Author Topic: TAR Canada 4 Ep 10 "We're Doing It Wrong! We're In Big Trouble" Saint John NB  (Read 3778 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
The Amazing Race Canada - We're Doing It Wrong! We're In Big Trouble!

Season: 4 - Episode: 10/45 - First broadcast: September 6, 2016 - Episode ID: 1398557

The remaining teams race to Saint John, NS where a Detour puts them in a sticky situation.

Thanks to Maanca!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 11:41:52 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR Canada 4 Ep 10 (title TBD) Saint John New Brunswick
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 03:34:00 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:34:17 PM »
No posting except for Oval please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 05:11:58 PM »
Leg 10: Sydney, Nova Scotia → Saint John, New Brunswick

FILM DATES:May 21-22
AIR DATE:September 6

ROUTE INFO:Travel via bus to Saint John, New Brunswick

ROUTE INFO:Uptown Saint John

ROUTE INFO:Moosehead Brewery

ROUTE INFO:Crosby's Molasses Plant

ROUTE INFO:Kingsbrae Gardens, Saint Andrews
TASK:Involves being blindfolded and sniffing plants

PIT STOP:Unknown

:yes:  SAFE:Unknown

?  AT RISK:

X  ELIMINATED:     
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:43:31 PM by ovalorange »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 05:20:31 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 05:20:51 PM »
saved
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 05:21:28 PM »
No posting except for Alen please
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 05:21:53 PM »
Preview.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/uOoXczCbczY" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/uOoXczCbczY</a>
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:56:56 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 05:22:11 PM »
Caps.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:48:51 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 05:22:38 PM »
Caps.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:49:25 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »
Okay to post after the show tonight!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
-Detour in Saint John. Making molasses at Crosby's Molasses or a task that was in TAR Australia, or stacking a pallet of beer cases at Moosehead Lager.

-99% sure Golf Face-Off is at Algonquin Golf Course in St. Andrews. This spot looks like a match http://theaposition.com/daviddesmith/wp-content/uploads/sites/54/2011/07/The-Algonquin1.jpg (huge photo). Did we have any sightings here? I thought it was mentioned in filming.

-Roadblock at Kingsbrae Gardens. Here's a little background on the place that gives us an idea of the task, from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Andrews,_New_Brunswick#Kingsbrae_Horticultural_Garden
Kingsbrae Garden has over 50,000 different plants on display. There are edible gardens, a cedar maze, an ornamental grass garden, rose garden, gravel garden, a virgin Acadian forest trail, streams, a genuine Dutch windmill (1/3 scale), and even a garden called the "Scents and Sensitivity Garden"; built with advice from the Canadian National Institute for the Blind, and designed for the visually impaired, with all plants chosen because they have an interesting smell or texture, and all with names for the plants labelled in English, Latin, and Braille.
(would this have been Lowell's ideal Roadblock or what? :P )

-Did we ever figure out where the Pit Stop is?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 11:56:44 AM by Maanca »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
New location in the sneak peek: A Saint John location is the Chateau Saint John. And Jemmett blowout!

THIS is Jillian's equivalent moment of Rachel's "the Amazing Race is supposed to be fun and good!" Emmett can't figure out how to reach the Chateau by car and decides they get out and run, Jillian tearfully protests his decision and believes they're in last place, and complains her shoes are 2 sizes too small :lol:

Frankie & Amy also can't find it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:01:53 PM by Maanca »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR Canada 4 Ep 10 "We're Doing It Wrong! We're In Big Trouble" Saint John NB
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2016, 11:53:30 AM »
Caps.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR Canada 4 Ep 10 "We're Doing It Wrong! We're In Big Trouble" Saint John NB
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2016, 12:21:53 PM »
Just a bit more. Sorry for the wall of text, guys! This is about the closest they've come to me, Saint John is little more than a ferry ride away, I wish I could have seen this one in action.

6-9 is the Bouctouche Dunes Boardwalk, nowhere close. Unless they Detoured off the highway coming into New Brunswick, this is just stock footage. It's on the east coast of the province near the bridge to PEI.

This post from Saint Johns tourism seems to confirm the other Detour. Moosehead Lager - https://twitter.com/VisitSaintJohn/status/771049382057762816

And there seems to be a tie with Cuba once again :P I was looking up molasses was made, I didn't know and that seems to be the Detour task (it actually sounds kinda complicated, there's chemistry involved). It's made from refining...sugar cane (or sugar beets are used, too). They extract the sugar from it through boiling, and molasses are the byproduct that's left.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 09:51:10 AM »
http://huddle.today/new-brunswick-businesses-getting-spotlight-on-amazing-race-canada-tonight/

New Brunswick Businesses Getting Spotlight on Amazing Race Canada Tonight
Sep 6, 2016
by Cherise Letson

SAINT JOHN – Three New Brunswick businesses will be featured on national television Tuesday night.

Crosby’s Molasses, Moosehead Breweries and Kingsbrae Garden will be making appearances on the semi-final episode of the Amazing Race Canada tonight at 9 p.m AST on CTV.

Though the challenges the contestants will be doing with the companies is still under wraps, what’s not is the excitement that’s been building since the businesses were first approached by the show last winter.

“[The production company] reached out by email and just said they were producing a reality TV show and they wanted to talk to us about out involvement,” says Bridgett Oland, marketing director and recipe developer for Crosby’s. “Everything was in code at the beginning, until my first official meeting with the contact who had reached out and that’s when she let me know that it was Amazing Race Canada and we started into the details.”

Though the company can’t disclose the challenge itself, Oland said did reveal the Crosby’s challenge is very hands-on. She said the process of filming the episode was a “tremendous experience.” The crew and contestants were all kind and friendly, but of course very focused.

“It was such a thrill to be part of the show. As you can imagine, it’s a high-energy program. There’s tension and excitement building the entire time,” she says. “The teams came running into the plant, they’re rushing to complete their challenge. But you can’t hurry molasses so that created more tension, then they were running out.”

For Moosehead President Patrick Oland, it was fascinating to see the huge amount of work that goes into a show that seems flawlessly produced when viewers finally watch it at home.

“It’s amazing how flexible and how fast they work in terms of setting up all their equipment and how clever they are at figuring out the right lighting and sound, all different parts of the operation working outside a regular studio,” he says. “It’s amazing the number of hours they do. They would show us some playback of the film and it’s really cool to see our own place on TV and how it looks. It’s something we look at every day, but it always looks a little different when they do it.”

Bridgett Oland says being featured on a national high-rated program like Amazing Race Canada will help bring Crosby’s products to a new audience.

“People from across the country don’t necessarily know that we’re a Canadian company. It’s generation family owned, New Brunswick company, so that exposure lets us share that message coast to coast. But it also helps us share that message with a customer demographic we’re working to grow. Many of consumer market initiatives have been aimed at reintroducing or in many cases introducing molasses to a young audience. So being featured on Amazing Race Canada really helps to nudge that along.”

Patrick Oland says being featured on the show isn’t just good publicity, but also show’s the company’s pride in where they are from.

“We find sometimes some people are not quite aware where we are from. Some people think we’re from Northern Ontario and other places like that,” he says. “Not everyone knows where Saint John is. We’re very proud to be from here and anything that connects us to the pride of the city is great.”