Author Topic: TARA 5 Ep 9 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*  (Read 96317 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 9 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 08:00:09 AM »
Next week on the season finale of The Amazing Race Asia...

Three teams race to the finish line.

Who will rise and who will fall?

All teams shown rushing.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 08:01:40 AM »
At least Louisa & Treasuri won a prize of tickets to anywhere by Garuda Indonesia.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 08:07:28 AM »
That was so unjusticed!  :tantrum A Yield and a U-turn on the F4 is an utterly awful leg design. Trez & Lou honestly deserved to make it past this leg. :( This penultimate leg had potential, but an awful leg design ruined it. (:;) Words can't express how awful this is for them. :'( It's completely unfair as the twists are pitted against them. :torche

Indonesia usually gets the worst eliminations. :( What coincidence.

I'll comment and rant more about the leg next time.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2016, 08:08:05 AM »
At least Louisa & Treasuri won a prize of tickets to anywhere by Garuda Indonesia.

What I would've said on a less rigged elimination. :(

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 08:21:37 AM »
It wasn't rigged. Let's just say awfully placed.

There is NO WAY IN HELL THAT A UTURN IS BEFORE A DETOUR WTF TARA???????

Just because TAR27 did it once doesn't mean YOU should follow  :groan:

It sucks because otherwise this leg was phenomenal. All the tasks were amazing and I LOVED the TAR8 Switchback. I audibly gasped when I saw it.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 08:48:40 AM »
That was so painful to watch. The tasks were good, but Yield and U-Turn before detour in Final 4? Really??

:gaah: :gaah: :groan: :groan: :dick :dick

So sad but proud of Treasuri and Louisa  :luvya:  :luvya:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:02:52 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2016, 08:56:48 AM »
Really TARA? Yield and U-Turn in one leg? It's one of my favorite legs but with the twists it is going far to the bottom of my least favorite legs  blahblah

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2016, 09:08:46 AM »
There is NO WAY IN HELL THAT A UTURN IS BEFORE A DETOUR WTF TARA???????

I had realized the same thing and was about to make a post about it. :ascared Seriously, this leg design was against them. :torche TARA, why!? :gaah: It wasn't that necessary.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2016, 10:41:09 AM »
Trez and Lousizaaaa for ALLSTARS

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2016, 03:02:14 PM »
Reading the gamerfan09 commentary and I can imagine the Banyuwangi leg has potential to be the great penultimate leg showdown BUT COMPLETELY RUINED BY THE AWFUL LEG DESIGN!!! Seriously Yield and U-Turn on the same leg ESPECIALLY AT THE F4 PENULTIMATE LEG, TARA???

It's lucky that the great tasks and the spectacular F4 teams saved this leg from being TAR24-level awful to the normal awful that cause me on rage and bitter.

Oh ya, Treasuri & Louisa for TARA-AS. This can apply to every TARA5 teams except the first three eliminated teams.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2016, 03:35:20 PM »
this leg has been a MAJOR turn off after 8 amazing legs. not only they place both Yield and U-Turn on the same leg, but also placed a U-Turn BEFORE detour? and it doesn't stop right there. Both detour sides has limited stations, so when Treasuri & Louisa done the Human Bull detour in FIRST place, they have to wait around 30 minutes doing NOTHING before doing the other side of detour. :res:

i feel like this leg has been designed to screw one team's race. unfortunately, on this case it's Trez & Lou. i may be biased because my country got eliminated, but if it's happen to other teams, i'm sure they will feel the same.
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2016, 05:56:25 PM »
Regardless on the leg-design wise, i would say that the tasks in  this leg by far was one of the best tasks ever on TARA ( i also include Thailand's leg and the previous leg) and TAR franchise. The RB was mental-physical task that really created some drama and inspiration there, it was great to watch teams struggled to lift the rocks and bring them up. And detour was amazing,dragon horse required detail and human bull was mental-physical too. These tasks was over the top.

Unfortunately, the leg design was not get into it. U-turn in f4 was disastrous and adding yield to this leg was adding a tornado into the disastrous place. It was completely unfair... I had no problem actually with u-turn placed before u-turn, but still the leg design was painful to watch......

In this case, i will give D on leg design and A+ on the task....
I hope the crew learn from mistake and not ruin the final leg, cause the final leg is essential...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 06:16:12 PM by rafael02 »
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2016, 11:05:49 PM »
Finale Preview:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yFsXTWmIcgE&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yFsXTWmIcgE&amp;</a>

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2016, 11:54:29 PM »
I may be upset over this leg's design but going online and seeing fans of both Team Indonesia and Team Philippines fighting and slandering Treasuri & Louisa, Eric & Rona, and Parul & Maggie on social media.... it's absolutely disgusting behavior.

I am ashamed. These idiotic and bitter casuals make the US ones seem so tame by default.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2016, 01:57:49 AM »
I may be upset over this leg's design but going online and seeing fans of both Team Indonesia and Team Philippines fighting and slandering Treasuri & Louisa, Eric & Rona, and Parul & Maggie on social media.... it's absolutely disgusting behavior.

I am ashamed. These idiotic and bitter casuals make the US ones seem so tame by default.

In what social media? Ss please....

If it's true, then let's enjoy it, i must be laugh over these casuals ruining social media like these show down their stupidity...
what might have been

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2016, 05:50:43 AM »

If it's true, then let's enjoy it, i must be laugh over these casuals ruining social media like these show down their stupidity...

I think it's expected for casuals to fight about it, but I wasn't expecting it to be worse than the US comments. I'm not risking my eyes on those comments. :peek So shameful indeed.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2016, 11:44:17 AM »

I think it's expected for casuals to fight about it, but I wasn't expecting it to be worse than the US comments. I'm not risking my eyes on those comments. :peek So shameful indeed.
The fans of the US version don't have national pride with their teams

Offline runningblind

• RFF Full Member
  • Hope sir Terry had a pleasant talk with DEATH.
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2016, 03:48:20 PM »
placed a U-Turn BEFORE detour? and it doesn't stop right there. Both detour sides has limited stations, so when Treasuri & Louisa done the Human Bull detour in FIRST place, they have to wait around 30 minutes doing NOTHING before doing the other side of detour.

What might happend if the u-turn board would be available after the task, as usual - would T&L use it? That might be interesting...

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2016, 04:53:38 PM »
placed a U-Turn BEFORE detour? and it doesn't stop right there. Both detour sides has limited stations, so when Treasuri & Louisa done the Human Bull detour in FIRST place, they have to wait around 30 minutes doing NOTHING before doing the other side of detour.

What might happend if the u-turn board would be available after the task, as usual - would T&L use it? That might be interesting...

They would have DEFINITELY gotten revenge on Parul & Maggie.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2016, 08:00:17 PM »

They would have DEFINITELY gotten revenge on Parul & Maggie.

I want to see this BADLY  :grins:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2016, 08:04:23 PM »
Something I'm frustrated about this episode are bitter fans forgetting how amazing this cast is and instantly wishing ill towards Eric & Rona and Parul & Maggie despite the fact that this episode was nowhere near TAR24 levels of awful in terms of race powers like the "Accidental Alliance".

For the last time, that annoying placement of race powers were PRODUCTION'S FAULT, not the RACER'S. There is no doubt in my mind that Yvonne & Chloe would ALSO have used it as they were 2nd to last.

There really shouldn't have been a race power on the PENULTIMATE LEG  :groan:

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2016, 09:28:57 PM »
Let's just hope next season producer will not put yield or U-turn on the penultimate leg. Let the teams determine their own fate. Like Survivor, there is no hidden immunity idol in F4

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2016, 10:53:16 PM »
OMG.

You guys have said it all...But WTF??

For the first time ever, I am really questioning TAR Production on this. Were this leg's hateful twists really scheduled for this leg or were they thrown in because the previous ones were not used??

The leg tasks were phenomenal.

But PROBLEMS:

Penultimate leg...let the racers control their own fate.

A UTURN following a YIELD?? That is almost immediate death for the affected team. Should NEVER be allowed. Even the pea task does not make up for that.

And A UTURN before the Detour? Makes NO Sense.

Agree also that their should have been enough horses so they did not have to wait. This is the PENULTIMATE LEG...LET THE RACERS DETERMINE THEIR OWN FATE!!

I have no problem with Rona and Eric using the U-turn. But I DO have  a problem with it being on the penultimate leg and in the position it was.

Major love and kudos to Treasuri and Louisa. They NEVER gave up, fought to the bitter end. They are a lock for an ALLSTARS one day in my opinion. Frankly, they got screwed.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2016, 12:49:45 AM »
I guess the twists this leg would have been more fair if there was more than one team with a target. Trez & Lou just happened to be in a bad position like Tanner & Josh and Brodie & Kurt. At that point it was the most strategic decision to target them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2016, 02:16:47 AM »
People are going to hate me for saying this. But if you did not put yourself in the position to be U-TURN/Yield in the first place, it can't be used on you.

That being said..............................................................

POOR LEG DESIGN. U-TURN before the Detour is just stupid. And U-TURN + Yield is just like, hi, I just stabbed you, do you want me to shoot you too?

Production based drama... but the ones who suffered are the racers who love the race so much.