Archive > The Amazing Race 30

TAR 30: Pre-Race Speculation

(1/116) > >>

georgiapeach:
The TAR casting thread has NOT updated its homepage. Same one for pre-29.

However, the FAQ's alone have been updated, and now read:

--- Quote ---We are casting now for a race that travels sometime between October 2016 and January 2017,  for approximately 25-30 days.
--- End quote ---

http://www.theamazingracecasting.com/Faq

Interesting indeed, as TAR 30 has widely been speculated to be another returning racers of some sort.

If I remember correctly, the Application page for the last All-Stars was not updated before the Race. ???

This is interesting because for the first time in ages we are not on the Fall Schedule. Possibly to give TPTB a chance to take a close look at 29 and be sure this unusual cast worked as well as we hoped. Possibly to see what the Emmy brings. Possibly due to ratings.

But 30 filming was never in doubt from what I have been hearing.

But this may suggest that there is some consideration now being given for a non all returning racers season. Or not.  :funny:

Giving all this, seems time to proceed with some pre-race SPECULATION, discussion on the possibility of returning racers vs not, and more.

Note that this is NOT a Wishlist thread. Educated spec on locations is okay, as is discussion on casting.

But WISHLISTS will be deleted.

I don't think we can avoid discussion of the cast and locations of TAR 29, but ANY OUTCOME REVEALS will NOT be allowed. So please be VERY careful.

Have fun!

georgiapeach:
I ♥ TAR got us started, here is that post!

--- Quote from: I ♥ TAR on August 12, 2016, 08:44:17 PM ---I hope it isn't to early for this thread... 

Season 30 is supposed to filming sometime between October 2016 and January 2017 according to TAR casting website.

So let's speculate!  :conf: :cheer:

From last 4 seasons, 3 seasons were with some gimmick so I guess TAR 30 will be another classic one, also because it's beggining of new "3x" era, so they will try this season to be memorable.

My guess is only 4 MF teams because of TAR 26/TAR 29 with 9 MF teams in casts, and TAR 27/TAR 28 where all 5 MF teams made F7. Combination of 4 MM & 3 FF or 4 FF & 3 MM then.

Route:

South America - We had SA visited 4 seasons in the row which is record for TAR, so I'm think no SA for this season. Definitely not in the first legs again, I think.

Australia and Oceania - Last visit in season 22. I think it's time. Melbourne? Tasmania?

Africa - I would say yes. Guessing some safari legs in already visited country.

Asia - already visited countries, maybe Laos finally? Classic combination of chaotic dirty legs + 1 leg in modern city ala Tokio, Hong Kong, Singapur, imo.

Europe - I would rule out France, Belgium and Germany because of migration crisis and threat of terrorist attacks. No Russia, Ukraine and Turkey because of politic situation. They love doing "winter" legs at this time, so probably some mountain area in West Europe or Scandinavia.

My final guess is 5 continents race without SA.  :)

--- End quote ---

Maanca:
 They seem to like to theme the even-numbered seasons lately. 24 was all-returnees, 26 was all-dating, and 28 was all-social media.

30 is possible for returnees, since there was also a 6 season gap between the last one, Unfinished Business.

gamerfan09:
We need a good returnee season to erase 24. Look at Unfinished Business and All-Stars 1, both were pretty good in the ratings!

dryedmangoez:
Well, wherever TAR29 ends up airing, I hope it does well enough to not banish TAR30 to CBS All Access.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version