Author Topic: TARA 5 Ep 7 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 10513 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 7 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 07:54:45 AM »
Treasuri & Louisa arrive at the Esplanade Jetty and see the Pit Stop and check in as Team Number Three!

Parul & Maggie are checking their makeup to look good at the Pit Stop! :lol: <3

They arrive at the Esplanade Jetty and see the Pit Stop at the Merlion Jetty instead! They arrive and the Pit Stop is moving again! They have to go to the third Jetty at the Marina Bayfront South Jetty!

Parul & Maggie check in as Team Number Four! Parul & Maggie say that they're so happy to just be in Top 5 and it's already an achievement that no one can take away from them.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 07:56:33 AM »
Eric & Rona arrive at the Marina Bayfront Jetty and arrive last.

I'm sorry to tell you that you're the last team to arrive... BUT I AM PLEASED TO TELL YOU THAT THIS IS A NON-ELIMINATION LEG AND THAT YOU ARE STILL IN THE RACE!

Rona is crying and they're really happy that they can fight to stay in it. They'll have to complete a Speed Bump next week!

They're happy.

It ends!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 07:58:44 AM »
Next week on The Amazing Race!

Scene of teams arranging taxis for Jalampang. JK & Mike going off on Treasuri & Louisa.

Teams lose their footing (task involving one team member walking across a tightrope and Parul yells at Mike to keep his balance) while Chloe and Maggie lose their mind (archery task).
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 04:11:25 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »
JK & Mike were strategic with the moving pit stop, when I thought it was supposed to be luck-based. They are reminding me of Louie & Michael with their underdog jump. :hoot:

All these FF teams are strong.  :hoot:

Eric & Rona still have a chance! :hoot: I hate F4 NEL's and they make little to no sense, so it was expected this would be a NEL.

Preview: Are those haybales? ??? Seems out of place, so maybe my eyes are just playing tricks on me. Edit: Oh archery!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 08:03:49 AM by Platrium »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2016, 08:03:32 AM »
Surprisingly great leg, definitely nothing as good as the Thailand - Philippines stretch but still really solid.

Loved all the "Make your way to X to get your clue" Route Infos. Loved the moving Pit Stop. Loved the Roadblock.

A horrible Detour wasn't focused on as much.

What a season <3

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2016, 08:10:11 AM »
This leg was good. The roadblock was good enough, though it technically isn't a roadblock with both members participating. The binoculars route info was okay. It did put one team off. The detour was good and challenging enough, but the lack of audience setting made it a bit, just a little bit, meh. The moving pit stop was the best touch of the leg I think. It was fun watching teams chase the boat! :lol:

It may not be the best leg, but overall, it's a good leg. :tup:

Teams seem to be returning to Indonesia for the last 3 legs? I hope that budget-saving and Indonesian tourism sponsor factors don't make the last few legs dull.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2016, 01:26:18 AM »
AXNPH ‏@AXNPH  14h14 hours ago
It wasn't mentioned in the episode, but @ERUPTION23 and @rownita actually were the fastest to complete the Drone Hat challenge! #AXNTARA

Interesting.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2016, 01:29:01 AM »
AXNPH ‏@AXNPH  14h14 hours ago
It wasn't mentioned in the episode, but @ERUPTION23 and @rownita actually were the fastest to complete the Drone Hat challenge! #AXNTARA

Interesting.

…Indeed. Wow!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2016, 11:59:38 AM »
Surprisingly great leg,

Loved all the "Make your way to X to get your clue" Route Infos. Loved the moving Pit Stop. Loved the Roadblock.

I having been really enjoying this season as a whole. Good cast/interesting locations/ tricky little bits that make the racers think.

BUT for heavens sake!! All the Singapore places and you hide them in a PARKING DECK? Ahem, some of us like to actually get some SCENARY??  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2016, 11:19:46 PM »
Surprisingly great leg,

I having been really enjoying this season as a whole. Good cast/interesting locations/ tricky little bits that make the racers think.

BUT for heavens sake!! All the Singapore places and you hide them in a PARKING DECK? Ahem, some of us like to actually get some SCENARY??  :funny:

At least it's not in the same parking lot as the aquarium as discussed in spoilers  :funny:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2016, 04:25:37 AM »
Surprisingly great leg,

I agree that this has been a good season so far. I've just finished watching all the earlier TARA seasons and this is one of the better ones. I liked the moving pit stop. That was a twist I don't recall seeing before.

The parking deck was a very odd and not visually interesting choice. There must have been some plaza or park they could have done that in. The episode ended up being a good one, but it really didn't have much Singapore flavor to it. An aquarium and a parking structure are the main locations? They could have done that in other cities. I'm not sure what aquariums are present in other Asian cities, so maybe it's relatively unique.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2016, 08:19:39 PM »
Episode 8 Preview:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/09hMTZjyxeE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/09hMTZjyxeE</a>

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 7 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2016, 08:37:19 AM »
So it was a parking deck.  :funny: I agree with Peach. I'd love more scenery, and audience impact to watch the teams. I think there will be more pressure when there's an audience.