Author Topic: S33: Ep 1 "May the Best Generation Win" PREMIERE Show Discussion HERE  (Read 5495 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
A WAR OF GENERATIONS BEGINS AS MILLENNIALS BATTLE GEN X, ON THE 90-MINUTE SEASON PREMIERE OF “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 21

“May the Best Generation Win” – A war of generations begins as Millennials battle Gen X on the 90-minute season premiere of SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Sept. 21 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. A massive storm leads to a first in SURVIVOR history, and one castaway snatches a powerful advantage in the game. 

MILLENNIALS “Vanua” Tribe                                                    GEN X “Takali” Tribe

Michaela Bradshaw                                                                     Rachel Ako

Jessica “Figgy” Figueroa                                                             Sunday Burquest

Adam Klein                                                                                Chris Hammons

Michelle Schubert                                                                       Lucy Huang

Hannah Shapiro                                                                          Bret LaBelle

Zeke Smith                                                                                Jessica Lewis

Justin “Jay” Starrett                                                                    Ken McNickle

Taylor Stocker                                                                           Ciandre “CeCe” Taylor

Mari Takahashi                                                                           Paul Wachter

Will Wahl                                                                                   David Wright

SURVIVOR is hosted by Emmy Award-winning host Jeff Probst and produced by SEG, Holdco, LLC. Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst are executive producers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 04:32:05 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Survivor33: Ep 1 "May the Best Generation Win"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 11:07:37 AM »
Title find thanks to gamer!

Videos thanks to Will!

Survivor returns with Millennials Vs. Gen X. Your world is about to be rocked! Survivor premieres Wednesday, September 21st at 8/7c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Mm62CNwgCPo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Mm62CNwgCPo</a>

Survivor premieres with a culture war, Millennials Vs. Gen X. But, when Mother Nature strikes, she never loses. Watch the Survivor premiere Wednesday, September 21st at 8/7c

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oBAtVQJDm8c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oBAtVQJDm8c</a>

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:13:58 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 12:29:00 AM »
Survivor - May the Best Generation Win (Preview)

A war of generations begins as Millennials battle Gen X on the 90-minute season premiere of Survivor, Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6lLaPY7eSqQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6lLaPY7eSqQ</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 09:45:13 AM »
Survivor - Millennials Battle Gen X In The Season 33 Premiere Of Survivor

What happens when two generations clash on the shores of Fiji? Find out when the 90 minute premiere of Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X airs Wednesday Sept 21 at 8/7c.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G_EaU2ez8vs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G_EaU2ez8vs</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 11:52:08 PM »
Survivor - May the Best Generation Win (Sneak Peek)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tdQ14IMzA6c" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tdQ14IMzA6c</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 12:08:28 AM »
Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X Behind-the-Scenes Challenge Preview for "Got to Choose"

Challenge Producer John Kirhoffer takes viewers behind-the-scenes for a preview of the first challenge "Got to Choose," featured on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X, premiering this Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8PM ET on CBS.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/R12JmegYr-U" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/R12JmegYr-U</a>

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 01:55:52 PM »
Survivor - May the Best Generation Win (Sneak Peek 2)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eJPrtv6gGxo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eJPrtv6gGxo</a>

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's your recap: (Sorry if its bad)
Millennials (M) vs Gen X (G)

First challenge: run through the woods to collect items. Each tribe must make a decision on fishing gear or chickens.
M takes the chickens and G takes the fishing gear
Both tribes build shelter
Jay/Michelle/Taylor/Figgy alliance
Jessica L gets the Legacy Advantage. If she lasts till day 36, she gets an advantage. If she is voted out, she has to pass it on.
M decides to take a break after starting the shelter
G works hard but Rachel is loud; David feels out of his element and gets a little paranoid

Storm comes in on night of Day 1
M does not have shelter done and are in the rain

Day 2 morning- both tribes are given a tarp but have to return it later
Both tribes are evacuated

Day 3 morning- tribes return
M work on shelter. Zeke takes leadership and uses his untapped potential to make fire. Hannah feels she is on the outs. She tells Mari about the 4 some and Mari plants seeds in the other Millennials minus the 4 some.
G work on shelter also. David gets paranoid and starts looking for the idol. He does not find it.

Immunity Challenge- Day 4
Run through something to collect clubs. Next part is a tunnel which you can leave as is or make it easier by using a shortcut. Next is a balance beam. You can leave as is or make it easier by using a shortcut. The number of shortcuts determines the number of puzzle pieces you get for the puzzle
0 - 50 pieces 1-60 pieces 2-70 pieces

M uses 1 shortcut and G uses 2 shortcut.
M wins.

At G, Rachel is on the block for messing up at the puzzle. David is on the outs. Bret suspects he has an idol. David's only paranoid.

Tribal
David is out of his element. He is tapping into his untapped potential to survive.
Jessica L has a bacterial infection.

Rachel is vote out 5-3-1-1. Cece had 3. Sunday/David has 1.
Rachel and David votes are justifiable but the other 2 were not explained by the edit.

Next week:
Taylor/Figgy romance.
Jay is catching onto Figgy.
Someone on G has a heart attack.
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:tu !!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
May i ask what the Legacy Advantage is?

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
May i ask what the Legacy Advantage is?

If they are still in the game on Day 36, they will receive an advantage. If they get eliminated before then, they have to pass it on to somebody else.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
Re: S33: Ep 1 "May the Best Generation Win" PREMIERE Show Discussion HERE
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 04:42:59 AM »
That was a great premiere. I loved the game starting with such bad weather - it was so intense and so different.

Mari is love <3

Millennials as a whole <3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »
So how would the day structure play out if someone was vote  day 4

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »
I liked this a lot, I'd been missing Probst :hearts:
Tbh I wanted the Millenials to lose, because I dislike Jay/Taylor and I don't want them to form a "cool kids" clique, ousting goddesses like Mari and Michaela + possibly Zeke. Taylor is such a Fabio, only he is annoying and not funny in his stupid remarks. And I kinda liked him pre-game. :res: Jay is totally not going the Ozzy/Malcolm-type direction, which was thrown around pre-game and the whole situation just gave me major Caramoan vibes. I hope the outcome is the same and Mari manages to form a strong group.

Anyway, Rachel was a very surprising first boot considering her pre-game stuff. And I just found out that she had leaked info about her being pre-merge. :lol:

So how would the day structure play out if someone was vote  day 4
They'll probably shorten a period of 3 days to 2 days somewhere down the line. Or maybe the 2nd person will be voted out on day 6 as usual and all will be sorted.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2016, 07:04:36 PM »

Awful premiere. I thought it was personally trying to copy the Australian Survivor premiere by focusing on survival but it failed in almost all respects. I was legitimately BORED by the time the Immunity Challenge hit and by then it was only 20 minutes left.

Rachel :torche Too good for that awful tribe.

Jessica & David are the STARS of Gen X. David is hilariously crazy and Jessica's social game is on point so far. Jessica having the Legacy Advantage <3 Also loved how we were shown her trying to do HII shielding from David because that conversation was so awkward lol <3 Hopefully her eyes aren't too bad with the infection :(

Mari/Hannah/Michaela are all great. I love Figgy/Michelle too but they need to GTFO from the Legend of Zelda ripoff alliance.

Zeke is alright. Lucy is HILARIOUSLY invisible.

Sunday/Cece are meh. Paul/Adam are just ok.

Bret/Ken/Chris are all so BORING.
Will is CREEPY. He sounds like puberty in motion. God.
Taylor/Justin... just no.

Overall I already had ZERO expectations and this season still failed :lol: Let's see how it goes.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2016, 01:40:49 AM »
Why would you even put Rachel as your favourite person in the episode :lol:

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2016, 06:24:03 AM »
Yeah, David's "fear of everything" is kinda fun, but I don't like him, that paranoia is so annoying. I wanted him to leave, but then no one voted for him... I hope CeCe is not next because of her relationship with Rachel. </3
I don't like any man from the Gen X. Maybe Ken because he's not that tight with the rest of the men. About the girls, I like all of them.

I'm scared about the possible evacuation of someone that early. It seems it's going to be a man from the Gen X...

From the Millennials, I was disappointed with Taylor, I'm not liking him. Justin seems better if you saw the preview of next week, he's not that blind.
I like all the others from the tribe, but I of course prefer the outsiders. <3
Will's voice... OMG xD

Oh, and one last thing. Am I the only one who hates that they have removed the posing photos of the press/wikia and they put those awkward pics? Ugh
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 06:27:07 AM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2016, 06:30:46 AM »
Why would you even put Rachel as your favourite person in the episode :lol:

Because I loved her and found her amazing everytime she was on screen?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 05:34:29 AM »
Oh, and one last thing. Am I the only one who hates that they have removed the posing photos of the press/wikia and they put those awkward pics? Ugh
I AM WITH YOU  !!!!!!!

Offline SarcasmMode

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 03:26:31 AM »
Mari and Hannah forming the Freaks and Geeks alliance. Mari was my preseason favorite, so I'm really thrilled that she's working to undermine the Triforce right out of the gate. Hannah seems like a pretty sharp player, gives me definitive Aubry or Sophie vibes, but without the traits I disliked in both of them. I hope she'll wind up making a big impact on the game.

Michelle seems like a pretty competent player, and she seems to know how to work her faith and trustworthiness into a decent position. My hope is that she doesn't get dragged down by the Triforce if the F&G alliance wind up turning the tables on them. I could see her definitely getting together with Sunday (and potentially CeCe, who's also a pretty religious person) if they wind up on a tribe together.

Paul seems like a pretty cool old guy. The previews for next week make me worried that he might not be long for the game, but he got a pretty decent amount of airtime so I hope that he'll stick around for a while because he seems really interesting.

Adam seems pretty level-headed in comparison to the rest of his tribe, and he's a fanboy. I really hope he doesn't suffer from a lot of the typical fanboy mistakes, and actually gives us a good version of the archetype.

My pre-season read on Zeke turned out to be way off. He didn't come across as nearly as arrogant or jaded as his pre-show interview made him seem to me, and even though he accomplished some pretty amazing stuff he didn't get full of himself or start patting himself on the back. I really hope that he maintains that attitude, because he was by far one of the best parts of the episode. 

The facial expressions from Bret, Lucy, and Michaela in the background of a lot of scenes really made the show for me. Bret initially seemed pretty generic to me, but I find him really entertaining and I hope he can provide some good entertainment. Lucy constantly looks like she is completely sick of putting up with everyone's BS, and I love it. I hope that we get some snarky confessionals out of her soon. Michaela seems like a largely untapped source of potential, so I'd love to see more of her in the days to come.

Dislikes:

Rachel just seemed kind of weird, and not nearly as savvy as she seemed like she might be in the pre-game. I think she could have been really entertaining, on par with Alecia, if she'd been given more time, and it's unfortunate that we lost her this early.

Taylor creeps me the hell out. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he's married? If so, his obsession with Figgy is pretty disturbing and uncomfortable to watch. Even if that turns out not to be correct, he's still obnoxious and I don't enjoy him at all.

Jay also seems like kind of a meathead, albeit slightly smarter than Taylor. I hope that he'll distance himself from the Triforce and bring something interesting to the table, but if he flames out early I won't be too upset about it.

David was one of my pre-show favorites, and I really wanted to see how a guy with that little muscle mass could do out there. His ineptitude at the survival aspects of the game is interesting, and I think he's got potential for a great underdog arc if he can pull himself together, but it's almost cringeworthy to watch him fall apart over and over.

And an obligatory dislike for the lack of proper cast photos. C'mon, CBS.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2016, 05:42:58 AM »
OMG! I had forgotten about Taylor's marriage!
That's what InsideSurvivor described in his bio: http://s31.postimg.org/kiqphnjvv/2016_06_16_20_06_16_Survivor_Millennials_vs_Gen.png

It really is creepy then :escape

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2016, 05:24:14 PM »
http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-alternative-reality-episode-1-21746

Who wants to read this amazing team's point of view and tell me if it's vile? :))))

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »
http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-alternative-reality-episode-1-21746

Who wants to read this amazing team's point of view and tell me if it's vile? :))))

I think this article is REALLY BORING! I mean, they do talk about this season of Survivor, but they mostly talk about marriage, TAR and previous seasons of Survivor. It's a yawn for me.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Re: S33: Ep 1 "May the Best Generation Win" PREMIERE Show Discussion HERE
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2016, 07:49:06 PM »

Marionete that article popping out on my Twitter triggered me so much  :funny: :funny: :funny:

That article only did nothing but confirm my theory that he is nothing but a lying FAKE. He legitimately seemed like he was talking out of his ass the WHOLE time.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2016, 08:40:40 PM »
Back on topic please, this is about Survivor not TAR cast members.
RFF's Golden Rule: