Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189498 times)

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Has any TAR race being filmed between the Muslim Ramadan month? Because this year Ramadan month fall between late May - late June, so is it possible that the TAR30 would only start filmed after July 4 just to avoid logistic issue especially if they intended to visit any Muslim countries.

TAR 27 filmed entirely within Ramadan in 2015. Perhaps not coincidentally, it visited no Muslim countries or had any (to my knowledge) Muslim racers.

Granted, I feel like if they're racing this summer they'll likely avoid the Middle East for...reasons...(aside from like, the UAE again or maybe PETRA FINALLY  :groan:). For probably similar reasons I wouldn't expect a Russia or Ukraine leg either. (I will leave it at that  :angel)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Jordan would be great to finally get a visit.

But of countries to be avoided, without getting too political, I doubt TAR would avoid certain countries merely because of political reasons. I almost think they specifically chose Mexico for TAR28 because of all the political discussion about Mexico. So I wouldn't count out a Russia or even Korean DMZ visit again. It would be like avoiding the UK because of the Manchester bombing or Brussels and Paris last year. And they certainly didn't avoid France.

Offline sleipnir

• RFF Not So Newbie
Has any TAR race being filmed between the Muslim Ramadan month? Because this year Ramadan month fall between late May - late June, so is it possible that the TAR30 would only start filmed after July 4 just to avoid logistic issue especially if they intended to visit any Muslim countries.
I think this season was in Ramadan for Tanzania leg .I am pretty sure to hear something about that one of recaps.I think Joey or Mike told about them.Because of that they always wear long clothes in very hot weather
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:56:34 PM by sleipnir »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think Russia also has the hindrance of their visa requirements (cf Terence & Sarah using their transit visa for Russia just to connect to Almaty) or generally how difficult production is (I think after James & Abba there's a hesitation for teams to use gypsy cabs but in most cases that's all that is around). I feel like politics is a fairly obvious issue but I don't think it's the sole reason.

With other countries that are perceived to be dangerous or politically charged (Mexico and Colombia in 28 spring to mind, plus most of the Middle East legs in modern TAR) you're right in that I don't think production actively avoids them, but I think they tend to 'produce' the legs more thoroughly - tasks in smaller, less remote areas, Pit Stops adjusted so that teams race in daylight, sometimes provided flights to the next destination, etc.

That said if they're aiming to increase political discourse Cuba is now fairly easy to get to and there's three franchises' legs to mine from for tasks  :hoot:

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Well, contemporary TAR is generally more produced and tightly structured these days anyway so theoretically they could still visit any country save for the obvious ones plus ones like a Venezuela that's certainly too volatile for any fun Racing or a Saudi Arabia that may be restrictive in terms of what to do.

And about Cuba, I certainly hope they don't mine anything from TAR Canada's Leg. Such a waste of a Leg.  :grins:

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
I think this season was in Ramadan for Tanzania leg .I am pretty sure to hear something about that one of recaps.I think Joey or Mike told about them.Because of that they always wear long clothes in very hot weather

TAR 11 was in Hajj season when they visited Mozambique and Zanzibar, which caused all of the flight issues teams had and lack of flight availability.
Por ti volaré

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Just a guess, but Season 30 would probably (?) not visit Canada...? Especially since they have their own race?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Also, don't know where to post this, but now that Season 29 is over, where do we go from here?

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Just a guess, but Season 30 would probably (?) not visit Canada...? Especially since they have their own race?

Yes. Canada would not go to visit there because of its own TAR. It is very unlikely to go there for the original [in the U.S.] TAR because two reality show franchises are still produced in North America (the original and Canada).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:42:16 AM by claude_24hrs »

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
So it's like saying TAR can't go to Asia because there's TAR Asia? :hug?:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Also, don't know where to post this, but now that Season 29 is over, where do we go from here?

Tar 30. :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
So it's like saying TAR can't go to Asia because there's TAR Asia? :hug?:
I don't understand the point about Canada either.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
One does wonder though why TARUS hasn't done a full Canadian Leg. It can't be the proximity to the US since they've gone to Mexico of course.  And they can't think Canada is too similar to an American city location, for example. Very strange.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
One does wonder though why hasn't done a full Canadian Leg. It can't be the proximity to the US since they've gone to Mexico of course.  And they can't think Canada is too similar to an American city location, for example. Very strange.

If they went far north where the Inuit culture is, yeah that'd be a good leg (think of TARC season 1 Iqaluit. That was like top of the world).

But with US's style of going for the stereotypes, it'd probably just be stuff like Mounties and log rolling (Australia 2)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 03:35:46 PM by Maanca »

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
One does wonder though why TARUS hasn't done a full Canadian Leg. It can't be the proximity to the US since they've gone to Mexico of course.  And they can't think Canada is too similar to an American city location, for example. Very strange.

fwiw if TARUS did a Canada leg I imagine at least one leg would be in a large city; given that I can't trust TARCAN to make a good domestic leg I have little faith of the mothership doing it justice.

Montreal or Quebec City would make for a good first (or penultimate) leg destination, especially in lieu of more expensive European legs.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member

My thoughts exactly. I've always thought it'd be cool for them to have a starting line in Washington, D.C. and then have their first clue be "You're currently in the capital of the United States. Now fly to the capital of Canada - Ottawa." Plus they could make it a public leg (or at least half-public. They could do a few tasks in Ottawa and then take a train to a quieter town like Kingston or Brockville), that way fans could would know where in Ottawa they were going! I think stuff like that might be able to boost ratings in not only the U.S. but in Canada as well!

kaedav

Im Canadian and Canada is VERY different then any American city. I've been to a lot of major cities here. They really should visit Canada cause it will bring up booth ratings and u can have a cheap European like leg in Quebec, a traditional aboriginal leg in the north, an awesome coastal leg out east, a bustling city leg like no other city leg, and a cheap asian leg in Vancouver.

I would also like to c TAR Canada VS USA with a similar format to Hamerotz Lamillion where they r split into two groups (in this case Canada and USA) and then they join in Leg-2. IMAGINE having two American National Hockey players race against two Canadian National Hockey players :funny:

Sry for writing a big oleeee rant

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BVM did mention in an interview (a long time ago) that the point of the race is to put racers outside their element/the known. Putting a leg in English speaking Canada (where the difference to the USA is not a lot) would be contrary to that.

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
BVM did mention in an interview (a long time ago) that the point of the race is to put racers outside their element/the known. Putting a leg in English speaking Canada (where the difference to the USA is not a lot) would be contrary to that.

What about Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, and United Kingdom?
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook

fwiw if TARUS did a Canada leg I imagine at least one leg would be in a large city; given that I can't trust TARCAN to make a good domestic leg I have little faith of the mothership doing it justice.

Montreal or Quebec City would make for a good first (or penultimate) leg destination, especially in lieu of more expensive European legs.

Montreal would be better for a penultimate leg as a largest Francophone city in Canada as teams could arrive from the previous leg in Europe.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Canada MUST have a leg, regardless if they have their own TAR or not.

It is a great country, with great scenery and it would boost ratings in Canada!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Canada ratings don't matter for TAR US  :groan:

kaedav

YES BUT TAR US WILL BRING CANADIAN VIEWERS INTO THE AMERICAN VERSION AND AMERICAN VIEWERS INTO THE CANADIAN VERSION!!!

ITS ALL APART OF THE TAR FRANCHISEEEE

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
With Peach saying that we still don't have a cast, it is likely that production is not planning an all-star season for TAR30.

kaedav

I do not think that is necessary. Tar rates will in Canada and the Canadiam version is not broadcast in the US.

CTV App.