Author Topic: TAR Canada 5 Pre-Race News and Speculation  (Read 37286 times)

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
Re: TAR Canada 5 Pre-Race News and Speculation
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2017, 10:41:09 PM »
I was thinking that for Canada's 150th anniversary, they would only go to international location that have a deep connection to Canada... I'm shock they never visited the UK yet, I mean the confederation of Canada was accepted by the Queen in London, that would have been a good time to visit the city (and the building in which it was signed)... Maybe a visit to Ireland, with all the Irish people who immigrated in Canada in the early days of our country.

And the US would make sense... like in New-England or places where we hd battles against the US

I highly doubt they will visit the United States. About 75% of all Canadians live within 100 miles of the border, and as such many have been there. The Canadian audience would not find the U.S. to be an exciting place to visit. The only place I can even remotely see is Hawaii, and even then tasks would most likely center around the native Hawaiian culture.

Unfortunately, with the US muslim ban, there could be issues for some of the contestants as well.

I don't think this law applies to Canadians

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2017, 09:05:41 AM »
If you haven't been cast as a racer for the upcoming season - here is your best chance to get your beautiful face on screen in Season 5!
You just need to buy some  Campbells Chunky Soup (or chili btw) and enter.

https://chunkyamazingcontest.com/

I think this kind of product promotion could be the saviour of the Amazing Race franchise.
Kudos to Insight, Campbells and CTV/Bell Media for doing this. :ty3:

Now go out and support the sponsor and enter the contest  :bunny
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline TheHippo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2017, 10:36:50 PM »
Given past history, I assume that we are about one month away from needing to keep our eyes peeled for filming!!!  I can't wait for this season.  I love this show so much.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2017, 08:54:03 PM »
Mark Lysakowski on Twitter:
Dear @TorontoPearson and all other airports. We need to take a break from each other. But just for this month. Need to stay home for a bit
9:39 PM - 31 Mar 2017 from Toronto, Ontario
------------------------------------------------
-Sounds like location scouting is done. Final production prep, a solid month of hard work.

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2017, 02:06:03 PM »
Looks like it will be 10 teams racing again.

Why do you say that?

Offline TheHippo

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »
To think, somewhere all across Canada tonight, 20-24 people are going to have a restless night's sleep dreaming of the adventure they are about to go on.  I would LOVE to have dinner with a few of these teams to ask what they must be thinking/feeling. I know there is a strong non-disclosure agreement they sign so this would NEVER happen, but I would love a chance to hear a non-made for tv q&a of a "Before the Race".   I couldn't imagine what it would be like to be in their position.  I am 70% jealous OF them and 30% excited FOR them.   I cannot wait for the show to start!

Offline stunami

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
Don't they usually start on a friday? (I think for season 1-3) and a thursday for last season, no?

I am thinking that they will start either next week, or the week after!!
Get ready :P