Author Topic: TARC4 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION!  (Read 6380 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARC4 Ep 3 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION!
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2016, 01:22:43 PM »
Question for you all:

IIRC you all HATED Dana's meltdowns....so why are Jillian's "hilarious" and not "annoying as hell"?

Inquiring minds...  :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2016, 01:38:07 PM »
Question for you all:

IIRC you all HATED Dana's meltdowns....so why are Jillian's "hilarious" and not "annoying as hell"?

Seems like some Canadians haven't been as hard on her as US fans to US racers who get this edit (ie Logan, Hayley, Marie, etc). They're actually quite popular on the east coast.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2016, 04:49:35 PM »
Question for you all:

It's all a matter of perspective. And if I'm not mistaken, RFF was relatively positive towards Dana with a few exceptions.

There are certain forms of drama on TAR that is fun because of the way the context is provided, the reactions, and the way it is in its tangible, normal form.

Trying to match Jemmett's meltdowns with Dana/Matt is different purely because both are in different contexts (TARUS vs. TARCAN of course + Dana wasn't given a form of a redemptive edit (UNTIL THE FINALE LMAO) and was either EXTREMELY over the top negative or underedited. Jillian is always given a confessional about how overall they have to work on it blah blah blah.)

Long story short, a team may be liked for different external and internal reasons. Trying to akin one team to another is hard because if you want to go down that route, you might as well try to compare Dana & Matt to Jonathan & Victoria. What an awful difference right?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
Perfect episode. Sad to see Antoine & Stephane go but the father was so physically spent at the Roadblock I felt for him throughout the rest of the leg. Next week looks like it will keep this amazing level of quality!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2016, 07:00:13 PM »
I wish they explained why Ashley was so sad with the ducks. Could have put more personality into their team portrayal. :gaah:
Frankie and Amy are too invisible. All I know of them is fire and ice and they named their duck marshmellow. :funny:

I think Ashley was upset with the ducks because essentially they were taking ducks to the market to get slaughtered, and the realization that they essentially brought them to their death made her upset.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 07:15:19 PM »
I wish they explained why Ashley was so sad with the ducks. Could have put more personality into their team portrayal. :gaah:
Frankie and Amy are too invisible. All I know of them is fire and ice and they named their duck marshmellow. :funny:

I think Ashley was upset with the ducks because essentially they were taking ducks to the market to get slaughtered, and the realization that they essentially brought them to their death made her upset.
I understood that but if they added a confessional about it would have added more to Ashley's character.
For example,  "I'm Miss Universe and I don't support animals being killed off so it was sad."
The audience could relate more with Ashley and her team. :cheer:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 08:22:15 PM »
OH I understand. Yeah they definitely could have added a confessional to explain it and would have been nice to see. But, the episode was jam packed with stuff that I think the audience understood and that they would rather show other dramatic things.