Author Topic: TRAVEL GUIDES  (Read 4053 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 'He's doing Aerial Acrobatics'
TRAVEL GUIDES
« on: February 12, 2017, 01:13:24 AM »

TRAVEL GUIDES: TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, AT 9.00PM ON NINE

In Nine’s hilarious new series Travel Guides, six very different groups of ordinary Aussies dive into the role of travel critics, reviewing their holidays in some of the world’s hottest tourist spots.

Each trip on Travel Guides, which premieres Tuesday, February 14, at 9.00pm, is packed with adventure – from the lap of luxury to bargain-basement thrills. But with each experience opinions differ, leading to brutally honest and often outrageous reviews. After sampling the accommodation, cuisine and local attractions our guides will rate their stay out of five stars.

It all begins in Japan’s crazy, colourful and fun-filled capital – Tokyo.

Our travel guides are:

•Flight attendants Chrissy, Mon and Cath, three fun-loving friends. They’ve seen the world, but only if you count airports.

•Travel snobs Kevin and Janetta, a retired jet-setting couple from Victoria. When you’re used to flying up the pointy end, anything else is second best.

•Bargain hunters and restaurateurs the Fren family from Newcastle. They’ll stop at nothing to bag an upgrade and find the funny side of any holiday disaster.

•Hippie Queenslanders Matt and Monni, raring to go and spread “good vibes” around the globe.

•Big spenders the Rifais, a tight-knit family who agree on just one thing – that they disagree.

•Cowgirls and identical twins Mel and Stack. Look out, world, they’ve never left the country before!

Narrated by Australian actress and comedian Denise Scott, Travel Guides will be the most fun you’ll have on holiday all year.

SOURCE: http://www.nineentertainmentco.com.au/2017/02/03/15/32/travel-guides-premieres-on-nine
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:22:54 PM by BourkieBoy »
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TRAVEL GUIDES
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 01:19:51 AM »
Remember, join us Tuesday at 9:00pm (AEST, 5:00am Eastern time, 2:00am Pacific time)

Meanwhile, lets discuss about the show  :hrt: :luvya:
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 03:03:01 AM »
With under an hour to go, I am calling on any Australian to help update with me. I'm Probably not going to be able to update the full show.
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 04:10:49 AM »
AND WE ARE ON AIR!

(Do I have any more updates? Can update for long  :groan: :knock:)
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 04:12:24 AM »
'Holidays. We all want them to perfect. However, for one person's liking is for the others hating'

'I don't want water up my rectum today'

The show covers the travel guides adventures.

'I don't about you, but is the most bare bums I ever seen in my life!'
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 04:13:16 AM »
All of the travel guide are going to fly out from Sydney to Tokyo!

They are going to spend a week there!

HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 04:14:43 AM »
Kevin and Janette are the old 'travel snobs' you get.

'We're Probaly one of the most well-travelled people we know' Kevin

Outback twins Snack and Mel are going overseas for their first overseas holiday.

The only holiday they have been on, is to Birdsville!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 04:15:55 AM »
'The furthest we have traveled to is Mount Isa'

'Do we need towels? Do motels have them?'

It is a 10 hour flight to Tokyo, that has 13 million people!

That is half of Australians population

And over 400,000 Aussies visited that city last year!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 04:17:39 AM »
'Here we are at Tokyo'

They will be staying a five-star hotel!

'On one holiday, my aim is to try and get one free upgrade'

The wife of this family is just a BOGAN!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2017, 04:18:41 AM »
'Dad thinks he is the macho man of the family, however Mum is the boss'

We have failed on their upgrade!

'We are full'

'I'm Stacey, how you going? My god you have small hands!'
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 04:19:51 AM »
The guides are all staying in a traditional Japanese  room

They are worth over $500 a night!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2017, 04:20:15 AM »
I need to go now. Can anyone else update?
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 10:49:30 PM »
I only saw bits of this show but I did not enjoy it. From my 5 minutes of watching it, the people were quite annoying.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 12:44:21 AM »
Episode 1 summary! (Aired on the 14th of February 2016)
Show content
The travel guides are: Kevin and Janette, Stack and Mel, Chrissy, Mon and Cath, The Fren Family, Matt and Monni, The Rifai Family
The show covers all of the travel guides' expenses.
The guides flew out from Sydney to Toyko.
The guides stay at the 5 star Meguro Gajoen hotel, which rooms rate from $500 a night
The guides first attraction is the Oodeo Onsen (Japanese baths), where men and women bathe NAKED!
The next attraction is for the guides to visit the neighbourhood of Harajuku.
Next up for the guides, is to visit the famous Shibuya crossing.
The guides are off to the Cherry Blossom Festival, where they cross many drunken people.
On their way to dinner, the guides need to catch the train! (The Cowboy girls think everything is written in Chinese!)
At the resturant, most of the guides struggle with the language barrier.
After dinner, they go out and explore Tokyo at night. They all end up in a bar, singing karaoke and give good laughs to everyone in it.
Near the end of their trip in Tokyo, the guides go and visit a shrine.
On the final morning of the Travel Guides stay, they have to rate their holiday out of five stars. The Riafi Faimly rate their holiday a 3-5. Chrissy, Mon and Cath give it a 4 out of 5. Stack and Mel rate it a 1 and a half. Kevin and Janette rate their holiday a 4-5. Matt and Monni gives it full 5 out of 5! Finally, the Fren Family give it a 2 out of 5.
The guides are off Phuket, Thailand next week!

Funniest quotes of the episode: 'I don't want water up my rectum today', 'I don't know about you, but this is the most bare bums I've ever seen 'I'm Stacey, my god you have little hands' 'I'm getting one of those, when I go home' 'I'd rather not see any penises today' (Quote of the episode) 'Takeashita street' 'I got slapped across the face with a lady's handbag.' 'I paid her to' 'Luckly we only saw him from behind, otherwise we might of seen the threesie' 'I'm going to McDonalds after this' 'You sounded like you had swallowed a gerbil' 'I'm having a bad ear day'

Hope everyone enjoyed!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 12:10:41 AM »
Episode 2 summary! (Aired on the 21st of February 2017)

Show content
The guides are off to Phuket in this episode, where half a million Aussies visit every year!
It is just a 9 hour flight from Australia!
They are all staying at the 3-star Andaman Bangtao Bay Resort, where rooms are from 50 Aussie dollars a night
As the sun sets on Phuket, all guides are off to the night markets in Phuket Old Town
The guides are to spend the day at Patong Beach!
Boxing is the next activity for the guides
Kevin and Janetta 'retire' on the boxing and go to a cafe for some drinks
The guides are off to the Phang-Nha Elephant Park, where nearly all of the guides hang on to the elephant for dear life!
The next attraction for the guides is a ladyboys show, in Patong's red-light district (where Kevin gets picked up for a starring role)
The guides are on a long-tail boat to an island, where they will have 'lots of fun' (Parasailing over the sea and sea walking)
On their final day of the guides stay, they go out shopping and on the final night of their stay, they light lanterns on the beach
The Fren Family rate their Thailand holiday 3 stars out of 5. Chrissy, Mon and Cath rate it 4-5. Kevin and Janetta rate it 2.5 stars. Matt and Monni rate the full amount of stars. The Ruffai Family rate Thailand 2 out of 5. Finally, Stack and Mel rated their holiday a 3 out of 5.
Next week on Travel Guides, the guides are off to Queenstown, New Zealand!
Funniest quotes of the episode: 'All we know about this country is that it's cheap and a lot of our friends go here and get plastic surgery' 'It's got mouse droppings all of it' 'I am loving Patong Beach' (Best quote of the episode, purely because of the bogany accent!) 'The elephant had the biggest dick I've ever seen' 'I was a bit nervous going to the ladyboys show, because I wasn't saw if they were going to flop it out'
I hope everyone enjoyed!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline English Bob

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2017, 02:19:13 AM »
This is the best and funniest thing I have seen on TV in ages. I really like the different perspective from each one.
The researchers did a fantastic job finding the guests and bringing this show together.

Any more info on Mel and Stack? They are a modern day Crocodile Dundee and should have their own show after this.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 03:05:03 AM »
This is the best and funniest thing I have seen on TV in ages. I really like the different perspective from each one.
The researchers did a fantastic job finding the guests and bringing this show together.

Any more info on Mel and Stack? They are a modern day Crocodile Dundee and should have their own show after this.

:wel2 :bigwelcome :welcome2: to RFF, English Bob! As for MEL and Stack, they are cowgirls from rural Queensland. They are also twins. Do you like the Fren Family?
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 12:05:09 AM »
'Episode 3 summary! (Aired on the 28th of February 2017)
So sorry for the late update!

Show content
The guides are off to Queenstown, New Zealand in this episode, where half a million Aussies visit
every year!
They shall be going EVERYWHERE, in a motor-home, which Kevin and Janetta are not fussed about
The guides will be staying at the Creeksyde Holiday Park', where spaces are from $60 a night
For dinner, they had to line up outside Frenburger for 45 minutes! At the dinner, Stack and Mel take a fancy to the young waiter
The first attraction for guides is the Skyline gondola and at the top, the views are AMAZING!
The guides go into an Ice Bar, where it is FREEZING! Meanwhile, Stack and Mel go to the Cowboys Bar and ride an bucking bull!
Next up, the guides go to Kawarau Bridge, to do a massive bungy jump and Stack and Mel are VERY scared! They also (of course), where fancied over the bungy instructor
On a detour on the way home, they all check out Arrowtown, an old mining town
On the way to Glenorchy, the guides drive through the greatest road in the world! The view is glam!
In Glenorchy, the guides board a helicopter, to go to the Mount Earnslaw Glacier, where the reaction of the guides is just jaw-dropping
Now for the star-rating: Matt and Monni, Stack and Mel, The Rifai Family and Chrissy, Mon and Cath all rate Queenstown a 5 out of 5, meanwhile the Fren's rate it a 4 out of 5 and Kevin and Janetta give only a 2.5 out of 5
Funniest quotes of the episode: 'Where going SH. SHITHOUSE' 'Oh god. Where in a caravan park. I may as well be in hell' 'Let's try and pick out the positives of this. The bins are close! 'I had the worst night's sleep ever' 'You won't get tinea, if you wee on your feet' 'The reason why you are getting tinea, is because people are pissing on the floor! (Quote of the ep!) 'Your guys aren't popping enough. Maybe because I'm not an eye-popper!' 'Are you going to chunder all over me?' 'Can you hurry up with my beanie? My head's getting cold'
Next episode, the guides are off to Oman!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 12:39:36 AM »
Episode 4 summary! (Aired on 7th of March 2017) In my opinion, this was the best episode so far!
Show content
The guides are off to Oman in this episode, where only 3 million people live. It is also an 18-hour flight from Australia! 3,000 Aussies also visit this country each year
In Oman, if you swear, you will be imprisoned for 48 hours! (My Geography teacher referred to this in class, today!)
For the week, the guides will be staying at the SIX STAR Shangri-La Al Husn, where a rooms rate from $350 a night!
As you can imagine, the Fren's LOVE the beach buffet!
The first attraction for the guides is the Mutrah Souq
The guides then go on the Sunset Dhow Cruise
On the way to visit a traditional desert camp, the guides are treated to a ride of their life, while Dune Bashing!
On a night, the guides are staying at the Sama Al Wasil Desert Camp, which will cost you $153 per night!
The next morning, they have a big camel ride and most guides are very scared!
After the camel ride, the guides get back to camp on a toboggan, going down a massive hill, where most of them fall off!
The Hosties (Chrissy, Mon and Cath) tried their hand at 'Couch Surfing' and loved it!
Meanwhile, Kevin and Janetta do some paddleboarding, which Kevin isn't very good at
Their last attraction, is the Sultan Something (I can't remember the name!  :funny:) Grand Mosque
Out of five stars, The Rafai's and the Cowgirls give it a 4. Matt and Monni, the Hosties and the Fren's give it a full quota. Kev and Janetta give it a 4.5 out of 5.
Next week, the guides are back in Australia and off to the Northern Territory!
Funniest quotes of the episode: 'We were scared. We thought we were going to get blown up' 'You better focus on the road, HAHAHAHAH' 'Stacey's going get locked up straight away' 'My God, she got some big dockers' (Quote of the episode) 'I wouldn't be surprised if Aladdin didn't fly past on his carpet right now' 'You don't have to wear underwear. You just freeball in them' 'I'm not going to buy my child a sword, but I'll buy him a gun though!' 'It does look like abit like a prison' 'Are the camels in the Nutcracker story?' 'This is Omanizing' 'You don't get this on Nobby's Beach'
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 12:52:21 AM »
Episode 5 summary! (Aired on Tuesday the 14th of March 2017)
The guides are off to the Northern Territory, where a million visitors come every year!
They will be having a week-long budget camping holiday (starting from Darwin)
First up, the guides are off to Crocosaurus Cove (which is in the Main Street of Darwin!) The guides are also going to swim with the crocs!
The guides will drive 600 kilometres in one week! Their first stop is Katherine, which is halfway to their first overnight stop at Daly Waters.
The guides are staying their first night at Nitmiluk National Park, where they SLEEP IN READY-MADE TENTS!
The guides will take a 2 hour cruise down the Nitmiluk Gorge. They will also see some of these oldest rock art in the world
Next up, is the Top Didji Cultural Experience, where the guides learn 'Bush Survival Skills'. You get to throw spears and learn how to make fire
The guides are off to the town of Mataranka, which will give one of the biggest surprises of the trip.
On the way, the Rifai's stop to put clothes on the termite mounds!
The guides are off to the Thermal Springs! (Which are lovely!)
For the night, the guides need to set up their own tent, which causes many arguments and troubles!
Next up, is fishing in the River, where it is quite funny to watch them all fish!
The final destination for the guides is Daly Waters! (Sad they didn't go to Alice Springs)
THE HOSTIES MOONED A CAR ON THE WAY TO THE DALY WATERS!
On the way to Daly Waters, the guides have a stopover at the Devonshire Tea Bakehouse, owned by lovely Fran!
The guides are going to camp right next to the Daly Waters Historic Pub, where the Fren's have a massive arguement!
The guides are the off to the Daly Waters Historic Pub, where everyone leaves their undies behind!
It's now time to rate the holiday! The HOSTIES rate it a 4. Kevin and Janetta rate it a 1 out of 5. The Rifai's rate it a 3 out of 5. Matt and Monni rate it a full quota. Stack and Mel give it a 5 out of 5 as well. Finally, the Fren's rate it a 3 star rating.
Next week, the guides are of on a South Pacific cruise!
Funniest quotes of the episode: 'I think something's biting my ass' (Quote of the episode) 'Shut your gobs' 'Even in jail you get a concrete floor' 'Cool bastard' 'Did someone fart' 'I nearly had enough!' 'That's not a holiday. That's torture' 'Could you cut by sandwiches until quarters please?' 'No-one's died and no-one's in jail. Yet' 'Do we need to leave our bras and knickers behind? Certainly'
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline English Bob

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 02:25:21 AM »
I have just seen episode 3 and 4 here and all I can say is Fantastic !
I was lead to believe they were only doing 3 shows, so glad that was not true. I was so mad after I saw how good episode 1 and 2 were that, I wrote to channel 9 begging for more.

I really like all the guests on this show but I do want to see Melissa River and Stacy Wilburn have their own spin off show. 

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 03:01:51 AM »
I have just seen episode 3 and 4 here and all I can say is Fantastic !
I was lead to believe they were only doing 3 shows, so glad that was not true. I was so mad after I saw how good episode 1 and 2 were that, I wrote to channel 9 begging for more.

I really like all the guests on this show but I do want to see Melissa River and Stacy Wilburn have their own spin off show.

Haha I love it! I believe the series is going for 7 episodes?? So 2 more left! Yes Stack and Mel are hilarious, however I really, really, really like the Fren Family. What are your thought on them
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:51 AM »
Episode 6 summary! (Aired on the 21st of March 2017)
Show content
The guides are going on a cruise around the South Pacific! Last year, more than one million Aussies went on a cruise!
On the cruise, (running for 10 days), they will go around New Caledonia and Vanuatu
The cruise room are $3,099 PER PERSON!
The first night of the cruise, is a bingo night, which Mon won!
The cruise first stoppes off at the Isle of Pines in New Caledonia (which is bloody beautiful!)
At the Isle of Pines, you can go on an adventure at Turtle Bay, where you get to swim with turtles!
Back on the ship, the guides are off the the fancy Dragon Lady resturant and Angelos!
The guides are off to Gaspy Night, on the ship, where your get dressed up and drink cocktails and it SO funny to watch them all dance!
Next stop for the cruise is the coral island of Lifou, where some of the whitest sand in the world is located
The guides are going on a Melanesian Encounter Tour, where they get to drink coconut water and have a cooking class!
The ship has now crossed into Vanuatu and about to stop at 'Mystery Island'
At Mystery Island (which is haunted!), the guides are going snorkelling!
It's time for the 5-star rating: Matt and Monni give it a 3.5. The Fren's rate it a 3.5 as well. The Hosties rate it a 3. The Rifai's give it a 3. Stack and Mel give it a 4 stars. Finally, Kev and Janetta give it a 3/5
Next week, the guides are off to the Gold Coast!
Funniest quotes of the episode: 'If you dump me in the Teens Club, I will throw myself off the ship' 'I'm feeling very intoxicated' 'I need to take my pants off' 'I feel very at home here' 'Here are your balls young man' (Quote of the episode)  'Yours has a knob on the top' 'Screw that chief' 'No offence to the elderly people, but get off. It's not for you guys'

Hope you enjoyed!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2017, 01:07:17 AM »
Episode 7 summary! (Aired on the 28th of March 2017)
Show content
The guides are off to Gold Coast this episode, where 3 and a half million Aussies visit every year!
The guides will be staying at the 5 star Palazzo Versace (where rooms rate from $375 A NIGHT!), where they are chauffeured to the hotel from the airport in a Rolls Royce!
The first attraction for the guides to taste the seafood buffet, at the hotel's resturant
The stop for the guides, will be on the Surfers Paradise beach! (MY FAVOURITE BEACH EVER!) On the beach, the Rifai's go surfing and it is SO FUNNY!
NOW THEY GET TO GO TO CAVILL AVENUE AT NIGHT! WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!
Next up, the guides are having a High Tea and going into the Aurora Spa.
Next up, THEY ARE GOING ON THE SKYCLIMB AT THE Q1! I'M GOING ON THIS HOLIDAY!
The guides are now going on a gondola ride around the canals of the Gold Coast. (Which has more canals than Venice!)
The guides then go to the expensive Versace shop in the hotel
The final activity for the guides is swimming with dolphins at Sea World.
It's now time for the 5 star rating: The Rafai's give it a 4 out of 5. Stack and Mel give it a four also. The Hosties rate it four again. The Fren's give it a 4. Kev and Jenetta give it a 3.5 (their highest score ever). Finally, Matt and Monni give it a 3
Next week, the guides are off to Dubai!
Funniest quotes of this episode: 'We are travelling in a Royal Royce' 'They do know that we are backpackers right' 'You guys are the biggest pigs on earth' 'I wonder if we could be in the meter maids' 'Even the bloody seagulls wouldn't eat that!' 'I don't really like exposing myself' 'People dress like sl*ts on the Gold Coast' 'Stop. Rocking. The. Stairs. If not, I'm going to cut your balls off!' (Quote of the episode' 'It tasted like Fanta and bong water' 'I'm going to glass you' 'I could of bought a shit car with that'

Hope you enjoyed and I'm so sorry for the late update!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline English Bob

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 08:57:21 AM »
Sadly I am stuck at episode 4 and can't find or view anymore at this time. The world hates us in Europe
especially the Americans who try to control what we view.
I hope to catch up to the rest of this awesome series in a few weeks as I love this show.

Sadly I am told that we are going to 'Copy' this show with a Brit version here.... That will probably not appeal to me but tons of our shows get copied all over the world.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 06:52:54 PM »
Sadly I am stuck at episode 4 and can't find or view anymore at this time. The world hates us in Europe
especially the Americans who try to control what we view.
I hope to catch up to the rest of this awesome series in a few weeks as I love this show.

Sadly I am told that we are going to 'Copy' this show with a Brit version here.... That will probably not appeal to me but tons of our shows get copied all over the world.

That's a real shame Bob. Does 9Now work where you are? If not, I guess the only option is to try YouTube!
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2017, 04:24:14 AM »
With the Australian version finished, I will now start doing the English versions! (They are being shown on Channel 9!)

The first two will come tomorrow (my time),so stay tuned for that!  :conf:
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?

Offline English Bob

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 11:49:30 AM »
Managed to see episode 5 and 6 and I love this show. I used ti travel a lot and this is like taking a trip

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2017, 12:04:43 AM »
HOWE DOES HE DO THAT?