Author Topic: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!  (Read 61558 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2016, 08:54:54 PM »
Wait 2017 or have no more TAR forever :)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2016, 09:10:07 PM »

2017 will be good, stated on my post at the previous page, it will be first week of January. (e.g., January 5, 2017 will be Thursday).
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:14:42 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2016, 10:03:44 PM »

Is this like a question?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2016, 02:38:16 AM »
It's only week 2 of the season, but Bull and MacGyver both did well in the ratings despite horrible reviews for both.  Reviews definitely don't matter when it comes to ratings and viewership.
Right now, it doesn't appear either will be pulled before the end of the year.  Their ratings would have to absolutely collapse to sub-1.0 (unlikely at this point).  And even then, at the very least, they'll finish out their initial 13 episode orders. 

CBS isn't going to suddenly pull any returning series either.  The returning show most at risk is 2nd season Code Black on Wednesdays at 10pm.  We'll see how it does tonight.  But even then, it's unlikely to get pulled before December.

Most likely earliest scenario is the Wednesday 8pm slot between Survivor seasons.  And they could easily premiere it the week after Survivor ends, even if it'll be Christmas week, just to squeeze in the 12 episodes before a possible Wednesday, February 22, 2017 Survivor premiere.  If not, then a January premiere in some other slot.  But before end of 2016? Probably not.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2016, 05:38:49 AM »
I've read several discussions about the impact of DVR viewers on this board. Do you guys think same day viewers still matter that much? If we're comparing the ratings of overnight+DVR viewership in seasons 25-28 and regular overnight ratings prior to that, there's not that much of a difference. I'm still surprised TAR didn't get a regular slot in September to be honest.

And if people are speculating about the Survivor timeslot in January, is some show that previously aired there cancelled now? I haven't researched anything about the spring shows and what's new or cancelled, but how can we be sure CBS isn't going to fill the slots with other shows?

NO!
WE CANNOT HAVE IT AIR IN 2017! We can't wait that long...

I would rather a Fri or Sat night timeslot in 2016, rather than a 2017 slot. (However, I know I will get hate comments, because I know the ratings will be terrible)
Do you comprehend that every race fan here wants to see the show back on air as soon as possible, but we're looking at logical timeslots that actually make sense?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2016, 05:42:55 AM »

Think about the contestants who have to wait to get the US$1 million!

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2016, 06:20:03 AM »
Same day viewers still matter. Networks will tout DVR numbers because it paints their shows in the brightest light, but advertisers are paying for Live viewers.  TAR has never been a notable DVR performer, but it's unfair to compare Live +7 numbers from today with just the overnight ratings from Sundays, as DVRS still existed and had gains then as well. Bottom line is that the TAR ratings have decreased by a good amount, and not just due to Fridays.

And while it's true that TAR's replacements have garnered smaller ratings than TAR on Sundays, you have to keep in mind how the broadcast landscape has changed so drastically, even in just the last year or two, as more and more people migrate to streaming services, recorders, and thousands of cable channels.. A show getting a 2.0 now is a genuine hit, and TAR was often considered a bubble show with ratings better than that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 06:24:45 AM by TheRabbi »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2016, 08:51:04 AM »
... but it's unfair to compare Live +7 numbers from today with just the overnight ratings from Sundays, as DVRS still existed and had gains then as well.

Exactly. I think ratings folks count DVR for a day or two after the first airing of the show. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
Yeah this myth that Fridays destroyed the ratings is simply not true. It was already going down in ratings quickly in fake All-Stars (aka S24) and no episode reached a 2.0 rating in the key 18-49 demo.

Friday nights did not kill our ratings. It certainly didn't help, but 24 was a pretty terribly rated season, so the dip season 25 suffered really wasn't that much, factoring in Friday's lesser overall audience. With regular viewer erosion that had been happening for 5 straight seasons, we would have been down to the same levels by season 28 on Sunday.

None of CBS's new shows have stalled out of the gate yet, so we'll have to wait and see. Macguyver was sampled well, but got wretched reviews, so we'll see if the audience agrees with how bad it was and bails (knowing the filth that has survived on CBS for years, not holding my breath). The fact that it wasn't DOA probably means we won't get back in that slot anytime soon though. And contrary to an earlier post, I absolutely could have seen TAR going back there if Macguyver flopped, as it's the exact same scenario that happened with Viva Laughlin back some years ago (and correcting an earlier poster, that was season 12).

I personally think we'll get squeezed in Wednesdays at 8 between survivor seasons, possibly even 2 hours at a time since survivor is back by the end of February.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2016, 02:14:35 PM »
TAR was dumped on Friday because its ratings on Sunday were falling fast.  And that was alarming because despite the rest of broadcast primetime declining, TAR had been one of the most stable and consistent shows.

And CBS has failed to find a stable Friday 8pm show for years.  So TAR underperforming on Sundays and the need to fill Fridays at 8pm with a solid, established show are the main reasons.

Offline sharkshooter

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 02:38:42 PM »
... TAR has never been a notable DVR performer, ...
I guess I am the odd man out, then.  I never watch TAR (or any other non-sports show) live any more, partly due to my aversion to advertisements.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2016, 05:25:54 PM »
TAR of course got DVR viewers. But it was never one of the shows that would make huge gains.  It rarely broke into the top 20, which is usually all that they release. But looking at the numbers of the #20 ranked show and seeing how much (or how little) it gained, we can assume what kind of numbers TAR would get in DVR even if ranked #21.

So because of that, as an example, both Bull and MacGyver did well (and much better than TAR) in same-day ratings.

And the numbers are just in for L+3 ratings for Friday and MacGyver gained 0.8 in 18-49 to a 2.5 and added 2.9m viewers.  It was the #3 highest gainer on Thursday and Friday in additional DVR viewers. (via TVBythenumbers)

So that's where we are right now. Those numbers certainly don't open any doors for TAR, even if they fall in the coming weeks.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2016, 05:47:15 PM »

2017 will be good, stated on my post at the previous page, it will be first week of January. (e.g., January 5, 2017 will be Thursday).

I am sorry Claude. But PLEASE STOP POSTING MIS-INFORMATION. :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2016, 05:55:19 PM »
Yeah this myth that Fridays destroyed the ratings is simply not true. It was already going down in ratings quickly in fake All-Stars (aka S24) and no episode reached a 2.0 rating in the key 18-49 demo.

Sri Lanka 2 hit 2.0.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2016, 05:56:39 PM »

Sri Lanka 2 hit 2.0.

WTF is that?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2016, 06:05:00 PM »
I will be interested to see week 2 and 3 ratings for those shows. But not sure it matters for us.

TAR 29 will be aired. No doubts.

But I am doubting that we will see it before our usual "spring" dates. Or later.

And oh boy...I would so LOVE to be wrong on this one.

And to our TAR 29 Racers...we feel for you!! But hang in there, your day will come and we are going to have a BLAST!!  :conf:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 12:28:38 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2016, 06:31:14 PM »
"“Bull,” meanwhile, dipped three tenths of a point to a 1.9 on CBS."

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/09/28/tv-ratings-tuesday-sept-27-2016/

----

IMO TAR wll be shown in January/February (8-9 weeks, if you have a 2 hour premiere and finale, we are just missing 1-2 weeks of shows)

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2016, 08:58:39 AM »

Sri Lanka 2 hit 2.0.

WTF is that?

It's ratings. I don't want to derail this thread, but I think you should look at this for further clarification.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2016, 02:45:18 PM »
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/10/amazing-race-29-status-30-casting/
Don't know where to put this so I stuck it here.

Would they really film 2 seasons and shelf them? ???
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »
https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/10/amazing-race-29-status-30-casting/
Don't know where to put this so I stuck it here.

Would they really film 2 seasons and shelf them? ???

I believe Andy is mistaken about this-- in a few ways. :tup:

We WILL see TAR 29, the question is when.

I do not believe they are casting for 30 at this time.

I do believe we WILL get a 30, the question is when.

TAR may well go to a once a year show, but it is NOT cancelled so far.

As best I know...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: Amazing Race Applications! Ongoing apps...
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2016, 03:25:22 PM »
So basically this means:

The Amazing Race 29: 2017
The Amazing Race 30: 2018

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2016, 03:36:17 PM »
So basically this means:

NO bourkie. That Is NOT at all what it means, please be careful about posting mis-information. Thanks.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2016, 04:16:49 PM »
So basically this means:

Let's not jump to conclusions. Everything in this thread is speculation or personal opinion. There is no definite answer.

My best thought is to keep looking at the ratings for pretty much every CBS primetime show that's not 60 Minutes.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2016, 09:05:55 PM »

Was poking around the CBS web site, and found that The Amazing Race Returns for Season 29

Yay!  :conf:  huh?!?  what?!?  WHEN?!?  where?!?  ....you heard it here folks.  Mystery solved.  :groan:

.....or is it?!?    :funny:  :gaah:  :lala  (:;)  it's clear as mud!   :grins:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
As I have said multiple times.. there is NO DOUBT in my mind that we WILL see 29. The question is when.
RFF's Golden Rule: