Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189510 times)

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
My sister has a friend who got me some inside route-spoilers. The people who make the route nd design the tasks are considering these 4 countries for if 30 does happen: Switzerland, Germany, Japan, Australia. If its true, these places should make up about 6 legs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
My sister has a friend who got me some inside route-spoilers. The people who make the route nd design the tasks are considering these 4 countries for if 30 does happen: Switzerland, Germany, Japan, Australia. If its true, these places should make up about 6 legs

yes you have posted those as possibles before.  Several times.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Could be wrong here, but isn't it that TAR can't shoot before CBS confirms the show's renewal?

Hoping TAR is getting renewed for 30th season with the schedule upfronts announce on Wednesday. Besides TAR, Elementary and Undercover Boss will also possibly for a renewal.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:33:22 PM by claude_24hrs »

Offline LUZERNLIO

• RFF Not So Newbie

I really want to see the leg in Western China(Chengdu Chongqing) or Laos. If they go to Japan. Kyoto and Nara will be the best choise! Penang and Doha also great.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
All route lists should go in the WISHLISTS thread unless we have REAL spec why or when they might use it please. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
It appears all renewal decisions on all the networks came down to money this season. Cost, network ownership all played the biggest roles in decisions on bubble shows. That's likely true for TAR30 as well.

In addition to being attracted by tourism board incentives, I think a  TAR12-14 Era 11 Leg Race format would help bring down costs as well.

Offline Dzony95

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Bring TAR to Serbia!!! (That is Serbian TAR logo)

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
what's the odd of it being all star?
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Ask CBS.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Cheery2017

• RFF Not So Newbie
I really hope season 30 will go back to the original format. No more themes.

Offline Fifty Shades of Shrek

• RFF Not So Newbie

I really want to see the leg in Western China(Chengdu Chongqing) or Laos. If they go to Japan. Kyoto and Nara will be the best choise! Penang and Doha also great.

Penang in Malaysia is too overrated. Malacca should be visited! It's one of the Malaysia's biggest heritage sites!!!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Penang in Malaysia is too overrated. Malacca should be visited! It's one of the Malaysia's biggest heritage sites!!!

Hey, welcome to RFF!

Just for future reference Wishlists go into this thread... http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html
We've all made the mistake lol

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
If they do a returnee season for S30, I really hope production brings back pre-S12 teams. They really need to honor the show's history.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
From the media thread:

http://www.thewrap.com/amazing-race-creators-on-chances-of-season-30-all-star-strangers-cbs-surprise-renewal-emmys-race-exclusive/

For Season 30, it would seem like a really good idea to do repeat this “strangers schoolyard pick”  format for making teams, but with All Star alumni from the series. Is that something you’re open to: “All Star First Impressions”?

BvM: We’re not going to tell you that. (Both laughing). This is all going to be discussed within the next week with the network. We have a rough idea. But we just need to discuss with the network how we can do it.

ED: We’re open to a lot of things. It’s really what is the best for the show. Everything’s open right now.

Will you entertain some hypothetical All Star stranger teams? What would it be like to have a team of (hysterical and teary) Rachel Reilly and (hysterical) Brooke Camhi (from this season) ….or Hayley (from the Blind Date season).

BvM: We’re not going to give you any help here.

ED: Are you saying that we should mix up the teams up with cast members we have had in the past?

TheWrap: Yes, two person teams of strangers from previous contestants. There could be a celebrity team of Tyler Oakley and New Kid on the Block Jonathan Knight. Though a bit on the nose, we could see super athletes with disabilities Redmond Ramos and Bethany Hamilton team up.

All Star perfect strangers would be great.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
Fans liked this seasons's cast gimmick and WRP tries to do an experiment with "blind" teams and All Stars

But i think All Stars format only would be nice and keep "blind" teams for further season...

But if they want to... That should be an interesting experiment...
what might have been

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
BVM needs to realize no gimmicks would be best considering our current state :res:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
If we have an All-Stars, just DO NOT have mixed teams like the article redwings posted. WORST IDEA EVER AND IT WILL KILL US

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Absolutely NO GIMMICKS PLEASE!!! Give it a break. Give me a diverse cast instead.

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster
Has any TAR race being filmed between the Muslim Ramadan month? Because this year Ramadan month fall between late May - late June, so is it possible that the TAR30 would only start filmed after July 4 just to avoid logistic issue especially if they intended to visit any Muslim countries.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh yes. Remember AllStars when we lost Tanzania? That filmed during Ramadan I believed.

BUT we do not have a cast yet...so unlikely for filming to start that soon.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
Oh yes. Remember AllStars when we lost Tanzania? That filmed during Ramadan I believed.

Uh, I don't think so. That one filmed from November 20 to December 17, 2006 while Ramadan ended during 23 October, so a month difference.
"I will not not be rich" - Renata Klein on Big Little Lies

Offline naejae91

• RFF Frantic Poster

I remember it was not Ramadan month, but instead of southern Africa having summer holiday on December since they're on south hemisphere and it just happened so close with Hajj (Islam pilgrimage) on the same month that cause the flight ticket overbooked.
TAR25/TAR29: Modern classic season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
You guys are the best. It was the Hajj not Ramadan.

RFF's Golden Rule: