Author Topic: S33: David Wright (Takali)  (Read 1504 times)

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
S33: David Wright (Takali)
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:30:24 AM »

David Wright

Current residence: Sherman Oaks, CA
Tribe designation: Takali (Gen-X)

Three words to describe you: OCD, nervous, and paranoid.

Hobbies: 3D printing puzzles.

Pet peeves: Sudden, loud noises; people who don't use a turn signal; people who believe in ghosts and psychics; people who are late for dinner; people who incorrectly use the word "nonplussed;" people.

What does it mean to be a Gen-Xer?
Gen-Xers believe in hard work, earning their rewards, and eating breakfast. Why does no one eat breakfast anymore?!

Personal claim to fame:
Playing chess against Magnus Carlsen, the No. 1 ranked player in the world.

Inspiration in life:
Mr. Spock [from Star Trek]. He's highly intelligent, logical, and has trouble fitting in. If you could have three things on the island, what would they be and why? Beads, string, and polished stones to make fake Immunity Idols for other people to find.

Survivor contestant you're most like:
I relate most to the guys who don't fit in such as John Cochran (South Pacific, Caramoan)—he's my intellectual equal with slightly larger muscles. I also relate to Joe Anglim's (Worlds Apart, Cambodia) puzzle-solving skills, but, unfortunately, not his full head of hair, or way with the ladies.

Reason for being on Survivor:
I want to use Survivor as a tool to battle my insecurities and overcome my fears and anxiety.

Why do you think you'll "survive" Survivor?
My weaknesses and flaws are my strengths. Because of my small size and lack of physical stature, people won't perceive me as a threat.

I also have the most important Survivor trait one can have: paranoia. My eyes and ears will be at full attention, searching for any hint of a vote going bad for me. Chess has taught me to always look ahead, so I'm prepared to seize an opportunity when one presents itself. I won't let emotions and feelings stand in the way of reaching Final 3.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:37:21 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
Re: S33: David Wright (Takali)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:32:30 AM »
Meet Season 33 Castaway David Wright

Get to know David Wright, one of the newest castaways who will compete for $1 million and the title of Sole Survivor in the all-new season of Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X, premiering on Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 8/7c on CBS.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GKKaG6FJXs8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GKKaG6FJXs8</a>