Author Topic: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!  (Read 61576 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!
« Reply #125 on: October 25, 2016, 03:28:24 PM »
Lexie, it costs SO much to make one season of TAR

Do u think CBS would allow that money to go t waste?

It WILL air, but the question is WHEN

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2016, 07:42:02 AM »
It WILL air, but the question is WHEN

Nobody knows that it's definitely going to air. Let's be honest.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2016, 09:04:17 AM »
i miss the amazing race

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2016, 09:40:45 AM »
Man the lack of TAR on the airwaves is making some folks super paranoid. Calm down folks, another season has filmed, and WILL air. As one poster mentioned, it costs a LOT of money to film a season of the show. That investment would not be made if they didn't intend to air it.  Is there a chance that we won't see it until summer, if CBS decides there's no holes to fill in the winter? Yes. But summer is generally a rerun-ridden wasteland on CBS except for BB and maybe one original drama (Zoo). So there is a ton of airwave real estate in the summer. Worst case scenario that is when we see it.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2016, 10:42:21 AM »
Man the lack of TAR on the airwaves is making some folks super paranoid. Calm down folks, another season has filmed, and WILL air. As one poster mentioned, it costs a LOT of money to film a season of the show. That investment would not be made if they didn't intend to air it.  Is there a chance that we won't see it until summer, if CBS decides there's no holes to fill in the winter? Yes. But summer is generally a rerun-ridden wasteland on CBS except for BB and maybe one original drama (Zoo). So there is a ton of airwave real estate in the summer. Worst case scenario that is when we see it.

Apparently, CBS has not yet announce its mid-season (winter) schedule. It will wait the mid-season programming announcement by late-November or early-December.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 05:14:39 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2016, 04:06:23 PM »
i miss the amazing race

You're not the only on Zac...

WE ALL MISS TAR!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2016, 12:33:41 AM »
Sorry...not understanding the down 16+%? Macgyver is pulling in better #'s than we did in that slot last year, how can the numbers be down?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2016, 04:27:17 AM »
The percentages quoted are not based on total viewers, but the share of the 18-49 y/o demo. So McGyver might be getting more viewers but maybe not from the demographics TV stations want to target.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2016, 05:38:57 AM »
Comparing the numbers to TAR27's ratings on this same day last year, MacGyver is down 0.2 in the demo.
But at the same time, TAR27 wasn't up against the most watched World Series Game 3 in 12 years.

Offline Vodka.

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2016, 10:15:43 AM »
post removed for language
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 01:36:36 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: October 30, 2016, 10:38:29 AM »
I want Macgyver to do well. I don't want TAR back on Friday nights. Any other night of the week would be better.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #136 on: October 30, 2016, 01:37:26 PM »
I want Macgyver to do well. I don't want TAR back on Friday nights. Any other night of the week would be better.

AMEN!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #137 on: October 30, 2016, 05:02:09 PM »
It's not going to get a better timeslot than Friday's at this point in its history (unless it airs during the summer). It could be worse with a Saturday timeslot.

AMEN!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: October 30, 2016, 05:12:45 PM »
It's not going to get a better timeslot than Friday's at this point in its history (unless it airs during the summer). It could be worse with a Saturday timeslot.

Sat would be worse. But yes, there is always BETTER!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2016, 06:06:56 PM »
Aside from MacGyver, which is doing good in ratings. The other new show beside MacGyver is Pure Genius, the series premiere rating with a share of 1.0 and a viewership of 6.23 million. That latter show has going worst. Once Pure Genius gets cancelled as ratings continue going worse, The Amazing Race will get for the timeslot on three Thursdays in December, and the rest would be on the Friday schedule starting from January.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/thursday-final-ratings-oct-27-2016/
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:08:30 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2016, 08:19:26 PM »
Pure Genius has the 10PM time slot. I don't think they would put TAR on at 10 PM. It plays better earlier in the evening. However, Big Bang Theory is on at 8 PM and there is NO chance they would move it for TAR. I suppose they could put TAR on at 8:30 or 9 PM, but most likely they would want to have another comedy show (or 2 or 3) after Big Bang Theory.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2016, 04:23:00 AM »
Pure Genius has the 10PM time slot. I don't think they would put TAR on at 10 PM. It plays better earlier in the evening. However, Big Bang Theory is on at 8 PM and there is NO chance they would move it for TAR. I suppose they could put TAR on at 8:30 or 9 PM, but most likely they would want to have another comedy show (or 2 or 3) after Big Bang Theory.

You didn't mean the ratings, right? CBS Thursday comedies are doing well in ratings, especially The Big Bang Theory which is more and more ratings. I do think TAR would have the 10pm slot on a post-Thanksgiving schedule.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2016, 05:02:20 PM »
What I was trying to say (not too well) is that I don't think they would put TAR on at 10 PM. I can't think of any reality show they has run at that hour. Usually dramas are shown at that time, or maybe a news-like show like Dateline or 20/20. If they cancel Pure Genius and want to put TAR on, they would most likely shuffle a few shows to get TAR on earlier. You make a good point about the CBS Thursday night comedies. I doubt they would move those around and break up a successful block of programming. Most likely they would shift a show from elsewhere in the week to 10 PM Thursday and put TAR on early another night. I have no idea what the possibilities are. I haven't examined the ratings and these are just my thoughts off the top of my head.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2016, 08:52:23 PM »
LOL....Amazing Race itself has aired at 5 pm. All of S5 aired there and part of S9.

#KnowYourTARhistory #TheMoreYouKnow

What I was trying to say (not too well) is that I don't think they would put TAR on at 10 PM. I can't think of any reality show they has run at that hour. Usually dramas are shown at that time, or maybe a news-like show like Dateline or 20/20. If they cancel Pure Genius and want to put TAR on, they would most likely shuffle a few shows to get TAR on earlier. You make a good point about the CBS Thursday night comedies. I doubt they would move those around and break up a successful block of programming. Most likely they would shift a show from elsewhere in the week to 10 PM Thursday and put TAR on early another night. I have no idea what the possibilities are. I haven't examined the ratings and these are just my thoughts off the top of my head.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2016, 09:50:56 PM »
That's 5 PM West Coast lol, TAR5 in its entirety aired at 8 PM before Big Brother.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2016, 06:51:29 AM »
Yes, part of TAR9 aired at 10 pm. However, it was quickly yanked and thrown at 8 pm Wednesdays because the ratings at 10 pm were awful. That remains CBS's biggest misstep with the show. Season 8 was the family edition to encourage families and younger viewers to watch, and then season 9 goes to a non-family hour? Luckily CBS quickly learned.

10 pm will not be happening again, unless CBS has truly thrown in the towel on the show and is just burning off the remaining episodes/season with no intention to renew.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:27:06 PM by TexasLady »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
LOL....Amazing Race itself has aired at 5 pm. All of S5 aired there and part of S9.

#KnowYourTARhistory #TheMoreYouKnow

I was leaving time zone differences out of it. Yes, the east coast feed airs at 5 PM west coast time, but the west coast feed that most people watch on the west coast is at 8 PM. Generally west coast stations are running news or syndicated programs at 5 PM, at least on weekdays. By your reasoning, Hawaii has been airing TAR at 2 PM for a long time.

I was not aware that TAR was on for a time at 10 PM. I expect it was bad for ratings. If they do put TAR into a 10 PM time slot, like The Rabbi, I believe that would be the end for TAR.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2016, 04:15:56 PM »
10PM would just be horrible...

We know one thing if that happens...

NO MORE TAR!

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster