Author Topic: S33: Idol Twist?  (Read 2173 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
S33: Idol Twist?
« on: August 23, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »

Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X Idol Twist

Jeff Probst reveals details about hidden immunity idols on Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X and it’s a shell of a twist.

Ever since hidden idols were first introduced eleven years ago in Survivor: Guatemala (shout-out to Gary Hogeboom), we have seen not only a change in the look of the idols but in the powers they hold and the way players discover them. It seems like each season Survivor tries to one-up themselves when it comes to idol twists.

Speaking to EW.com about the upcoming season, host Jeff Probst told Dalton Ross:

“Somebody had an idea on how to hide idols in nature and it’s brilliant. And it’s really fun because you’re going to get a clue and it’s gonna say, yes, there’s an idol somewhere down here amongst these shells. Good luck. And you’re gonna look out on a beach full of shells and you will not be able to figure out which one has it. How could a shell possibly have an idol? You just gotta work. You gotta think.”

Idols hidden in shells? It isn’t quite clear just how exactly that will work, but it sounds like idols will be camouflaged into the surroundings rather than just stuck in a tree or under a rock.

More here: http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-millennials-vs-gen-x-idol-twist-15719
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: S33: Idol Twist?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 04:56:45 PM »
I don't really understand how this will be executed :lol:
Maybe like in China/Philippines, when the idol was disguised a regular thing (in those cases a piece of something) and people will just find the "congratulations!" inside a shell or something?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 12:58:27 AM »
Oh good, I thought I was the only one confused by the vagueness of Jeff's description :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 06:14:37 PM »
I'll be interested to see when we are going to find out about this.... :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:59:16 AM »
I'll be interested to see when we are going to find out about this.... :duno:
Well, only an hour after your post. :lol:

This is brilliant, it didn't even hit me at first that the coconut has the actual idol - I thought there would be a clue written on it, but hiding the idol inside is very clever!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 05:37:11 PM »
Maybe the Insider vids have  comment on this..
RFF's Golden Rule: