Author Topic: TAR Canada Applications  (Read 5211 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR Canada Applications
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:53:00 PM »
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?

Are you ready to discover parts of Canada and the world you’ve never
seen before?

Then we want you to audition for season four of The Amazing Race
Canada!

Good Luck and get ready for the race of a lifetime!

Casting closes November 23, 2015 at 11:59pm ET!

19 yr old age limit...as of March 2016 :ascared:
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/Casting/CASTING
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Canada Applications
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 08:56:59 AM »

'Amazing Race Canada' Season 3 winners give tips on applying for Season 4

jim-slotek
 By Jim Slotek, Postmedia Network 
First posted:  Friday, November 20, 2015 11:03 AM EST  | Updated:  Friday, November 20, 2015 11:26 AM EST 

They’d already been rejected once for Season 1. So Gino and Jesse Montani – the reigning champions on The Amazing Race Canada – were less than confident about their second audition.

“I remember submitting the tape, just having the fingers crossed,” Gino recalls. “And you’re like, ‘You never know, I think we might have a good chance.’”

“But then we were looking at the audition tapes for the American Amazing Race,” Jesse adds, “and we were looking at guys jumping out of planes and doing these crazy things. And we looked at our audition tape and said, ‘We suck!’”

“But then you get past the first few stages and you say, ‘Hey, we actually have a shot at getting on this show!’” Gino says. “That’s when the excitement just skyrockets.”

With Monday’s approaching deadline for Season 4 of The Amazing Race Canada, the Hamilton brothers are looking back on experiences that feel like a long time ago. They’re back at their old jobs – Jesse’s a steelworker and Gino is a community centre worker/Zamboni driver. And ironically enough for winners of a hyper-charged travel show – a journey that took them to India, South America and across Canada –they invested the money in a home. “Jesse and I just bought a house together. I guess we can’t get enough of each other, so we’re going to live together,” Gino says.

And then there’s the crazy travel opportunities that come with first place – a year of free business class travel anywhere in the world Air Canada flies. “We were actually going to try and jam one in before Christmas,” Gino says. “But it was like, ‘Y’know what? We just got a house, it’s Christmas, we’ll wait until January.’ January comes, we’re going to be like boom, boom, boom.”

“We have a list of places we want to go,” Jesse adds. “Monaco, France, Australia, Spain, Italy – and maybe just do some random places.”

“Hawaii, South Africa,” Gino continues.

All this from a second try in the audition process. “We were way too scripted when we applied for Season 1,” Jesse recalls. “We tried way too hard to make a perfect tape. Season 3 we just relaxed and focused on being ourselves. We just kind of had fun with it, went with the flow and submitted the first one we did.

“When you think you’re giving the perfect answer, it’s actually, like, the wrong answer,” says Gino. “It isn’t a test that you pass or fail. They want to see who you are, what’s different about you, what’s your story? Your three-minute audition tape is your chance to show who you are as individuals and as a team.”

From a pre-race interview I did with them, I sensed Gino and Jesse were determined. But they weren’t one of the teams bragging about having a plan that was definitely going to win it for them.

“We’re modest guys, so that wasn’t our style,” says Gino. “But this is the truth. Everybody always says, ‘We wanted it.’ But anybody who was on that show would know, Jesse and I just wanted it that much more. Honestly, like we didn’t let our guards down for one second. We had our eye on the prize the entire time and we weren’t going to let anyone get in the way of that.”

They still keep in touch with their fellow competitors, and have gotten together with the Toronto-area teams. “There were never any hard feelings, and you can appreciate good competition,” Gino says. “Us, Nick and Matt, Brent and Sean, nothing was malicious. We know and they know everything was done to get ahead in the race, and we shared an experience.”

Gino admits the looming new season makes him a little wistful. “We’re hoping there’s a Canadian All-Stars season down the road, that’s how much we enjoyed it.”

“It was a great experience,” adds Jesse. “That’s why everybody should get their audition tapes in.”

Online videos and applications can be submitted at CTV.ca/TheAmazingRaceCanada until Monday, Nov. 23 at 11:59 p.m. ET

Prospective racers must prepare a short introduction video, a close-up picture of the team and of each individual and fill out an online application.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/11/20/amazing-race-canada-season-3-winners-give-tips-on-applying-for-season-4
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
TARC season 5 is now casting.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:26:34 PM »
They just posted the info and link on their Facebook page!!!
Go with the possible film date too!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC season 5 is now casting.
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »
Ah, so it's not an All-Stars, then. Curious that they delayed the announcement this time.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:29:36 PM »
The announcement is touting the country's 150th Anniversary.

Uh oh!  :funny:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:56:28 PM »
Well it does also say "Are you ready to discover *parts of Canada and the world* you’ve never seen before?"
So not going back to entirely domestic, but probably about the usual ratio,

I don't know...trust me, they've used up the good places in this country.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 02:59:57 PM »
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/Casting/CASTING

Filming Spring 2017

Racing into Canada’s 150th anniversary year, The Amazing Race Canada is searching from coast to coast to coast for a new group of Racers ready to win it all.

Your first challenge: find that all-important racing teammate.  A teammate that you know, a teammate you have a great connection with, and a teammate that you want to race with all the way to that finish line to claim the grand prize!  (TAR USA please take notice!)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 03:05:22 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 03:18:45 PM »
Spring in North America is:
March-May

I think this is Spring??

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 03:23:07 PM »
Filming has always started end of April, first week of May. Always on a Friday.

Season 4 began April 28.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 08:04:46 PM »
Just a question, do we know exactly the different step from the first video to being cast on the show?

I heard after your initial vidéo, that if they liked what they saw, that you receive a longer questionnaire (so a written part, not another video), and then several interviews, etc.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 07:18:17 PM »
I think I remember team body break also did a video of the overall process...

Do we know how many teams makes it to round 2?

Offline TheHippo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 03:36:51 PM »
I think I remember team body break also did a video of the overall process...

Do we know how many teams makes it to round 2?

No, wish they would release an inkling of detailed info on how the process unfolds after you submit your application (aka Round 2 and Beyond!!)