Author Topic: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)  (Read 50412 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR China 3 - SHOW Discussion and WIKI Assistance (No SPOILERS)
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2016, 02:39:38 PM »
Interesting tidbit.

Former hurdler Liu Xiang's appearance as Sailor Moon received mass online mockery

Meanwhile, retired Olympic hurdler Liu Xiang made headlines last week, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

Just before the Olympics, he recorded an episode for reality show The Amazing Race China, dressed in cosplay as 1990s Japanese cartoon character Sailor Moon. Perhaps predictably, that caused a stir online.

While the segment was meant to be humorous, thousands took to social media to mock how "beautiful" he appeared dressed as a woman.

Some criticised his "crossdressing", saying he "seriously damaged his image" by appearing in such a way, and others said they now find him "disgusting".

There are also users asking more critically whether he has fallen on hard times since his Olympic fame back in 2004, when he won the first track and field gold medal for China.

Sailor MoonImage copyright Getty Images
Image caption
Japanese animation Sailor Moon was hugely popular in the 1990s

If Liu thought the worst was over, he was wrong. A week later, social media users were asking again whether he was struggling financially after he announced that he was filing a lawsuit against online taxi service Didi, China's answer to Uber.

Xinhua says Liu claims that Didi used images of him without his authorisation in online advertising.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-37025722
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2016, 03:25:19 PM »
Poor guy :( Yes, that is a risk with TAR China's celebrity-based casting. They have an image to uphold, put them in embarrassing costumes or situations (like the Sailor Moon task) and the tabloids will be chomping at the bit to tear them down.

Not so, of course, when it's more average people.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2016, 07:14:56 PM »
That's horrible. 

I guess TAR China isn't going to be recycling the TAR26 Phuket cabaret task any time soon.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »
Not surprised by the reaction, dressing-up like that would definitely be viewed by local viewers as making a fool of oneself. And in Chinese pop culture, and I get the impression that might be common for other major East Asian cultures (like Japanese or South Korean), those type of "making fool of yourself" type of things should not be done by most celebrities, it's kind of something reserved for what's called in mandarin 諧星(Xie-Xin), I can't really find a proper translation for this term, while Google Translates just gives me "Comedian" which ain't an exact translation at all. Those type of celebrities not exactly common in western cultures, the only person that I can think of that comes slightly close to what would be considered Xie-Xin in the US would be Conan O'Brien, and that seems like a stretch, cause there's also some level of being a C or D-list star associated with the expression. All of this just to say, that "making a fool of oneself" like that would only be appropriate for those types of celebrities, not an Olympian, thus the unsurprising backlash.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2016, 12:29:21 AM »
Hello everyone!

So we had a lot more penalties, but I wasn't quite able to follow them this time. What did Tingting/Rui and Zhehan/Sifan do wrong in the Detour?

Hopefully the Chinese Wiki will be updated soon, but if it's not...What was the location of the two Detours and the U-Turn board? (They're shown on the map in Chinese)

Aaaaand, here's the Detour names and Roadblock prompt. Please transcribe them, thank you!

Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline shiningsoul

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2016, 03:34:04 AM »
Hello everyone!

So we had a lot more penalties, but I wasn't quite able to follow them this time. What did Tingting/Rui and Zhehan/Sifan do wrong in the Detour?

Hopefully the Chinese Wiki will be updated soon, but if it's not...What was the location of the two Detours and the U-Turn board? (They're shown on the map in Chinese)

Aaaaand, here's the Detour names and Roadblock prompt. Please transcribe them, thank you!

In this episode,
Zhehan/Sifan: didn't wear their sleeping caps at the very beginning (30 mins)
Tingting/Rui : gave up the RB (1 hr)+didn't wear their sleeping caps at the very beginning (30 mins)+didn't put all the rice into the pot while they were cooking the paella (10 mins)

斗牛士: Bullfighter
梦游者:Sleepwalker
谁想挣一只眼闭一只眼: Who wants to turn a blind eye/look the other way  (keep one eye open, close the other)

The U-Turn Board is located in Zhuhai, China.
The factory may be loacated at 19 Xinghan Road, Sanzao Technology Industrial Park, Jinwan District, Zhuhai
Detour:
Bullfighter: 里西奥剧院-> Gran Teatre del Liceu
Sleepwalker: 地中海旧港-> area near Port Veil/Port De Barcelona?

BTW, the prize in this leg is a trip to US, UK and Brazil.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 03:38:41 AM by shiningsoul »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2016, 05:30:49 AM »
Thank you!

Sorry, I meant the U-Turn REVEAL board. It's a road Intersection in Barcelona somewhere.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »
That would be the Columbus Monument near the Rambla del Mar. Much closer to the bed option than the theatre option!

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2016, 12:43:12 AM »
Wiki updates slightly delayed due to broken computer.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: August 16, 2016, 03:23:35 AM »
Wiki updated. Sorry for the delay!

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2016, 06:28:33 PM »
I am really loving this season. And Jin Xing & Hans need to be on TAR Asia 6 or TARUS, really.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:58:01 AM by dryedmangoez »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2016, 05:09:00 AM »
This season is probably going to end up with the highest total distance

(Yes, I count things like flying from Russia back to China. They still had to make that flight after all, even if they weren't being filmed)

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »
I see Jin Xing & Hans' luck finally ran out. Sorry, Mangoez :P

And they're headed to the States next. Soon, Peach! After Los Angeles :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:23:44 PM by Maanca »

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2016, 05:43:27 PM »
Was just reading the Wiki, got three observations:
- Shouldn't the filming dates for each leg also be included in the entries? I believe we know all the filming dates for the season. Or is the info there, and I just missed it.
- Was re-watching Leg 3, there should be a correction made towards what the additional 45-minute penalty Vanness and Melody received. It was not about receiving help, but it was after failing to read out the answer the 1st time around, they simply returned with the correct answer without riding the coaster again.
- BTW the UTurn vote result that's on the wiki, not matching the one I'm finding on Wikipedia (Chinese entry), what was the source?

Also just watched Leg 6, and gotta say I'm really loving the season design, and how they manage to incorporate not just Olympic cities but Olympic tasks. And they probably did the Face-Off better than the Canadians have done so far, I think this was my favorite use of it.
Some teams are lucky for the way they film this version, as there's almost a two weeks break between this leg and next one. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:51:49 PM by NumfarPTB »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2016, 08:12:38 PM »

When will this air please?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2016, 08:06:44 AM »

When will this air please?

If nothing changes the airdates for the remainder of the season is:
Leg 7 - Los Angeles (Aug26)
Leg 8 - Atlanta (Sep2)
Leg 9 - Ciudad de Mexico (Sep9)
Leg 10 - Rio de Janeiro (Sep16)

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2016, 02:13:42 AM »
Stop

Spoiling

Locations.

I was away this weekend, but I got a chance to watch the Rome episode. Jin Xing was one of the most enjoyable racers I've seen. Very funny lady.

The English Wikipedia listed Dachuan and Chang as the non-majority of the votes, but that's apparently changed now. I will fix it when our Wiki comes back online.

And here's the Chinese. You know what to do! ;)

...Oh! And where did the Roadblock and Catapult Detour take place?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 04:23:28 AM by GB »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2016, 02:27:03 PM »
Stop

Spoiling

Locations.

Once it is in the Media it is no longer a Spoiler. If TAR China shares it, it is press, not a spoiler. Sorry...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2016, 02:37:42 PM »
Well yeah, but there's also a little bit of common courtesy... :c

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2016, 05:31:53 PM »
The route was included in the first five minutes of the first episode though! :)

谁想找到命中注定 - Who wants to find their fated match?
罗马数字 vs 罗马炮架 - Roman Numerals vs Roman Trebuchet

The trebuchet task was at the Parco Lineare Integrato delle Mura near Porta Metronia.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:39:34 PM by Neobie »

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2016, 05:53:47 PM »
Vaness says the name of the Roadblock location, but he says it too fast for me to understand.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2016, 10:52:18 PM »
Another great leg. Sad about Jin Xing and Hans but I really like everyone else left so its okay. (Actually, I've enjoyed every single team this season.)

And this is one of only 2 times I've not been angered or annoyed by a Face Off/Duel Duel. (The other was TARPH2's carabao racing.)

I'm anxious to see the next eps with less teams. One reason I kind of lost interest in the latter halves of TAR China 1 and 2 and can never really get into HaMerotz is the looong episodes. They bore me sometimes, especially when I can't understand the language. The length though has always been a downer for me. Kinda made me appreciate TARPH's daily, shorter eps.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2016, 09:04:46 AM »
The Roadblock was at the Pinacoteca del Tesoriere.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2016, 04:28:33 PM »
Thank you!!

Oh, and one more thing. It looks like the Chinese name for the Face Off has changed. (It used to be 对战任务) What is the new name's characters?

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2016, 09:22:27 PM »
Loved that Universal Studios task! :D

This was a great Leg. Maybe the best LA Leg of any TAR I've seen hehe
It made me miss Jin Xing and Hans though. If only just to see them be Bill and Rose and be cowboy action stars.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:22:05 PM by dryedmangoez »