Author Topic: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Anne Morrone & Tanya Muzzatti (Best friends)  (Read 8145 times)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Anne Morrone & Tanya Muzzatti
(Best friends)

Anne Morrone

Current City: Toronto, Ont.   
Hometown:  Woodbridge, Ont.   
Strengths:  Confidence, organization, and running
Fears/Phobia:  Spiders and snakes
Favourite Travel Destination:  Europe
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “She is always late!”

Tanya Muzzatti

Current City: Toronto, Ont.   
Hometown: Woodbridge, Ont.   
Strengths: Organization, physical strength, and great driving skills     
Fears/Phobia: Heights
Favourite Travel Destination: Scandinavia
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “She cannot sit still.”  
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
ABOUT ANNE AND TANYA

Anne and Tanya are high-energy, single moms who have been best friends for more than 35 years. They met after Tanya had a fight with Anne – over her princess crown – at age five. Throughout the years, they’ve supported each other through highs (marriage, kids, living in NYC) and lows (death, divorce, financial hardship). They are inseparable friends who experience one crazy adventure after another…and next on their list is winning "The Amazing Race Canada."

Anne and Tanya epitomize the word ‘Supermom.’ They both admit to running a race every single day, whether it’s their new business venture or taking care of their kids. Anne and Tanya have lived through the difficulties of being single moms and sharing these experiences have made their friendship stronger. “We want to inspire women and single moms out there who may also be struggling, they need to know they can kick butt and come out tougher,” says Anne.

For Anne and Tanya, crossing the finish line would mean helping secure their children’s future and give them every opportunity possible. This positive pair intends to show Canada that 40 year-old single moms can run "The Amazing Race Canada" and look good doing it!

FUN FACTS

Motto: “Fearless, fabulous, gonna win it!”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? Marvelous Mamas
Walk on song: “Uprising” – Muse
Past team they most associate with: Mickey and Pete 
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Anne: Eagle
Tanya: Wolf 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
More team questions from their profile...

Anne:

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? Grow my business and travel with my son.

How did you train for the Race? Personal trainer twice a week. Running 6 km three times a week, lots of hills.

What’s one thing you wish you could bring on the Race? My phone – to call or FaceTime my son – I miss him!

Tanya:

What’s your must-have item of clothing? Leather workout pants.

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? Travelling/exploring the world with my family.

What’s in your backpack? Everything but the kitchen sink.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They seem hilarious omg :lol:

GO MARVELOUS MOMMAS :lol: :lol: :lol:  <3

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
 A pair of moms and both in their 40's. Looks fun like a fun team to me.  :cheer:

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Kale & Cabbage

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ANNE MORRONE & TANYA MUZZATTI: From Woodbridge, Ont. – a town synonymous with Italian-Canadians – come two single moms who’ve been best friends since age 5.

Anne is a former opera and pop singer, an alumnus of the Boston Conservatory, who decided, “when I had my son, it was time to stop (traveling).”

Says Tanya: “Through 36 years of dealing with the highs and lows, we always say we communicate in four ways, through our mouths, our hands, our eyes, and telepathically. “Somehow, we always show up with the same outfit, the same something.”

And they’re in top shape, after each losing 70 pounds of baby weight together. “We carried 140 pounds between us,” Tanya says.

Source:http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/24/the-amazing-race-canada-big-brother-canada-exes-mrs-universe-and-more-on-season-4

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They are trainwrecks already alol <3

It's honestly funny how a team on the FIRST FLIGHT that completed the SLT in SECOND PLACE easily fell to last before even doing a task. Have we ever had that before?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Cute gamer! :D

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Keepcopz

• RFF Sr. Member
These two. <3333

F3 PLZ <333

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They're actually decent racers aside from their navigation?

Loved them randomly finishing the Detour ahead of teams and actually doing the best out of all the teams on the last bus :lol: <3

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Anne doing most of the detour by herself is remarkable. These two have the guts to go far!

Hooray for the Moms for surviving. Loving their tenacity.  :conf:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f8SdYiI8GpM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f8SdYiI8GpM</a>

Their training was running a fake TARCAN leg :lol: <3

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
These two are doing a live chat on Facebook now!

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Can they return in a redemption season please </3

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'The Amazing Race Canada': Anne and Tanya fail to pull off miracle win

To hear executive producer John Brunton tell it, they were the most directionally-challenged team in the history of The Amazing Race Canada.

And yet, Anne Morrone and Tanya Muzzatti, the Woodbridge, Ontario single moms, almost pulled off the most amazing comeback in the show’s history – all the way from hours back in the pack during the last leg of the show’s visit to Vietnam.

“We’ve been using GPS for 10 years! Who uses a map anymore?” quipped Morrone, who cemented their reputation earlier in the season by getting lost in Jasper National Park and seemingly deciding to drive to Edmonton.

The lifelong best friends survived the previous week in Cai Be, Vietnam, mainly because the 40 C heat got to the father-and-son team of Stephane and Antoine Tetreault worse than it did to them – with Tanya suffering heat stroke mid-race.

Being in seventh place in Tuesday’s episode meant they took a bus to Ho Chi Minh City nearly three hours after first-place winners Joel Ground and Ashley Callingbull. And that time difference meant they arrived during rush hour.

“Oh my God! It was like Manhattan on steroids,” said Muzzatti.

And yet somehow, they sailed through every subsequent roadblock that had flummoxed the other teams. “We scarfed down those bugs in a heartbeat,” Muzzatti said of the specialty restaurant A SOI, whose live coconut worms had Callingbull barfing on national television.

And at the Phat Thanh Vinh Garage, Morrone assembled a motorcycle on her first try – the only contestant to do so apart from Ground, who is a professional mechanic. “I would have much preferred Tanya had done that challenge. She’s way more technically savvy when it comes to putting things together. But all those years of my dad as a master plumber and master fix-it guy, somehow that must have rubbed off.”

And a production crew that had written off the moms hours earlier (and lamented an episode that would be entirely drama-free, elimination-wise), were suddenly excitedly alerting each other of a comeback in the making.

Morrone and Muzzatti found themselves in the trendy rooftop Glow Skybar, attempting the Tom Cruise-like bottle-juggling Cocktail challenge. And they were in a race with Jillian MacLaughlin and Emmett Blois – the bickersome Big Brother Canada alumni who’ve become the presumptive favourites after winning the first two legs of this season of The Amazing Race Canada.

Jill and Emmett – who had had a head start of several hours – were on their 63rd attempt at making Glow Skybar’s signature cocktail. They were so exhausted, Jill had long since stopped screaming, “Emmett!” at her ex-boyfriend.

But that’s where the comeback-for-the-ages ended. “They just finished just before we took our second attempt at the cocktail. How they lost that many hours to us in the first place, we had no idea,” Muzzatti said.

There was the option of a karaoke challenge (nailed by eventual winners Kelly Xu and Kate Pan) with a Vietnamese pop song that became an earworm for anybody who heard it. It might have been a logical choice for Morrone, who is an ex-opera singer.

“We talked about it. Maybe we should we have done the karaoke. But I don’t think anything would have happened differently. It’s not easy singing in another language, I know that from experience.

“We made that decision and we really didn’t think there was anything more we could have done.”

Morrone and Muzzatti say they watched their elimination Tuesday alone together in a Toronto bar.

“All the other shows, we watched with family and friends and had parties. But where we knew we were going out, it was just the two of us,” Morrone said. “It just seemed right.”

And life is back to normal, Muzzatti says. “My 10-year-old, she was, like, the cool kid at school for a while. But in terms of our day-to-day lives, y’know, it’s laundry, dishes and a lot of memories.”

Source:http://www.torontosun.com/2016/07/20/the-amazing-race-canada-anne-and-tanya-fail-to-pull-off-miracle-win

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I loved them! What a great friendship!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ANNE AND TANYA PROUD TO SHOW THEIR KIDS HOW FAR THEY COULD GO ON 'THE AMAZING RACE CANADA'

After two challenging legs in Vietnam, Anne and Tanya’s time on “The Amazing Race Canada” came to an end but the two best friends say they are so proud of themselves for battling extreme heat, dizzying heights and eating bugs to get as far as they did.

In the previous leg in the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam, Tanya was tasked with herding an unruly flock of ducks into a pen in scorching temperatures – something that caught up with her later in the leg when she suffered heat stroke and had to call in the medics.

“I quickly learned that when they say to you ‘stay hydrated’ you need to stay hydrated … But I was just so focused and determined to get the ducks in the pen and get Anne and I going that I didn’t have a stitch of water. I tried to catch up as we were moving onto the next (challenge) but my body just got upset at me and started shutting down,” says Tanya.

Anne says it was a scary moment to watch her friend go down but knew she had to keep pushing on to keep them in the leg. She took on the Detour transporting coconuts on her own so Tanya had time to recover.

When they got to the Pit Stop they found out Stéphane and Antoine had taken a four-hour penalty, meaning Anne and Tanya were able to stay in the ‘Race’ and continue on to Ho Chi Minh City.

Once there, Anne had to reassemble a scooter before both she and Tanya had to sample some “Vietnamese delicacies.”

“I thought I was going to die,” says Anne with a laugh. “Tanya and I had this agreement going in that she was going to eat the bugs and I was going to jump and we got to that Detour and we both had to do it.”

“There was so much on the plate. It was hard to eat all those bugs and the bat … it was gross.”

But they knew they just had to do it.

“You get to that point, after what we went through the day before and all the other legs, how can you give up now?” says Tanya.

“They really upped it this year for us, right from jumping out of the tram (in Jasper),” says Anne.

They then headed to the Flip Flop Detour and were shocked to see Jillian and Emmett still at the challenge, considering they started the leg so far behind and encountered a slow bus and traffic along the way.

“I think at that point we felt we still had a chance,” says Tanya.

But the exes finished just ahead of the best friends, meaning Anne and Tanya were eliminated. Even so, Tanya said the experience brought them even closer together.

“This is pretty extreme, this is not everyday life and doing this with your friend and having this experience, it takes it to a whole new level I think … It was overall a very positive thing to be at this age and be at this stage and be mothers,” says Tanya.

“And to show our kids that you try and never know what will happen,” says Anne.

Anne adds that her six-year-old son was delighted to see his mom singing “Happy Birthday” to him while rappelling down the Calgary Tower.

“He loved it. It was a very special moment for me because I was very guilty being away for his birthday, I felt really badly about it … When we watched it together to see the smile on his face, he was just beaming.”

Source:http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/news/anne-and-tanya-proud-to-show-kids-amazing-race-can

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
‘The Amazing Race Canada’ Team ‘died’ over eating those bugs

Luck just wasn’t on Anne Morrone and Tanya Muzzatti‘s side Tuesday night when The Amazing Race Canada headed to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The life-long best friends and single moms had an uphill battle from the start when they were the last to depart, and they never quite caught up despite giving it their all.

Through digestible creepy crawlies, some flair bar-tending and really missing their kids, Anne and Tanya proved that single moms are some of the strongest women around, through their time on The Race. Here they tell us what went wrong, what those bugs really tasted like, and why karaoke wasn’t a Road Block option, despite Anne’s opera background.

What went wrong?

Muzzatti: At the beginning of the leg we started as the last team and we started fairly late. Then we hit some traffic that set us back quite a bit of time. That hurt us for sure in the beginning, but then we did manage to catch up.

Morrone: I did the Road Block with the scooter in the first shot. But then the Detour, the two Detours (minus the bugs!) we didn’t waste that much time even though it was horrible. But when it came to the karaoke or the bartending, both of those options were pretty difficult. They looked easy, but once you got into them they were difficult.

Do you guys regret not doing karaoke? Anne, you sing opera!

Morrone: I know how difficult it is to sing in different languages, I sing in like six languages and I know what it’s like. I was also a little bit worried about Tanya because she doesn’t have that experience. Plus in the past when you look at the race, everyone who does a challenge where they’re a professional they don’t seem to do very well at it! We figured we’re both always in the kitchen, we’re both good at it, we can do this bar-tending thing together.

Tell us about the bugs.

Morrone: It was horrific, it was my absolute worst nightmare. Tanya and I had this big conversation before we left, and I would do all the heights and the jumping and she would do the bug-eating. When it came to it and we both had to do the bugs, we died.

Tanya you have no problems with that kind of stuff?

Muzzatti: I was prepared for it, I can’t say that I didn’t have any problems with it. I was especially caught off guard by what we got for dessert. Those things were moving. Visually all I could imagine at that point was them crawling around in my stomach. It was pretty tough for both of us.

Morrone: And the bat! Like the teeth and the wings… it was all there.

What was it like reuniting with kids?

Muzzatti: It was amazing. Obviously we would have loved to have gone to the end, but we really did miss our kids. It was a long way away, and it was wonderful to see them again.

Morrone: You run the race, it’s really tough and then you go back to your room and your kids aren’t there. Luckily Tanya and I love each other so it was all good, but we definitely really missed them.

What’s the key to such a long friendship? You’ve been besties for 30-plus years!

Morrone: The ups and downs that we’ve been through together and also the honesty that we have. Tanya and I don’t BS. We know each other so well, so just being really honest with each other has kept us going. I know I can get an honest opinion from her.

Muzzatti: And respect — to have respect for one another on things that are unique or can be annoying. Just respect that you’re each different and the support that we give each other is insurmountable.

What’s Jon Montgomery like when the cameras are off?

Morrone: He’s awesome! He is such a nice man. Totally awesome.

Muzzatti: He’s amazing.

Would you travel together again?

Muzzatti: Oh yeah, 100 per cent. We travelled beforehand, we travelled during the race and we’ll definitely continue doing that.

Morrone: We really love Europe, obviously we’d love to go there. Our parents were all born in Italy so we have a root there that we really love to go back and visit. But Tanya and I want to do something fun with the kids. We were hoping that we were going to take them on a safari after this in South Africa, but we’ll just have to figure out another way to do it.

Any advice for the other teams going forward?

Muzzatti: Everyone is actually playing an amazing game, we have a lot of respect for all of the teams. They’re all playing a great game and what we learned is you can start out on top and then somehow find yourself on the bottom.

Morrone: It’s anyone’s game at any point and you have to remember that. You have to just keep racing to the end. Tanya and I saw Jill and Emmett there at the end, but we didn’t know how many other teams were in or out at any point. You have to just keep racing.

Anything to add?

Muzzatti: We hope we encourage all the moms and dads and BFFs out there to go and audition and try the race. It’s awesome.

Source:http://www.theloop.ca/the-amazing-race-canada-team-died-over-eating-those-bugs/

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Leg 5 wasn't the same without them, they were definitely firecrackers.

I can still hear Anne's loud reactions to the bugs in my head :lol:

"Hail Mary help me...Go! 1, 2, 3!"
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:38:19 PM by Maanca »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Anne Morrone & Tanya Muzzatti (Best friends)
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2016, 09:13:01 PM »
I really loved this team. Strong feisty women who showed everyone just how important their friendship was. Hated to see them go!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.