Author Topic: TARA 5 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!  (Read 12760 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2016, 10:49:33 PM »
After 2 episodes, this season is not clicking for me.
The roadblock killed the second leg and the teams are not popping for me.

My favorites are Maggie/Parul but not by much.
Rachel reminds me of an angry housewife who is stuck in an abusive relationship.

I don't like any of the MM teams left.

I thought Brandon/Alphaeus could have won.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Alphaeus

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Newbie
  • Alphaeus from TARA5
    • Alphaeus' Facebook Page
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2016, 11:05:14 PM »
From first to last place, with no other teams in sight over the hilly green fields of Bandung, Brandon shouted; "DON'T GIVE UP!". I panted; "NEVER, WE NEVER WILL!".

I am proud that Brandon and I never gave up at any point during the race and truly did our best till the very end. Sadly, it just wasn't our leg;

1. The time reset had wiped our first place lead
2. The added pressure of a team following us
3. The locals who gave us multiple wrong directions

The only real regret that I have is to our friends, families and fans. In everything that we did, we did it for them and we are truly sorry to have disappointed everyone.

To the Malaysian fans, I have high hopes for our teams. They represent the best qualities of any Malaysian and I hope you will get to see that in later episodes.

Brandon and I would have loved to carry further the message of "Youths Can Change The World", but that is not so important now.

Because, Chloé and Yvonne are carrying a more important message for all women. Tough and beautiful both inside and out, they are no typical beauty queens.

Sorry,
#TARABrandonAlph.

FB Live After Elimination: https://www.facebook.com/theamazingraceasia/videos/1139092996128029/?pnref=story
Alphaeus
🇲🇾  Malaysian Youth Activist
🌏  The Amazing Race Asia 5 Contestant
📧  alphaeustan@gmail.com
FB: www.facebook.com/Alphaeus.Tan

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2016, 11:07:58 PM »
From first to last place, with no other teams in sight over the hilly green fields of Bandung, Brandon shouted; "DON'T GIVE UP!". I panted; "NEVER, WE NEVER WILL!".

I am proud that Brandon and I never gave up at any point during the race and truly did our best till the very end. Sadly, it just wasn't our leg;

The only real regret that I have is to our friends, families and fans. In everything that we did, we did it for them and we are truly sorry to have disappointed everyone.

To the Malaysian fans, I have high hopes for our teams. They represent the best qualities of any Malaysian and I hope you will get to see that in later episodes.

Brandon and I would have loved to carry further the message of "Youths Can Change The World", but that is not so important now.

Because, Chloé and Yvonne are carrying a more important message for all women. Tough and beautiful both inside and out, they are no typical beauty queens.

Sorry,
#TARABrandonAlph.

FB Live After Elimination: https://www.facebook.com/theamazingraceasia/videos/1139092996128029/?pnref=story
Welcome to RFF :luvya: :conf: :cheer:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2016, 11:11:44 PM »
That leg was just SO short! I mean, really, two Route Infos, one Detour and one RoadBlock.

The task at the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah was interesting, but pretty easy. A 10 year-old could of done it!

Detour was ok. Basket Bikes was copied from TAR us and Bandung Biathlon was Probaly the best task of the season (2 eps in).

Don't get me started on the RoadBlock. Searching through tea leaves for a puppet? Seriously? Just like the first Route Info, but this time, a 5 year-old could of done it.

Please pick up for the next leg or I won't be watching it. Leg 3 should be great though! Looking forward to it!

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2016, 11:30:06 PM »
That leg was just SO short! I mean, really, two Route Infos, one Detour and one RoadBlock.

The task at the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah was interesting, but pretty easy. A 10 year-old could of done it!

Detour was ok. Basket Bikes was copied from TAR us and Bandung Biathlon was Probaly the best task of the season (2 eps in).

Don't get me started on the RoadBlock. Searching through tea leaves for a puppet? Seriously? Just like the first Route Info, but this time, a 5 year-old could of done it.

Please pick up for the next leg or I won't be watching it. Leg 3 should be great though! Looking forward to it!

um it's definitely longer than typical us leg where no active route marker
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Ep 2 LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary!
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2016, 02:58:07 AM »

2 RIs and then an RB and a Detour is not short oh my god that is longer than an average TARUS leg these days

And i would think that the product placement task was good because it tripped teams up unless you weren't paying attention to the episode.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2016, 10:18:36 AM »
I'm not exactly sure how they defined "search tea plantation for doll" as a Roadblock, but Maggie tweeted that it took her five minutes so maybe it was easier than the task made it look on TV?  :umn:

The RB being pretty easy would explain how the Roadblock arrival order basically remained the same after placements otherwise shifting all leg.

You know, how the doll has no relation to the tea plantation irks me? At least if the doll has like some name of the plantation they must have or what, then there's like a million dolls, or a strategy to search for a doll, then it makes sense.

This doll challenge just makes the first team to arrive there with all the dolls in tact and easier to find, and the last few teams needing more time to struggle to find whatever's left.

Whatever it is, thank god the teams delivered. :lala

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2016, 01:42:56 PM »

This doll challenge just makes the first team to arrive there with all the dolls in tact and easier to find, and the last few teams needing more time to struggle to find whatever's left.

Really good point. Would be interesting to know if there were 9 dolls placed...or 90!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
Weekly placement chart:

What an episode filled with competitiveness (only Anita & Tom stayed consistent after the Detour!)  :hearts:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2016, 09:55:34 PM »
You know what would have made the Roadblock much better? Haybales.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline mellodoo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2016, 03:47:06 AM »

Sorry,
#TARABrandonAlph.

Alphaeus! we recognized u while u were racing in Bandung! (your audition video is really memorable) really bummed that u arrived last at roadblock (although we pretty sure u were on the first tiers team arriving at the detour...) we thought u were switching detour, now that the episode aired we see  :(
U guys raced a great race!
Come to Bandung next time  :conf: (but in much less stress situation. he he) there are some great places here  :trampb:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2016, 09:19:37 AM »
Kinda losing interest with this season. Some of the tasks are subpar, pit stops are within the vicinity of the roadblock, bad editing. It's starting to feel like US's Season 27. Still bummed at the pathetic start line twist and elimination on the same leg (1st episode). Allan isn't really doing the "TAR hosting style" Phil or Jon is doing. However, props to the casting department for casting 3 strong All-Female Teams. I've always dreamed of something like that in the US Version. I will still continue watch it though, just once compared to the US/Canadian versions where I watch it twice or more.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 09:27:44 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2016, 09:30:04 AM »
Allan isn't really doing the "TAR hosting style" Phil or Jon is doing.

Allan Wu is in his own world, it's part of what makes him such a 50/50 TAR host lol.

One of my favorite Allanisms is him dragging out Pit Stop placements :lol: <3

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2016, 07:26:13 PM »
I'm enjoying TARA 5 so far, though I agree with some of the criticisms that have been expressed. I'll add that I miss the departure times at the beginning of the leg. They usually edit the episodes to make it look like it's a close race to the mat for 1st or last. It's interesting to see the times at the beginning of the next episode and see just how close it was.

Is it just me or did the rest of you question the usefulness of the Bang vans after about half the teams got lost at various points along the way? Or if it was the teams providing instructions to the driver using a travel app, then that didn't look very good.

Offline amazing1604

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2016, 08:54:35 PM »
You know what would have made the Roadblock much better? Haybales.

If only we have haybales-related culture here  :funny: :funny: :funny: