Author Topic: Surv33: Ep 3 10/5 "Your Job is Recon" (Show Discussion here)  (Read 8596 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I love Ken and atm see him as the most likely to win.
But also I think he will be the next Joe/Malcolm/Ozzy of the casuals after this season, and for the first time I'd get the hype. :lol:

Paul could have been a great character (well, he already was), but I'm glad for a shift in power and the prevailing of David/Ken/CeCe's alliance.
Overall, a good episode. There was no hectic strategy, but it was in no way too slow, and I'm enjoying this season a lot tbh. :P

Looking forward to next week, the preview gave me major Sugar in HvV flashbacks. :lol: <3

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
I agree with Leilani in that the move was good, but premature. There was no outstanding reason why Paul potentially leaving the girls for the guys (which, when I was watching, seemed like a slip of the tongue more than anything. Did anybody else feel that way? The context made me think he meant to say he'd stick with the women, but screwed it up accidentally) was a bigger problem than dividing the tribe. They already know that David, Ken, and CeCe know that they're on the bottom, because it's been stated outright several times. Even with Paul out of the way, there's still going to be that divide, and now you've got Bret and Chris feeling angry and ostracized. None of that bodes well for Gen X in general, especially if there's a tribe swap any time soon. Booting CeCe would've set them up to win more challenges, and to have a better tribe dynamic going into the rounds ahead. Based on underdog editing alone I feel like Ken and David are going to wind up going deep into the game, while the rest of Gen X falls by the wayside.

Meanwhile, the Millennials tribe continues to confound and annoy me. Hannah definitely proved that she was a proud graduate of the Max Dawson institute of social skills by insisting on talking to Zeke when he was patiently asking her to just leave him alone and let him cool off. Even with Adam there explaining that Hannah could shut up and have the conversation later, she still insisted on repeating herself like six times and refusing to take the hint. Then she follows that up with a confessional about how she'd still like to work with them. *facepalm*

The upshot to all of this is that Adam and Zeke are both fairly knowledgeable players, and they seem to have enough social grace that they might be able to actually pull something off. I find their underdog situation a lot more rootable than David's, so I hope they're able to pull through somehow.

The other annoying aspect of the episode was Michaela. For someone who sits around making bitchfaces at anybody who displays the slightest particle of stupidity, she's rapidly becoming one of the most infuriatingly thick players in the season. And that is saying something, because this season also contains Taylor "Chuckle Bro" Stocker. Michaela has openly complained about the power couple in the power alliance to their faces. Michaela openly called them out at tribal council. So when Adam clearly and concisely outlines the power alliance's dynamics, pointing out the obvious fact that Michaela is on the bottom of the alliance of people she's been verbally bitchslapping all season, what's her reaction? Well, she's smart enough to know that Adam is probably right, but she's going to deliberately do nothing, because thinking is hard and she figures that the tried and true strategy of sitting around will ultimately prevail.

Both the Paul boot and the Mari boot are symptomatic of a trend that I really don't enjoy in Survivor these days. Back in Cagayan, everybody publicly mocked David Samson for kneecapping Garrett right out of the gate, making a Day 39 play on Day 1. Nowadays, that sort of thing is taking place a lot more often, and I think it'll be bad for the series as a whole if it keeps happening.

Offline APABLD

• RFF Jr. Member
    • adouangchak YouTube
Right now I like Ken and David from Gen X, and Michelle and Zeke from the Millennials.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Hannah definitely proved that she was a proud graduate of the Max Dawson institute of social skills by insisting on talking to Zeke when he was patiently asking her to just leave him alone and let him cool off. Even with Adam there explaining that Hannah could shut up and have the conversation later, she still insisted on repeating herself like six times and refusing to take the hint. Then she follows that up with a confessional about how she'd still like to work with them. *facepalm*
:lol:

Paul was useless to the tribe, though, and the girls' numbers have improved quite a bit now, so I don't know why you're making such a big deal about it. It might not have been a great move, but it was a good move.

Offline Leilani

• RFF Full Member
Hannah definitely proved that she was a proud graduate of the Max Dawson institute of social skills by insisting on talking to Zeke when he was patiently asking her to just leave him alone and let him cool off. Even with Adam there explaining that Hannah could shut up and have the conversation later, she still insisted on repeating herself like six times and refusing to take the hint. Then she follows that up with a confessional about how she'd still like to work with them. *facepalm*
:lol:

Paul was useless to the tribe, though, and the girls' numbers have improved quite a bit now, so I don't know why you're making such a big deal about it. It might not have been a great move, but it was a good move.

It was a premature move.  He may not be the strongest player, but he was stronger than CeCe.  This early on they should be focussing on getting out the weakest players so that they don't go into a merge at numeric disadvantage.   

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member

Basically what Leilani said.

The girls' numbers might be slightly better, but Ken/David/CeCe are always going to be more loyal to each other than they'll ever be to the girls, and that puts the girls in a riskier position come the swap. It might be a good move in the short term but I think in the long run it's one that they'll probably regret.

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Surv33: Ep 3 10/5 "Your Job is Recon" (Show Discussion here)
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2016, 07:06:56 PM »
I'm only catching up but I think the girls made the right move at this stage. Even if they lost Chris(?) & Bret they gained a trust in David/Ken so I still think they'll be good (considering the two weaker ones would ally with them if the men wanted tribe strength or something).