Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189575 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No. There is no official confirmation for TAR 30. Phil said at the SF casting call speech he hoped we would get one but need to see 29.

However.... word on the street elsewhere suggests we should get it...the question remains when? Once a year only if we are lucky seems the most probable.

So spread the word!! Keep the FB overwhelmingly negative  TAR comments to a minimum. Try to be constructive.  Show TAR some LOVE!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
No. There is no official confirmation for TAR 30. Phil said at the SF casting call speech he hoped we would get one but need to see 29.

However.... word on the street elsewhere suggests we should get it...the question remains when? Once a year only if we are lucky seems the most probable.

So spread the word!! Keep the FB overwhelmingly negative  TAR comments to a minimum. Try to be constructive.  Show TAR some LOVE!!

Once a year? Are they serious? Hopefully 2 to be filmed this year.  TAR please :dontgo:

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
I'm kind of curious about the sources for the alternate teams for season 24. I can understand Gary and Mallory definitely being there and Mallory being easy to sub in. Were Andy and Tommy really cut last minute? In favor of who?
Andy & Tommy and Pam & Winnie were originally in the cast but got cut, I dont know who to. Tim & Marie declined. Amani & Marcus got asked back but also had to deline. I think Trey & Lexi were considered bur Im not 100% sure

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Evidence for Pam& Winnie?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
IF 29 does well and there's a strike...maybe we will see 2 this year???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
My other source is TV Tropes

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Please give credit if you are quoting someone else.

But no more Miss Cleo...he is not welcome here.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Drake

• RFF Jr. Member
TAR 30? They didn't even update the Amazing Race Casting website :(

The filming dates for the season we are casting are sometime between October 2016 and January 2017.
http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Faq

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
No casting is ongoing now. As stated multiple places, 30 is NOT yet confirmed.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
I have a question for RealthyFan11:

How do u know that India will be visited, if TAR30 comes?

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
I know you didn't ask me, but obviously no one KNOWS, this is speculation. :lol:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I know you didn't ask me, but obviously no one KNOWS, this is speculation. :lol:

Yeah yeah I know, however RealthyFan11 put I Know against India

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
Why is Andy Denhart (aka ReallityBlurred) not welcome here? Sincerely curious.

Please give credit if you are quoting someone else.

But no more Miss Cleo...he is not welcome here.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Why is Andy Denhart (aka ReallityBlurred) not welcome here? Sincerely curious.

Andy is perfectly welcome here. He does good investigative work, and is always careful to give credit, as I hope we do here as well. Sometimes we disagree on out conclusions, but that's what makes research fun!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lmh1988

• RFF Not So Newbie
I really think a true All-Star season could revive the series, it would be a good way to go for season 30. I know CBS loves to say no older teams but I really think classic teams like Charla & Mirna and Dustin & Kandace could draw some viewers in (yes, I know they've raced twice already but if some of the teams we've had can race three teams, these two teams more than deserve that opportunity).

Colin & Christie would be amazing to see race again, or what about Flo & Zach or Tara & Wil? Even though some of these teams may not have been previously interested, they may be now after all of these years.

Amazing Race was at its height of popularity when we had  the classic moment of Lena & Kristy never finding their clue in the hay bales, that's something even casual fans will remember, they deserve to race again and really should have been on Unfinished Business. And although some people aren't fans, even another Rob & Amber run would surely catch some eyes.

These are just a few examples of course, but we have some amazing classic teams that if CBS would actually do another real All-Star season, I believe we could get a lot of viewers to tune in.

Spencer.LoL

iam so nervous take a peek this spoiler thread, but nothing spoiled yet  :bump
i don't want a all star season! i want just like previous season, with some famous contestant, that will lighten up the show
lil' bit tyler-korey or brodie-blair
maybe they can go to northern japan, where those macacque warm themself at onsen, and contestant have to bath with them

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I really think a true All-Star season could revive the series, it would be a good way to go for season 30.

I personally think another All Stars right now would be the kiss of death. We have had gimmick season after gimmick season for far too many seasons now and the ratings show that WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Time for TAR CLASSIC. Great casting with a variety of age groups and then give us a TAR 5 level route, challenging well balanced tasks, Lee Sanders epic music and watch the ratings rebound!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
I really think a true All-Star season could revive the series, it would be a good way to go for season 30.

I personally think another All Stars right now would be the kiss of death. We have had gimmick season after gimmick season for far too many seasons now and the ratings show that WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH. Time for TAR CLASSIC. Great casting with a variety of age groups and then give us a TAR 5 level route, challenging well balanced tasks, Lee Sanders epic music and watch the ratings rebound!

I agree. I think a great normal season is key. And when I say normal, I don't mean 27 where the route was very normal (when Rotterdam and the other side of Victoria Falls was your only new locations...). But normal as in 11 teams of pre-existing relationships (good ones of course) and a gimmick or twist free route with more emphasis on the route and tasks instead.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I would just LOVE an All-Star season!

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
People are tired of returnees, I also think it wouldn't be a good idea to make an All Stars season right now.

The best option is to make a normal season, without any special theme, just a normal season like the firsts ones. No celebrities or mid-celebrities, no youtubers, no basketball players.. just-normal-people!
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
People are tired of returnees, I also think it wouldn't be a good idea to make an All Stars season right now.

The best option is to make a normal season, without any special theme, just a normal season like the firsts ones. No celebrities or mid-celebrities, no youtubers, no basketball players.. just-normal-people!

Agreed!!!

The people listed in a previous post for an All-Star season... I have no desire to see any of them on my screen again and would definitely not watch.  Several of them were OK the 1 time I saw them but that was enough.  And, some I didn't like the first time so no way I want to see them again.

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
I have a question for RealthyFan11:

How do u know that India will be visited, if TAR30 comes?
I dont know if India will be visited. I said "I know" because a lot of people dont want it to be visited and and I thought someone would be like "Really?" So i wrote "I know" meaning that I know we dont want to go there but it might

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Full Member
As somone who cares about TAR history, there's nothing more I would like than old-school teams returning and getting the respect they deserve. However, I don't see this happening for multiple reasons.

1. Many teams have been moved on and aren't part of the TAR community. The (Real) All-Stars aka S11 aired over 10 years ago.
2. CBS and producers have very limited interest in anything before S14 (aside from minor Switchbacks). Both have said they're not interesting in reaching back that far.
3. Honoring the show's history has never been a priority (just look at pretending S24 was the first "All-Stars").

I really think a true All-Star season could revive the series, it would be a good way to go for season 30. I know CBS loves to say no older teams but I really think classic teams like Charla & Mirna and Dustin & Kandace could draw some viewers in (yes, I know they've raced twice already but if some of the teams we've had can race three teams, these two teams more than deserve that opportunity).

Colin & Christie would be amazing to see race again, or what about Flo & Zach or Tara & Wil? Even though some of these teams may not have been previously interested, they may be now after all of these years.

Amazing Race was at its height of popularity when we had  the classic moment of Lena & Kristy never finding their clue in the hay bales, that's something even casual fans will remember, they deserve to race again and really should have been on Unfinished Business. And although some people aren't fans, even another Rob & Amber run would surely catch some eyes.

These are just a few examples of course, but we have some amazing classic teams that if CBS would actually do another real All-Star season, I believe we could get a lot of viewers to tune in.