Author Topic: WHEN will TAR 29 air? PREMIERES FRIDAY, APRIL 21!  (Read 62010 times)

Offline ChrisBOnTheWeb

• RFF Newbie
  • "Podcaster, Gamer and Blogger Since 2014"
    • Website
Predictions and thoughts on Season 29 of Amazing Race US
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
My thoughts on The Amazing Race is, that it will not go beyond 30 seasons, I think it will be done after 30 due to the poor amount of viewers in the most recent seasons. Yes I am getting eager for it to return but the question is when? Wish they would give us answers but I am guessing patience is a virtue! My one concern is and I will not link on here as I would get banned but I read this morning that the spot where TAR would be is taken by McGyver and is doing very well, so that leaves me with when would The Amazing Race be on if not a Friday spot, then has to be Sunday through Tuesday or a Thursday at sometime as Wednesday already has Survivor on that slot? Any thoughts?
Chris

Podcaster & Blogger on Chris B On The Web

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: WHEN will TAR 29 air? Speculation!
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2016, 11:18:09 AM »
:welcome: to RFF Chris, glad to have you!

I think we will hear something one way or another before long, the midseason info should be out fairly soon.

Friday night timeslot is what killed us ratings wise, we need a family friendly timeslot. I know TPTB do not want it back in that slot, so hopefully another weeknight or Sunday can be made to work.

We were approved before for a season 30. After that remains to be seen, We have been close to cancellation before, so hoping for another resurrection!

Thanks for coming to join in the discussion, we are all (IM)patiently waiting!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #177 on: November 28, 2016, 01:42:32 AM »
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #178 on: November 28, 2016, 02:06:44 AM »
Is that sure it will be in midseason 2017?

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2016, 03:08:39 AM »
Well, at least we r seeing TAR29.

It's a shame Phil didn't tell us WHEN though...

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2016, 03:28:05 AM »
Well, this doesn't really clarify anything. It was already obvious that it wasn't going to start this year and Peach + logic always suggested that the season WAS going to air. :)

It's a shame Phil didn't tell us WHEN though...
Because he doesn't know or is not allowed to tell. :groan: We can't expect him to say something so specific before an official announcement.

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2016, 05:54:21 AM »
Yay, we have some peace of news.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »
I doubt Phil knows much more than we do. We already knew it was airing in 2017. This still doesn't tell us if it's a midseason show or if it will be held for summer. Still waiting patiently for CBS to announce their midseason plans

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2016, 12:29:18 PM »
CBS has slotted new reality competition "Hunted" into Survivor's Wednesday 8pm slot during its winter break.  It also gets a big boost after the AFC Championship on Sunday, January 22 before moving to its regular Wednesday timeslot.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/cbs-gives-hunted-an-nfl-boost-and-survivors-wednesday-spot/

No news on TAR29 or full midseason plans, but it's also jockeying for a slot against other series which will likely get higher priority.
CBS has yet to announce a full schedule for winter and spring. It has new dramas “Training Day” and “Doubt” and comedy “Superior Donuts” on tap for later in the season, along with Season 2 of “Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders,” the 29th edition of “The Amazing Race” and a new season of “Undercover Boss.”

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2016, 01:40:30 PM »
Dang. I saw a quick 5 second teaser for this Hunted show during football yesterday, so I kind of figured that would be joining the schedule soon. Bummer it's getting Survivors slot. I'm guessing TAR gets held until summer at this rate

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #185 on: November 28, 2016, 02:14:54 PM »
This opens up more questions than answers for sure.

My guess is they are still determining when to air 29, if there were editing issues it may be better to wait till summer....and if that happens...can they get a 30 in the can fast enough to run this spring if they want to hold 29 back till summer??

We may not have enough answers to be on the Midseason list of shows.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #186 on: November 28, 2016, 02:16:12 PM »
Is that sure it will be in midseason 2017?

No Claude. There is NOTHING there that confirms midseason slot. 29 may well be a summer show for us, we just don't know.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: November 28, 2016, 02:28:03 PM »
This opens up more questions than answers for sure.

My guess is they are still determining when to air 29, if there were editing issues it may be better to wait till summer....and if that happens...can they get a 30 in the can fast enough to run this spring if they want to hold 29 back till summer??

We may not have enough answers to be on the Midseason list of shows.

Editing issues? It's been almost 6 months since they finished filming and probably a few more months before the show could air. That's much more editing time than they usually get. Is there some kind of problem with what was filmed?

Also, are you suggesting they might film and air TAR 30 before they air TAR 29? That would be very odd. Or are you just saying they could arrange to film TAR 30 this spring for airing at some later date, probably next fall or winter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #188 on: November 28, 2016, 02:38:54 PM »
I would not be surprised if we saw 30 before 29. Depends on how fast they could get it run/edited/in the can.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #189 on: November 28, 2016, 03:00:13 PM »
What? What's the logic behind this guess (airing S30 before S29)?

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: November 28, 2016, 03:15:32 PM »
What? What's the logic behind this guess (airing S30 before S29)?

Exactly. I weren't think it would make sense.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2016, 04:50:49 PM »
Editing issues? Is that a fact?

The only reason CBS isn't overly excited to find a slot for TAR29 is that TAR's ratings have been horrible. The only realistic mid-season slot was Wed 8pm and that's now gone.

There are scripted series also on the bench that could fill in the 10pm slots currently lagging. And it is more likely they'll slip in those 10pm-ready shows than to shuffle it's schedule just to accommodate TAR.

Best case scenario is Summer and I don't see CBS greenlighting TAR30 before TAR29 even airs. And unless TAR29 miraculously lights it up this summer, TAR30, at the earliest, would come in 2018.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
If TAR29 does not make midseason schedule, I could seeing them film 30 first and can the show. The question is when will these 2 air.

At this point, it seems like CBS is more invested in new shows like "Hunted" more than TAR29 or Amazing Race in general which is quite sad. :(

Also, if they move TAR to summer, the show may have to compete for Big Brother. :(
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: November 28, 2016, 10:15:51 PM »
Could they air TAR29, after Survivor finishes?

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #194 on: November 28, 2016, 10:22:26 PM »
Could they air TAR29, after Survivor finishes?

READ UP.

It just said that another RTV show is going in the Survivor slot.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »
TAR 29 needs a 12-13 episode slot. There is NO WAY it would ever have gone into the Survivor slot. When it finally airs, it will go into a scheduled timeframe. As best as I can recall the times we were midseason replacements, we still got a designated time slot and stayed there.

If Phil could not give us a date this week then seems unlikely to me that we will be on the midseason list. Looking more like summer to me.. but maybe CBS has something else in mind.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2016, 02:46:55 PM »
Just to clarify what I meant by editing. We all know here that 29 is a MAJOR departure from the normal TAR format. Given that TAR did not receive a place on the schedule, it stands to reason to assume that there were concerns about this format and how it would be received, probably both by CBS and sponsors. Given that, they would want this season edited in a way that would  present the best possible show. I have heard that was the case...

My thoughts were (based on a variety of sources)  that IF they have concerns about how 29 will be received, they may want to give us a NORMAL season first, instead of another season with yet another different cast composition. There have been a lot of rumors that TAR 30 could be filmed and aired before 29. Given Phil's announcement, that may not be happening...or the delay in scheduling 29 could be because this is still a possibility.

Here is what Andy thinks  I will say that his previous article and this one did and do not agree completely with what I hear. Interpretation is everything. So read and decide for yourselves, the fact is that without an official announcement we are all only speculating.

https://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2016/11/amazing-race-30-filming-dates/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2016, 03:16:51 PM »
That makes more sense. Though CBS did greenlight TAR29 with full knowledge of what the mess format would be.  So if they're all (CBS, Bertram and Co.) having doubts about TAR29, it's their own fault. Especially when they all knew TAR29 was not guaranteed a fall timeslot. 

Now they might be concerned a drastic format change after a long hiatus might hurt more than help? That's a whole other full Bitch and Moan thread I think.

About bridging Survivor seasons, there was a way for TAR to do that if airing TAR29 was high on CBS' to-do list.  "Hunted" starts on Jan 22 + 2 eps on Wednesday Jan 25. If the show was 8 eps, at the very least, it would fill the slot until March 1. 12 TAR29 eps could easily have been squeezed into the slot Jan 4-Mar 1 or 8 (with a finale airing after a Survivor premiere, for example).

But the harsh reality is TAR is not of high priority for CBS any longer.

(However, if there's a show for TAR fans to root against, it's not MacGuyver or another drama, it's for Hunted to tank and CBS to warm back up to TAR.)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2016, 05:56:02 PM »
Overhauled editing is actually good considering how editing has been since the 25 era (which has been generally WTF like no opening Phil narration in favor of oddly placed Pit Stop scenes with teams, some Pit Stop placements announced, not everyone shown getting clues, a huge lack of care in building suspense, and everyone not shown departing the Pit Start).

Hopefully they somehow make it work and give us echoes of the tight and amazing editing back then.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2016, 07:08:32 PM »
I agree that if Hunted succeeds, that could be another nail in TAR's coffin. The network has been trying to find another reality staple for years now and nothing sticks. They're giving this all the help it can get with a huge leadin.

I also disagree that TAR couldn't have fit between Survivor seasons. They could easily double up episodes on a few nights if they were serious about it. CBS actually just did this recently when they were airing the final season of The Mentalist.