Author Topic: TARC4 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION  (Read 9349 times)

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC4 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION *Updaters Wanted*
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2016, 04:57:22 PM »
I don't think this is the best leg as I thought Leg 3 > Leg 4

But, it was still a truly great leg! The Detour was absolutely phenomenal and I loved both sides of it <333333 and it provided tons of drama, which is great.

The roadblock was okay, and the eating task was really great and fun to watch!

I wished it wasn't a linear leg with how teams were so far apart from the last leg, because I felt from the start that Ann/Tanya were going to be eliminated, simply because of how far behind they were. I almost would have preferred a HoO/Sign Up sheet rather than the buses to make teams more close together.

Either way it was still a fantastic leg with lots of interesting things, like Jemmett flopping and Kelly and Kate winning, and the impending Steph/Kristen lying drama!

I can't wait for next leg!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC4 Ep 4 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
Linear????????????????????????

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2016, 08:03:41 PM »
Well it wasn't that linear, it's just that Anne & Tanya were so far behind that I was really shocked like you saw everyone at the detour and they flash back to them and the Roadblock. That might have been because they started 30 minutes behind with a combination of the bus schedules, that made it seem like they had almost no chance of catching up to people.

Linear was the wrong word, the leg was definitely competitive and allowed for placement shifts, just Ann/Tanya being so far behind made me less excited about the episode.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2016, 09:04:36 PM »
Not really linear when it totally shuffles the placements like this.

Apparently Anne & Tanya weren't even that far behind at the end. In their thread, there was a Toronto Star article in which producer John Brunton said they had little trouble with the tasks on this leg and very nearly survived after being 2 hours behind!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2016, 09:24:36 PM »
Yeah but still starting off 2 hours behind is not good TV, especially since they only left the Pit Start 30 Minutes behind iirc and it's tragic they fell behind because of buses

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2016, 10:22:49 PM »
Yeah but still starting off 2 hours behind is not good TV, especially since they only left the Pit Start 30 Minutes behind iirc and it's tragic they fell behind because of buses

When you say 2 hours behind, do you mean 2 hours the first bus or the second to last bus?

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2016, 12:16:43 AM »
The episodes just keep getting better and better. The Roadblock is okay, attention to detail and familiarity with tools is key to finishing it Emmett and Joel smoked that one and surprisingly Anne. Both sides of the Detour were hard. The bartender task was awesome, so much better than the bartending task in Kuala Lumpur in the so-called "All-Stars 2" of U.S version. Language- involved tasks are really fun to watch. The eating part was definitely entertaining, priceless reactions.

:conf: :conf:

Anne & Tanya going home is  :(
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:33:43 AM by TARUSAFan »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2016, 12:50:45 AM »
Sometimes, a bit linear leg is a good thing to happen because it shows teams that they have to do their best all legs, not just try to not be last each leg.

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2016, 12:58:27 AM »
I would much prefer a linear leg every once in a while than be like Season 3 and have AN EQUALIZER EVERY SINGLE LEG (EVEN THE FIRST LEG HAD AN EQUALIZER! THE FIRST LEG! THEY GET DIVIDED INTO 2 FLIGHTS AND THEN HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 8:00 AM! NO DEPARTURE TIMES, NO PULLING NUMBERS, JUST EVERYONE EQUALIZED!) Sorry, that first leg of Season 3 really bugged me lol

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2016, 01:50:55 AM »
I would much prefer a linear leg every once in a while than be like Season 3 and have AN EQUALIZER EVERY SINGLE LEG (EVEN THE FIRST LEG HAD AN EQUALIZER! THE FIRST LEG! THEY GET DIVIDED INTO 2 FLIGHTS AND THEN HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL 8:00 AM! NO DEPARTURE TIMES, NO PULLING NUMBERS, JUST EVERYONE EQUALIZED!) Sorry, that first leg of Season 3 really bugged me lol

Yeah me too, what was the point of them 2 flights  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2016, 04:09:14 AM »
Hours of Operation is actually what we need a LOT in this day and age of The Amazing Race.

Sometimes watching teams compete right next to each other all the time is way better than seeing teams zillions of miles ahead and a certain number of teams being screwed.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2016, 01:34:06 PM »
Trivia: Had to search a bit for the type of bug they ate live, for the Wikipedia summary, since apparently "coconut worm" is not the commonly used name :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhynchophorus_ferrugineus What they look like full-grown. The red palm weevil, a very destructive pest to palm trees

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »
I think I've seen it called a grub or witchetty grub

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2016, 02:52:30 PM »
I'm not very sympathetic to Anne and Tanya being on the last bus because if they had just gone to the ferry like they were supposed to in the 3rd leg, they wouldn't of had a 30 minute penalty and would of been on the bus before with Julie and Lowell. And a half hour could of kept them in the race.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2016, 09:03:32 AM »
TBH i thought Kelly & Kate would be the first team eliminated on the race. They almost eliminated in leg 1 and saved by NEL in 2, but then finished 3rd place in leg 3 and won leg 4   :funny: :funny: :hearts: :hearts:
btw can anybody tell me what's the song at the karaoke detour? i can't get that song out of my head LOL..
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 09:20:23 AM by Nyoman_SB1 »

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 09:22:50 AM »
TBH i thought Kelly & Kate would be the first team eliminated on the race. They almost eliminated in leg 1 and saved by NEL in 2, but then finished 3rd place in leg 3 and won leg 4   :funny: :funny: :hearts: :hearts:
btw can anybody tell me what's the song at the karaoke detour? i can't get that song out of my head LOL..

Shine your light by Min feat. Justatee. People post it many times here. I think you can find it in Spoiler thread of this leg.

Offline Nyoman_SB1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »

Shine your light by Min feat. Justatee. People post it many times here. I think you can find it in Spoiler thread of this leg.

I just watched this leg and haven't seen the other thread. Thanks for the info :)