Author Topic: Joys and Disappointments of TARA5  (Read 17072 times)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Joys and Disappointments of TARA5
« on: December 15, 2016, 08:09:33 AM »
I'll bring this over from the US TAR boards.

Subject explains the topic: What are your joys and disappointments of Season 5?

I'll input my detailed post once I get to check my posts on previous threads.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Joys and Disappointments of TARA5
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 08:31:17 AM »
Joy:
-Everything but the production's Yield/U-Turn Decision for the F4 leg
-Everything but the first leg

Disappointment:
-The production's Yield/U-Turn Decision for the F4 leg
-The first leg

Done. :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 08:43:59 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:02:53 AM »
What a amazing season... This season has everything considerable to become one of the best season in TAR franchise.. And it comes when i pesimistic about this season <3333

The casts were really deliver and interesting... The tasks were very challenging and tricky.... Not overdrama but it's suspenful... And the locations are great too...

Despite horrible premiere and penultimate leg (and lessen first comer in regular leg prize) , it isn't lessen the phenomenal things that provided in

AND THE FINALE LEG <333333333333

Phenomenal season overall <33
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:48:55 PM by rafael02 »
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 01:43:07 PM »
I am NOT looking...but there better not be one outcome spoiler in this thread. ALL spoilers stay in the LIVE discussion ONLY x3 days.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »
No "spoilers" so far, but I plan to have my detailed post when I have so much time, since I'll be extracting info from past posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 01:46:42 AM »
No "spoilers" so far, but I plan to have my detailed post when I have so much time, since I'll be extracting info from past posts.

3 days. Then it is okay, or you can post in the LIVE update thread for now. Thanks guys, I haven't been unspoiled for winners in years, so this is fun for me!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Firestone

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
comment removed for rudeness
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:41:44 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 09:38:49 AM »

3 days. Then it is okay, or you can post in the LIVE update thread for now. Thanks guys, I haven't been unspoiled for winners in years, so this is fun for me!

To be specific, I'll be posting in a week or two from now. ??? I have to do it when I'm working with fewer tabs, because I'll be using up a lot for the other threads. Right now, I should think about getting rid of those other tabs. :lol:

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 11:28:35 AM »
(Big Major) Joys/Strength:

1) Amazing cast. The first 3 boots end up being non entities and I really like the F8 teams this season and I feel like they stay and ran the race for a very long time.
2) Great task roster.
3) Decent route. Despite it looks like normal and meh to have 5 legs on Indonesia on paper, but it really hold up well thanks to the task roster and of course the cast really brings it.

(Minor / Very Minor) Disappointments/Weakness:

1) Starting line elimination. What's the point of having 11 teams if we have starting line elimination. I would rather have 10 teams instead.
2) KL/Penang leg design. I wish they don't wasted half of leg in KL just doing rappelling on a sponsored company building and make a full Penang leg instead with possible exploration on the west half of island or maybe even have half island - half mainland leg and have stunning shot of the two road bridges connecting mainland and island perhaps.
3) Detour on Singapore leg. I don't get why they perform the detour on a random car park. Thank goodness it end up being kinda irrelevant and have minimal airtime focus.
4) Banyuwangi leg design. Duh.
5) Editing. It was good most of the time, but it's sad to see there's no time departure showing on every teams.

Overall TARA5 is a very decent season to watch and I can say it's the best TARA season so far.

TARA5 Leg Ranking:

Bali
Manila/Vigan
Yogyakarta
Ho Chi Minh City
Bandung
Banyuwangi
Singapore
Phuket
KL/Penang
Jakarta

Season Ranking:
5 > 1 >>> 4 >> 3 >>>>>> 2
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:45:23 AM by naejae91 »
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 01:12:48 AM »
I literally do not see anything wrong with the Banyuwangi leg design aside from the race powers? The tasks were all really good and I actually got goosebumps seeing the red bean task be reborn.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2016, 12:23:10 AM »
I literally do not see anything wrong with the Banyuwangi leg design aside from the race powers? The tasks were all really good and I actually got goosebumps seeing the red bean task be reborn.

Obviously I'm talking about the race powers on the penultimate leg. I just couldn't find suitable term to describe that time.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.