Author Topic: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)  (Read 50401 times)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »
What was the memory task about?

Part 1 was basically a simpler version of the using rope to set the route on a map like Turner Field Memory Task from TAR19, part 2 was the added difficulty, they had to search for flags from the visited countries inside glass bottles buried in the sand. Each team could only grab two bottles at a time, and if a racer touch the bottle it must be grabbed and taken to map area, if it was the wrong flag, they must return flag to bottle and rebury it until all flags were correctly set on the map.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2016, 09:54:26 PM »
Yup. All I need is the Roadblock prompt:

Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2016, 10:03:16 PM »
Does anyone know the total distance of the route?

That's what I'm curious to know. With the back and forth in Europe and Asia, it's gonna be a lot :D

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2016, 10:09:26 PM »

:hearts: :hearts:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2016, 10:16:59 PM »
Does anyone know the total distance of the route?

That's what I'm curious to know. With the back and forth in Europe and Asia, it's gonna be a lot :D

That'll be on our wiki soon.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2016, 10:19:58 PM »
^ Awesome. This could possibly be the longest distance ever traveled

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2016, 11:15:20 PM »
What's the grand prize?

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2016, 12:55:01 AM »
^ Awesome. This could possibly be the longest distance ever traveled

I can get it up tomorrow if I have the Roadblock prompt. (Sorry, don't like to begin work until I have all my ducks in a row)

What's the grand prize?

and I'll probably need this too, now that I think about it, though I just assumed it was the same prize as the last two seasons.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2016, 12:59:57 PM »
What's the grand prize?

Not much really, the cool multiple destinations sponsored trips by "By-Health" (which was also the title sponsor for the season) were all awarded for the other legs. Beside the trophies for the race winners, they just got a Pearl Necklace (gN Pearl).  Nothing really matching the really cool theme for this season, of visiting cities that hosted Olympic Games.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2016, 01:16:28 PM »
Yup. All I need is the Roadblock prompt:

Here you Go 谁想乘风破浪 - Who wants to Ride the Waves.

Had to cheat a bit, which is the most stupid work-around all my devices are set to type in Trad. Chinese, instead of Simp. Chinese., so I actually typed that in Trad. Chinese on Google Translate, which changed it to Simp. Chinese.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2016, 02:22:57 PM »
I remember asking last year if the prize was still CNĄ1,000,000, and I don't think I ever got a response. (For what it's worth, I'm still missing tons of end-of-leg prizes for season 2)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:36:14 PM by GB »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2016, 12:59:36 AM »
Quote from: Wiki
Distance Traveled    61 300 km (38 000 miles)

It's...actually not the longest. This is probably because the Pacific Ocean was never formally crossed.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2016, 03:32:27 PM »
Ah, not even close, then. The record is 116,000 km (US 5) followed by Australia 3 (90,000)

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »
In case someone was wondering, I just watched their first "After the Race" special. Yup, you read that correctly, first. Seems it's going to be at least a two-parter.

But it wasn't a full reunion, featuring only 3-teams and a half (half as Jin Xing was hosting). Well mostly featuring 2 of the final 4 (only the entertainers, sadly the athletes were not included) , with the broadcasters being part of a short segment.  There are probably more teams appearing on part 2.

It was very Chinese / Asian variety show style, lot's of the live audience interaction, bringing them in to some of the task partial reproductions.
They did recap different aspects of the show, focusing a lot on food, how the sausage speed bump in Germany was designed, discussing the Vodka RI, Paella RI from Barcelona, Wasabi Rolls RI from Tokyo.

Getting a good taxi or good drivers is also discussed and the challenges with language barrier. The subject Self Driving and favorite transportation option is also explored.

The 1st part concluded with them re-trying the ninja rope course from the Japan RB.

Offline mildwall

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2016, 01:26:13 AM »
http://www.cutv.com/v2/2016-9-12/G17hihhhjiloknpknmih5x.shtml

Amazing Race Season Four plan exposed :conf:

(Here's my translation)
On September 9th, the crew of TARchina held a media meeting in Beijing, invited media representatives to discuss the future of TARchina.

They made a summary about TARchina season 3, and praised what the crew has done.
"The suggestions and views collected from media meeting is the most meaningful reference of future seasons",Zhang Yi, the chief production of season 3,said. "Their suggestions and views could make  promotion of future seasons, especially the season four."

The crew also revealed the plan of season four for the first time. Next season will promote from the basis of this season, the route will involve amazing places including North Europe and Middle East. Zhang Dan, the director of ShenzhenTV marketing department,"we hope season 4 can strengthen the sense of participation by means of "normal people" participation, more interactions between stars and audience."

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2016, 01:35:07 AM »
Sounds great :)

The whole Olympic cities theme this season made for a good route.

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2016, 03:02:12 AM »
Sounds great :)

The whole Olympic cities theme this season made for a good route.

Oh no. I HATED how this was Amazing Race China 3: Olympic Edition. I mean, why would you have that? How many tasks were Olympic related?
When Season 4 comes, just make it plain and original. No twists, just normal travel.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #117 on: September 25, 2016, 04:51:18 AM »
Season 3 was great. After intruders and all that, it was nice to see TAR China sticking to basics.  This really was a "back to basics" season even though it kinda was their first "basics" season really.  The first 2 seasons didn't feel too much like TAR, though the casts were still solid.

The Olympic connections and tasks never really took over the show.  And it was much better introduced in-show than TAR Canada does with the random Canadian connections to their international destinations. lol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #118 on: September 25, 2016, 01:42:48 PM »
I was in the neighborhood so stopped back by the Atlanta Grafitti Wall yesterday. No signs of TAR China anymore sadly... except for one "china" under the stairs.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2016, 05:31:48 AM »
Just to conclude things, the second part from the After the Race programme was fascinating.

No added racers, but the entire thing of how alliances formed for the U-Turn was discussed (and on hindsight who they'd vote for now), favorite tasks. The most interesting part though was the final part that brought in some teams 'body" producers and a more behind the scenes producers to highlight things from their point of view.

And Season 4 was also briefly discussed, with differing or maybe added elements from what the article midwall found.

- There's a theme, there were no specifics about what the theme will be about though.
- Destinations they plan to visit Africa, Middle East and they intend to cross the Pacific Ocean.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:41:50 AM by NumfarPTB »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »
What is a "body" producer please? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2016, 09:49:07 PM »
What is a "body" producer please? ???
I think he means the sound guy and camera man that follow the contestants

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #122 on: November 01, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »
Here is an AMAZING feature on Jin Xing from The Hollywood Reporter:
Meet the Oprah of China, Who Happens to Be Transgender
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/meet-oprah-china-who-happens-be-transgender-942750

They definitely mention TAR China, but they mistakenly put 2015 instead of 2016 season lol

Offline Genius

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #123 on: January 09, 2022, 07:50:45 AM »
1. I watched the first half in 2019, then continued the second half in 2021. I was glad that season pick emerged as the eventual winners.

2. I really liked Season 3, more than Season 4 which I am still watching and certainly more than the first two. All the teams were likeable, I feel.

3. I never had a good opinion of Vanness Wu (of F4 fame) before TARCN4, but I really grown to like him after watching him. I was also kind of bummed that  he and Melody were eliminated 4th.

4. One thing I didn't like about TAR China in general is the sidelining of the non-celebrity partner. There would be some product placement going "You can do it, Liu Xiang" and then intentionally leaving out his partner's name.  :groan:

5. There were also several instances in the earlier episodes where the teams were talking about the finish line in Brazil. Not sure if this happens for every season, but maybe the racers in the Chinese version always received information on all the cities that they would visit. If so, it's probably the only franchise to intentionally divulge such details to racers.

6. Kenneth Fok is probably the richest person to have ever raced. I assume that his family's worth is probably in the billions. He was also recently elected in Hong Kong's "patriots only election"
https://www.thestandard.com.hk/section-news/section/21/237223/Winner's-wife-performs-like-a-champ

Meanwhile, Zhang Zhehan was recently cancelled by the Chinese authorities and almost everyone in China for posing for pictures at the Yasukuni Shrine in Japan in 2018/19. (The Yasukuni Shrine is a sore point among the Chinese and Koreans because they house the war dead from World War 2.) I think he is trying to appeal in court regarding this matter.