Author Topic: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!  (Read 61856 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!
« Reply #200 on: November 29, 2016, 08:21:57 PM »
I also disagree that TAR couldn't have fit between Survivor seasons. They could easily double up episodes on a few nights if they were serious about it. CBS actually just did this recently when they were airing the final season of The Mentalist.

Double up = burnoff so it's not really a good thing either

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2016, 08:22:48 PM »

:( Nothing in this article about TAR, but it does shed some light about CBS's commitment to subscription streaming service.

It reports that the "new" Star Trek: Discovery series, coming next May, will go directly to subscription streaming.  While this does not take up a slot on the broadcast summer schedule, it may indicate where more programs may end up in the future.  Or worse still, they may be banished to the CW channel (like what happened to the Supergirl series).   :tantrum  :grins:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: November 29, 2016, 08:29:45 PM »

:( Nothing in this article about TAR, but it does shed some light about CBS's commitment to subscription streaming service.

It reports that the "new" Star Trek: Discovery series, coming next May, will go directly to subscription streaming.  While this does not take up a slot on the broadcast summer schedule, it may indicate where more programs may end up in the future.  Or worse still, they may be banished to the CW channel (like what happened to the Supergirl series).   :tantrum  :grins:

This has been news then along with the Good Wife spinoff.

All we can do is keep hope alive :lol:

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #203 on: November 29, 2016, 08:58:28 PM »
I hate MacGyver!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2016, 09:03:43 PM »
Why? WE NEVER EVER EVER WANT THAT TIME SLOT AGAIN!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »

I feel you people are too pessimistic.
TAR will be fine. The numerous international editions will keep it afloat.

Hopefully it premieres in March and wraps before summer.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2016, 01:00:02 AM »
Those international editions can still air even if TARUS goes away.

In a way, that kind of hurts TARUS. One of the pros that is always mentioned is that TAR (US) does well internationally, so it offsets any declines in the US.
But it won't be a loss for those international broadcasters if TARUS goes away since many have been able to produce their own TARs no problem.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2016, 01:46:10 AM »

It just won't be the same without TARUS though  :(

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2016, 06:06:16 AM »

Wait... Can't CBS do some sort of schedule tweaking to put TAR in a time zone people will actually watch? Thought this was already mentioned somewhere in this thread.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:47 AM »
Here's what I think.

I really do think it is the producer's fault on why they are driving the show into the sunset. They did the so-called schoolyard pick. Why on earth are they deviating from the regular format AGAIN? We've had too many twists already since S.24. I thought getting social media stars with really big fanbases was a good idea to save the show, but no! Viewership just went down. Other than that, the timeslot move of the recent seasons are putting the show on a terrible spot, seriously Friday nights at 8pm??? not to mention the geoblock on all videos. I'm just getting really impatient and fed up. I really do hope TAR does not end up like American Idol.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:11:37 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »
I agree.

It really was not a smart move to make 29 another gimmick season. As good as this season looks based on what I've seen (and I won't delve into specifics because duh, spoilers), it really shouldn't have been this way.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »
Best thing to do, film Season 30 first, then show it first rather than the recently completed Season 29. Get a better timeslot, something more prime time (obviously not on a Friday) or family-friendly like Sunday. Just look at the previous seasons and capitalize on that success. Back to back "twist" seasons are irking TAR purists like most of us. Instead of doing casting twists or themed seasons why not tweak the Race instead that will surprise us viewers. To the producers look at one thread we have created here titled, Where are we going, suggestions for the future. That thread has a bunch of great ideas from all the people here at RFF who want to make the show better.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 08:25:59 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2016, 11:50:04 AM »
Most of these gimmick twists are put on by CBS, not the producers. Phil and Bertram and Elise all prefer traditional seasons. But CBS said the show needed to evolve to survive (direct quote from an interview with Tassler, though I can't remember the news source). And now with Tassler gone, the new CBS chief of programming doesn't appear to care for the show. In his intro interview when asked about the networks reality shows, he only mentioned Survivor and BB.

So basically, CBS mandated changes due to the ratings which were lagging. And instead of adding new viewers with these 'great ideas', they are just alienating more and more of the core audience.

The show did ok for itself on Friday nights, though at this stage of the show's life, you can't fault CBS too much for pushing it to summer and trying something new like Hunted.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2016, 12:04:24 PM »
THE AMAZING RACE PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!
http://deadline.com/2016/11/cbs-midseason-schedule-ransom-saturday-training-day-doubt-premiere-dates-1201862064/

Looks like MacGyver will finish its run in April and TAR will just slip right back into its slot into the Summer.
It will be a 2-hour premiere on the 21st and settle into its regular 8pm timeslot the following week.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:17:57 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2016, 12:21:05 PM »
Probably not great news for its ratings prospects, since the last few episodes approaching the summer are always it's worst. Happy it will finally be back though!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:28:36 PM by TheRabbi »

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2016, 12:23:27 PM »
Same old slot
Ewww
At least it's not all access.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »
The USA Today article infers:
The Amazing Race is back for another (and possibly final) season on April 21 (8 ET/PT) that will extend into summer.

Just the writer's opinion, of course.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »
Friday :( :gaah:
I could see them filming 30 and make it the show's last now :groan: :groan:

At least its a 2 hour premiere :)
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2016, 01:37:34 PM »
Here's what I think.

I really do think it is the producer's fault on why they are driving the show into the sunset. They did the so-called schoolyard pick. Why on earth are they deviating from the regular format AGAIN? We've had too many twists already since S.24. I thought getting social media stars with really big fanbases was a good idea to save the show, but no! Viewership just went down. Other than that, the timeslot move of the recent seasons are putting the show on a terrible spot, seriously Friday nights at 8pm??? not to mention the geoblock on all videos. I'm just getting really impatient and fed up. I really do hope TAR does not end up like American Idol.

Exactly right. TAR has LOST viewers with far too many twists. Why can't be just have a plain season?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2016, 01:39:01 PM »
Best thing to do, film Season 30 first, then show it first rather than the recently completed Season 29. Get a better timeslot, something more prime time (obviously not on a Friday) or family-friendly like Sunday. Just look at the previous seasons and capitalize on that success. Back to back "twist" seasons are irking TAR purists like most of us. Instead of doing casting twists or themed seasons why not tweak the Race instead that will surprise us viewers. To the producers look at one thread we have created here titled, Where are we going, suggestions for the future. That thread has a bunch of great ideas from all the people here at RFF who want to make the show better.

But, I don't reckon it wold make sense. Would 30 be called The Amazing Race 29 and vice-versa?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2016, 01:40:38 PM »
THE AMAZING RACE PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!
http://deadline.com/2016/11/cbs-midseason-schedule-ransom-saturday-training-day-doubt-premiere-dates-1201862064/

Looks like MacGyver will finish its run in April and TAR will just slip right back into its slot into the Summer.
It will be a 2-hour premiere on the 21st and settle into its regular 8pm timeslot the following week.

A least we r getting a show! 8pm is better than 9 or 10pm....

TAR30 (I think), will be the end for us...

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »
April 21. I am serious that it will finally premiere after the Holy Week. I'll be 31 when episode 4 will air.

Offline Vitoko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • IQUIQUE - TAR23 LEG1
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2016, 05:48:10 PM »
I'm just glad it's back. We can worry about ratings and future seasons later but first it has to air.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2016, 07:25:26 PM »
Our biggest threat aka MasterChef Junior would have ended by April so it means we have a chance with weaker competition, just saying.

Pissed off it's still Friday, but better than nothing!

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2016, 08:22:22 PM »
Friday, April 21

8 p.m. “The Amazing Race” (two hours)

It's a 2-hour premiere!

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/cbs-winterspring-2017-schedule-doubt-training-day-and-amazing-race-find-homes/