Author Topic: TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 189507 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Death nell

Have to agree Think family edition. The big complaint was not the families but the fact it barely left the US.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
TAR won't stay in USA. It's not Family edition.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
I agree with this route, but I would make some minor changes:
Leg 2: NEEDS TO BE IN TASMANIA! This island nation is just so beautiful!
Legs 6 and 7: Need to take place in Sri Lanka. India is overused
 :funny:

Sri Lanka is unlikely giving a chance to visit which was last visited in TAR 24.

As my post in page 1, South Africa is taking a chance for visit. First in Port Elizabeth for safari and rural tasks and the second leg in Cape Town which is more urban and cultural.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I agree with this route, but I would make some minor changes:
Leg 2: NEEDS TO BE IN TASMANIA! This island nation is just so beautiful!
Legs 6 and 7: Need to take place in Sri Lanka. India is overused
 :funny:

Sri Lanka is unlikely giving a chance to visit which was last visited in TAR 24.

As my post in page 1, South Africa is taking a chance for visit. First in Port Elizabeth for safari and rural tasks and the second leg in Cape Town which is more urban and cultural.

Hopefully they replace India with South Africa. A beautiful country, that is very underused!

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Tbh India was overused but now it's really not visited much.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
Yeah, India was only visited once in the last nine seasons, so I wouldn't mind seeing it in TAR30 at all! And I do think it's a big possibility, unless they produce a similar leg in another chaotic Asian country or do an urban African leg like Ghana in TAR17.

Offline Cheery2017

• RFF Not So Newbie
I really hope season 30 consists of good and strong returnees.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Death nell

Have to agree Think family edition. The big complaint was not the families but the fact it barely left the US.

It works for Canada. TAR Canada consistently gets great ratings. Sure there were some who complained that the producers were being cheap by not leaving Canada in the first season, but there were a greater number who complained when it did leave in the second season.

As BVM has repeatedly pointed out, the show isn't about the destinations and the tasks, its about the relationships between contestants.

I think they should try it - if not the whole race than a couple of US legs in the middle to shake things up a bit.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Thoughts on a couple countries Brannock listed:

As far as European countries, there's a possibility Ukraine may be blacklisted. After Phil got detained there back in Season 10 (luckily the Ambassador was a fan or it could have dragged on longer than it did, so filming didn't get held up), they've never been back. Plus the Crimean conflicts with Russia now.

Is Jordan even safe? That's in an iffy area for Americans.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Thoughts on a couple countries Brannock listed:

As far as European countries, there's a possibility Ukraine may be blacklisted. After Phil got detained there back in Season 10 (luckily the Ambassador was a fan or it could have dragged on longer than it did, so filming didn't get held up), they've never been back. Plus the Crimean conflicts with Russia now.

Is Jordan even safe? That's in an iffy area for Americans.

I mentioned Ukraine because, if you refer to my analysis, I listed it under countries in Europe with a score of 1. I personally do not think Ukraine will be visited for a while.

As for Jordan, it is a safe country! Sites like Old Town Amman, Wadi Rum, and Petra would be spectacular for the amazing race!
"Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit." -Frank Borman

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
Silly question I know but:
When will the season be filmed?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Maybe if you read post one you'll find your answer there.

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Silly question I know but:
When will the season be filmed?

Sometime between October 2016 & January 2017.

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
I speculate (and hope that) they will visit the following countries in a westard route
Total : 9 Countries, 4 Continents (2 New countries)

Leg 1 : Melbourne, Australia
Leg 2 : Rural place in Australia (Cairns / Darwin)

Australia is way overdue to be visited (12 seasons gap since TAR 18). Usually the first leg will be in a place where air travel is more convenient from the US.
Therefore, I think they will choose a big city to host Leg 1, before going to a rural place to show the adventurous Australia.
In this case, Melbourne is probably the first choice.

Leg 3 : Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

The new country for this season. A good showcase of Huli culture, alike the New Zealand native culture in TAR 13

Leg 4 : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Leg 5 : Vientiane, Laos

Cambodia is way overdue again (season 15), plus the canceled visit to Laos from season 19, forming the tropic Asia legs for this season

Leg 6 : Mumbai, India
Leg 7 : Rural India

India is always great place to host chaotic legs, especially in the big city of Mumbai, which itself is not visited for a long long period of time (last was season 12)
Rural India is only visited in TAR 4 where Tian & Jaree broke their record. This leg could also be the Emmy - winning episode which provides "inspirational message" for the audience

Leg 8 : Helsinki, Finland

Icy scenery to replace the commonly-used Switzerland

Leg 9 : Budapest, Hungary

City with beautiful night view, can host a good night leg, like Berlin in season 22

Leg 10 : Barcelona, Spain
Leg 11 : Madrid, Spain

Return to some countries that are commonly visited to end the race
Train travel is to be arranged when traveling from Barcelona to Spain, in order to shorten the gap between teams (like Shanghai > Xian in season 6)
Leg 11 is usually hosted in place where air travel is convenient enough to get racers back to US easily
Madrid definitely suits this case
I think I would choose Fiji over Papua New Guinea

Moreover,the intended Laos leg in TAR 19 can be used
And also,I think Brunei can be an option if they visit Asia

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!

Leg 3 : Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea

I HIGLY doubt they´ll go there....

With only 350,000 people living in Port Moresby, this city still gets to enter the top 10 dangerous cities in the world. Theft, rape, murders and auto theft happen on a daily basis, and it is recommended not to use public transportation. Beside all these concern reasons, the entire area is submitted to seismic activities, landslides and tsunamis.

http://www.uncoverdiscover.com/facts/top-10-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world/port-moresby-papua-new-guinea/
"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
I DO hope they visit Fiji (over Papua New Guinea), Brunei (over Phmon Penh) and South Africa (over India)

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
Ukraine and Belarus is a good idea

Offline WafflesAndpancakes

• RFF Not So Newbie
My Speculation for Amazing Race 30
Leg 1: Melbourne , Australia
Leg 2: Tasmania, Australia
Australia is waay overdue and I think Melbourne and Tasmania would be great for another visit.
Leg 3: Vientiane, Laos
Been waiting forever for Laos to be visited. If they went to Laos, I would love to see it being a bit messy and dirty and difficult.
Leg 4 NayPyiDaw / Yangon , Myanmar
Same with Laos, I would love to see this one get a visit. But I think it would be great if the leg was more about culture and tradition.
Leg 5: Luanda,Angola/Cape Town, South Africa
Leg 6: Reykjavik, Iceland
Would be a great substitute instead of Denmark, Sweden and Norway. I have heard that this country was neutral in war and very peaceful.
Leg 7: Minsk, Belarus
Leg 8: Ibiza, Spain
Leg 9: Madrid, Spain
Leg 10:Havana, Cuba
(Zach King in the Amazing Race Season 28 lol)
Leg 11: Belmopan, Belize
Being known as the Garden City, it would be nice to see a leg here especially because of its scenery.
Leg 12: Seattle, Washington

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
If TAR is going to end with TAR30, then it should be an All-Time All-Stars list. The 12 most memorable, best teams from all 29 previous seasons.  Go out with a bang and then maybe CBS can resurrect TAR after a little break.

BUT! I think before TAR truly dies and with TAR Canada, for some reason, falling out of favor with CTV, a TAR: US vs Canada should absolutely be given a try first before obituaries should be written for the show.  It's a win-win for everyone.  CBS and CTV split costs, Bertram & Co still have work, fans still have a show to watch. 

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
MYOB puh-leez!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 05:00:38 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
We aren't dead :tup:

Might get knocked to one show a year, but def not dead.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster

Well said! We will never end! #StandByTAR

Offline Brannockdevice

• RFF Sr. Member
Yeah! Just remember that season 1 premiered just a week before 9/11. International travel was FROWNED upon, and the Amazing Race is still here, 29 seasons and 15 years later!

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

One show a year.... Hopefully it never happens. Fingers crossed that TAR gets higher ratings.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:24:57 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline docol

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Can't wait 4 "The Amazing Race" 35...!!!!!!!!
it's THIS confirmed??? If not, it depends of what to know if we're not getting 2 seasons per year?????

"" JUSTICE 4 DUSTIN&KANDICE: PUT THEM ON THE AMAZING RACE LEGENDS SEASON ""