Author Topic: TARA 5 LIVE SIGHTINGS! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**  (Read 160844 times)

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARA 5 LIVE SIGHTINGS! Tweets Go Here! **please read post 1**
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2016, 06:33:24 PM »
Lots of comments from the racers. Can we find this place?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: September 03, 2016, 01:33:05 AM »
Wait.. based on the stairs & the trees, it looks like TAR 28 leg 10 pit stop, Bajra Sandhi Monument  :groan:

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #128 on: September 06, 2016, 04:45:09 AM »
FB Quote:

The Amazing Race Asia 2016 Season 5 casts and crew reach Buttetworth Train Station@ 9-30pm. Please 👃Mr we must get to the Indian Temple at the waterfall..

I thought this was just an Indian temple by the waterfall, just realized while reading about Malaysia that this is most likely the Arulmigu Balathandayuthapani Kovil, better known as the Waterfall Hill Temple or "Thaneer Malai" in Tamil by locals.

According to wiki this is one of the oldest temples in George town in Penang. And one has to climb 513 stairs to reach the temple. Sounds like Batu Cave.

So from Butterworth train station in Penang, teams took cabs to Georgetown, Penang. But ferry is also a popular option of going there.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:49:09 AM by constitution »

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2016, 02:04:37 AM »
Just when you think there is no more spoiler, there's actually more  :tantrum

Here's a video in Vietnam of Alex and Will. Take note that Will is holding a red clue so he is doing the roadblock and that is the fried scorpion eating challenge

https://youtu.be/lYUx-y8p480

On that video, I can hear one of Will/Alex saying "Who is...(then I lost)"  right after they opened the clue. Then they read further and I heard them again saying "Enjoy a selection ..... (then I lost again)"

So this photo http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32356.0;attach=269359;image where Will is holding a blue clue, they just finished the roadblock and have  recieved their route info clue

Also, this photo http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32356.0;attach=269358;image was taken just outside the restaurant where they had the roadblock.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 04:37:54 AM by constitution »

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2016, 11:24:27 PM »
Team sighting at KL Sentral Train Station around 5pm-ish local time.
Teams headed to Penang from Kuala Lumpur.

A close friend who was on his way back from KL to Penang was at the station. He had a ticket for the 5:10 train. He was approached by Louisa who managed to persuade him to trade tickets with her (hers was the 5:50 train). I'm assuming they found another person who agreed to switching tickets, because I was told her team managed to get on the 5:10 train and was possibly the only team on that train.
Side note : a different F/F team were possibly the first to arrive at the train station

The rest were stuck with the 5:50 train. The second train have arrived in Penang at around 10pm - i can only verify this because my friend was on the same train. The guy in the photo didnt look happy on the train as he was checking which other teams were (or were not) on the train. It's quite late in the evening, so I'm assuming the tasks for the teams will only start tomorrow in Penang.

Just to add a little info here. He told me Maggie/Parul were most likely have their tickets swapped to an earlier train, the 5:21pm train, because there were no signs of them in the crowd when the gate re-opened for the 5:50pm train. And after the 5:21pm train had left, he saw Eric.

So it is safe to assume that Eric/Rona took the last train at 5:50pm together with Tom/Anita.. This photo from Izad http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32356.0;attach=269344;image shows Eric and Tom together in the station.

As per Izad's post, Luisa and Treasuri took the 5:10pm train possibly ahead of Maggie/Parul, Eric/Rona and Tom/Anita but my research shows that there was no train scheduled for 5:10pm on that day. Check this one http://www.travel-penang-malaysia.com/ets-train-kl-to-penang.html Before the 5:21pm train is 4pm

I don't know if I just looked into a wrong source and who am I am to question if that was the time written on the ticket of Izad's friend (Maybe he can clarify this one)

Another observation, I guess the abseiling in Menara Mall in KL and the Georgetown/Butterworth activities belong to just one leg(?) It's because Tom in this photo http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32356.0;attach=269343;image is wearing the same shirt  he had on the the train station, this photo http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=32356.0;attach=269344;image

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2016, 12:19:20 AM »
Does this help?

Amazing Race Asia 2016 Season 5 casts and crew reach Buttetworth Train Station@ 9-30pm. Please 👃Mr we must get to the Indian Temple at the waterfall..
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prama

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Later!
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2016, 01:08:25 AM »
I have some stuffs that apparently haven't been shared here, so here they are:

1. There are sightings of teams on the night of August 10th (a day after Bandung leg ends and a day before we have sighting at KL) in Senayan City Mall, Jakarta. People said there are multiple amazing race teams were buying tickets at Garuda Indonesia's office on that Mall. The only team that I clearly see here is JK/Mike. There's another picture but I can't really confirm who they are. Then it makes me think that they possibly went back to Jakarta first (for tickets?) before heading to their next destination, Malaysia

2. On August 12th, the day we believed Penang leg was happened, Allan Wu posted a picture of pit-stop mat on his instagram story. It looks like a chinese temple or something, and found this place: Hean Boo Thean Temple. The flower mural on its ground looks really similar with the one on Allan's post (see here) So I guess we can assume that the temple is Penang leg's pitstop.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:11:47 AM by Prama »
Prama's Member Game Profile
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #133 on: September 08, 2016, 02:13:55 AM »
Does this help?

Amazing Race Asia 2016 Season 5 casts and crew reach Buttetworth Train Station@ 9-30pm. Please 👃Mr we must get to the Indian Temple at the waterfall..

I guess so. I actually made a comment to this earlier. Here it is:

I thought this was just an Indian temple by the waterfall, just realized while reading about Malaysia that this is most likely the Arulmigu Balathandayuthapani Kovil, better known as the Waterfall Hill Temple or "Thaneer Malai" in Tamil by locals.

According to wiki this is one of the oldest temples in George town in Penang. And one has to climb 513 stairs to reach the temple. Sounds like Batu Cave.

So from Butterworth train station in Penang, teams took cabs to Georgetown, Penang. But ferry is also a popular option of going there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 02:26:18 AM by constitution »

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #134 on: September 08, 2016, 02:16:50 AM »
Wow Prama. I guess it's a match. The pitstop is most likely the Hean Boo Thean Temple  :cheer:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2016, 02:48:05 AM »
I meant the times...

Pics to compare, great job!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2016, 04:46:35 AM »
I meant the times...

It is not clear which team was it. But the train that arrived at 9:30pm in Butterworth is the one that departed KL at 5:21pm. Source here: http://www.travel-penang-malaysia.com/ets-train-kl-to-penang.html
So it could be Maggie/Parul
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 04:52:51 AM by constitution »

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
AXN just uploaded a video of the hosts, Allan and Tara. It contains lot of spoilers like:

1. Pit start
2. A fast forward (??)
3. Pitstop greeters with Allan giving out a clue so there seems to be a KOR(????)
4. Luisa/Treasuri jumping at the mat like they have won the leg
5. Will/Alex copying Marc/Rovilson antic in the pitstop

Here is the link https://youtu.be/G863evVeoFY
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 10:22:09 PM by constitution »

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2016, 11:58:27 PM »
Here are screencaps (quality isn't good, just change when you get better screencaps). It's a 1-minute video so too many pictures. But looks like all were taken in Indonesia. I see two pitstops with Tara and a "pitstop" with Allan giving clue. Ah! Looks like first 3 episodes will be in Indonesia.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:33:46 AM by constitution »

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2016, 12:26:18 AM »
more....

Offline Kamineko

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2016, 12:29:01 AM »
This scene here:

happened in Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, at the front of the Sports Museum.

They actually visited Taman Mini Indonesia Indah once on TARA 1 in the West Sumatra Pavilion. I circled the areas, Sports Museum is circled with green and West Sumatra Pavilion is circled with yellow.

The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2016, 12:32:35 AM »
more...

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #142 on: September 10, 2016, 12:36:43 AM »
thanks Kimeniko. hope we could all identify all the locations

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #143 on: September 10, 2016, 01:21:55 AM »
:hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline constitution

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
Latest TARA plug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyqeqwrCb9g

We see the following:

1. ondel-ondel or the Betawi mask festival of Jakarta
2. first pitstop at Old Jakarta Port or the sunda Kelapa Port
3. Luisa abseiling the Menara Tower
4. Eric/Rona getting first in a pitstop??
5. descending through the Goa Jomblang

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2016, 12:22:05 PM »
WOW!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #146 on: October 12, 2016, 03:59:43 AM »
Sorry for long wait. Report from bandung went live here :trampb:
I keep procrastinating and forgetting. then realized that the show is only day away. :funny:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,32356.msg1174768.html#msg1174768

:tu Melladoo!!  It is AWESOME!! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule: