Author Topic: TARC 4 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION Ep 2!  (Read 10556 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TARC 4 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION Ep 2! *UPDATERS WANTED!*
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2016, 02:03:07 PM »
THANK YOU for the UPDATES Leafsfan!! Great job!!  :cheer:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2016, 02:06:06 PM »
The major's quote: "Get ready to be part of the energy", seems interesting for me because they aired it several times.. A possible final memory challenge here? ???

Probably just promotional. "Be Part of the Energy" is Calgary's slogan, I remember seeing it on signs entering the city. They changed it a few years ago from "Heart of the New West" it was Nenshi's idea to adopt one that sounded more appealing to young people.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2016, 02:20:01 PM »
The major's quote: "Get ready to be part of the energy", seems interesting for me because they aired it several times.. A possible final memory challenge here? ???

Probably just promotional. "Be Part of the Energy" is Calgary's slogan, I remember seeing it on signs entering the city. They changed it a few years ago from "Heart of the New West" it was Nenshi's idea to adopt one that sounded more appealing to young people.

It could still apply though. Was there something similar about Jasper? Whitehorse had the phrase task. Or a FMC of phrases combined with all the statues, especially because he showed them the pic at the same time?

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TARC 4 LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION Ep 2!
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2016, 06:58:18 PM »
Okay I rewatched the episode.

Still loving this season so far, it's been phenomenal, but the editing hiccups are even more prevalent? :/

Like... I'm kinda sad that they don't show ALL teams arriving to the mayor, ALL teams finishing the RB, skipping through stuff etc.

It feels too fast like regular TARUS :/

Yes. And do you know they didn't even show Anne's attempt on the Skytram last week? She did take one - you can see Tanya briefly in the observation tram with two others (I think Antoine & Joel???). That was blatant, and I feel sorry she wasn't shown. But that kind of thing only leads some people to make some very erroneous assumptions. 

I actually didn't mind the editing all that much. It seemed very balanced Yes there were hiccups at the beginning of the leg with arriving at the mayor and the Roadblock, but the Roadblock was a linear task so I'm glad they did not focus a lot of time on the Roadblock. Also I would prefer them at the beginning of the leg. At least we got to see every team finish the Detour and check in at the Pit Stop. Plus they were able to add more drama with the Express Pass and Detour!

Overall I really liked this leg a lot. Roadblock was meh, but the Detour was cool and the Beatnik bus was fun. Lots of good drama with the Detour switching and placement shifts, and the tasks looked super difficult!

I actually wanna see a feud between Jemmett and Steph/Kristin in the upcoming legs, or at least they better not give them the Express Pass. I know it was an honest mistake for Jemmett, but I wanna see some good drama, because I would have been pissed that Jemmett broke their word.

Also I found it really funny that Rita & Yvette were almost happier than Kelly and Kate. :lol:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 07:45:47 PM »
Omg what a leg! The race to the pit-stop was intense! And the season looks like it is only going up with the preview for next week. Can't wait to see the geese task it looks hilarious!

I also didn't think the leg was rushed at all. I thought we saw enough teams do the roadblock and any more time would've dragged it out a bit too long, especially since they also had to squeeze in all the detour switching and the EP task. Fantastic leg!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2016, 07:51:05 PM »
Also the moving clue task was an awesome idea.

Online ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 10:47:24 PM »
So far this season is WAY BETTER than Season 3. Really enjoying this season :hearts:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2016, 12:14:39 AM »
What an amazing episode. The Roadblock was easy but both Detours were hard and it contributed to the shuffling placements. The finding EP task in a sea of records was awesome as well, good things don't come easy. The Beatnik Bus moving clue is a nice touch as well. Suspenseful finish between Kelly & Kate vs. Rita & Yvette. Jillian & Emmett vs. Steph & Kristen rivalry begins. Overall, a stellar episode, everyone delivered, can't wait for the next one in Vietnam.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2016, 01:50:13 AM »
So far this season is WAY BETTER than Season 3. Really enjoying this season :hearts:

Agreed.

If it keeps it up, it just might be my favorite season in YEARS :o

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2016, 02:15:55 AM »
Jillian is definitely the most confrontational personality TAR Canada has cast (or at least is being edited that way). This is probably what they hoped for from Dujean & Leilani last year but never quite got.

A meltdown in the preview.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2016, 02:24:47 AM »
Jillian is definitely the most confrontational personality TAR Canada has cast (or at least is being edited that way). This is probably what they hoped for from Dujean & Leilani last year but never quite got.

A meltdown in the preview.

What I love is that the Canadian casuals are nowhere near as bad as the TARUS ones. If Jillian was on TARUS I'm pretty sure every Facebook post would be filled with hate comments.

If anything, I'm actually surprised some TARCAN fans defend Jillian and those get top comments!

And agreed in relation to Dujean & Leilani.

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 03:05:38 AM »
The most complains from Canada fans I have seen are "why don't stay in Canada and have to going abroad" and "have no representation from XXX province and have too much teams from XXX province" lol
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 03:11:53 AM by paradoxinee »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 03:07:03 AM »
The most complains from Canada fans I have seen are "why don't stay in Canada and have to going aboard" and "have no representation from XXX province and have too much teams from XXX province" lol

Yeah that's the one! :lol:

Compared to TARUS which always focuses on teams...

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 11:16:04 AM »
Good episode! Although I'd placed the premier over this little because the RB kinda ruined it. (Maybe at least they should make teams spot something like TAR26 finale.) But the music bus clue is amazing. I loved the idea of moving clue box. (I know TARUS tried to do this once with Moving Vendor Machine in 23 but that was lame.) The Detour is hard and I'm actually suprised that the crane one is harder because I thought the fish one was designed to trap team with time-consuming task. Very unpredictable and cause a lot of placement shift with the footrace at the end. Love it! The Express Pass task is nice but would be better with 2-3 teams battle I think.

Btw, am I the only one who think Jullian's bitching and their drama is kinda forced? I don't know. It's like she's overacting or trying SOO hard to stir the heat. Tim & Marie >>>>>> Them atm. :P

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 11:35:00 AM »
Good episode! Although I'd placed the premier over this little because the RB kinda ruined it. (Maybe at least they should make teams spot something like TAR26 finale.) But the music bus clue is amazing. I loved the idea of moving clue box. (I know TARUS tried to do this once with Moving Vendor Machine in 23 but that was lame.) The Detour is hard and I'm actually suprised that the crane one is harder because I thought the fish one was designed to trap team with time-consuming task. Very unpredictable and cause a lot of placement shift with the footrace at the end. Love it! The Express Pass task is nice but would be better with 2-3 teams battle I think.

Btw, am I the only one who think Jullian's bitching and their drama is kinda forced? I don't know. It's like she's overacting or trying SOO hard to stir the heat. Tim & Marie >>>>>> Them atm. :P

Where was that? I don't remember it!  :funny: :groan:

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »

In Shibuya Scramble (which was a part of pretty much every Tokyo visit). There was a vending machine walking around that they had to find to get their clue out of.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2016, 01:03:43 PM »

In Shibuya Scramble (which was a part of pretty much every Tokyo visit). There was a vending machine walking around that they had to find to get their clue out of.

Oh yeah! Like the guy in the Singapore episode, where Robbie & Brooke couldn't find him  :funny:

Offline paradoxinee

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 06:04:47 PM »
I don't cound those as moving clue box because they were just walking around the same area. Teams just didn't realize them (some teams even couldn't spot the cluebox right in front of their eyes).