Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189539 times)

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Re: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation (Will contain 29 Cast and Location Spoilers)
« Reply #475 on: September 27, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »
I like Jody on TAR, but no more social media or mid-celebrities on it. I want a normal cast, like years before.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:29:57 PM by Hysha »
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #476 on: September 27, 2017, 12:42:25 PM »
Here's the CBS page.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #477 on: September 27, 2017, 02:10:59 PM »
A live-start on 10/01 at 11:30 am. Interesting.
At least with that information we have some information that can be inferred from that:
1) We'll probably have a full ID of the cast on the same date.
2) Where-ever they're flying to, they'll probably only board in the afternoon, meaning the actual international portion of the leg, will most likely happen on 10/02 (if they're flying to Europe or Africa) or 10/03 (if they're flying to Asia or Australia). Unless they go to Canada.
3) And finish line will happen either on 10/21 or 10/22, I assume.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #478 on: September 27, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
I would say this has to mean a European first leg. If they were heading westward, the starting city would be further west. And I highly doubt they're doing anything like season 25, which went to the Caribbean first, due to the recent disasters in that area. I'd be scouring afternoon flights heading to Europe.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 30 OPEN START OCT 1!
« Reply #479 on: September 27, 2017, 02:18:29 PM »
Count me in! I'll be there. What time should we show up?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Re: TAR 30 OPEN START OCT 1!
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2017, 02:22:03 PM »
Early!! I'll message you.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #481 on: September 27, 2017, 02:22:26 PM »
This should be an interesting route with all the recent world news. Even western Europe is iffy right now with the recent rash of random violence, purposeful vehicle plowings.

But still hopeful for at least one new country, 29 broke a good streak they had going. Maybe Nepal finally?! Elise reiterated again just recently how it's one on her radar.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2017, 03:08:34 PM »
I'm not a fan of the prospect of another Eastern route. I think the only viable options are Canada or they catch an Evening flight and they'll be in Europe the next morning. They could fly to Asia, there are nunerous direct flights to Taipei, Tokyo ect or West to Vancouver.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #483 on: September 27, 2017, 03:11:58 PM »
Hmm now I’m curious if it will be all stunt casts / like the YouTube and social media star season. That was he last time they did this, right?

Jessica and Cody may just be to get a following but it might end up being all stunt cast teams

TAR27 was the last public Starting Line. Interestingly enough, the two public Starting Lines we've had so far were the only two "normal" seasons of the last 6 (24-29) hehe.

Kinda meh at the New York Starting Line, but they could still go west. Maybe they think a NY Starting Line might bring out more people than a random LA area location? (Unless it was a high tourist location like a Hollywood and Highland or something)

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #484 on: September 27, 2017, 03:13:17 PM »
I tried to look up the flight schedule for that day at JFK and that gave me no help

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #485 on: September 27, 2017, 03:15:54 PM »
Well, you know then if they're starting in New York, that means...expect a Los Angeles-area final leg. Because every season for almost the past 20 seasons has had to start or end in LA :P

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #486 on: September 27, 2017, 03:16:31 PM »
I'm not a fan of the prospect of another Eastern route. I think the only viable options are Canada or they catch an Evening flight and they'll be in Europe the next morning. They could fly to Asia, there are nunerous direct flights to Taipei, Tokyo ect or West to Vancouver.

They could just as easily connect through LA or SF too.
But some Asian/Oceania cities with direct-ish (some stopovers) flights: Beijing, Delhi, Mumbai, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Manila, Brisbane.

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #487 on: September 27, 2017, 03:21:20 PM »

But some Asian/Oceania cities with direct-ish (some stopovers) flights: Beijing, Delhi, Mumbai, Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, Taipei, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Manila, Brisbane.

Come on now. There's no way they are heading to Asia from NYC. They wouldn't connect through LA. The starting line itself would be in LA. We know how budget conscious the production has gotten. I will chug a bottle of sriacha if they head to Asia first!

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #488 on: September 27, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »
You would understand the excitement if you watched the show though.

Just think of any tv show you follow and imagine 2 of the contestants/characters as a team on the amazing race. That’s what it feels like. It’s no different than seeing Survivor contestants on there or other Minor celebs that bring a following (YouTube, Sports, etc. )

I am a fan of ORDINARY people doing EXTRAORDINARY things. I personally have zero desire to see contestants from other shows here...but I understand the economic/rating implications so...

The BB crossovers have never increased ratings for TAR on any season. Like a friend told me once, it's just CBS forcing brand-building at another show's expense.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #489 on: September 27, 2017, 03:27:22 PM »

Come on now. There's no way they are heading to Asia from NYC. They wouldn't connect through LA. The starting line itself would be in LA. We know how budget conscious the production has gotten. I will chug a bottle of sriacha if they head to Asia first!

Remember that flights from JFK/Newark to Asia are only about 1-2 hours longer than flights from Los Angeles depending on destintion. Flights from LAX to HKG are 15 hours and JFK to HKG is 16 hours.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #490 on: September 27, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »
Not only that, but some flights aren't that much more expensive between LA and NY. Flights to Taipei, for example top out at $700 from either city.
And again, they might see a NY Starting Line as worth it if it drums up more attention and buzz than a Starting Line in LA.

ETA: Strangely enough, flights to Hong Kong are more expensive from LA than NY.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #491 on: September 27, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »
Not only that, but some flights aren't that much more expensive between LA and NY. Flights to Taipei, for example top out at $700 from either city.
And again, they might see a NY Starting Line as worth it if it drums up more attention and buzz than a Starting Line in LA.

ETA: Strangely enough, flights to Hong Kong are more expensive from LA than NY.

Also there may be more East Coast teams?

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #492 on: September 27, 2017, 04:00:50 PM »
I tried to look up the flight schedule for that day at JFK and that gave me no help

Also consider Newark, which also has international flights. Does LGA still has international flights? I remember flying back from there, last time I was in the US, but that was ages ago. Though due to availability of flights JFK still seems the most probable airport.

Something that is likely from what we've seen the last few seasons, when assessing probable destination:
- Teams might be broken down in two flights, with tickets either provided for them after a task, or its a race to the airport to get, between earlier and later pre-determined flights.
- Its likely a destination with at least 3 flights departing on 10/01, as they might like to have Phil board the 1st one, and distribute the teams in the following two. Making the likelihood of a destination where there's only 1 flight departing that afternoon or evening, more unlikely.

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #493 on: September 27, 2017, 06:00:45 PM »
If they are starting in New York, I think we can rule Oceania as the first leg. Now, we should look to it as a Leg 11. If they wanted an Oceanian first few legs, they would start in LA.

Europe seems to be the first destination:
a) The closet possible point from NY, would be London or Paris. However, we have seen these recently, so I'm think maybe IRELAND

After a few kegs in Europe, they could go down to Asia, with very well could be NEPAL!

Then, down to Oceania, with either AUSTRALIA or a NEW ZEALAND with the final legs.

This is NOT A WISHLIST, but (I believe) a logical explain action of most likely where the TAR30 team will go!

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #494 on: September 27, 2017, 08:28:53 PM »
Expecting the first country to be something in the Americas (no way in hell of a Caribbean country after these hurricanes), as was the trend with the previous live starts. But Europe would be a nice change from the pattern of Latin country first legs that's been happening a lot as of late.

We'll know when Phil says it at the starting line :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:35:41 PM by Maanca »

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #495 on: September 27, 2017, 09:45:34 PM »
How bad did the hurricanes hit Cuba bc I think that had a good shot at going to plus there are multiple flights to Havana and a lot of culture

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #496 on: September 27, 2017, 09:54:04 PM »
Very highly doubt that's going to happen. This is not to be turned into politics, just asking, isn't Trump essentially trying to slam that door shut again? Thus it remaining a country only accessible to non-US races.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:02:06 PM by Maanca »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #497 on: September 27, 2017, 10:37:30 PM »
I'm placing my bets on Buenos Aires
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #498 on: September 27, 2017, 11:20:54 PM »
My bet would be Colombia as the first destination even teams are leaving NYC.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #499 on: September 28, 2017, 01:51:11 AM »
I'm excited!! NY Public Start, why do I sort of get Season 25 vibes.  Season 25 was a great season imo. Season 29 was drawing back to its old roots. 30 is a significant number so therefore I'm expecting big things.  :conf:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:58:58 AM by TARUSAFan »