Author Topic: What International TAR do you think is the BEST now?  (Read 13127 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: What International TAR do you think is the BEST now?
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 12:12:51 AM »
So that was 2015.When/where  was it used before that?? I really don't keep tabs...

Hamerotz/TARPH2.

Offline Drake

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 03:11:12 AM »
HaMerotz LaMillion had the Double Battle since S2 so 2012 I think?
fwiw the Double Battle was -also- better since the tasks weren't just sport related :angel
Yes, they had it. I remember the Double Battle during the task called Musical Chairs.

teams had to play a voleyball match one against the other, where the losers has to keep playing until beating another team and the one who lost the last match also had to serve a time penalty (15 minutes) before receiving the next clue.
TAR Canada also had Volleyball task last season (That was The Face-Off twist)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2017, 08:51:30 PM »
HaMerotz. There clearly is no other answer to this question rn.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2017, 01:15:37 AM »
Yeah, TAR Canada pretending they "invented" the Face Off was so  :groan: It's almost like other TARs don't exist. Though sometimes, TAR Canada feels like no other countries exist.  :angel

So that was 2015.When/where  was it used before that?? I really don't keep tabs...

I like how in the Wikipedia article for TARC3, it says:
In an article for the official Amazing Race Canada CTV website, the "Face Off" was described as "first and exclusive" to the Canadian edition with host Jon Montgomery stating that they "invented" the twist despite having already been introduced under various names in at least five other Amazing Race editions worldwide.[4]
:funny:
Specifically, Latin America, Israel, China, Philippines and Norway.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2017, 03:15:06 PM »
Maybe they were being sneaky and trying to hide the fact that they just invented the 'first and exclusive' NAME for the Face Off... :P
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!