Author Topic: EP 22 recap NATALIE NIXED, MARVIN HOH  (Read 2234 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP 22 recap NATALIE NIXED, MARVIN HOH
« on: August 27, 2004, 12:04:48 AM »
NATALIE NIXED, MARVIN HOH

In fairly overwhelming fashion, by a vote of 4 to 1, Natalie is evicted from the BIG BROTHER House. After a week of heavy politicking by both twins, with Drew seemingly the reed in the wind, the eventual tally sends a resounding message that Will will be avenged, and that breaking promises at this stage of the game is not okay. Marvin, following his THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS win, finishes out the week strong with victory in the Head of Household Competition.

AS THE HOUSE TURNS

The only constant in the BIG BROTHER House is change, and as fewer and fewer HouseGuests remain, those changes are coming ever faster and with greater fury. The indomitable Natalie refuses to lie down and call it a day as she continues to fight the good fight, campaigning to the end. First up on her campaign tour is Drew, and she tries to paint a pretty dark picture of what the House will be like without her: "You need to be thinking about who's got your back." It seems to be sinking in as Drew admits that if it ends up being all the twins--Drew, Diane, Natalie and Adria--then four is a big number when there are only six people left. He also thinks that if he keeps the twins around, he won't have to worry about getting taken down. "Keeping the twins in keeps the target on them," he reasons.

Marvin, the House expert on being on the block, shares some of his views on how important it is for Cowboy to keep his head in the game, even if it seems like he's safe. "Anytime you're a veto nomination, you might be getting back-doored," warns Marvin.

Drew's desire to go with the twins threatens to undermine his relationship with Diane when he pushes her to side with the twin alliance. Diane stands up to her sleeping buddy, saying, "I'm not scared to push forward with what I believe in, and I don't believe in the twins." Drew gets fired up and continues trying to sway Diane, but she is resolute. As they near the end of their chat, Cowboy, of whom they have been speaking in less than glowing terms, emerges from behind the closed bathroom door.

JULIE CHATS WITH NAKOMIS

Nakomis has an audience with host Julie Chen and fields the tough questions that she knows are coming. Julie goes right to the heart of the matter by asking Nakomis how tough it was to put up her half-brother, Michael. Nakomis admits that it was very difficult: "I did have a talk with him, and he was all right with it. I was also told he would be completely safe." Julie does not let up with the hard-hitting questions, asking Nakomis how she could go against her word as she promised not to put Michael on the block. Nakomis lets Julie know she's always thinking. "I knew that question was coming," she responds, "There was some question surrounding Drew, but everybody felt Michael would be safe. I sat down with him, and he respected me for asking him." Julie's final question is how Nakomis will feel if her plan backfires. Her answer: If her plan backfires, she'll be joining him right quick!

MARVIN'S MOMENT IN THE SUN

The HouseGuests gather in front of the TV to learn who among them was America's Choice for a walk-on role on CBS's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. One by one, the names fall away on the screen until only Marvin, Michael and Drew are left. Off goes Drew, then Michael, leaving BIG BROTHER 5's biggest Y&R fan, Marvin, as the big winner. He is so overwhelmed he starts crying and has to sit down to compose himself while a disappointed Cowboy watches him from afar. "I never cried tears of joy in my life," Marvin admits.

Marvin leaves the House and rides in his personal stretch limo to the fictional town of Genoa City to meet the cast and crew of THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. His enthusiasm seems to be catching as every cast member who meets him is genuinely thrilled to make his acquaintance. Marvin does a "guest star" turn as a gym attendant handing out water bottles, then returns triumphantly to the House. He tells his fellow HouseGuests how exciting it was to have people calling his name as he walked around the set. Marvin's appearance on Y&R will air Monday, August 30.

FIRST ON THE JURY: WILL

While Will may have left the House, he has not left the game. Rather, he has simply journeyed from the confines of the BIG BROTHER House to the Jury house. Will settles into his luxurious surroundings like a man who has been led out of the desert and into an oasis. Of course, he still has plenty of ill will towards those who evicted him. He finds a spot that's cold, dirty and in the shadows, and says it would be a good place for Adria to sleep. Will enjoys frolicking in the sand and relaxing in the pool, but admits he'd rather be in the BIG BROTHER House "fighting for that prize."

JULIE TALKS WITH NATALIE AND COWBOY

Nominees Natalie and Michael have an opportunity to try one last time to sway the vote and give shout-outs. Michael, aka Cowboy, thanks God, his fiancée April and their son Chason, as well as April's parents, Rick and Judy. He mentions his personal motto, "Don't let anything get in the way of your dreams," adding, "If I leave tonight, I won't gain one friend, I'll gain thirteen." For her part, Natalie reiterates that if she stays in the game, she hopes to be seen as herself, not one-half of the twin equation.

LIVE VOTE

Karen is first to vote, and she casts her vote against Natalie. Marvin goes second, also casting against Natalie. Adria votes to evict Cowboy. Then Diane and Drew both vote to evict Natalie. Julie then informs Natalie that she has been evicted by a vote of 4 to 1. Adria is tearful as she says goodbye to her twin, knowing that she is now alone in the House. If there was any doubt before, there isn't now, as evidenced by the vote.

JULIE INTERVIEWS NATALIE

Natalie takes the long walk to the Julie Chen sitdown and seems to be in good spirits. Julie recaps how Natalie and Adria began the game as one person and asks if Natalie feels she was ever seen as an individual, to which she replies no. Turning a negative into a positive, Natalie adds that her leaving may give her sister Adria a well-deserved 100 percent chance.

Natalie holds her ground and does not become weepy watching the goodbyes from her former housemates until Adria's farewell tape rolls and seeing her sister all torn up has the same effect on her.

AMERICA'S CHOICE: WHO GETS A T-MOBILE PHONE CALL FROM OUTSIDE THE HOUSE?

America has another chance to give the HouseGuests a wonderful gift, and this time it is a call from the outside world. The married folk yearn for their spouses, and Marvin just lets it sing from the heart: "I want my momma!"

HoH COMPETITION: PUTTING FOR POWER

The HoH Competition is a simple putting game. Three putting greens are arranged side by side on a gentle uphill slope. The HouseGuests are to go in two groups of three. The first in each group to sink a ball advances to the next round. In the final round showdown, the HouseGuest who sinks the most balls in 60 seconds will be the new Head of Household.

Group one is made up of Drew, Diane and Cowboy. Fresh from his non-eviction, Cowboy nails his first ball. Then it's Adria, Marvin and Karen, and Marvin is first to sink the ball. Now, it's 60 seconds to see whether Marvin or Cowboy will sink the most balls.

Marvin waits until 32 seconds are left to sink his first ball. Cowboy ties him up with a putt right quick. But then, Marvin hits another, and another. Cowboy sinks one more. Then Marvin, after having one rim-ou,t just keeps sinking them. Marvin has one of the best weeks of life, following his Y&R cameo with the HoH win.

Who will Marvin put on the block? How will the House reconfigure now that one of the twins is out? Find out Tuesday night, during a special hour at 8PM ET/PT, on BIG BROTHER 5.

There will be no Saturday episode of BIG BROTHER this week, so be sure to tune in for a special episode on Tuesday, August 31, one hour earlier at 8PM ET/PT.