Author Topic: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!  (Read 61551 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!
« on: September 21, 2016, 02:36:57 PM »
I am told 29 WILL air.

When.....well, that is the question.  :groan:

Could be late Fall if the stars align and a mid season slot opens up..

Could be end Jan/Feb like a normal spring season. Hopefully not later.

We just don't know.

I thought it would be worthwhile for us to watch the rest of the CBS shows and see how they are doing....so we can speculate on what slots MIGHT become available for us.

So you ratings guys help me out?   :didimiss:

« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 01:47:12 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 02:39:07 PM »
Here is some new Tuesday night ratings info: Good for CBS!! Not so good for us... :(

TIME PERIOD WINNING SERIES PREMIERE OF “BULL” OPENS WITH 15.5 MILLION VIEWERS, BUILDS ON ITS “NCIS” LEAD-IN AMONG A18-49 AND RETAINS ALL OF ITS LEAD-IN AUDIENCE

The Season Premiere of “NCIS” Is the Night’s Most Watched Program

“NCIS: New Orleans” Wins Its 10 PM Time Period in Viewers

CBS Wins Premiere Tuesday in Viewers, Sweeping Every Hour

CBS Up +4% in Viewers vs. Year Ago

CBS Late Night Delivers Strong Ratings

The series premiere of BULL won its time period with 15.5 million viewers while building on its lead-in among adults 18-49, leading CBS to a premiere Tuesday win, according to Nielsen preliminary live plus same day rating for Sept. 20.

At 8:00 PM, the season premiere of NCIS was first in viewers (15.63m), the night’s most-watched program, and it averaged 2.1 in adults 18-49 and 3.3 in adults 25-54.

At 9:00 PM, the series premiere of BULL was first in viewers (15.49m) and averaged 2.2 in adults and 3.4 in adults 25-54. BULL built on its adults 18-49 lead-in by +5%, in adults 25-54 by +3% and maintained virtually all of viewer lead-in. Compared to the time period last year, BULL was up +23% in viewers, +29% in adults 18-49 and +26% in adults 25-54.

At 10:00 PM, the season premiere of NCIS: NEW ORLEANS was first in viewers (11.17m) and averaged 1.4 in adults 18-49 and 2.2 in adults 25-54. NCIS: NEW ORLEANS was up +13% in viewers vs. the year ago time period.

For the night, CBS was first in viewers (14.10m, up +4% from premiere Tuesday last year) and averaged 1.9 in adults 18-49 and 3.0 in adults 25-54 (even).

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=46063

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 02:40:38 PM »

CBS ORDERS A BAKER’S DOZEN OF THE NEW COMEDY “SUPERIOR DONUTS” FOR BROADCAST DURING THE 2016-2017 SEASON

The CBS Television Network has given a series order to SUPERIOR DONUTS, a new half hour multi-camera comedy from CBS Television Studios. The Network has ordered 12 additional episodes plus the pilot episode for broadcast during the 2016/17 season.

Starring Judd Hirsch and Jermaine Fowler, SUPERIOR DONUTS follows the relationship between the gruff owner (Hirsch) of a small donut shop, his enterprising new young employee (Fowler) and their loyal patrons, in a quickly gentrifying Chicago neighborhood.  Based on the play by Tracy Letts, the comedy also stars David Koechner, Maz Jobrani, Anna Baryshnikov, Darien Sills-Evans, Rell Battle and Katey Sagal.

“This show has been very high on our radar since we first put it into development last winter,” said Glenn Geller, President, CBS Entertainment. “Jermaine Fowler is a rising young star, Judd Hirsch is a comedy legend and the entire cast is full of great comedic talent. We’re very excited to expand our comedy line-up with SUPERIOR DONUTS.”

SUPERIOR DONUTS is produced by CBS Television Studios. Bob Daily, Neil Goldman, Garrett Donovan, Mark Teitelbaum, John Montgomery, Michael Rotenberg, Josh Lieberman and Jermaine Fowler serve as executive producers.

https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=46066
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 02:48:27 PM »
A good hope may lie with MacGyver. Reboots of classic shows don't always get a warm reception, Ruchard Dean Anderson is what made the original.

If that gets axed quickly, TAR can slide into its slot.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:53:01 PM by Maanca »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
MacGyver is airing Friday nights at 8Pm.

There is NO WAY TAR will go into that slot again. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »
A good hope may lie with MacGyver. Reboots of classic shows don't always get a warm reception, Ruchard Dean Anderson is what made the original.

Hawaii Five-0's in its seventh season...
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 09:29:12 PM »
The official Thursday schedule will be aired on October 27 just after the NFL Thursday match.

Both Bull and MacGyver will be doing better in the first few episodes. The other new show Pure Genius will be aired after Life in Pieces at the 10 pm timeslot. Unlike those two newbies, Pure Genius will likely to be axed after the pilot or the second episode, that would cause cancellation and TAR will get this time slot if it would happen.

Source for the official show schedule
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 09:37:59 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 09:32:31 PM »
The official Thursday schedule will be aired on October 27 just after the NFL Thursday match.

Both Bull and MacGyver will be doing better in the first few episodes. The other new show Pure Genius will be aired after Life of Pieces at the 10 pm timeslot. Unlike those two newbies, Pure Genius will likely to be axed after the pilot or the second episode, that would cause cancellation and TAR will get this time slot if it would happen.

If I remember correctly, TAR did well on Thursday nights. We don't want it at 10pm though. It's far too late and I don't think many people would watch it. We need at 7:30 (but I know this won't happen  :( :tantrum :gaah:)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 09:40:49 PM »
As someone who loves analyzing TV ratings and complaining, I would say that we definitely need the CBS Friday shows to succeed.

We also need 8 or 9 PM. No way will we do well at later.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 10:50:41 PM »
Later Friday nights won't happen as long as Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods hold their audience.

Did read an online article about 5 new shows people shouldn't bother with. Four of them are new CBS shows And there does seem to be some clunkers this time around of the Viva Laughlin level Remember that one? It's rapid demise (second episode) led to season 6 being taken off the shelf pretty quickly.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 11:37:22 PM »

Both Bull and MacGyver will be doing better in the first few episodes. The other new show Pure Genius will be aired after Life in Pieces at the 10 pm timeslot. Unlike those two newbies, Pure Genius will likely to be axed after the pilot or the second episode, that would cause cancellation and TAR will get this time slot if it would happen.

Source for the official show schedule

Source please? I certainly have not heard that TAR is promised any time slot at this time so would love to read your source.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 12:19:18 AM »
Peach I think it's just due to press and analysts finding it unfavourable. That said, it's not really official considering two expected CBS "flops" (Bull and Kevin Can Wait) did pretty well on their premieres.

Fingers crossed we get a good slot.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 11:47:14 PM »
It might just air on Saturdays after the college football season is over.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 12:21:32 AM »

Saturday is only where cancelled shows get burned off. Not possible and Saturdays are dead zones.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 02:03:17 AM »

Saturday is only where cancelled shows get burned off. Not possible and Saturdays are dead zones.

I'm confused. I know we don't want TAR on Sat night, but is this because we wouldn't get ratings, or is because all of the cancelled show go  ???

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 02:22:10 AM »

I'm confused. I know we don't want TAR on Sat night, but is this because we wouldn't get ratings, or is because all of the cancelled show go  ???

Both.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 05:39:24 PM »
Peach I think it's just due to press and analysts finding it unfavourable. That said, it's not really official considering two expected CBS "flops" (Bull and Kevin Can Wait) did pretty well on their premieres.

Just because a show did great in its debut doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to continue to do well. Does anyone want ratings updates through the CBS shows?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 05:54:24 PM »

Just because a show did great in its debut doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to continue to do well. Does anyone want ratings updates through the CBS shows?

Debuts always do great, it's natural. People tune in, decide if they like it enough to continue watching

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2016, 06:02:15 PM »
Adweek: What's your most improved time slot this fall?
Glenn Geller, president, CBS Entertainment: We have a real opportunity this year to grow a number of time periods: Fridays at 8 [with MacGyver], Tuesdays at 9 and 10 [with Bull and the relocated NCIS: New Orleans] and Mondays at 8 [with Kevin Can Wait and Man With a Plan].

http://www.adweek.com/news/television/all-5-broadcast-network-presidents-share-their-fall-tv-playbooks-173475

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2016, 06:05:05 PM »

Yes please! Hopefully, then we can all see what doing good (where TAR won't air) and what shows are doing bad (where TAR might air)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2016, 06:05:41 PM »
It will be interesting to see ratings for the show at 8PM on Fridays.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2016, 07:59:17 PM »
Just suffered thru an hour of the new MacGyver...have a feeling that slot will be opening up PDQ.

:escape
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2016, 08:44:57 PM »
Just suffered thru an hour of the new MacGyver...have a feeling that slot will be opening up PDQ.

Actually, I checked it out, too. Totally not Patty & Selma's MacGyver  :funny: Lots of negativity on their Facebook Page
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 08:56:54 PM by Maanca »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2016, 11:36:21 AM »
I'm not sure how tv works so don't hurt me if this isn't possible.  :funny:

Couldn't Tar release like a preview, like they did Prior S27. This would just give fans a taste of it, to see the locations, I'd honestly love that.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »

Actually, I checked it out, too. Totally not Patty & Selma's MacGyver  :funny: Lots of negativity on their Facebook Page

Yes, it was really bad. It will probably be axed quite quickly.