Author Topic: TARA 5 Premiere LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! Jakarta, Indonesia  (Read 77138 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARA 5 Premiere LIVE SHOW Updates & Commentary! *Starts 9 PM GMT+8!*
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2016, 08:51:23 AM »
Rei & Keiji just arrive at the ondel-ondel! They find the right one! They have the clue in last it might be a footrace! :o

Parul & Maggie are Team Number Seven!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2016, 08:52:18 AM »
Tom & Anita are there. Chloe & Yvonne are right behind them.

Both teams finish at the same time. Anita & Tom are Team Number Eight. Chloe & Yvonne are Team Number Nine.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2016, 08:53:09 AM »
Rei & Keiji arrive.

You are the last team to arrive and you have both been eliminated from the Race :(

Both of them are crying :(

The episode ends.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2016, 08:53:52 AM »
The worst double-elimination in TAR history. Words can't express how pissed off I am right now :res:

F*** this season.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2016, 08:55:48 AM »
Next Week on "Who Cares Anymore Asia":

Tom & Anita lost their clue somehow? Teams are shown arguing. They have a Roadblock involving searching through tea leaves? JK & Mike are fighting.

I wish I cared more about this but I don't. :)

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »
LOL Betawi (Jakarta) culture related task in Sundanese region (Bogor) ....

Although, it was fun leg
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:47 AM »
I'm sorry for bothering people with my negativity but that's what happens when two pre-show faves leave on Episode One  :groan:

Thanks for tuning in and see you next week!  :hearts:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2016, 09:01:02 AM »
Just watched, I laughed when Rachel and Vicky bickered and teams having funny interactions with ondel-ondel, one even fell!
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »

Weird premiere. Meh on the Detour but the Starting Line Task and the Ondel-Ondel Route Info were at least fun.

Eric & Rona - Rona is awesome and them finishing last then first then fourth was amazing to watch. They're generally really fun-loving people too and I am here for it.

Rei & Keiji are the most tragic first-leg boots in TARA history ever? Indonesian traffic screwing them over  :groan:

RIP Rei & Keiji :torche

Louisia & Treasuri are surprisingly strong. Did not expect that from them. They also seem really fun too? I have hopes.

Vicky & Rachel's bickering was hilarious and their confessional of them looking so angry at each other was great. Hope we see more.

Lisa & Nicole seemed nice and I'm super bummed that they got eliminated first by a twist that I loathe.

Tom & Anita seem fun? I laughed when Anita danced at the Detour and then Tom went LETS GET BACK TO WORK *rageface*.

Parul & Maggie seem fun too I guess. Bonus points to their mishaps through every single task but still surviving :lol:

Chloe & Yvonne were invisible but lol @ their intro being them playing in a pool.

Alex & Will are just there. Plus "Muscle Bros" being their official team name is EXTREMELY cringey.

Brandon & Alphaeus already have the potential to ruin this season by being very boring and doing tasks well + giving off a generally smug vibe. I hate them already.

JK & Mike aka LETS CAST A TEAM THAT OVERACTS TO BE FUNNY BUT IS ABSOLUTELY CRINGEY AND HORRIBLE IN THE WORST WAY IMAGINABLE is awful.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2016, 09:37:19 AM »
Additionally, here's a clue-by-clue leaderboard based of my memory of the Premiere! :)

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2016, 09:38:13 AM »
ep1 thoughts:

- wow i really didn't expect they actually went from Jakarta to Bogor. that's like over 60 km. overall, it was a horible leg design, i must say. the starting line elimination...ugh i always hate that idea :( i really wish the Pit Stop was somewhere in Bogor, but they choose to put it on the same location as ondel-ondel task :/ so it really came down to who survive jakarta-bogor traffic better.
- LOVE the intro!! so fresh and new!
- tasks were okay, i guess? "Fix" detour was more challenging than i expect. i'd rather choose "Freight" if i were a contestant lol and the Ondel-Ondel task was fun too.
- so far i don't hate any teams. some of them are making good impression and some of them were just...there. oh and i really hope to see more of Rei & Keiji :( the most undeserving first boot on TARA history :/ #RIPReiji

Additionally, here's a clue-by-clue leaderboard based of my memory of the Premiere! :)

really cool gamer <33333
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2016, 09:54:38 AM »
Well that explains why Lisa & Nicole were never seen racing.

I feel bad for them :( Starting Line eliminations are unfair

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2016, 10:01:44 AM »
this is the lamest leg i have ever seen. everything is so wrong - bad editing, lousy tasks, everything!! Allan"s weak hosting skills is not helping at all. having 2 hosts makes the show super boring. and that man with the 2 hosts thus making it 3 people as hosts at the pitstart is insane.

and i am not a fan of the idea of eliminating a team right after the first task. it i soooooooo cruel. so sorry for nicole and lisa!!!

i guess the show needs to get new production team with better ideas and get a new better host if there will ever be a season after this if they want this version of TAR to stay longer.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2016, 10:09:24 AM »
this is the lamest leg i have ever seen. everything is so wrong - bad editing, lousy tasks, everything!!

I would say the worst TARA leg is still Taiwan 1 on Season 3.

Searching through thousands of compasses + Fixing a Bike or Doing Work Detour + Finding Ondel-Ondels>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Searching through DVDs + Find a Souvenir RB + Claw Machine vs. Pick Up Water Detour.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2016, 01:30:24 PM »
When TAR Asia 5's intro is more legit than TARUS28

Altough it was fun leg, i think it's horrible in leg design. I'm ok wit STL elimination twist, but the heck with that rests... Like fixing bike in fatahillah square when we could have colonialism related task (because they were around old city Jakarta), or carried off sand in pinisi in Sunda Kelapa port ,when we could have got a task that related to its History?

And really, matching ondel-ondel in Bogor, when it could have supposed to be sundanese culture task, or Botanical related task???? It could have been better had it placed in STL task or something else somwhere in Jakarta.... But tho, i like the idea to have Jakarta and Bogor in one leg, could have been better if the pit stop anywhere not too close from the last task, preventing predictable result and lucky factor

And yeah, Rach and Vicky's bickering reminds me of Hailey and Blair :funny: , they are so funny instead of annoying when they were argued
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:41:48 PM by rafael02 »
what might have been

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2016, 02:58:25 PM »
Too bad they eliminated a second team and didn't have a NEL here.

Think about it, 10 legs, 11 teams = 1 NEL. Put it on the first leg, then the rest of the season is you're last, you're out.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 04:45:14 PM »
That is SO dog that they have a team eliminated, really even before the race has began! Just like TAR 15!

Go Team Travel Hosts!  :cheer: :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2016, 11:27:49 PM »
It seems like we had a potentially avoided penalty for Rei & Keiji which would explain why they were last :(

During the first challenge, when teams had to pick a cardboard compass with a specific reading out of hundreds, Keiji revealed that they “made a mistake where we didn’t read the clue properly”.

They picked out the correct compass on their second try, but after they had moved on to the next location “I realised I still had the wrong compass in my hand,” Keiji recounted.

“The clue said that you had to put it back before you took the next compass,” Rei explained. “We thought we had time to go back and return it (but) the traffic killed us.”

If they could have a do-over, she said, “we would still have made the same decision to put the compass back, because that was the right thing to do. But we would have read the clue”. “Before we joined the race, my sister and I decided that we were going to be honest and play the game fairly,” Keiji added.

Source: http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/television/team-singapore-kicks-amazing-race-asia-5-half-strength
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:31:14 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2016, 11:26:59 AM »
Booooo! for no EP and yes SLT elimination. (:;) Of all the things they have to get from TAR US, it has to be the worst and most unfair twist that ever existed. The team that got eliminated is unfortunately the one I was rooting for the most after all the team introductions. :(

The guy who had to tell the teams "Go!" :haha Awful.
Having a co-host for Allan is nice though.

I question TARA's budget, because are they seriously cutting that much teams this early!? ??? Also about the 2EL, another team I was rooting for had to go because of it. :groan: I was honestly expecting a NEL, so 2 good teams gone this early is such a disappointment. TARA5 should've just cast 10 teams, then have the SLT with a penalty; not 11 teams (especially if they are strict on budget) with the elimination SLT. :groan:

Detour was fine: The physically demanding task versus the task that requires detail. Not bad in my opinion, since it's just Leg 1.
The ondel-ondel was a decent task. Plus points when it cost Anita & Tom a drop from 2nd to 8th. :o

I think TARA could've done better than this, but I'm glad I got to watch TAR again! :yess:

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2016, 11:30:26 AM »

This summary is awesome! :nut: I noticed that the current placements have been missing from time to time, so I couldn't keep track of their placements half of the time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
The worst double-elimination in TAR history. Words can't express how pissed off I am right now :res:

F*** this season.

Right there with you.

When Eric and Lisa were eliminated in Season 15, it caused an enormous Fan backlash. People were horrified, not entertained. It was widely considered to be the WORST TAR decision ever, and IIRC even BVM or Phil admitted in a later interview that it was a mistake.

I can only think of the excitement of being chosen, and the enormous amount of anticipation and preparation each team does. Imagine training, shopping for your things, packing and repacking your backpack, organizing your life, your family, yur job to ne able to be gone for up to a month. Only to be eliminated at the start?

To me that is cruel and unusual and VERY bad for the show.

It is clear from what we have seen so far that this show is all about $$$$$$$$.  Not entertainment or good TV, certainly not making the race as good as it can be.

With all the Indonesian sponsors, this is supposed to be a tourist attraction. Fair enough. But having a stray politician do the GO? Puh-leez. I doubt production got a say in that, which happens when you sell out control to your sponsors.

Cutting their field of 11 teams down to 9 on Ep 1 is purely budget. Or they would have realized we WANT to get to know the teams, see them race, even if only for a full leg. In this series, keeping national pride going for more that an Ep is important to maintain viewership. If you lose half your viewers early on, what have you gained?

TARA early seasons was top notch. The racers here are engaging and interesting, the upcoming locations are pretty good, the Detour choice here was entertaining,but the cutting two teams so early has made this a failure at the start. They have a lot of ground to make up now.

I hope to never see another start line elimination in TAR as long as I live.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2016, 01:41:59 PM »
Thank you SO much gamer, the updates were awesome!!  :hearts:

Reminder everyone please...there is to be NO link discussion here. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2016, 01:58:17 PM »
It seems like we had a potentially avoided penalty for Rei & Keiji which would explain why they were last :(

During the first challenge, when teams had to pick a cardboard compass with a specific reading out of hundreds, Keiji revealed that they “made a mistake where we didn’t read the clue properly”.

They picked out the correct compass on their second try, but after they had moved on to the next location “I realised I still had the wrong compass in my hand,” Keiji recounted.

“The clue said that you had to put it back before you took the next compass,” Rei explained. “We thought we had time to go back and return it (but) the traffic killed us.”

If they could have a do-over, she said, “we would still have made the same decision to put the compass back, because that was the right thing to do. But we would have read the clue”. “Before we joined the race, my sister and I decided that we were going to be honest and play the game fairly,” Keiji added.

Source: http://www.todayonline.com/entertainment/television/team-singapore-kicks-amazing-race-asia-5-half-strength

OMG, they did not even show honestly how the second team was eliminated?

I am rarely critical of TAR... I usually love it all, but THIS editing and the START LINE ELim has made me VERY unhappy. After waiting so long, and having SUCH expectations!  :gaah:

What are the Asian Fans saying??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
WOW! I have to admit, being eliminated at the Starting Line would THE WORST POSSIBLITY EVER! I mean, if you were in that position, you would talk crap about the show and never watch TAR again.

Let's hope the season gets better from here on in...

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2016, 09:10:16 PM »
Actually, i'm ok with the SLT+elimination twist. Yes, it was very cruel. But i think it's good for tests how well team are prepared for this race like how team will react for anything suprising for them and respond it nicely. I mean, how come they will win if they even didn't prepare  well on early stage? That's my tought

What i hate is they have 2 elimination at very early leg .... I actuslly prefer straight double elimination right at pit stop eather than having 2 elimintaion in different places, in one leg.

Flashback to Season 15 in US franchise, the poker girls were saved by NEL instead of were eliminated in first leg after they had saw the yoga couple were eliminated early.... I mean it's vey unfair for Rey and Keiji if it's for budget only, that's sucks, they should be saved by NEL
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:14:42 AM by rafael02 »
what might have been