Author Topic: S34: Michaela Bradshaw - Millenials vs Gen X (14th) "MANA"  (Read 2604 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S34: Michaela Bradshaw - Millenials vs Gen X (14th) "MANA"
« on: February 08, 2017, 08:23:10 AM »
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:00:36 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: S34: Michaela Bradshaw - Millenials vs Gen X (14th) "MANA"
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
Hometown: Fort Worth, TX
Previously played on: Season 33: Millennials Vs. Gen X, Finished 14th

How have you changed since the last time you played?
Since Millennials Vs. Gen X, I've found it a lot easier to take action in the face of fear. After surviving loneliness, starvation, physical exhaustion, and exposure to the elements, I just can't allow silly things like “what-if" scenarios to have control over me.

Also, I find that my reaction is to laugh at ridiculous things as opposed to becoming upset or angry. Whether it’s an annoying person, an unexpected delay, or a letdown of some sort, I just don't have the energy to be upset at anything that can't win me $1 million.

What skills do you bring to Survivor that will make you a useful member of the group and what skills have you been learning since you last played?
I bring intelligence and realness to this game. In a game filled with paranoid people who thrive on deception, those qualities are a breath of fresh air to some.

Since Millennials Vs. Gen X, I've been learning how to hide what I'm thinking and what I'm capable of to some degree. I found out first hand that in a game for $1 million, no one wants to play with someone they think they can't beat.

What are you most proud of from the last time?
I'm most proud of the fact that I broke a lot of stereotypes. I was the woman who carried my tribe. I was the black girl who could swim and wasn't afraid to get her hair wet. I was the emotional one who could still make a logical decision. I was the "athlete" who was actually intelligent and articulate. I didn't fit in a box, and I liked that about myself.

What, if anything, do you most regret?
I regret not understanding the importance of perception. What's real doesn't matter in this game. What people think and how they feel is what matters. My mistake in Millennials Vs. Gen X was not paying close enough attention to how others felt.

How will you play differently this time?
I will play differently by monitoring how I am perceived. Instead of bucking the system, I'm going to "play the game."

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:20 PM »
Meet Season 34 Castaway Michaela Bradshaw

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_V-5oQlJdag" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_V-5oQlJdag</a>

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 05:16:08 PM »
It seems that the Russell effect is something the castaways fear a lot this season in regards to Michaela and Zeke... And judging on her most likely strong first impression (athleticism, intelligence) I don't think Michaela will last.. :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: S34: Michaela Bradshaw
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 02:43:22 PM »
Really really hope she does. Want her to go far!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:20:08 PM »
Redemption Time!!!
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »