Author Topic: ALL TAR 29 Scheduling INFO is HERE! Start to Finish!  (Read 20193 times)

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: ALL TAR 29 Scheduling INFO is HERE! Start to Finish!
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2017, 05:09:10 PM »
That is awful

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2017, 05:15:02 PM »
Just checked and "Mom" and "Life in Pieces" only have a few episodes left. Having them take April 20 off puts them into May sweeps with 3 episodes instead of ending their seasons on May 4.  Both will air their season finales on May 11, which then leaves a hole at 9pm.

"Big Bang" and "Great Indoors" don't have many unscheduled new episodes left either though.

Offline End

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2017, 05:40:03 PM »
TAR 29 isn't being burned off. The 2016-17 television season ends mid May. So networks typically try and get as many episodes aired before this date(Because viewing tends to be lower from this point on Broadcast as we move into the Summer season).

Keep in mind the show that once occupied this slot failed badly. CBS are using TAR to fill a hole in its schedule, nothing more. This isn't a permanent move for the show. CBS had always planned to use TAR after MacGyver but Training Day was an unexpected failure for the network.

By the way, TAR has no competition in this slot. The Blacklist Redemption and The Catch both pulled a 0.7 with their most recent episodes. CBS are looking at a timeslot winner here.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2017, 05:59:55 PM »
TAR would've aired well June had it premiered in late April also. Like you said, TAR is filler and it doesn't really matter if it finishes its run before the end of the regular season in May or in June.  So the possibility of airing not one, but two 2-hour episodes feels like they're eager to get it over with.  The season will end June 1st, unless they also air the finale as 2-hours which in the past sounded great, but would just confirm what then network thinks of the show now.  CBS could've easily kept the show on with an episode a week to finish on June 15 which would've kept new programming on Thursdays closer to the premiere of BB/Zoo on June 29.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2017, 06:07:43 PM »
TAR 29 isn't being burned off. The 2016-17 television season ends mid May. So networks typically try and get as many episodes aired before this date(Because viewing tends to be lower from this point on Broadcast as we move into the Summer season).

Keep in mind the show that once occupied this slot failed badly. CBS are using TAR to fill a hole in its schedule, nothing more. This isn't a permanent move for the show. CBS had always planned to use TAR after MacGyver but Training Day was an unexpected failure for the network.

By the way, TAR has no competition in this slot. The Blacklist Redemption and The Catch both pulled a 0.7 with their most recent episodes. CBS are looking at a timeslot winner here.

:hello2: :hiya :wel2 :bigwelcome :welcome2: to RFF, End!

Offline End

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
TAR would've aired well June had it premiered in late April also. Like you said, TAR is filler and it doesn't really matter if it finishes its run before the end of the regular season in May or in June.  So the possibility of airing not one, but two 2-hour episodes feels like they're eager to get it over with.  The season will end June 1st, unless they also air the finale as 2-hours which in the past sounded great, but would just confirm what then network thinks of the show now.  CBS could've easily kept the show on with an episode a week to finish on June 15 which would've kept new programming on Thursdays closer to the premiere of BB/Zoo on June 29.

The show isn't filler, CBS just had nothing else to place there after pulling Training Day from the schedule. The network never planned on Training Day performing so badly for them. I would also like to point out that the more episodes of TAR aired out of season in this slot, the higher chance of the show risking new lows. Scheduling as many episodes as possible before the television season concludes is quite protective of CBS(In my humble opinion).

I wouldn't like to see the shows numbers if it aired one episode per week out of season and into Summer in this slot. I fully believe the show will absolutely be renewed and given a better slot.

And thanks BourkieBoy. Have a good weekend all.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2017, 07:18:01 PM »
Only the first four episodes will on Thursdays before moving back to Fridays.

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/television/gail-pennington/amazing-race-gets-earlier-return-date-on-cbs/article_2fad6f8d-b97c-55af-b98b-6098e9fd4e7d.html

I have spoken with the author. This was an error and has now been corrected. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2017, 08:04:42 PM »
The show isn't filler, CBS just had nothing else to place there after pulling Training Day from the schedule. The network never planned on Training Day performing so badly for them.
That's basically the definition of filler. Or more specifically, "schedule spackle." TAR had no timeslot until the network ran out of original MacGyver episodes.  TAR was benched for most of the season and was called up when needed.  If Training Day had done well, TAR29 would've run well into June on Fridays if not gotten a full Summer slot alongside BB on Thursdays at 8pm or on a Tuesday even with a late June premiere.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2017, 09:14:12 PM »
Umm they could've given this slot to Undercover Boss...just sayin

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2017, 09:52:30 AM »
I disagree about it being burnoff. They're getting as many new episodes in before the end of the television season. The alternative is an extra week of reruns for the comedies that run at 9 pm. They're hoping TAR will rate better than reruns to boost the final season averages.

Edit: wrote this after only seeing the previous page, but End I see summed it up perfectly.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2017, 12:24:23 PM »
It makes sense there is back to back episodes one-time in April b/c that's when non-RTV shows take weeks off.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2017, 10:11:41 AM »
Potentially off-topic, but CBS just renewed 16 shows - TAR and a few other shows left in limbo.

What's very interesting is this small tidbit:

Also undecided is unscripted competition show The Amazing Race, which launches its new season next month in Training Day's time slot with the network said to want to shift to one season per year while producers are looking for two cycles.

Does this mean we are getting at LEAST 30?

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-renews-hawaii-five-0-blue-bloods-ncis-la-nola-988200

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:14 AM »
We've always been on this list when CBS hands out its mass renewals sometime in March. I would say this is a very ominous sign.

I was really hoping it would get renewed before the new season started, as instead now we will have to sweat out the ratings every Friday morning, and let's be honest: they're not going to be good. Poor ratings will be further leverage in whatever negotiations CBS has ongoing with WRP

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
I would argue that we have a fighting chance - both shows in its competition at the Thursdays at 10 PM timeslot are doing absolutely poor and are likely to be cancelled by both ABC and NBC (The Catch + The Blacklist Redemption).

But yes, fingers crossed. :(

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
You are absolutely correct, and that certainly could provide a small boost, but I try not to subscribe much to that competition theory. If a show is on that people want to watch, it will get watched. Modern Family thrived head to head against American Idol for years, and more recently against Empire, and thats just one small example.

Race is a family-oriented show, and I definitely worry about the 10 pm spot.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2017, 03:04:49 PM »
Race is a family-oriented show, and I definitely worry about the 10 pm spot.
This is the only reason I'm sweating - I don't see TAR's (casual) audience as one that would tune in so late. DVRs are popular, sure, but I never put much hope in them.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2017, 03:38:30 PM »
I'm think we are going get TAR30!

However, I think the ratings for 29 are going to be CRUCIAL for season 31 and 32!

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2017, 06:24:22 PM »
Take this as a sign that it's a toss up between 1 or 2 seasons a year at this point.
We need another viral YouTube video like the watermelon one from season 17!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
It is. And oooh boy, that would be awesome!!

not wishing THAT on anyone...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2017, 10:29:42 AM »
It's a better predicament than 0 or 1

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »
Take this as a sign that it's a toss up between 1 or 2 seasons a year at this point.
We need another viral YouTube video like the watermelon one from season 17!
TAR17 boosted the series a ton from the video-watching demographic, not to mention we also had the original Team YouTube that season, Michael and Kevin. We need "cheese hill" material. :lol:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #71 on: March 25, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »
Why are so many people freaking about a 10 pm timeslot?

The most acclaimed season, TAR5, aired on Tuesdays 10 pm, in summer 2004 and TAR9 aired on 10 pm Wednesdays in March 2006. Both succeeded.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 03:57:34 PM by TheBayAreaGuy »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2017, 11:52:27 AM »
WE can make this work whatever time we are in IF we all work together..

Watch or record LIVE time.

DVR watch as many times as possible, first within 24 hours then within a week. (You can always just run it with sound off after the first few).

Watch multiple times on CBS ALL Access if you can. Watch for a one month free trial and HELP OUT!

BE POSITIVE on FB...share how glad you are that we are back! Save the hate for later!

On Twitter: Twitter lots! Use #AmazingRace29 and #TAR29.  Include @AmazingRaceCBS ‏

Use the search feature for Amazing Race and RETWEET every nice tweet you see. We want to create a major BUZZ and show how HAPPY we are TAR is back. Getting TAR trending every week would be ideal!

If you are serious about wanting more...DO YOUR PART!!

:ghug:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2017, 10:39:40 AM »
If it can pull in a 1.2 I can totally seee it returning for TWO seasonds next year.

Looking like the comedies that air before it are compatible

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2017, 12:32:31 PM »
From CBS press express 

Thursday, June 1

10:00-11:00 PM  THE AMAZING RACE (29th Season Finale)