Author Topic: TARA 5 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*  (Read 14463 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2016, 12:23:28 AM »
So, the TARA Facebook page does this crappy thing of posting the interviews with the eliminated teams way before I get to watch the episode, and they just posted an interview with Treasuri & Louisa and that freaked me out a bit, I thought they might have been eliminated like the geeks in the previous episode lol
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2016, 04:30:00 AM »
At the end of this leg…

1. Yvonne & Chloe's and Tom & Anita's pit stop placements have been next to each other. (9th, 8th; 1st, 2nd; 3rd, 4th)
2. Parul & Maggie are consistently stepping up their pit stop placements by 1 place.
3. Treasuri & Louisa never had a pit stop placement below the top 3, and they also have the highest average.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2016, 04:48:58 AM »
I forgot to mention that Allan never mentioned any penalty for Rach & Vicky for arriving last.
Was it just me? ???

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2016, 12:53:17 PM »
Just watched the encore :lol:

This leg was really good, the intense was there, the shift placements was there, and it was really fun leg...

The RB was actually pretty good, since it wasn't a linear task, there's an additional task that creating possibles of error from the rappelers, made the placement switches.... But, the CEO kinda little bit distracted me....

The star in this leg was the detour, that really clicked on with Penang, and creating some stuffs of drama, it was great...
And it definetly not a short leg where 3 (?) ARI appeared in this leg... So definetly a big improvement from last leg

And i love how Treasuri and Louisa raced witly, the ticket swap was great move and they think fast but smart... But i still wait for Rach and Vicky, Blair and Hailey of Asia :lol: to move far
what might have been

Offline mandk

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2016, 05:06:56 PM »
Yay for Zabrina and Joe Jer as leg 3 pit stop greeters   :trampb:

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2016, 02:24:13 AM »
After watching the episode, I wonder why Rachel & Vicky didn't change Detour after realizing that all slots are taken on the Chinese Opera Detour option and instead waiting for one team to finish. I think the end result may be different if they changed Detour.
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2016, 04:49:11 AM »
After watching the episode, I wonder why Rachel & Vicky didn't change Detour after realizing that all slots are taken on the Chinese Opera Detour option and instead waiting for one team to finish. I think the end result may be different if they changed Detour.

One recent example of this being a viable strategy was Scott/Blair in Georgia on 28, although they got eliminated after the RB, finished way ahead of other teams who switched instead of just waiting for the candy Detour.

I guess they thought it would be too far or didn't consider the other option at all. Another reason is maybe them just being 'done' with each other and the Race in general which I would like to believe was the reason :lol: <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2016, 02:35:08 PM »
Transportation and distances would be the most common reason for not switching, you can lose a lot of time doing that!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2016, 09:26:57 AM »

Another great leg for all those placement shifts, blame the equalizers, but with the exception of the Detour I don't think we had a single 100% linear task this leg <3

Offline tomyirawan

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »
I enjoy this leg more than the last 2, honestly. But I kinda dislike the HOO after they reached Penang. At least they should made it like "take a number" and released in different time in the morning. Just to make it fair so the Roadblock didn't look like a waste. :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2016, 05:31:19 AM »
A moment of appreciation for all-female teams again not sucking on the race, plus three different teams winning three different legs so far.