Author Topic: TARC 4 AFTER SHOW FINALE DISCUSSION  (Read 9109 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TARC 4 AFTER SHOW FINALE DISCUSSION
« on: September 13, 2016, 12:52:36 PM »
Have fun!

Lets just hope there are NO fireworks!!   :hides
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 4 AFTER SHOW FINALE DISCUSSION
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »
Montages of Jillian's "Emmett!" and Jillian's screams :lol:

No, Jemmett is NOT dating!

Lowell pun montage. "Couples that pun together stay together"

Ashley vs Frankie & Amy exchange of words. Still some bitterness here

Commercial

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 08:32:14 PM »
No, Jemmett is NOT dating!

Emmett interviewed that they had different goals at this point in their relationship so they split up.  Translation :  Jillian wanted to get married and start a family, Emmett did not.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:35:06 PM »
Kate is absent. Kelly looks different with changed hair colour.

Commercial

(Only mentioning the most notable parts :) )

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:46:57 PM »
Asking teams how the dish in Vietnam tasted. Anne "like nothing I'd ever tasted in my life"

Talking about Tanya's dehydration and Steph's injury. It's healed but her fingertip still has no feeling.

Stephane was intentionally helping other teams with the ducks.

Anthony & Brandon haven't gotten to say a word yet :(

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 08:50:07 PM »
Stephane was intentionally helping other teams with the ducks.

And apparently Jillian was intentionally helping other teams with the bagels  ...

#zing

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 08:52:07 PM »

Why did CTV think it would be a good idea to have FOUR hosts for #AfterTheRace  ?

:gaah:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 08:57:12 PM »
Anthony & Brandon finally :P

They weren't on speaking terms for the first couple weeks after getting back.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 09:02:38 PM »
Steph & Kristen appear to have chosen the Silverado

No renewal announcement at the end this year :(

And that's it for tonight!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 06:59:50 AM »
So, were Frankie & Amy as bad as Rex & Bob (and Cormac & Nicole) in the salty, bitter, poor sports department?  Though I don't think anyone could be as bad as Rex & Bob were on BOTH the mid-Race and finale reunions.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »
So, were Frankie & Amy as bad as Rex & Bob (and Cormac & Nicole) in the salty, bitter, poor sports department?  Though I don't think anyone could be as bad as Rex & Bob were on BOTH the mid-Race and finale reunions.

I was switching back & forth between After the Race and The Bachelorette Canada, but I watched the main segment where they discussed the "incident." Amy said basically the same things as her tweets and played the friend card again. Frankie added in some eye rolls when Ashley explained why she did what she did. Ashley also said there was no reason for Amy to call her names (referring to the deleted tweet). But no, it didn't get as bad as Rex swearing. (unless I missed anything they got into later)

Offline zuzuspetals

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 10:36:54 AM »
I still think a lot of the bitterness was F/A seeing Ash repetitively smirking to the camera as they struggled in the comp.  It seemed to me that Ash was playing to the camera A LOT this season.  #mactresswannabe

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 01:22:43 PM »
I am still flabbergasted that Ashley could not come up with some sort of apology. She didn't have to apologize for what she clearly perceives as game play, but a simple "I am so sorry you were hurt" would have gone a long way towards making HER look a LOT better and mending fences.

She is used to being in the public eye as a Mrs Universe, speaks out eloquently for her "people"...just seems like she could have reached out and found some sort of healing words.

I found that quite disappointing.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »

I thought they handled it quite well actually. I heard a sorrow for a lost friendship rather than bitterness.....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2016, 08:45:22 PM »

Mike Bickerton just tweeted "Stay tuned... #AmazingRace Canada"
Maybe this is the answer we seek?

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 09:12:36 PM »

Mike Bickerton just tweeted "Stay tuned... #AmazingRace Canada"
Maybe this is the answer we seek?

Nope. He deleted it, then retweeted w/o the hashtag. Damn.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 11:50:31 PM »
I am still flabbergasted that Ashley could not come up with some sort of apology. She didn't have to apologize for what she clearly perceives as game play, but a simple "I am so sorry you were hurt" would have gone a long way towards making HER look a LOT better and mending fences.
She did say "I'm sorry it hurt your feelings."
Frankie & Amy totally could have expressed their disappointment in a lost friendship without calling Ashley a bitch, I guess.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 08:39:08 AM »
Frankie & Amy totally could have expressed their disappointment in a lost friendship without calling Ashley a bitch, I guess.
A couple of thoughts. Frankie and Amy were definitely more upset that Ashley made those faces. I thought Frankie's bit about Ashley trying to help them by getting out Jemmett was an afterthought. They were also upset that Ashley didn't apologize sometime between episode filming and airing. Are they even allowed to contact each other before cast announcement? I don't know, but if Ashley had apologized and explained her actions to Frankie and Amy even just before the episode aired, it may have avoided the Twitter exchange. I agree that for someone with Ashley's media experience, she should have seen that one coming. For me, and a lot of people, I think I was more disappointed with Amy's behaviour on Twitter.
Last thought: For Frankie & Amy's segment, After the Race showed Frankie and Amy's intro bio from the premiere episode. They say they will do anything to win. Amy says, "Anything legal", Frankie says "maybe illegal" - or something to that effect. I guess they were trying to make a point.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »
Of course, it could be a sign of an All-Star season, too. Canada's had such great casting I wouldn't mind that to end it off.

There's enough fan favourite teams from the past now to fill a cast, if Vietnam can do it for their season 5 so can we :)

Now that tweet from Mike has me curious

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »

I will need to rewatch, thanks for pointing that out!

I HATE stuff like this with a passion. Both sides could have handled this better. I think I was just surprised at Ashley not using all her media experience to smooth things over. She was so articulate all season that I was just...surprised. It was the first clue that perhaps they did not win, for me anyway. But I know racers who are STILL bitter over race events years later, so it is not unusual. These are real people with real feelings and very entitled to those feelings.

As far as I know, there is no ban on racers talking to each other. ???

But aside from this, I have loved this season, one of my all time favorites.

Great casting, great locations, great tasks and we had such fun following them!! Well done TAR Canada!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 05:06:25 PM »
Of course, it could be a sign of an All-Star season, too. Canada's had such great casting I wouldn't mind that to end it off.

There's enough fan favourite teams from the past now to fill a cast, if Vietnam can do it for their season 5 so can we :)

Now that tweet from Mike has me curious

He tweeted once, deleted it. (I didn't notice if he had the hashtag) He retweeted it with the hashtag, I responded with the "Go on" gif. He deleted it. He retweeted a third time without the hashtag. Maybe it was for something else?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 07:43:05 PM »
Is it possible that CTV is waiting for when CBS decides to premiere TAR29 before ordering TARC5?  Because TAR29 could easily be held until Summer 2017.  So CTV wouldn't want to have TARC5 and TAR29 airing at the same time.  Plus, I don't think CTV is looking to air TARC in-season/outside of Summer either.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 11:15:29 AM »
Is it possible that CTV is waiting for when CBS decides to premiere TAR29 before ordering TARC5?  Because TAR29 could easily be held until Summer 2017.  So CTV wouldn't want to have TARC5 and TAR29 airing at the same time.  Plus, I don't think CTV is looking to air TARC in-season/outside of Summer either.

That's actually a good point. I guess they can't do much until TAR29 has an actual airdate

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2016, 12:09:30 AM »
For what it's worth, it looks like they did make up.

Frankie Gassler ‏@FrankieFenix74  Sep 17
@SharenHC2357 @AmazingRaceCDA  well we've made up now ☺️ it's easy to judge when you haven't been in that situation... Cheers

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2016, 01:11:10 AM »
Nope. But that "stay tuned..." tweet from Mike Bickerton (one of the producers), he's got something in the works.