Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189537 times)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Re: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation (Will contain 29 Cast and Location Spoilers)
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2017, 01:07:41 PM »
Question, about how much of TAR's budget is subsidized by the local tourism offices/departments? Do some countries pay more than others? (Maybe some not at all? and they only provide logistical support, etc?)

I only ask because it got me thinking about how Indonesia basically paid for half of TARA5. And if TARUS is to survive past TAR29, one way that would be possible is for them to reach out to countries/local offices who would be willing to basically pay for that TAR commercial time, lessening the "out of pocket" expense for TAR itself which will surely have an even lower budget moving forward, regardless.
Hmm... I understand the budget matters, but don't you think that, if TAR keeps losing viewers (or even stays steadily 'low' as it is now), CBS will try to find new shows to replace it and potentially get more viewers? Hunted seems like such a trial to me tbh..

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2017, 02:37:27 AM »
Hmm... I understand the budget matters, but don't you think that, if TAR keeps losing viewers (or even stays steadily 'low' as it is now), CBS will try to find new shows to replace it and potentially get more viewers? Hunted seems like such a trial to me tbh..
Obviously. It'll already take a miracle for TAR30 to ever exist. That's why if ever that miracle happened, getting funded by local tourism agencies may help make it happen like Indonesia did for TARA5.

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2017, 12:27:01 PM »
Countries I think will be visited on TAR30:
● Australia
● Fiji
● Japan
● Taiwan
● India
● Germany
● Switzerland

Countries I want to be viisted on TAR30
● South Africa
● Kenya
● Cyprus
● Belize
● Finland

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2017, 12:36:12 PM »
Let's use the WISHLIST thread please.

Since Taiwan and Fiji sponsored the latest casting call we could def see them.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2017, 04:50:01 PM »
Countries I think will be visited on TAR30:
● Australia
● Fiji
● Japan
● Taiwan
● India
● Germany
● Switzerland

Countries I want to be viisted on TAR30
● South Africa
● Kenya
● Cyprus
● Belize
● Finland

:welcome2: :hello2: :bigwelcome to RFF, RealityFan11!

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
For speculation about locations, particularly countries visited, I'm going to look at the last 10 seasons (20-29).

There were 8 new countries visited during this period (Paraguay, Azerbaijan, Malta, Monaco, Zimbabwe, Colombia, Armenia, & Georgia); although not technically countries themselves, French Polynesia, Northern Ireland, and Wales could be included in this list. That averages out to about 1 new country per season, so I predict one new country to be visited in Season 30. As for that, let's look at other countries first.

So I looked at each country visited in each season, including French Polynesia, Northern Ireland, & Wales (but not the US Virgin Islands, as it is a territory of the host country - the United States). I produced the following list. Note that the number next to each country is the number of times the country had been visited before each respective season. The number next to each season number is each of its countries added up. I'm going to call the number next to each season number it's "score."

Twenty (29)
• Argentina (4)
• Paraguay (0)
• Italy (4)
• Germany (6)
• Azerbaijan (0)
• Tanzania (2)
• India (9)
• Japan (4)

Twenty One (27)
• China (9)
• Indonesia (1)
• Bangladesh (1)
• Turkey (1)
• Russia (5)
• Netherlands (3)
• Spain (2)
• France (5)

Twenty Two (23)
• French Polynesia (0)
• New Zealand (3)
• Indonesia (2)
• Vietnam (3)
• Botswana (1)
• Switzerland (3)
• Germany (7)
• Scotland (1)
• Northern Ireland (0)
• England (3)

Twenty Three (21)
• Chile (3)
• Portugal (1)
• Norway (2)
• Poland (1)
• Austria (4)
• United Arab Emirates (2)
• Indonesia (3)
• Japan (5)

Twenty Four (31)
• China (10)
• Malaysia (4)
• Sri Lanka (1)
• Italy (5)
• Switzerland (4)
• Spain (3)
• England (4)
• Wales (0)

Twenty Five (22)
• England (5)
• Scotland (2)
• Denmark (1)
• Sweden (3)
• Morocco (2)
• Italy (6)
• Malta (0)
• Singapore (2)
• Philippines (1)

Twenty Six (31)
• Japan (6)
• Thailand (5)
• Germany (8)
• France (6)
• Monaco (0)
• Namibia (1)
• Netherlands (4)
• Peru (1)

Twenty Seven (45)
• Brazil (4)
• Argentina (5)
• Zambia (1)
• Zimbabwe (0)
• France (7)
• Netherlands (5)
• Poland (2)
• India (10)
• China (11)

Twenty Eight (33)
• Mexico (1)
• Colombia (0)
• Switzerland (5)
• France (8)
• Armenia (0)
• Georgia (0)
• United Arab Emirates (3)
• Indonesia (4)
• China (12)

Twenty Nine (27)
• Panama (2)
• Brazil (5)
• Tanzania (3)
• Norway (3)
• Italy (7)
• Greece (1)
• Vietnam (4)
• South Korea (2)

The average score is 28.9, so I'm going to reasonably assume Season Thirty will have a score of 29. So how will it get to 29? Well, it depends on the countries visited. Of the last ten seasons, all but one visited either 8 or 9 foreign countries, with Season Twenty Two visiting 10. Let's be liberal and say that Season Thirty will visit nine foreign countries. If just two of those are China and India, then Season Thirty will already have a score of 24! Unless the remaining countries have only been visited once before or not at all, then the score will overshoot our goal of 29.

So, let's talk about continents. As I ❤️ TAR mentioned, South America will probably be skipped, as it has been visited in each of the last four seasons. Seasons Twenty Eight and Twenty Nine both visited North America, both Spanish-Speaking countries (Mexico and Panama, respectively). As such I believe Season Thirty will skip North America UNLESS it is an English speaking country like Belize, Canada, the Bahamas, or a small Caribbean island. But I personally believe this chance is small. As for Africa, I personally do not think it will be visited. It has been visited in six of the last ten seasons. It's a true toss up honestly, but I personally think it will be skipped.

With this, I can predict a visit to Oceania, Asia, and Europe, probably in that order too. If Season Thirty starts off with two legs in Australia (as everyone - including me - is predicting), it will start out with a score of 4. So, legs 3-11 will have a combined score of 25, with 7 or 8 countries left to visit. Let's just divide up the remaining 9 legs between Asia and Europe for all intents and purposes, and say that legs 3-6 are in Asia and 7-11 are in Europe. Where will legs 3, 4, 5, & 6 going to take place? I'd say safe guessed are countries with scores of 0, 1, 2, and 3 are as follows:

Asian Countries with Scores of 0:
• Brunei
• Laos
• Myanmar
• Qatar
• Nepal
• Bhutan
• Kyrgyzstan
• Uzbekistan
• Jordan

Asian Countries with Scores of 1:
• Armenia
• Azerbaijan
• Georgia
• Kazakhstan
• Kuwait
• Mongolia

Asian Countries with Scores of 2:
• Bangladesh
• Cambodia
• Oman
• Philippines
• Sri Lanka
• Taiwan

Asian Countries with Scores of 3:
• Singapore
• South Korea

Now of course South Korea and the Caucasus are out. I'd reasonably assume Philippines, Brunei or Laos, and Singapore to take up legs 3-5 or 6, with leg 6 or possibly 7 in the Middle East or one of the Stans.

Now if legs 1-6 follow as stated, we have achieved a score of between 10-15. With legs 7-11 in Europe, we have roughly 14-19 points to go to achieve our goal of 29. This will be pretty easy, especially considering that every winter season since Season Fourteen has visited a Germanic country in Central Europe. If we say leg 7 is in Germany, that adds 9 points to our score! This is okay, as there are several unvisited countries in Europe. Let's analyze Europe as we just did with Asia:

European countries with a score of 0:
• Latvia
• Slovakia
• Slovenia
• Luxembourg
• Bulgaria
• Serbia
• Albania
• Bosnia & Herzegovina
• Montenegro
• Macedonia

European countries with a score of 1:
• Belgium
• Croatia
• Czech Republic
• Estonia
• Finland
• Hungary
• Iceland
• Ireland
• Lithuania
• Liechtenstein
• Malta
• Monaco
• Romania
• Ukraine

European countries with a score of 2:
• Denmark
• Greece
• Portugal
• turkey

European countries with a score of 3:
• Poland

I'd say that, especially with a leg or two in countries with a high score like Germany, France, or Italy, 3 or 4 legs could be located in countries with scores of one or zero!

As for the finale. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the there have only been three times the finale had teams fly from Europe to the West Coast (Seasons Thirteen, Fifteen, and Twenty Four). I'd say a finale in Seattle or California is inviting, especially since these three seasons ended in Portland (13) and Las Vegas (15 & 24).

Thus concludes my analysis. Enjoy :)
Netherlands was actually visited 4 times prior to TAR21, so when you add up the scores you are 3 points off, however the average is 29.2 which rounds to 29 so you're good

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2017, 04:23:11 PM »
Well, I am hoping for a Season 30, and think it would be the good time to give it a final sendoff. And 30 is a nice round number, to cap off a nice run on TV.

But with CBS, I don't see it as likely. And even more rare to do final sendoffs with reality shows.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2017, 06:14:21 PM »
I am thinking/hoping it is WHEN not IF.  And that it will be a yearly show thereafter.

But :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2017, 07:05:13 PM »
Why are they wasting money on casting calls if they are not going to shoot 30?

I Think this show is quite cheap to produce and does amazing in Canada and most countries outside of the US

I think 29 will do especially well

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 30: Pre
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2017, 07:14:22 PM »

"They" meaning who??  CBS??

CBS did NOT pay for the SF casting call. Taiwan Tourism did.

And let's say :thankyou:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theamazingracer21

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »

"They" meaning who??  CBS??

CBS did NOT pay for the SF casting call. Taiwan Tourism did.

And let's say :thankyou:
Thank you Taiwan Tourism.

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2017, 09:39:36 PM »
I'm hoping that Season 30 will never be the last ever season. I would be so freaking pissed. It was TAR that fuelled my passion to travel.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2017, 10:50:52 PM »
TAR 30 NEEDS to come!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #163 on: February 21, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
I don't really understand some people here saying that TAR is a cheap show to make ??? Surely buying so many tickets last minute (for all the production), paying for the teams stays and various props is expensive?

I am certainly unable to give concrete sums, but I'd assume TAR is much much more expensive that BB or Survivor.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: February 21, 2017, 05:44:05 PM »
I don't remember the source but Reality is almost always cheaper than Scripted shows.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: February 22, 2017, 08:32:23 AM »
I don't really understand some people here saying that TAR is a cheap show to make ??? Surely buying so many tickets last minute (for all the production), paying for the teams stays and various props is expensive?

I am certainly unable to give concrete sums, but I'd assume TAR is much much more expensive that BB or Survivor.

Production generally doesn't have to buy tickets at the last minute. They know in advance where the race is going. Maybe every once in a while events cause them to have to make a last minute change in plans, but not often enough to be a budget buster. Even Phil and BVM can probably buy tickets in advance. Teams and camera crews have to buy last minute tickets at high cost, but the cost goes down as teams get eliminated. Even in an early leg, with 40-50 people buying last minute tickets, it probably doesn't often exceed $100,000 for the last minute tickets and that's not an overly big expense for an hour long show that doesn't have to pay for a studio or build sets, etc. Overall, travel is probably the biggest expense for the show.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2017, 11:50:21 PM »

Production generally doesn't have to buy tickets at the last minute. They know in advance where the race is going. Maybe every once in a while events cause them to have to make a last minute change in plans, but not often enough to be a budget buster. Even Phil and BVM can probably buy tickets in advance. Teams and camera crews have to buy last minute tickets at high cost, but the cost goes down as teams get eliminated. Even in an early leg, with 40-50 people buying last minute tickets, it probably doesn't often exceed $100,000 for the last minute tickets and that's not an overly big expense for an hour long show that doesn't have to pay for a studio or build sets, etc. Overall, travel is probably the biggest expense for the show.

I don't think they rarely buy last-minute flights anymore, the flights look like they are usually provided.

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
Speculation on TAR 30 and Reviews on All Stars
« Reply #167 on: March 01, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »
So, The Amazing Race 29 has been offical by CBS, however that does remind us an important question: Whats going on for Season 30? Everyone wants to know if its all stars or all newbies or maybe even fans vs favs like Survivor and the route, aka the idea of the show.
So, I will begin. The Amazing Race has been on a decrease, however if TAR29 & 30 were incredible, the show is right back on track. I think an All-Star season would occur for either 30 or 32, if the latter occurs. But in order to know what will happen for another allstars, we should review on the recent all-stars.

THE AMAZING 24- ALL STARS II
The season was a flop. Easy tasks, not culturally or diversity like it should be, bad cast, simple route. Lets attack the season one by one, beginning with cast.

THE RACERS
Jet & Cord (S16- 2nd Place/ S18- 6th Place): Their the most memorable team ever. Southern charm, high likability, physical prowess. However, they did somewhat poorly in Unfinished Business and it showed that they are not that good at the metagame. They turned it around in S24 but then again, the season was so easy that it mightve matched their strategic abilities. I am not a fan of 3 time racers, however I was fine wirh them competing in the season.

Margie & Luke (S14- 3rd Place/ S18- 8th Place): I loved them in 14. In 18, they fall really flat, which is why they returned. I kinda wished they didnt because of 3 reasons. 1) It was their third time. 2) I knew pre-race that they werent gonna finish their chapter; they got eliminated in Sri Lanka and had no shot at winning after the airport bad luck they occurred. 3) Seeing the same teams race is boring.

Flight Time &Big Easy (S15- 4th Place/ S18- 2nd Place): Information leeches, way too loud and annoying, plus they pissed a lot of the fanbase off in S18. The only memorable stuff in 24 with them was that they struggled fitting into cabs.

Brenchel (S20- 3rd Place): They sucked in S20 but I knew they were memorable from both their big brother experience and rheir constant mood swings. I am glad that they raced better this season so I dont have much of a complaint except that it was stunt casting, again.

Bopper & Mark (S20- 5th Place)/ Mallory (S17- 6th Place/ S18- 3rd Place): I rrslly wished that Bopper couldve competed and I loved them so much in s20. When I found out about the combo of Mark &Mallory, i had two different feelings. I knew they wouldnt do well (which happened) but I wanted them to win, mainly for Bopper.

Natalie & Nadiya (S21- 4rth Place): They were excellent racers and I shocked & pissed that they were out first. I was so glad they got redemption in survivor.

Jessica &John (S22- 9th Place): They do deserve to race again after their villainous portrayls and snafu wih the express pass, but they belong in a second chance season.

Dave &Connor (S22- 8th Place): Im happy they got a second chance but they deserve a second chance season. All stars is best of the best; not most memorable from 2 or 3 seasons ago. They also dominated but it was an easy route and they took things very personal.

Joey & Meghan (S22- 5th Place): Only complaint is that they werent great at the race; only placed higher than fourth one time.

Caroline & Jenn (S22- 4rth Place): No explanation needed, but i did wish they won

Leo & Jamal (S23- 4rth Place): Constant eating of the scenery, always lying, and fun personalities made them great for the season. Sole difference between them in S23 and 24 is that they struggled less in 24.

ALTERNATE RACERS:
Gary (Same as Mallory): I feel like Gary & Mallory made more sense rhan Mark &Mallory, and if one racer is sick than the whole team cant race.

Amani & Marcus (S19- 3rd Place): WTH?

Andy & Tommy (S19- 4rth Place): Very strategic, comedic, likeable, and strong but also controversial; perfect for the season, but they got cut at the last minute.

Trey & Lexi (S21- 3rd Place): They deserve to return and are very popular

Pam & Winnie (S22- 7th Place): If there had to be a low placing team return, it should be them. They were good racers, great sarcasm too, but one struggle at the detour cost them.

Tim & Marie (S23- 2nd Place): Villains and funny, i wanted them to race but Marie didnt want to do it again

Rachel &Dave and Bill & Cathi werent alternates but do deserve a shoutout since they do desrve to race again. Art & JJ, Nicky & Kim, and Jaymes & James in my opinion are good considerations.

ROUTE
China- I expected it to be visited once again. But 2 legs in the same city is very boring.
Malaysia- Cool that they went there bc I did not expect it.
Sri Lanka- Its very cool when they visit countties after a long time or never before.
Italy- I love Italy but i didnt want to see just Rome and one village city. Venice would be cool plus they could a venchi chocolate taste task similar to the Indian tea taste in s18.
Switzerland- Beautiful but very recent
Spain- They messed up the trip to Spain. Nothing with the culture was in the leg.
England- Great country but it was being used over and over in that time era.

ALTERNATE ROUTE
Philippines- Originally in the route but got cut bc of a typhoon, which made them visit it next season.
Australia- Melbourne was supposed to be visited but it got cut for unknown reasons.

If TAR30 is All-Stars, I think they will make it not be like S24. I think much better casting would occur.

Teams Probably in next All Stars
◆ Adam & Bethany (S25- 3rd Place)
◆ Kym & Alli (S25- 5th Place)
◆ Matt & Ashley (S26- 5th Place)
◆ Justin & Diana (S27- 2nd Place)
◆ Tiffany & Krista (S27- 4rth Place)
◆ Ty & Korey (S28- 3rd Place)
◆ Burnie & Ashley (S28- 4rrh Place)

Teams that might return
◆ Brooke & Rob (S25- 4rrh Place)/ They broke up
◆ Hayley & Blair (S26- 3rd Place)/ Hayley is engaged i believe which would be awkward
◆ Tanner & Josh (S27- 6th Place)/ Theyre popular and archrivals of JD
◆ Brodie & Blair (S28- 5th/7th Place)/ Are they the new Eric & Dani?

POSSIBLE COUNTRIES FOR ROUTE
● Japan
● India (I know)
● Poland
● Austria
● Germany
● Australia
● Fiji
● Taiwan
● Kenya
● Cyprus
● Switz

What do yall think will or should occur?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 07:57:44 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Speculation on TAR 30 and Reviews on All Stars
« Reply #168 on: March 01, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
You lost me at "Their the most memorable team ever"

:lol:

Offline RealityFan11

• RFF Jr. Member
Correction: Their one of the most memorable teams ever

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Meh. The reason they're memorable to me is because they're horribly overrated as people and as a team that "could be back each season" per every other casual viewer. If they weren't cast for S24, I wouldn't even remember them that much, but that season just spiced my hate of them being put on a piedestal.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Ironically, it was their 24 outing that might be less offensive in general because Dave & Connor were much worse. :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2017, 08:25:34 PM »
Remember...all the cancer stuff was EDITING...NOT their race choice.

Hayley is very happily married now. Which does not rule out racing with Blair again.

And sadly, Bill of Bill/Cathi has died.

No matter how much I loved them, I  would hope never to see one team race three times again..

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
I'm kind of curious about the sources for the alternate teams for season 24. I can understand Gary and Mallory definitely being there and Mallory being easy to sub in. Were Andy and Tommy really cut last minute? In favor of who?

Online Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
I get that this is the speculation thread, but it does make me wonder what we actually, truly know for season 30? Has it even been confirmed by CBS?
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman