Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189496 times)

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
Its hard to say the race is not included in the renewal list for 2017-18 TV season.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/more-tv-news/cbs-renews-16-shows-criminal-minds-and-2-broke-girls-not-among-them-yet/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Why would it be? We have been off the air for a year! They are going to want to see how we do and how the ratings are..so everyone do your part!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
Is 1.1 from last season considered to be good?
On a Thursday night?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
Here's what Deadline says about TAR:
As for The Amazing Race, for the first time since the Emmy heavyweight’s 2001 debut, it will have only one installment this season, which will premiere March 30, replacing Training Day on Thursday. The veteran aired in the Friday 8 PM slot recently but the network found success this season with MacGyver in the hour, which has invigorated the entire night. With all three CBS Friday dramas — MacGyver, Hawaii Five-0 and Blue Bloods — renewed for next season, it is unclear what berths CBS may consider for The Amazing Race beyond bridging the two seasons of Survivor. Yet, it is a legacy series for the network, so another season should be under consideration, if nothing else to bid a proper farewell to the most heralded reality series in Emmy history.

I think that's what most have said here. Even if TAR29 has less than stellar ratings, CBS may pick up TAR30 to give the show a proper farewell, at the very least.

And here's Phil stating the obvious to TVGuide:
The Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan also remains optimistic about the reality show getting picked up for a 30th season -- well, as long as people tune into Season 29, which kicks off next Thursday at 10/9c.

"This is an opportunity for us to go on a new night -- a big night for CBS," Keoghan told TVGuide.com. "People keep asking me, 'Is there going to be 30?' And I say, 'If the audience turns up and they watch the show ... then we'll be back.' It's as simple as that."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 01:06:56 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline CesarAzp1

• RFF Newbie
Hmm... Here's my theory about the contestants

1) From Season 24, Jet and Cord will be the only ones returning for a fourth go, cause Luke and Margie got a second consecutive low finish, and the Globetrotters were too middle-of-the-park. Leo and Jamal will return for a third pop, and so will Brendon and Rachel.
2) From Season 25, it's gotta be Adam and Bethany (who has a biopic! just found out...), and either Brooke and Robbie or Kim and Alli.
3) Haven't watched S26, so I'm going with an old comment and saying Hayley and Blair.
4) From S27, Justin and Diana HAVE TO RETURN. Their dream run was ruined by a whole lotta cab trouble. Tanner and Josh will also return, but Denise and James Earl might too
5) From S28, Brodie and Kurt will return (they remind me of Leo and Jamal). Tyler and Korey will also return, unless they have other stuff to attend to, in which case we will see Sheri and Cole, or maybe even Scott and Blair (#Blodie!) again...
6) From S29, Redmond and Matt are likely to return, cause Redmond has been on CBS before, and Matt has won pro sport events. If Logan and London don't win, they too will return, considering Logan's excitement (Check his IG feed), and London's popularity.

An all-winners season would sound nice, too! Rooting for Matt and Dana on that one!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
:welcome: to RFF CesarAzp1!

I think there may be at LEAST (if not more)  a good chance of a NORMAL season with an all new cast! Having had  so many "gimmick" seasons in a row, I think there is a much interest in going back to TAR Classic. Much will depend on ratings and sponsors...but right now nothing is determined.

And I would love an All Winners...but not until our last season ever!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
if the amazing race gets cancel i am going sue someone i swear

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!

I agree with you Peach. This would be awesome! However, I believe that this would be impossible because they would have to pay for at least 58 racers plus crew. However, it would be great to see!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
An All-Winners season = season with past winners, not season with everyone who's ever won.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
omg :lol:

Offline ghmorello

• RFF Sr. Member

You know you can't do that, right?

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster

You know you can't do that, right?

If TAR sadly did get cancelled, as a consolation I'd like to see ZBC sue some random guy on the street for TAR being cancelled

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Y'all make me laugh!! :hugs:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
If TAR sadly did get cancelled, as a consolation I'd like to see ZBC sue some random guy on the street for TAR being cancelled

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
:welcome: to RFF CesarAzp1!

I think there may be at LEAST (if not more)  a good chance of a NORMAL season with an all new cast! Having had  so many "gimmick" seasons in a row, I think there is a much interest in going back to TAR Classic. Much will depend on ratings and sponsors...but right now nothing is determined.

Absolutely! Honestly I think that's what made Season 27 so great!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
What's the status on Season 30?

Keoghan: That's a good question. I think that depends a lot on how many people turn up to watch 29. I think it's an incredibly competitive television market. I think the reason we didn't get on [earlier this season] was they were trying new things, new shows. A lot of fans have said, "Why Thursday? Why 10 o'clock? Why can't it be this? Why can't it be that?" I've just said the same thing to all of them: "Let's focus on what we do have and what we can do and not what we don't have and what we can't do." This is an opportunity for us to go on a new night -- a big night for CBS ... and let's focus on what's right about this. People keep asking me, "Is there going be 30?" And I say, "If an audience turns up and they watch the show" -- and I do believe we'll get a big plus-3 [in DVR playback] because a lot of families are not going to be watching at 10 o'clock on Thursday, but hopefully we'll get new viewers too who may have missed us before -- "then we'll be back." It's as simple as that.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-race-29-preview-phil-keoghan/?rss=breakingnews
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Expecting huge DVR ratings as well!
Phil explained the fate of the show really well. :)

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
No casting is ongoing now. As stated multiple places, 30 is NOT yet confirmed.

I didn't expect it would come to this so soon. :(

But all hope is not lost! I'm glad to be watching TAR again really soon. :bunny :hoot:

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
hi, i'm new to the forum  :didimiss:
but yeah, if TAR 30 were to go through an oceania route, this is what i'd wish :
Leg 1 : New Zealand , and they could probably visit wellington.
Leg 2 : New Zealand (again), and this time they could delve into Maori cultures and customs.
Leg 3 : LAOS !!
Leg 4 : India (it is over visited I know) India is a very chaotic country and is also brimming with culture and traditions.
Leg 5 : Kazakhstan , visit long overdue from season 13. They could probably visit Almaty.
Leg 6 : Kyrgyzstan , this would be a 1st time visit and also teams could travel by bus from Almaty to Bishkek.
Leg 7 : Israel , they could visit Tel Aviv, the place is beautiful and a few beach themed activities could take place.
Leg 8 : Israel (again) , they could delve into Jewish culture and also if possible visit Rosh Hanikra (for its beautiful grottoes)
Leg 9 : Morocco , I know they had just visited it in season 25 but teams can really partake in a myriad of tasks here.
Leg 10 : Portugal , teams could travel over the strait of gibraltar and drive to portugal. There is quite a lot to do in portugal, but it eould especially be nice if the leg laid emphasis on the portuguese carnival.
Leg 11 : IBIZA ! it's a balearic island that (I think) TAR has never visited before and there's loads of fun activities to do there.
Leg 12 : Some quaint city along the eastern coast, not really sure.
This is just my plan out, thoughts ?

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
 :hello2: and :bigwelcome to the R.F.F., apatheticblues!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
but yeah, if TAR 30 were to go through an oceania route, this is what i'd wish :
Leg 2 : New Zealand (again), and this time they could delve into Maori cultures and customs.
Leg 4 : India (it is over visited I know) India is a very chaotic country and is also brimming with culture and traditions.
Leg 5 : Kazakhstan , visit long overdue from season 13. They could probably visit Almaty.
Leg 6 : Kyrgyzstan , this would be a 1st time visit and also teams could travel by bus from Almaty to Bishkek.
Leg 7 : Israel , they could visit Tel Aviv, the place is beautiful and a few beach themed activities could take place.
Leg 8 : Israel (again) , they could delve into Jewish culture and also if possible visit Rosh Hanikra (for its beautiful grottoes)
Leg 9 : Morocco , I know they had just visited it in season 25 but teams can really partake in a myriad of tasks here.
Leg 10 : Portugal , teams could travel over the strait of gibraltar and drive to portugal. There is quite a lot to do in portugal, but it eould especially be nice if the leg laid emphasis on the portuguese carnival.
Leg 11 : IBIZA ! it's a balearic island that (I think) TAR has never visited before and there's loads of fun activities to do there.

This wishlist goes here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.3700.html
Anyway, I LOVE your wishlist!

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member
:hello2: and :bigwelcome to the R.F.F., apatheticblues!
Thank you for the warm welcome !! I'm glad to be a part of the forum, especially what with the commencement of season 29. Looking forward to great discussions with y'all  :D

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Sr. Member

This wishlist goes here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.3700.html
Anyway, I LOVE your wishlist!
sorry, new to the forum; will need some of your help getting acclimatized to the forum! thank you ! also thanks for the compliment  :D

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
sorry, new to the forum; will need some of your help getting acclimatized to the forum! thank you ! also thanks for the compliment  :D

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! This is a great place I am sure that you will love it here! Thanks for joining us!

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
Is there a chance for Iceland to be visited? Imagine racing beneath the northern lights! :hoot: