Author Topic: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Stéphane & Antoine Tétreault (Father & Son)  (Read 8825 times)

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Stéphane & Antoine Tétreault
(Father & Son)

Stéphane Tétreault

Current City: Montréal   
Hometown: Saint Hubert, Que.   
Strengths: Passionate, friendly, and young at heart
Fears/Phobia: Heights
Favourite Travel Destination: “Anywhere hot!”
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “When he talks over me.”

Antoine Tétreault

Current City: Montréal
Hometown: Saint Hubert, Que.   
Strengths: Fearless, perseverant, and ambitious
Fears/Phobia: Snakes
Favourite Travel Destination: “Anywhere far from home, off the beaten path”
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “Anytime he thinks he’s being funny, but he’s not…at all.”
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
ABOUT STÉPHANE AND ANTOINE

Emotional and humorous, Stéphane and Antoine are a fiercely competitive father/son team who both strive to be the best at everything they do. They are confident that their “must-win” attitude will bring out the best in each other and push them to surpass their limits on "The Amazing Race Canada."

Stéphane grew up without a consistent father figure in his life, which presented unique challenges when raising his own three children. ‘’He used this void as motivation to be the very best father he could be…and he succeeded, big time,’’ Antoine says. Antoine faced his biggest challenge two years ago when he came out to his family and friends. He most feared telling the strongest male figure in his life, his father Stéphane. In the end, the whole experience strengthened their bond – Stéphane appreciated the opportunity to learn more about Antoine’s true self and quickly became his biggest supporter.

Stéphane and Antoine are no ordinary father/son duo - their unique relationship sees Antoine as the more mature of the pair as he often feels the need to keep his father “in check” when he’s cracking too many jokes at the wrong time! There is never a dull moment when these two are together – they are always teasing each other or disagreeing about everything. However, they hope to stay focused and to keep their heated discussions in check on the race.

Antoine is always on the lookout for new traveling adventures, trying to find new ways to break his routine and push his limits. With his busy coffee business, Stéphane prefers to use his time off to relax with his wife in the comfort of his cottage or on the beach in the Caribbean. If the pair wins, they plan to use the money to spoil their family and travel the world.

FUN FACTS

Motto: “If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen!”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? The Dodo Birds
Walk on song: “Stronger” – Kanye West
Past team they most associate with: Sukhi and Jinder
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Stephane: Dog
Antoine: Dolphin
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
More team questions from their profile...

Stéphane:

What’s in your backpack? All the necessary clothing and items to compete in all climates, as well as my late dog Misty’s leash (she is running with me!).

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? Pre-retirement.

Why did you choose this as your racing outfit? Because it is practical and my wife thinks I look good in it.

Antoine:

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? Travel the world and touch all continents or live abroad with my boyfriend.

How did you train for the Race? Re-watched all seasons of ‘The Amazing Race Canada’; ran 25 plus km a week; trained at the gym 3 -4 times per week.

What’s one thing you wish you could bring on the Race? My iPhone to listen to music during downtime.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:29:57 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:31:52 AM by Alenaveda »

Offline tennis33

• RFF Full Member
  • 🌎 🏃‍♂️ 🔥
delete
We had one in season 27. Denise and Earl

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
STEPHANE & ANTOINE TETREAULT: Moving away was a moot point for Antoine, who regularly makes the drive from Montreal to his dad in St. Hubert to watch wrestling or The Amazing Race Canada.

“We are a very close knit family, so Antoine is over every week for supper, watch TV, says hi, grabs some groceries,” Stephane says.

“Obviously the wrestlers (last season’s Nick and Matt) were favourites of ours,” Antoine says. “I always said if I were ever on the show, it would be with my dad.”

Support is Stephane’s motto, something he applied a few years ago when Antoine came out as gay. “We will do anything for our kids to be happy. Support for us is an automatic. We do not judge. Live life to the fullest, and you are who you are.”

Source:http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/24/the-amazing-race-canada-big-brother-canada-exes-mrs-universe-and-more-on-season-4

Offline SamualDude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • YES.YES.YES
I like this team! One of my favourites!
It's Clobbering Time!

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Father and son team to represent Montreal area in The Amazing Race Canada 2016 edition

Can a Montreal team take the top prize in the fourth season of The Amazing Race Canada, which begins on Tuesday, June 28 (8 pm) on CTV?

With 10 brand new teams and new, exciting, nail-biting challenges, Canada’s most-watched summer series for three years in a row guarantees to deliver fans more non-stop, action-packed adventures as the teams race across Canada and the world.

Hosted by Canadian Screen Award-winner and Olympic Gold Medallist Jon Montgomery (@jonmonty), the series pits the 10 teams, each comprised of two members with a pre-existing relationship, against each other in the hopes of being the last team standing. This year, the winners will take home $250,000 cash and their choice of any Chevrolet vehicle driven during the race. Additionally, Hotels.com will provide hotel accommodations for a once-in-a-lifetime trip for two around the world. Each Leg Prize (which is awarded to the first place team for that leg of the race) is also provided by Hotels.com. The Leg Prize includes a five-night stay at a pre-determined exotic destination.

The father and son team of Stéphane and Antoine Tétrault from South Shore St. Hubert. They will try and do what no other Montreal team has done thus far- win it all! Season one, of course, had married Montreal Children`s Hospital pediatricians Holly Agostino and Brett Burstein. In season two, there were two local teams: couple Alain Chanoine (an actor) and real estate broker

Audrey Tousignant-Maurice from St. Hubert and Terrebonne meatpackers, brothers Pierre and Michel Forget. Last year, couple Nicholas "Nic" La Monaca (a student and soccer coach) and Sabrina Mercuri, who works in human resources, were on board. They hail from Montreal North and Lachine respectively.

“Being on the Amazing Race Canada was the greatest experience of my life,” Antoine told me when CTV arranged for me to chat with he and his dad. “I started watching the American version of the show when I was 10 years old. When the Canadian edition came on I knew I had to be part of it.”

Stéphane says it was his son who told him he wanted to apply. “I agreed,” he said. “I figured, ‘what are the odds that we will be chosen?’ And then it happened.”

Here is what CTV tells us about the Tétraults. Stéphane and Antoine are a fiercely competitive father/son team who both strive to be the best at everything they do. They are confident that their “must-win” attitude will bring out the best in each other and push them to surpass their limits.

Stéphane grew up without a consistent father figure in his life, which presented unique challenges when raising his own three children. "He used this void as motivation to be the very best father he could be and he succeeded, big time,’’ Antoine says.

Antoine faced his biggest challenge two years ago when he came out to his family and friends. He most feared telling the strongest male figure in his life, his father Stéphane. In the end, the whole experience strengthened their bond – Stéphane appreciated the opportunity to learn more about Antoine’s true self and quickly became his biggest supporter.

Stéphane and Antoine are no ordinary father/son duo - their unique relationship sees Antoine as the more mature of the pair as he often feels the need to keep his father “in check” when he’s cracking too many jokes at the wrong time! There is never a dull moment when these two are together – they are always teasing each other or disagreeing about everything. However, they hope to stay focused and to keep their heated discussions in check on the race.

Antoine is always on the lookout for new travelling adventures, trying to find new ways to break his routine and push his limits, Stéphane prefers to use his time off to relax with his wife in the comfort of his cottage or on the beach in the Caribbean. If the pair wins, they plan to use the money to spoil their family and travel the world.

Stéphane, 51, has his own coffee business and counts Dejeuner Inc. in Dollard des Ormeaux among his clients. Antoine, 25, works as a business financial analyst for the LRM Group, also in Dollard.

During his absence for filming, Stéphane handed business matters to his other son. Antoine simply told friends he was on a business trip. It is always interesting to talk to Amazing Race contestants for there is so little they are able to reveal. We do know that they are not able to communicate with a human being while the show is being taped, nor can they mingle with other contestants when the camera turns off. Their hotel rooms are stripped of TVs and radios. They have no access to newspapers and guards stand in front of their doors and lead them to dinner breaks. Past contestants have told me it is very much like being in prison. And they would not have it any other way.

Source:http://www.thesuburban.com/blogs/cohen_confidential_with_mike_cohen/father-and-son-team-to-represent-montreal-area-in-the/article_e5fd5572-3d57-11e6-8ca2-7b254d9b9c6e.html

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Father and son team up for Amazing Race Canada

Antoine Tetreault, BComm 13, is among this year’s competitors tearing around the country in the fourth season of The Amazing Race Canada. The CTV show kicks off June 28, 2016, at 8 p.m.

Alongside his father, Stéphane Tetreault, the John Molson School of Business graduate will be pushed to his limits as he explores stunning destinations all across Canada — and possibly beyond its borders.

After kicking off in the Northwest Territories, 10 teams will vie for the Season 4 title and a prize package that includes $250,000, a Chevrolet vehicle and hotel accommodations for two for a trip around the world. Last year, Sabrina Mercuri, BA 05, and Concordia student Nic La Monaca teamed up on The Amazing Race Canada’s third season.

Luckily, Antoine Tetreault is no stranger to international travel. “I always save up my vacation time so that I can take three weeks off each year to travel overseas,” he says. Tetreault is an operations manager for Groupe LRM, which operates senior residences in and around Montreal.

“I try to go as far and to as many different places as possible.”

Countries in Tetreault’s extensive travelogue include India, Turkey and Vietnam. “I like to be on the go,” he adds.

Tetreault credits the student exchange he did in Auckland, New Zealand, during his undergraduate degree as the “turning point” in his travels. “That’s when I really got my passion for travelling!”

During the semester away, he hopped from New Zealand to Australia and Fiji.

Yet being an experienced traveller is not all it takes to succeed on The Amazing Race Canada. “It’s such a crazy race, you can’t really prepare for it,” Tetreault says.

“Having a good partner is the most important thing. My dad and I were good at motivating each other.”

He’s excited to watch this season unfold from the other side of the camera. “They film you literally all the time, so you have no idea what’s going to be shown on TV,” says Tetreault.

“But I’m excited for my family and friends to see it. I think we represented ourselves very well and that they will be extremely proud of what we accomplished together.”

Source:http://www.concordia.ca/cunews/offices/vpaer/aar/2016/06/28/father-and-son-team-up-for-amazing-race-canada.html

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This interview is translated from French...

A father-son adventure
Antoine Tétreault spurred - or rather "achalé" - her father for three years before he agreed to audition for The Amazing Race Canada. The perseverance of the young man has paid off since this summer, they finally participate in the popular contest CTV. Own a coffee distribution business, Stéphane Tétreault could hardly release its schedule for several weeks to undertake a race around the world. But this year the planets were aligned. "It was natural for Antoine and I to do this together, because we look so much competition reality show, says Stéphane, 51. Despite my age, I wanted to! "
Only Quebec team at the starting block, Stéphane and Antoine thought they knew what they were getting into by joining The Amazing Race Canada, particularly because they look the American original version for a good fifteen years. That is why the gap between reality and what you see on the screen has destabilized.
"When we look at the issue in his living room, everything seems much simpler and much less strenuous, observes Stéphane. But in reality, it is a race that is simply diabolical. It is demanding on all levels: emotional, mental, physical. It's a race that puts absolutely everything to the test. "
"Every race is condensed into 40 minutes, but can sometimes last 72 hours, added Antoine, 25 years. This is much longer, much more difficult and much more exhausting. After a few days, fatigue loads and it accumulates day by day. As participants, we did not have time to recharge our batteries between each round. So the more it progresses, we were stressed and tired. "
Family feud
Although they must keep secret the end of the competition or its conduct, Stéphane and Antoine Tétreault suggest that some "family baffles" came punctuate their journey.
"My biggest fear was to clash with my father, says Anthony. Because my father and I are two strong heads. I knew it could be a problem. By dint of being with the same person round the clock, it is sure that there are risks of friction. The objective is to know well managed. Because a conflict, it can derail a team. "
Speaking with Antoine and Stéphane Tétreault of The Amazing Race Canada producers quickly realize why we have selected them to take part in the contest this year. The tandem has certainly not the language in his pocket. Despite initiated fifties, Stéphane Tétreault admits to being "less mature" than his son. "I have a fiery nature, admits the father. And more often than not, it is I who do things a little awkward. I try to be funny, but it is not always. One thing is sure, I'm not afraid of ridicule! "
Travel Travel
Besides a strong interest in reality shows, Stéphane and Antoine share a passion for travel. It is in their choice of destinations they are quite different.
"I love my little comfort, admits Stephen. So when I go traveling, I go to Cuba! "
For his part, Antoine has a fiber adventurer much more developed.
"Every year, I try to from three to four weeks, says the financial analyst. I am someone who loves adventure. I did the bungee. I did the parachute. I slept in a desert in India. I like to visit different places and far from Canada, such as Vietnam, Turkey, New Zealand and Fiji. "

Source:http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2016/06/25/une-aventure-pere-fils

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
To be honest they were a REALLY entertaining team and I think it's interesting that the parent got so much of the airtime! Rooting for them tbh

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
They are stronger and more entertaining than I thought.  :grins:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Stephané killing a heights Roadblock, dancing at the bus ARI , and essentially being a lowkey load while Antoine yells at him to go faster is definitely not what I expected from them :lol: <3

Considering how bad father/son teams usually are, they may actually be easily my favorite father/son team ever? Love them <3

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Stephané killing a heights Roadblock, dancing at the bus ARI , and essentially being a lowkey load while Antoine yells at him to go faster is definitely not what I expected from them :lol: <3

Considering how bad father/son teams usually are, they may actually be easily my favorite father/son team ever? Love them <3

I second this. Stephane is a cool dad. Obviously they are way better than "Whine" & Connor.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:50:15 PM by TARUSAFan »

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Really enjoying them! I wonder how far they really will go.

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring
I wish Stephane tried harder and didn't help the other teams. :groan: They were fun to watch, sad that they were gone.  :gaah:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'The Amazing Race Canada': Stephane and Antoine reveal hatred of ducks after elimination

After their elimination on this week’s Amazing Race Canada, father-son duo Stephane and Antoine have fallen out of love with ducks.

“I don’t like ’em ... I despise them,” Stephane told Postmedia Network the day after he and his son were sent home from Vietnam. “I will not be eating ducks. I will not be eating ducks for supper. Never will I have a duck poutine. We don’t connect anymore ... I used to eat duck and there was no animosity, but now? It’s major.”

The pair was eliminated after Stephane failed to corral 20 ducks from a flock of 300 into his pen. Feeling the extreme heat, the team took a four-hour penalty and were sent home at the Mekong Lodge Pit Stop.

Stephane and Antoine are the second team to be ousted in Season 4 following best friends Anthony and Brandon, who were axed in the series debut.

We caught up with Stephane and Antoine in Toronto to talk about missed opportunities and why their motto came back to haunt them.

Stephane, you helped other teams complete the duck challenge and no one seemed to reciprocate. Did you think helping the other teams was a mistake?

“We’ve talked about it a lot ... absolutely. I was helping out the other teams, expecting some kind of help in return and that didn’t materialize. So yes, if I were to do this challenge again, I would do things differently...”

What was your initial reaction to the duck challenge?

Antoine: “It sounded very straight forward on paper. When we read the Roadblock it was instantaneous. I said, ‘Dad, you’re taking this one. It doesn’t sound too hard...’ We didn’t account for the fact that the ducks could be stubborn, that he would be under 53-degree heat in the beating sun. It ended up being harder than we expected, but that was the case for all the teams there ... no one really understands how hard it was.”

Is your motto still: If you can’t take the heat, get out of the kitchen?

Antoine: “I love that you brought that up. I reread that the day the episode aired and I thought, ‘How ironic to be eliminated because of the heat.’ Clearly, we had to get out of the kitchen.”

Who is the strongest team that’s still in the race and who is the weakest?

Antoine: “I think you can tell from last night’s episodes that Anne and Tanya are really tired ... But another team I think is underperforming is Joel and Ashley. If we’re talking strong teams, you have to look at Jillian and Emmett — they’re kicking butt — and Steph and Kristen are doing well also ... but it’s hard to say. I never would have predicted that we would do so well in the first two legs and then come crashing down so fast in the third.”

Stephane: “Jillian and Emmett, and Steph and Kristen are the strong teams. In terms of the weaker teams, maybe Kate and Kelly. Sometimes their strategy seems a bit off, but then again, who are we to judge?”

Source:http://jam.canoe.com/Television/2016/07/13/22651487.html

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
The were really interesting it was hard to see them crumble after starting off the race so well :(

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Stéphane and Antoine the father and son team of the Amazing Race Canada came in this morning to talk about being eliminated and their experience on the show. Stéphane credited his downfall to those stubborn ducks. Antoine thinks his dad was helpful to the other teams and didn't realize that the other team members didn’t help him. Stéphane talks about challenges working in 54 degree weather, his body temperature rose to 104 degrees, at one point running with an ice pack on his neck. All in all they loved the experience and what it did for their relationship. They say they would jump at the chance to take part in the Amazing Race Canada again.

Source:http://www.chumfm.com/blogs/2016/07/13/roger-marilyn---wednesday-july-13---are-you-a-screen-walker

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
STÉPHANE AND ANTOINE SAY TAKING A PENALTY ON ‘THE AMAZING RACE CANADA’ WAS NOT ‘GIVING UP’

Stéphane and Antoine Tétreault say taking a penalty in Vietnam was not ‘giving up’ as they had no other option.

The father and son team decided they couldn’t continue the Roadblock that required Stéphane to herd 20 ducks into a pen when the extreme heat started taking a toll on him.

“Three hours in total sunshine, 53 degrees, no clouds, it got the best of me,” says Stéphane.

One of the reasons it took Stéphane longer to complete the Roadblock was because he was also helping the other teams separate their ducks into the pen.

“I started helping the other teams thinking that they would help back. Unfortunately that did not materialize.”

Antoine, who was watching from the sideline, wasn’t happy with his dad’s decision.

“We’re very nice people, we like to help people out, that’s how we are in real life. I think in the context of the ‘Race’ you have to be smart about how you help people and I think that’s what was frustrating for me. I think the mistake my dad made, it was not helping people, it was not making it clear, ‘Hey I’m helping you (and) after you are done let’s do mine.’”

Stéphane was still working at the challenge when all the other teams left and made a decision he could no longer continue as it was a threat to his health.

“There was no other option. My body was shutting down,” says Stéphane. “I was really delusional. It was getting very dangerous to my health.”

After being assessed by medics (something that fellow racer Tanya also needed) and having a chance to cool down, Stéphane and Antoine decided to continue. Antoine picked up the slack in the following coconut Detour and carried both backpacks to make it easier on his dad.

“He couldn’t do much and I knew it and I was just like, ‘You know what it’s my turn to push through so let me just power through this challenge’ and that’s what I did. It allowed us to check into the mat … I told my dad,  ‘I don’t care if we have to wait hours until you recuperate until we get started on the Detour but I will not walk to the mat and accept two penalties.’”

But despite the difficulties in Vietnam, both Stéphane and Antoine say running ‘The Amazing Race Canada’ was an experience like none other.   

“It was life-changing,” says Stéphane.

“I’ve done some really cool stuff in my life … but when I think about the ‘Race’ I don’t think I’ve ever had as much fun as I did during that period in time,” echoes Antoine.

Running the ‘Race’ together was also especially meaningful for the father and son.

“Nobody will be able to understand the bond that’s been created, what we went through, the emotions, the compassion. Me seeing (Antoine push),” says Stéphane.

“(My dad) had the chance to show me what he’s got and I’m very proud of that and I think I had the chance to show him what I’ve got and it just makes us very proud of each other,” adds Antoine.

“I think that’s the best thing you can ask for and that’s brought us a lot closer.”

Source:http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/news/stephane-and-antoine-say-taking-a-penalty-on-the-a?cid=tarc2016_071716_community_facebook_TARCstephaneantoinearticle

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Maybe they are the second team, the media article says needed medical attention?   ??? ???