Author Topic: SHOW "Discuss the Episodes" Discussion Thread  (Read 49798 times)

Offline Hysha

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • TAR - Survivor - BB - Pekín Express <3
Re: SHOW "Discuss the Episodes" Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: June 24, 2016, 07:11:42 AM »
She really should have chosen Paul as her second nominee and I was quite surprised that Day didn't suggest him with all of the tension between the two of them.

Yeah, same here. They want to take out Jozea so bad, but tbh I would prefer to see Jozea and Paul on the block so any of them can leave.
Let's pray that Paulie wins the POV and they put up any other person (as I said I would love to see Paul on the block), and it would be a great week for us.
#TeamWentworth
Kelley/Ciera/Abi/Kass goddesses

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2016, 10:28:10 AM »

Episode Two:
-Really odd edit lol. Almost the entire cast was INV.
-Nicole/Tiffany/Victor/Da'Vonne were the shining stars of the episode lol. Bronte/Bridgette INV -.-
-Nicole is certainly more fun already than 16 since she's finally not floating and is still really cute. She's making the most of her 2nd chance right now and I love it!
-Tiffany is already emotional like Vanessa and I can't wait for more <3
-Victor is such an entertaining douchebro character that I just can't not laugh at him failing to flirt with Nicole alol <3
-Also Da'Vonne essentially destroying Jozea was amazing. She was a bit rough for me on the premiere, but when she's just there for a shorter amount of time and not dominating the entire episode, she's pretty good. Some of her DRs are still really cringey though.
-Bridgette/Bronte/Natalie were just there :/ But Bridgette continues to be so cute every time she is on by being so wide-eyed about everything still alol <3
-Paulie lol "most loyalest player" <3
-James pranking Nicole was a bit eh and nothing like 17 but at least he's having a bit more fun than the premiere.
-Corey makes good game decisions but he's so boring.
-Meh on Glenn.
-Michelle/Zakiyah didn't bother me because she was INV.
-Frank getting a semblance of an edit scares me.
-Jozea/Paul to GTFO.

Week One Overall Thoughts:

I liked it! It kinda felt like I was watching a TAR8 blind date thingy blended with BB lol. This season is off to a decent start... but I'm worried for the rest of the season :lol: Let's hope for the best!

Week One Cast Rank:

Favorites:

-Bronte is already God tier. I love her so much, even when editors try to tone her down her personality shines through! What an amazing casting choice <3
-Tiffany is already so Vanessa without being Vanessa. The crying, the overthinking, the emotions <3333 I'm so excited to see her go on and she needs to bring honor to the Rousso name by not getting robbed in 3rd but being 2nd to Bronte thank you.
-Bridgette is such a UTRP angel that smiles at anything and everything. She's really just a sweetheart and she's super adorable. Hoping she surprises everyone since she does have the potential to be a good game-player. PS Follow Your Heart everyone, Follow Your Heart.
-Natalie is also fun and she has been blessed with the TiffanyChantell™ so she needs to place at least fourth!
-Nicole is already much better than she was on BB16. She is fun to watch and made a lot of really smart decisions. She's already milking the most out of her 2nd chance and I love it <3 RIP Haycole though :(
-I really thought Victor would be awful, but he's actually pretty fun. His telenovela antics, his failed Nicole flirting, and his all-around portrayal of the "womanizing douchebro" archtype is definitely not in the offensive but in the "omg lol" fun way. Hoping Victor continues to surprise me by not making dumb decisions and regret putting him in Dark Green! Easily my favorite guy so far.
-Da'Vonne is still fun but when she's overfocused she sucks tbh. Her DRs seem really scripted and it's especially obvious when she gets a lot of screentime. She's in dark green for now for taking out Jozea though.

Like:

-Paulie is already better than Cody and is really amusing to watch with his constant inadvertent amounts of stupidity. Hoping he doesn't make idiotic decisions like Cody did game-wise though. Out of all the nominations, he needs to stay.
-James is more restrained than his BB17 self... and I'm not so sure if I like it or not. He certainly developed better taste in allies (Team Unicorn>Jason/Meg/Jackie tbh) but he can still pull the pranks and fun. He's a bit more subdued and serious though and hopefully he becomes as fun as he was on BB17 soon while making better decisions.

Meh:

-Corey makes good game decisions and I liked him shutting down Paul's returnee-envy but otherwise he is really REALLY boring. Even though I like what he says, everytime he gets a DR I am tempted to fast forward lol.
-Glenn didn't really do anything. Casuals are freaking out over him being out but I honestly could care less since older men are generally worse in recent BB anyway.

Borderline Dislike:

-Frank was just there but he started getting a semblance of an edit and I'm so worried about what Miss Alison Grodner will do this time. Get him out please.

Hate:
-Zakiyah was only visible for one episode and she was really unpleasant in it. Blech.
-Michelle is such a judgmental person. People have said she is Nicole and Christine but I really just see the Christine in her and she could be even worse eventually IMO.
-Jozea is awful and camwhorey. It's ironic though that I loved him pre-show and now he's 2nd to last lol.

GTFO:
-Paul. Not wasting words on him #bye.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 10:56:59 AM by gamerfan09 »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2016, 11:33:13 AM »

Just some thoughts about the first two episodes of BB18, albeit focusing on the technical aspects of the show.  We must have new editors/producers this season as it was obvious that things were"missing" from the super-long premiere.  NO HOH bedroom reveal....Yay! we were not subjected to the patronizing comments from the cast.  NO seemingly mind-numbing decision making process as to which key to put into the box and which keys to safely tuck away into the velvet sock drawer.  Thank you lord!!!!  NO exit interview for the first evictee, but I suspect that would have disrupted the flow of the premiere.  No loss there.  Very little idle chatter in the back yard, which would be useful in character development, but I suspect this will be a time filler in future episodes.

Now for the things we could have done without, namely the endless droning of Da'Vonne.  Really, she has a problem with the use of the term Messiah?  Also, the editors are falling into the old tried and true pattern of "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD), pitting the cunning Da'Vonne against the country bumpkin Nicole.  My gawd, just say to the HOH that they heard someone say they were coming after her and "Bam", Nicole loses her backbone and aparently all her prior knowledge as to how BB works and nominates the first person she hears.  No wonder she was evicted not once but twice in her previous season.  "Wash, rinse. repeat".

So, while I like some of the new production decisions, I see this degenerating to the usual "endless summer" of BB evictions, only this time 90 days worth.  :groan:

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2016, 03:33:47 PM »
NO seemingly mind-numbing decision making process as to which key to put into the box and which keys to safely tuck away into the velvet sock drawer.  Thank you lord!!!!

Keys and rotating lazy susan NEED to come back and it is a shame it got removed. It's a signature of Big Brother and helps to build tension.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2016, 03:41:05 PM »
I thought the team idea was/still is really gross and I hope it goes away, soon. Besides that I am actually starting to like this season. I love all the returners (still frustrated at newbies vs returners a la BB13), and I really hope Jozea or Paul goes ASAP.

Also I'm really frustrated at how INV/UTR all 6 nonreturner females are and I hope we see much more from them because I like them all and they all have the potential to be stars! I think Da'vonne is a little too much in her DR but I still love her (and lol at the fact that I haven't bothered to chance my avi since BB17). Also I am really loving Nicole and Tiffany so far as well, but hopefully people do not punish her for being Vanessa's sister, because it's bound to come out.

I wasn't excited after Ep1 but after Ep2 I am more and more excited, but still hoping things get more complex than newbies vs vets

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2016, 03:43:18 PM »
Keys and rotating lazy susan NEED to come back and it is a shame it got removed. It's a signature of Big Brother and helps to build tension.

I think having the two nomination keys creates more tension, because anyone's key could be in one of those two slots.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2016, 06:40:11 PM »
I am watching BB for the first time in my life and I loved the first 2 episodes - watched them today :cheer:

I just really hope there are no (or few) cheesy showmances :lol:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2016, 06:45:59 PM »
Now for the things we could have done without, namely the endless droning of Da'Vonne.  Really, she has a problem with the use of the term Messiah?  Also, the editors are falling into the old tried and true pattern of "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt (FUD), pitting the cunning Da'Vonne against the country bumpkin Nicole.  My gawd, just say to the HOH that they heard someone say they were coming after her and "Bam", Nicole loses her backbone and aparently all her prior knowledge as to how BB works and nominates the first person she hears.  No wonder she was evicted not once but twice in her previous season.  "Wash, rinse. repeat".

I agree, I liked her enough, but she was WAAAAAAAY too overfocused. Da'Vonne works best when she is a toned down character, NOT dominating the entire episode.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2016, 06:56:12 PM »
Here to update episode three lol.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2016, 06:57:47 PM »
Here to update episode three lol.

I'm not alone tonight?  :wohoo:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2016, 06:58:02 PM »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2016, 07:02:36 PM »
We're on! Recapping everything from the two-night special.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2016, 07:07:14 PM »
Nomination ceremony is closed: Jozea and Paulie nominated. Nicole hopes that Paulie doesn't go home.

Jozea says that Nicole should be worried. Paulie doesn't like being nominated, knowing he's not the target.

Paul is cocky about not being one of the nominees.

Victor's thinking that Jozea and Paulie up is a ballsy move.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2016, 07:08:19 PM »
Jozea and Da'Vonne are talking about him going up. She's happy in the DR about the "Messiah" going up. Jozea is saying that he's coming after Nicole.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
Recap of everything.

Noms over. Jozea/Paulie, Jozea thinks he's surviving and Paulie tells Cody not to worry.

Paul somehow thinks he's a strategic mastermind for not going up :res:

Da'Vonne happy about Jozea going up.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2016, 07:10:49 PM »
Nicole's talking about Jozea and how she wanted to present herself at the nomination ceremony.

Jozea talks to a few of the newcomers about how Nicole's probably coming for him, but he's still targeting her. Others don't like that idea.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »
Jozea says Nicole is his target and Bridgette replies with "I FOLLOW HER ON TWITTER" omg I cannot :lol: <3

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2016, 07:13:49 PM »
Da'Vonne and Nicole talking about Jozea in the HOH room... And here he comes. He asks Da'Vonne to leave.

Nicole lying about everyone asking about nominations. Jozea talks about wanting to be HOH and keeping the room closed to himself.

Nicole talking about how she can get her team further in the game. She says that she's going to do everything to get him out of the house.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2016, 07:15:01 PM »
Jozea tries to confront Nicole, Nicole says that she's only nominating him for the sake of her team going further.

In the DR she says that she knows what Jozea thinks and if she's his #1 target, she will do everything to get him out as her #1.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2016, 07:16:07 PM »
Nicole calls everyone to the living room and starts reading a note. Talking about the BB RV and the Roadkill competition.

The power for winning: Putting up a third nomination for eviction.

The winner of the Roadkill competition can put up anyone (except for the HOH), including someone from their own team.

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2016, 07:17:57 PM »
Nicole with an envelope from BB, the BB Road Kill is happening!

The winner of the comp will get to nom a 3rd nominee like MVP on BB15.

Jozea is still confident that he's staying :res:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2016, 07:20:59 PM »
Nicole and a few others are talking about how Jozea is happy about the Roadkill competition.

Jozea thinks that it's a good idea to put Frank up. (Talking to Victor.)

James and Frank are talking about what would happen if Jozea wins the Roadkill.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2016, 07:21:57 PM »
Nicole and Da'Vonne are talking about winning Roadkill every week. Da'Vonne thinks she needs to be all happy to everyone to not get nominated.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2016, 07:23:27 PM »
Da'Vonne and Zakiyah are talking about two black women in the house, which may be a first. Da'Vonne thinks that Zakiyah in an alliance would be a good thing.

Zakiyah thinks that the newcomers are being erratic.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2016, 07:24:54 PM »
Da'Vonne in the HOH room talking to Michelle about an alliance. Michelle is pretty much wanting in to join the veterans.

Alliance: Veterans, Michelle, Zakiyah, and two others. Michelle wants to work with them to begin with.