Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189215 times)

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
i hope the new season of amazing race will be better than season 29. I want it to be new teams.
??

29 was one of the best seasons of all time

Only in eyes of superfans, maybe, and casuals on FB hate it only because of the winners?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's the TAR3 effect - casuals seem to generally love the season but hate the winners.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
It's the TAR3 effect - casuals seem to generally love the season but hate the winners.

Yep, this is so me!  :funny:

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
i hope the new season of amazing race will be better than season 29. I want it to be new teams.
??

THIS.... :conf:

i LOVED season 29 sooo much
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline Boring Dude

• RFF Not So Newbie
I would honestly say that season 29 was probably the best season from 14 onwards. (in my personal opinion) (side note:I still haven't seen seasons 1-13 in full, so I cannot compare it to them.) I wanted either
Show content
team fun or the boys
to win, but the season still was awesome regardless.

Minus the finale, every leg contained some crazy surprises, and I haven't felt this exited about the show since I discovered it during season 22.

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
In terms of post-S13, TAR29 is definitely up there in my top 5. The others would be S17, S25, S23, & S22.

I would honestly say that season 29 was probably the best season from 14 onwards. (in my personal opinion) (side note:I still haven't seen seasons 1-13 in full, so I cannot compare it to them.) I wanted either
Show content
team fun or the boys
to win, but the season still was awesome regardless.

Minus the finale, every leg contained some crazy surprises, and I haven't felt this exited about the show since I discovered it during season 22.

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
here we go....! hope we watch THIS season THIS year  :bump
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
??

He/she mean that she/he hopes TAR 30 will be greater than TAR 29 ???
what might have been

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
At least it will expect to travel one new sovereign country plus several locations visited at least once before.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 05:12:49 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yes please!
I really want Latvia to be visited to complete the Baltic state visits. Or another new European country, like Serbia, Bosnia & Herzegovina or Bulgaria...  :colors

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They also quietly updated the logo on their YouTube account  :sab

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think TAR30 would have less/no (Western) Europe leg judging we have terrorism activity threaten the security at this point.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
It's going to be interesting to see where in Europe gets visited with all hell breaking loose over there right now.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I just wonder that if they are started to finalise the cast and start filming soon.

If not, then why have they started updating everything with a new logo, for S30?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
I just wonder that if they are started to finalise the cast and start filming soon.

If not, then why have they started updating everything with a new logo, for S30?

Bourkie, according to TAR casting FAQ website (link), the filming for this season will be commenced between September 2017 to January 2018. As so, production most likely to film the new season this October (around Northern Hemisphere Fall/Autumn or Southern Hemisphere Spring).

Offline amazingracefan/-1

• RFF Not So Newbie
  :word:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:57:52 PM by amazingracefan/-1 »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Netherlands! Are u serious

Also, why no Taiwan

Singapore doesn't have to be in a eastward direction

Why no west africa, all weve recently had is southern Africa. Also what about South Africa as opposed to Botswana.

We have 2 legs in the Philippines yet we only see Manila which was seen in S25.

Also we can't have India but we can have Poland?

Offline amazingracefan/-1

• RFF Not So Newbie
 :bump
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:58:46 PM by amazingracefan/-1 »

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
The Netherlands! Are u serious

Also, why no Taiwan

Singapore doesn't have to be in a eastward direction

Why no west africa, all weve recently had is southern Africa. Also what about South Africa as opposed to Botswana.

We have 2 legs in the Philippines yet we only see Manila which was seen in S25.

Also we can't have India but we can have Poland?

I'm just going off what we've seen in the past few years of TAR.
Singapore has never been visited in a westward race. I highly doubt they'll change it up now.
There will be no Taiwan because it's clear CBS doesn't like Taiwan and recieves a lot of sponsors from China. This explains the overuse of China and the underuse of Taiwan, which has a lot of cool things to be done.
No west africa because the only visitable west african country is namibia, and that was just visited. Angola is still plagued with land mines.
No south africa. Here's why:
South Africa is notorious for an extraordinarily high violent crime rate (although part of this may be due to better crime reporting than most developing countries). It's not unheard of for the police to refuse to leave their air-conditioned offices to investigate crime on the basis that "it's too dangerous out there!" South Africa is consistently ranked at somewhere between 14 to 18 among the countries with the highest murder rates in the world (31.8 per 100,000 per year as of 2013).

(Wikitravel.org)
We might see some other Fllipino cities like Cebu, I'm not entirely sure that's what we'll get, as we might get Thailand.
For the Poland thing, I imagine that the race would try to go to Sri Lanka or Bangladesh, rather than India as India has one of the highest scores of any TAR country. Poland however, is lower and one of the only safe countries in Europe because of the refugee crisis and mass rapes.

Overall, I appreciate your comment. I'm just trying to conduct an analysis of the race based on recent seasons and predict what the next one will be.

Namibia and Angola aren't western Africa they're Southern Africa. Western Africa would be Guinea, Ghana, Senegal, ect

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
During the filming of season 30, it will be Winter in oceania, so a season starting off in oceania is not likely.

Excuse me, haven't heard of other Oceanian countries?

Countries like Fiji, New Caledonia and Vanuatu, are warm all year round. So this theory does quite work.

I'm not trying to be rude, I'm just saying that even if it is freezing in Australia or New Zealand (which it is now, lol), then TAR can go to warmer countries, such as those

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
It will be summer in Oceania as it's supposed to film between I belive October & January.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

I'm just going off what we've seen in the past few years of TAR.
Singapore has never been visited in a westward race. I highly doubt they'll change it up now.
There will be no Taiwan because it's clear CBS doesn't like Taiwan and recieves a lot of sponsors from China. This explains the overuse of China and the underuse of Taiwan, which has a lot of cool things to be done.
No west africa because the only visitable west african country is namibia, and that was just visited. Angola is still plagued with land mines.

Have you read the threads here? Taiwan recently sponsored a casting call, ie they are a sponsor. TAR26 flew into Taiwan first (I would assume because of sponsorship) before flying to Tokyo (even though there are direct flights from LAX into Tokyo).

Your whole post is just made up of guesses (and sorry some are just bad).

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
South Africa is notorious for an extraordinarily high violent crime rate (although part of this may be due to better crime reporting than most developing countries). It's not unheard of for the police to refuse to leave their air-conditioned offices to investigate crime on the basis that "it's too dangerous out there!" South Africa is consistently ranked at somewhere between 14 to 18 among the countries with the highest murder rates in the world (31.8 per 100,000 per year as of 2013).

I was just there and while there IS an inkling of a high crime rate particularly at night (most establishments are closed by 9 PM), South Africa is relatively safe and I had a wonderful time there.

As long as they don't make racers go at night or in dangerous areas, I don't see why they can't go there? TAR2 and 7 did it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 08:12:43 PM by gamerfan09 »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
I was just there and while there IS an inkling of a high crime rate particularly at night (most establishments are closed by 9 PM), South Africa is relatively safe and I had a wonderful time there.

As long as they don't make racers go at night or in dangerous areas, I don't see why they can't go there? TAR2 and 7 did it.

South Africa is definitely safe and Cape Town is a better place to visit, including a nearby South Africa wine region particularly in towns of Paarl, Franschhoek, Pniel and Stellenbosch.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 01:02:40 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
READ MY SIG AND PAY ATTENTION.

RUDENESS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. SO WATCH IT.

If you want to post wishlists, take it there.

Educated speculation is always appreciated. Consider flights, terrorism, climate for starters.

Leafs is correct about Taiwan sponsoring a casting call. Although the route via Taiwan previously I believe at have been more to allow production to get ahead.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.