Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189489 times)

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I follow LaToya Jackson from her stint on the Celebrity Apprentice and I follow Corbin Bleu as a fan of High School Musical and I noticed the two tweeted during the finale (with Corbin following the TAR Twitter) o.O

https://twitter.com/latoyajackson/status/870510608579297281

https://twitter.com/corbinbleu/status/866103746823995392

I know it is an ENORMOUS reach, but is a Celebrity Edition possible?

kaedav

NO PLZ NO!!! We just had internet celebrities and i want to c a regular season and an all star season!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
I know this is not a wishlist thread, but I hope TAR is not planning on Celebrity Edition. What are the chances of this happening? ??? Meanwhile, I'm still speculating on a regular season because it is quite overdue.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
THE CASTING SITE HAS FINALLY BEEN UPDATED!!

We are looking for a Teams of two ! You must have a pre-existing relationship with the person. If you are not familiar with the show, please go to CBS.com and become familiar with the show. Typically we choose teams that have known eachother a minimum of one year. We choose relationships that are "relatable". For your best chance of getting on the show, please refer to past seasons 1-28.

We are casting now for a race that travels sometime between September 2017 and January 2018, 
for approximately 25-30 days.

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
So we will only see TAR30 next year, around the same time S29 aired? :(

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Well there we go, filming sometime in the fall more likely.

December, January, that would probably mean mostly southern hemisphere countries.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member

December, January, that would probably mean mostly southern hemisphere countries.

I could see a Season 20 or 22 type of route, with southern hemisphere summer legs like in S20 Argentina or S22 Bora Bora, as well as northern hemisphere "Winter Wonderland" type of legs like S20 Germany and S22 Switzerland
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I think they will film ASAP once they have a cast ready. They will want to have one in the can. ;)

Why do you say that?  ???  That is def not what this says. Y'all are jumping to a lot of inaccurate conclusions.

If we film SOON, then we can be a mid season anytime Nov-onwards.

I think they will film ASAP once they have a cast. They want to have one "in the can" ready to go. ;)

The only conflict I see right now for filming  is the Emmy's. Feel sure they want to be around for that.

As with last year, the Creative Arts Emmy Awards will be held over two nights, on Sept. 9 and 10. And the Primetime Emmy Awards will be handed out on Sept. 17 on CBS.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

I could see a Season 20 or 22 type of route, with southern hemisphere summer legs like in S20 Argentina or S22 Bora Bora, as well as northern hemisphere "Winter Wonderland" type of legs like S20 Germany and S22 Switzerland

The route could be a hybrid mix of S18 and S22 that I like for October filming. What about the Scandinavia "Winter Wonderland" theme type filming in fall like will be having a Northern Lights location, for example S10 Finland (which was indeed occured in summer) and a southern hemisphere spring legs like S18 Australia or S7 South Africa?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:14:42 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Am i the only one concerned for the fall filming? I'm worried that if we get TAR30 done by the end of September or October, and we end up premiering earlier in November ala TAR12, that our season will be EXTREMELY rushed :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Am i the only one concerned for the fall filming? I'm worried that if we get TAR30 done by the end of September or October, and we end up premiering earlier in November ala TAR12, that our season will be EXTREMELY rushed :(

WRP has been doing this for 30 seasons. Have a little faith that they know how to do this?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Not too concerned about a tight timeframe, if TARC can go from filming to premiere in just over 1 month, surely the US editors can, too.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
Not too concerned about a tight timeframe, if TARC can go from filming to premiere in just over 1 month, surely the US editors can, too.

Just my thought but maybe because TARC raced mainly within Canada, they might can start preparing the episode even when the race was still on. So after the leg 1 finished filming, they can directly send the footage for editing. But TARUS can't do that because it's a race around the world.

MAYBE IF TARUS create a season of racing within US territory only, similar like TAR 8, it may happen. :)
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
YES WE ARE FILMING SOON!!!!

BEST NEWS ALL DAYYYYYY!!!!

(P.S schoo, holidays are on September! Maybe I could track em down...)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
YES WE ARE FILMING SOON!!!!

BEST NEWS ALL DAYYYYYY!!!!

(P.S schoo, holidays are on September! Maybe I could track em down...)

I am fine with October filming schedule, Daylight Saving Time in Australia (most parts) starts in first Sunday of October.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
They said the word "relatable" which means they're going back to basics I presume.  Fall filming means more opportunity for Southern hemisphere countries to be visited.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I think they will film ASAP once they have a cast ready. They will want to have one in the can. ;)

Why do you say that?  ???  That is def not what this says. Y'all are jumping to a lot of inaccurate conclusions.

I think they will film ASAP once they have a cast. They want to have one "in the can" ready to go. ;)
Due to filming being scheduled between September and January, I thought there's no possibility of the show airing any time before February, or at least late January. Of course this assumption might be wrong, they could theoretically film in September and air mid-October or whatever, but this thought isn't so stupid I think? :P

It's just that if they give such a wide time frame (4-5 months), they must be pretty certain CBS won't want TAR to air during that time. Or that's just what I think.

kaedav

True Marionnette, this might be their chance to get back to February premiere and September premiere since the last season screwed all that up :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Due to filming being scheduled between September and January, I thought there's no possibility of the show airing any time before February, or at least late January. Of course this assumption might be wrong, they could theoretically film in September and air mid-October or whatever, but this thought isn't so stupid I think? :P

It's just that if they give such a wide time frame (4-5 months), they must be pretty certain CBS won't want TAR to air during that time. Or that's just what I think.

Nope, Can be done pretty quick. 1-2 months. Airing depends on when they need us.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member

I think that's better than no season at all!  :hoot:
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Just my thought but maybe because TARC raced mainly within Canada, they might can start preparing the episode even when the race was still on. So after the leg 1 finished filming, they can directly send the footage for editing. But TARUS can't do that because it's a race around the world.

MAYBE IF TARUS create a season of racing within US territory only, similar like TAR 8, it may happen. :)

Why would it take much longer than TAR Canada? The internet is everywhere. Or if they use 1-2 day shipping, that's not a big deal or an overly significant expense.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
I think we're completely fine tbh, 'cause if our baseline for "rushed season" is TAR12 then it can only mean good things
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Cheery2017

• RFF Not So Newbie
i hope the new season of amazing race will be better than season 29. I want it to be new teams.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
I mean, if other international franchises have no problems with short turnaround time between filming and airing (and with, I assume, less people available in production to do the work than TARUS will have), then it should be no problem for TAR30, if it comes to that.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
i hope the new season of amazing race will be better than season 29. I want it to be new teams.
??

29 was one of the best seasons of all time