Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189226 times)

Offline tarsuperfreak

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation (Will contain 29 Cast and Location Spoilers)
« Reply #400 on: August 03, 2017, 07:32:39 PM »
 :ty4posting :welcome2:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 08:25:55 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #401 on: August 04, 2017, 12:20:30 AM »
I think that if they do do the blind All Stars (which I really hope they won't, personally, but again this is not a wishlist), they're gonna have a lot of problems with casting. A lot of people are not gonna want to race without their partner, similar to Flo for the first All Stara. The one exception to this would be if they had a lot of people from TAR 26 and TAR 29 but even then I think it'll be tricky. I still think an Unfinished Business 2 is very likely, especially since they have so many teams that people have been begging for to come back like the Cyclists, Surfers, Bopper and Mark, and Team Fun. I highly doubt any of these teams will want to race without their partner, especially Bopper and Mark with the whole Mark and Mallory debacle. There may be a new twist, but I don't think the blind option is happening.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #402 on: August 04, 2017, 12:45:03 AM »
 :welcome: to RFF, tarsuperfreak!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #403 on: August 17, 2017, 11:03:06 PM »

the gimmick has to do with the lifestyles of the teams and how it affects the relationship but not in the way of "all the teams are internet stars!!"

I remember a time when TAR was able to cast a diverse group of teams with different backgrounds, lifestyles, situations, etc and didn't need a gimmick to do it. :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #404 on: August 18, 2017, 12:23:04 AM »

I remember a time when TAR was able to cast a diverse group of teams with different backgrounds, lifestyles, situations, etc and didn't need a gimmick to do it. :(

Me too, sigh. Let's hope for the best!

This is my own SPEC.

Best time to travel to Nepal is in October. Maybe this will finally be the year? One of my most favorite places in the world.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: August 18, 2017, 01:02:58 AM »
Phil wants to go to Nepal!!!

Time to go!!!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: August 18, 2017, 07:29:46 PM »
If I'm being honest, I'm going to believe that casting is basically looking for teams with both partners in the same occupation based on that tease. It should be just a regular TAR cast, not really a gimmick per se.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2017, 04:25:31 AM »
So something like a team of cops, a team of firefighters, a team of doctors, a team of teachers, a team of veterans, 2 aspiring actors, 2 aspiring models, 2 people who are already actors, 2 people who are already models, 2 actors who also model, 2 modes who sometimes do acting gigs, etc.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #408 on: August 19, 2017, 09:02:53 AM »
It could also be something as wacky as "Mother/Son Funeral Directors" which TARCAN5 just did :lol:

Hopefully they do more than just the expected. TAR casting has honestly been amazing after the disaster of 24, haven't really disliked any teams from 25-29 except for four and even then, it's still a better track record than the post-UB or post-AS era.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #409 on: August 20, 2017, 11:21:01 AM »
I can't wait to do the detective work, it was a lot of fun. I am hoping for the best that this will be a regular cast that is diverse. Looking back at the previous recent seasons, S.20-Present. For me TAR 22, 23 & 25 were diverse. Take for instance in S.25 we had Food Scientists, Married Surfers, Urban Bike Racers, Married Dentists, Realtor Sisters, Mother & Daughter Flight Attendants, Asian-American Couple and Firefighters etc... The only team missing there was an elderly, middle aged couple/friends. So maybe (hoping), that they will follow this formula and go back to basics.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:24:41 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #410 on: August 24, 2017, 02:18:02 PM »
Casting aside, I really just want them to focus on making the tasks harder again, more self-driving in order to cause teams to get confused/lost, etc. One of the best parts in the older seasons is that the race could truly be won or lost by how a team performs in the Roadblocks or Detours, but now, it usually plays out in the order they arrive at the tasks. I just want harder tasks that shuffle the placements more.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #411 on: August 26, 2017, 01:49:07 PM »
Casting aside, I really just want them to focus on making the tasks harder again, more self-driving in order to cause teams to get confused/lost, etc. One of the best parts in the older seasons is that the race could truly be won or lost by how a team performs in the Roadblocks or Detours, but now, it usually plays out in the order they arrive at the tasks. I just want harder tasks that shuffle the placements more.
yes!! the last season did indeed have a couple of lacklustre tasks and i really really really hope that the next season is more invigorating.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
« Reply #412 on: September 05, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »
Filming in October gives me TAR 14's vibes  :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

hopefully this season will be as good as the last one, so we can keep more and more seasons coming!!!!
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #413 on: September 06, 2017, 11:18:10 AM »
I really do hope that this season will be better or as good as S.29. Hopefully we go back to the 2 season in 1 year. But October filming, I'm intrigued what countries are going to turn up. It's Spring in the Southern Hemisphere and Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, this will be interesting.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #414 on: September 06, 2017, 11:29:54 AM »
I really do hope that this season will be better or as good as S.29. Hopefully we go back to the 2 season in 1 year. But October filming, I'm intrigued what countries are going to turn up. It's Spring in the Southern Hemisphere and Autumn in the Northern Hemisphere, this will be interesting.

I do think the whole month of October is really sure to film the new season with more under-visited and first time new places that has to visit for the race.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:05:08 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #415 on: September 07, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »
Because of the filming date, I'm predicting a visit to the Middle East/North Africa region. Maybe we'll finally see another Egypt leg, likely in a more politically temperate area like Hurghada, Luxor, Sharm el Sheikh, or Alexandria. I also think Oman is a plausible guess; we haven't seen a visit there in a while. The producers have already said Qatar isn't happening because something like "the government is disorganized". I don't think we'll see UAE or Morocco due to having seen it in 28 and 25, Lebanon is too close to Syria, Palestine/Israel is too controversial at a time that TAR desperately needs good ratings, so my guess is Oman, Egypt, Jordan, Bahrain, Jordan, and/or Tunisia. Tunisia and Jordan are the most likely because they are the most politically stable (especially Tunisia), plus Tunisia hasn't been seen since 1 and Jordan has never been seen.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #416 on: September 08, 2017, 12:49:57 AM »
Because of the filming date, I'm predicting a visit to the Middle East/North Africa region. Maybe we'll finally see another Egypt leg, likely in a more politically temperate area like Hurghada, Luxor, Sharm el Sheikh, or Alexandria. I also think Oman is a plausible guess; we haven't seen a visit there in a while. The producers have already said Qatar isn't happening because something like "the government is disorganized". I don't think we'll see UAE or Morocco due to having seen it in 28 and 25, Lebanon is too close to Syria, Palestine/Israel is too controversial at a time that TAR desperately needs good ratings, so my guess is Oman, Egypt, Jordan, Bahrain, Jordan, and/or Tunisia. Tunisia and Jordan are the most likely because they are the most politically stable (especially Tunisia), plus Tunisia hasn't been seen since 1 and Jordan has never been seen.

The huge problem that the Middle East/North Africa is more instability in some stated countries above due to conflicts within Palestine, diplomacy crisis in Qatar and clashes in Libya. Definitely ruled out the area as we visited Middle East recently in TAR 28.

I except a South Africa (an underused nation) is very likely and has a 100 percent chance to visit. That is away longer overdue.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: September 08, 2017, 01:18:47 AM »

The huge problem that the Middle East/North Africa is more instability in some stated countries above due to conflicts within Palestine, diplomacy crisis in Qatar and clashes in Libya. Definitely ruled out the area as we visited Middle East recently in TAR 28.

I except a South Africa (an underused nation) is very likely and has a 100 percent chance to visit. That is away longer overdue.

I expect a South Africa (or another Southern Africa) visit as well, but I'm not sure is it feasible enough to feature on penultimate leg since it only have three daily direct flights from Johannesburg (The main gateway of enter/exit South Africa) back to US (Atlanta, NYC, and Washington D.C.) which limited final destination choices. Maybe I just mumbling nonsense now since international version like TAR Asia 2 did have penultimate South Africa leg.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #418 on: September 08, 2017, 11:16:55 AM »

Hahaha, Tunisia is very far from stable. Perosnally I would love to see Jordan. Also what about Turkey, My aunt is currently in Istanbul and it's fine, the Aegean region is amazing and I visit often. Öludeniz, Kas, Istanbul and Cappadocia would be great.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #419 on: September 08, 2017, 11:20:04 AM »
Yeah...we won't see Tunisia again. It's not what it was back in 2001

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #420 on: September 08, 2017, 01:12:05 PM »

Hahaha, Tunisia is very far from stable. Perosnally I would love to see Jordan. Also what about Turkey, My aunt is currently in Istanbul and it's fine, the Aegean region is amazing and I visit often. Öludeniz, Kas, Istanbul and Cappadocia would be great.

I actually study international political science at my university, and I specialize in the Middle East. I actually just spent all of May in Dubai studying Middle Eastern politics and I can tell you Tunisia is definitely the most stable country out there, because its authoritarian ruler was ousted and they were able to reform into a democratic system. Tunisia is definitely the safest and most stable country in the MENA region.

As for Turkey, I was just there in June and I can agree that everywhere is safe except Ankara, however, we saw it in 21 so I think we're more likely to either see a new Middle Eastern country or one that hasn't been seen in a while, like Oman, or again, Tunisia.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:11:26 PM by nrh2110 »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: September 08, 2017, 03:44:38 PM »
I promise you that Turkey is very safe, definitely compared to Tunisia. I've been to multiple regions quite frequently.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #423 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »
These are the restricted areas:
Jendouba south of Ain Drahem and west of RN15, Kef, and Kasserine, next to the Algerian border
Ben Guerdan and Medenine, next to the Libyan border
Gafsa and Sidi Bou Zid in central Tunisia
The desert south of Remada is designated as a military zone by the Government of Tunisia.  If travelers wish to enter the military zone, special authorization is required.

Now, if they wish to hold some legs in Tunisia, they CAN hold one in Tunis. I have also looked at the Smartraveller webite (which is run by the Australian Government) and this is the picture.

It is a little bit blurry, but you can see that both Gabes and Tunis are in the 'reconsider your need to travel' bracket. However, Tatotine is out of that. So, we would THINK that there wouldn't be a leg there.

So the question is, will CBS run the risk of something bad happening in either Tunis or Gabes, if they design a leg there. I tend to think not.

Thoughts?

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #424 on: September 17, 2017, 03:12:04 PM »
Is this season gonna be a regular season or is this gonna have a gimmick? Also my predictions for the route is gonna be oceania, southeast adia, western europe, and hopefully a north american country other than usa