Author Topic: TARA 5 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*  (Read 14388 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2016, 08:57:29 AM »
Next week on The Amazing Race Asia!

Teams go on a joyride! Elephant task.

A fight causes Rach to break down while the other teams just can't calm their nerves (all the other all-female teams shown crying).

Offline nosyrabbit

• RFF Full Member
  • Talk too much.
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2016, 08:57:48 AM »
TREASURI & LOUISA TEAM NUMBER 1!  :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
Got along without you before I met you, Gonna get along without you now.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2016, 09:22:08 AM »
Great episode!

I kind of wish that they didn't do an HoO which negated the rappel Roadblock but the Detour and the stair-climbing Active Route Info was solid enough to make up for it.

Not as good as Bandung, but this season's really good so far <3

The constant placement shuffling every episode is also honestly amazing. I think this season has more placement shifts than TAR27 or 28 already! :lol: <3

Cast Rank! (Did I say how much I love this cast? I love this cast.)

Rach & Vicky were bonafide STARS this leg. Their random bickering over anything and everything and being as OTT as possible even towards the other teams absolutely won me over. NELed <3 This is basically the leg that ascends them as top tier favorites (recent examples include Logan & Chris in Africa 2, Shelley & Nici in Copenhagen, Sheri & Cole in China, Brendon & Rachel in Africa 2, and Kent & Vyxsin in Italy and THEN China!) and I really hope they survive the next leg.

Eric & Rona broke out too and were just generally fun and awesome. They truly just enjoy the journey and I don't think I need to write too much about them. They're just awesome.

Treasuri & Louisa are so strong and not even surprised they won the leg. Their manoeuvre at the train station was genius (even if they got HoOed)! They're also absolutely loving the journey and that is a killer combo to watch for. And considering the preview of them struggling they won't exactly dominate everything either <3

Tom & Anita began showing more shades of bickering and Tom being randomly jealous over another team's performance and then said team winning the leg two times in a row (Yvonne & Chloe and now Louisa & Treasuri) can be a funny running joke lol <3

Parul & Maggie were less visible this leg but then Maggie began yelling and turned into a spaztic mess at the footrace to the map and I was won over again <3 Bonus points to Maggie predicting a KOR as well and the leg being an NEL :lol: <33333

Will & Alex were also less visible but they continue their adventures in messing up tasks and then randomly finish in second despite messing up yet ANOTHER Detour <3 Their Pit Stop entrance should also be cringey but considering how much they are prone to mess-ups as a team I just find it absolutely hilarious :lol: <33333

Yvonne & Chloe were less visible but they continue to be lowkey fun and their random one-liners were fun this leg. Plus them randomly being last at the Roadblock and then leaving in 5th is nothing to scoff at.

JK & Mike was the same as last leg. JK is annoying but Mike is already over it lol <3 Still the weakest team left though ^_^

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2016, 10:18:05 AM »
Also how the hell did I miss that the Pit Stop greeters were Zabrina and Joe-Jer!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2016, 10:45:57 AM »
Thanks for updating gamer <3

One thing that surprises me is how there's always shuffling placement in TARA even though the tasks seem simple enough. One thing that never happens in US version these days.

Can't wait to watch Rachel and Vicky gracing my screen
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2016, 03:37:26 PM »
Very lucky there Rachel and Vicky.

Hang their girls   :<3

Can't wait to watch this ep!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2016, 05:09:40 PM »
Very lucky there Rachel and Vicky.

Hang their girls   :<3

Can't wait to watch this ep!

They're an M/F team unless you havent been watching at all...

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2016, 11:14:03 PM »
Well, gamer, I haven't been watching but Rachel's a girls name??

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2016, 12:13:06 AM »
I'll watch the encore since i missed it because of college assignment...

But it sounds great from the update...
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2016, 12:28:40 AM »

Rachel is the girl, Vicky is the guy.

And if so... then why have you been commenting for the past two episodes about how bad this season is when you haven't even been watching?

That leg was just SO short! I mean, really, two Route Infos, one Detour and one RoadBlock.

The task at the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah was interesting, but pretty easy. A 10 year-old could of done it!

Detour was ok. Basket Bikes was copied from TAR us and Bandung Biathlon was Probaly the best task of the season (2 eps in).

Don't get me started on the RoadBlock. Searching through tea leaves for a puppet? Seriously? Just like the first Route Info, but this time, a 5 year-old could of done it.

Please pick up for the next leg or I won't be watching it. Leg 3 should be great though! Looking forward to it!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2016, 01:07:07 AM »
Vicky that you mean of the racer's name Victor?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2016, 01:08:50 AM »
Vicky that you mean of the racer's name Victor?

Oh right! I wish they called him VICTOR!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2016, 01:09:27 AM »
Well gamer, I have watched many seasons of US TAR and AUS TAR, to know what a short leg is...

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2016, 02:25:30 AM »

And if so... then why have you been commenting for the past two episodes about how bad this season is when you haven't even been watching?

That leg was just SO short! I mean, really, two Route Infos, one Detour and one RoadBlock.

The task at the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah was interesting, but pretty easy. A 10 year-old could of done it!

Detour was ok. Basket Bikes was copied from TAR us and Bandung Biathlon was Probaly the best task of the season (2 eps in).

Don't get me started on the RoadBlock. Searching through tea leaves for a puppet? Seriously? Just like the first Route Info, but this time, a 5 year-old could of done it.

Please pick up for the next leg or I won't be watching it. Leg 3 should be great though! Looking forward to it!

First, I don't know whether I should post this on this thread or the 2nd leg's thread, but until you (BourkieBoy) see by yourself how big Taman Mini area is either by visiting it or look it on the map and then assuming that you're in racer's chair and literally don't have any idea what you're looking for, I don't see why you can say something like that. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2016, 02:30:00 AM »
But, Kamineko, finding letters by bicycle, can't be that hard can it?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2016, 02:55:15 AM »
Well gamer, I have watched many seasons of US TAR and AUS TAR, to know what a short leg is...

And I have watched all 28 TARUS seasons, 3 seasons of TAR Australia, 4 seasons of TAR Asia, 3 seasons of China Rush, 3 seasons of China proper, 2 seasons of TAR Philippines, and 4 seasons of TAR Canada. That's 47 seasons. What's your point?

The thing is, you directly said that the leg was "pick up for the next leg or you won't be watching". You continuously comment despite not seeing it. If you have so much time to post every day why not just watch the episodes? You have definitely made yourself an "established poster", you have access to the links.

And in regards to tasks, I'll bring up a real-world example. This year, I ran a 12-hour TAR leg in Chinatown from where I am.

A task that involved using a giant brush and just tracing over the lines that looked really easy took us 30 entire minutes. A Detour involving just taking a camera and running around a neighborhood took us one hour. A Roadblock where I had to make dumplings blindfolded took me 45 minutes but other teams only took 35. A shopping task took us 1-2 hours after we misread our clue. A Roadblock involving catching water took my teammates about one hour. And a dragon dance routine had all the teams catch up and we were out of there in second despite arriving in near last and after most teams were there for around 3 hours. And that's not including all the transportation and mistakes with our transport and random mistakes.

My point? I'm not here to argue, I'm just saying that tasks are 100% subjective and can be more or less as tricky or as difficult as what translates on screen. Judging your perception on Wikipedia and updates purely is not the way to go and commenting on something you haven't seen is like reading a book's summary and then attempting to write a report on it.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2016, 03:06:59 AM »
Episode Four Preview: (bc no thread yet)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QoQwUnles9w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QoQwUnles9w</a>

Looks like the coin task is an RB and we have a task involving fighting + elephants (Detour?).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:10:51 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2016, 03:22:13 AM »
Lol, boy, lol
what might have been

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2016, 03:30:41 AM »
What I wanted for my comment to be read as, is that I've watched many seasons of TAR, to know what a long leg is and what a short leg is.

I believe that Leg 2 was VERY short.

Does it really matter about how many seasons that we have watched?

I WILL watch the series at some point...

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2016, 08:44:20 AM »
Haven't watched yet but Louisa & Treasuri said there was no prize in leg 3 (pic from Treasuri's instagram). That means no prize in leg 2?

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2016, 08:48:09 PM »
What I wanted for my comment to be read as, is that I've watched many seasons of TAR, to know what a long leg is and what a short leg is.

I believe that Leg 2 was VERY short.

Does it really matter about how many seasons that we have watched?

I WILL watch the series at some point...

The tasks itself was relatively short i think, but the trip from Jakarta to Bandung takes about 4 hour by taxi. That's why they departed early in the morning so it wouldn't get too dark when they shoot at the tea plantation.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
Yeah, I meant the leg was short, NOT the travel time

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2016, 11:07:22 PM »

First, I don't know whether I should post this on this thread or the 2nd leg's thread, but until you (BourkieBoy) see by yourself how big Taman Mini area is either by visiting it or look it on the map and then assuming that you're in racer's chair and literally don't have any idea what you're looking for, I don't see why you can say something like that. :)

No wonder I've been wondering how one could say the task can be done by a 10-year-old. ??? It was a tricky task, if you see it.

I'll comment on the details of the episode later, but Episode 3 delivered! ;D It was definitely better than the 1st 2 episodes.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2016, 11:07:33 PM »
EVERYONE: This thread is for discussion of the SHOW, not each other. PLEASE remain on topic.

:tu
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2016, 12:06:04 AM »
As I said earlier, the episode delivered! :hearts: There were so many factors that made this the best TARA5 leg so far, of course.

No departure times, awww… :( Maybe the editors don't plan on putting any of that anymore throughout the show. (:;)

The roadblock was okay. I couldn't say it was bad for the fact that some teams messed up in such a simple task, but it wasn't a really good task too. It was okay at the very least.

Treasuri & Louisa were really smart with the ticket swap. Too bad for them there was a HoO. :lol: At least they still won the leg in the end. :hoot: Too bad there was no leg prize. :( At least they remained optimistic based on their tweets. :lol: Based on editing, it seems like Tom & Anita see these 2 as threats, so they can potentially be U-turned or Yielded later on. If I'm going to look at a wider angle, everybody might see these 2 as threats. Btw, the 7th to 1st jump at the detour clue and detour end was awesome for them! :o

There was exciting suspense with the trains after the roadblock, too bad the HoO ruined it. Still, the expected 1st and last teams after the trains were the same ones when it came to the pit stop.

The detour was great! I'm not sure how balanced it is, because there was fair placement shuffling (unlike most detours in TAR US recently). I like how both sides of detour are in the forms of art are in Malaysian culture some way or another.  :wohoo: There were entertaining scenes on both sides, such as Tom & Anita's bike having problems, JK & Mike struggling to communicate properly, Rach & Vicky trying to keep a positive vibe even when they know they are behind at the detour. Watching the detour was fun, and it definitely made up for the equalizing HoO in the middle of the leg. :hearts: Also, the street art detour looks fun, but it requires convincing strangers.

I was expecting Rach & Vicky to get a penalty for being at a different station, but I never knew what was exactly written on the clue, so I guess it was allowed. If it wasn't, then the editors probably just didn't air the penalty because they won't be showing departure times anyway. :groan: I started liking them from this episode, and Rach reminds me of an annoying person who's just too worried for a reason. :lol: The music gave away the possibility that this leg is a NEL. Compare the music used for Rach & Vicky's last-place arrival to the one Brandon & Alphaeus had last leg. It completely gave away the suspense in my opinion.

The leg was so good that I thought it'd be an EL, but I'm glad it's a NEL, because I'm craving for it too.

That's about it! I'm hoping for another great episode next week. :hoot: