Author Topic: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Rita Yakibonge & Yvette Yakibonge (Twin Sisters)  (Read 11637 times)

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Rita Yakibonge & Yvette Yakibonge
(Twin Sisters)

Rita Yakibonge
Current City: Edmonton
Birthplace: Montréal, Que.
Strengths: Determined, creative, and people skills
Fears/Phobia: Heights
Favourite Travel Destination: New York City
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “Her stubbornness.”

Twitter: @ritayakis
Instagram: @ritayakibonge

Yvette Yakibonge
Current City: Edmonton
Birthplace: Montréal, Que.
Strengths: Perceptive, good communication skills, and driven
Fears/Phobia: Large bodies of water
Favourite Travel Destination: North Carolina
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “Her stubbornness.”

Instagram: @yvetteyakibonge

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ABOUT RITA AND YVETTE

Born in Montréal, Rita and Yvette are sassy twins known for being loud and having fun. Although this outspoken duo has a competitive nature and hates to lose, they come from humble beginnings and have overcome many obstacles to get where they are today. They owe a lot to their mother, who, after their parents divorced, moved the family to Edmonton, raising six daughters all on her own!

These French-speaking sisters have just graduated from university and are now ready to take on "The Amazing Race Canada." They're not afraid to hurt each other's feelings knowing that being honest is the best way to move forward. They believe their biggest roadblock will be getting too much inside their own heads, although they are confident their drive and excellent communication skills will help them through to the end. The girls hope to win the race and use the prize money to pay off their student loans. They also want to visit, and eventually help their mother retire in the Congo, where their family originates. 

FUN FACTS

Motto: “Slay!”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? Ebony & Ivory
Walk on song: “Live your Life” – T.I. feat. Rihanna
Past team they most associate with: Brent and Sean
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Rita: Raven
Yvette: A Lioness

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More questions from their profile:

Rita:

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? - Travel/volunteer.

What’s in your backpack? - Everything that could fit! Mostly clothes.

How did you train for the Race? - Hit the gym hardcore.

Yvette:

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? - Go work in a different country for a year or two.

Why did you choose this as your racing outfit? - Breathable, versatile, fits well.

How did you train for the Race?  - Hit the gym regularly, tried to do puzzles, watched other seasons.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TWINS!!  :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
Twins and African-Canadian!  Black, just like I'd thought!  So they or their family is from the Congo?  Interesting, given all that's going on down there.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
They have so much potential to be the Canadian Natalie & Nadiya omg <3

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
They have so much potential to be the Canadian Natalie & Nadiya omg <3

Agreed. As far as appearance, I'm reminded of Jazmine & Danielle, but that bio screams Twinnies :D

Offline Quốc Nghĩa

• RFF Sr. Member
  • #neverstopexploring

Short but deep motto I've ever heard.  :funny:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster

Short but deep motto I've ever heard.  :funny:

The motto says it all. Definitely the Canadian version of Natalie & Nadiya.  :hearts:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
RITA & YVETTE YAKIBONGE: Twin sisters and Service Canada agents in Edmonton, whose family came from the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rita and Yvette are mixed about whether they have an advantage.

“There isn’t much that has to be said between twins,” says Yvette.

“But sometimes when we play sports like badminton, it gets bad because it gets too competitive and we go a little too hard,” Rita adds.

“It goes with the territory to hurt each other’s feelings,” Yvette says. “We know we’ll always be together anyway.”

Avid athletes, they’ve got the physicality covered. What about mental preparation? “We probably should have done more of that,” Rita says with a laugh.

And maps? “I’ve never used enough maps to really know,” Yvette says.

“Oh my God, it’s going to be a disaster!” Rita says, laughing again.

Source:http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/24/the-amazing-race-canada-big-brother-canada-exes-mrs-universe-and-more-on-season-4

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
:funny: :funny: :funny:

https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCDA/status/751114218930204672

That part was hilarious. The guy and the operator must have been so confused  :funny:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
:funny: :funny: :funny:

https://twitter.com/AmazingRaceCDA/status/751114218930204672

That part was hilarious. The guy and the operator must have been so confused  :funny:

That part when they asked them "Are you performing" The guy said "yeah" then it took them a few seconds to realize there's no Beatnik Bus.  :funny:

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
LOL I love this team. They are hilarious.

First EP
We are twins and were always together. She won't leave. :funny: (something like that)
2nd EP
Looking for the Calgary Tower :funny:
Asking that random musician :funny:
Using the help box for their emergency :funny:
Their Video game exp :funny:
run  :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
They're great!!!
<<<<<<< This!  :funny:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Their Video game exp :funny:

That was Kelly & Kate :lol:

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
They're hilarious in this leg.  :hearts:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I love them so much and they're not even edited as giant characters.

That's partly their appeal. Most of the time twin all-female teams are shown as firey and loud personalities with distinguishing traits (Natalie & Nadiya, Kami & Karli, Liz & Marie). These two are just low-key fun and it's so refreshing because it makes every big moment of one cheering LOUDLY for the other that much better <3

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
Getting that kind of edit Ryan & Rob did, that can make you think "are they still here?" :(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 11:35:47 PM by Maanca »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I loved this team. Sisters, twins, tough strong women...they NEVER gave up, consistently gave it their all!!  How great to overcome a speedbump and a U-Turn and nearly beat out the team that U-Turned them!  Going to miss them!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have never seen a team that was so happy after reading their pitstart clue especially when the last line was Caution: Double UTurn ahead. :funny:
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
RIP QUEENS </3
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline TARUSAFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Rita Yakibonge & Yvette Yakibonge (Twin Sisters)
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 10:08:31 AM »
Can't believe they were eliminated ugh.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 10:51:26 AM »
First team in 4 seasoons that didn't come back from a non-elimination :(

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 11:09:53 AM »
RITA AND YVETTE THANKFUL TO HAVE FOUGHT ANOTHER DAY ON 'THE AMAZING RACE CANADA'

Although it was a bitter-sweet goodbye for twin sisters Rita and Yvette on Wednesday’s episode of “The Amazing Race Canada,” the girls could not express how happy they were to have been able to fight another day in the race after landing a non-elimination round on the previous leg in Havana, Cuba.

“Getting a second chance like that, especially after it was such a rough day, that was the best feeling. That just gave us the boost and motivation that we needed,” says Yvette.

Unfortunately that luck ran out in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia where the girls were eliminated after facing a challenging final leg.

“It was so physical, everything we did that day took everything out of us. From beginning to end it was all just strength and endurance, and that was the hardest thing,” says Rita.

“From dragging what felt like a 200 lb. training dummy out of the water, to the dancing and the Highland Games – everything we did that day was just so exhausting!”

Not only did the team face a Speed Bump for coming in last in the previous leg, but they also had to endure a U-Turn by their fellow competitors Jillian and Emmett.

“We were bummed, shocked and in such disbelief. We didn’t see it coming and then when we got there it just deflated us, but we had to push through,” says Yvette.

Even when the going got tough, the girls were amazed to see how resilient and persevering they were throughout the race.

“I feel like this experience just taught us to go after your dreams, and to not be afraid to dream big. If you have something that you’re afraid of, just conquer it,” says Rita.

For Rita and Yvette their experience on the action packed show was truly an experience of a lifetime.

“To have had the chance to go on the show, travel around Canada and the world, and see all of the things that we saw it was an experience that we will cherish forever,” says Rita.

“Also, it opened our eyes to see just how fortunate we are to be Canadians and how beautiful our country is. Who knew, I had no idea that there are so many beautiful places here in this country,” adds Yvette.

As for what’s next for these two University grads, let’s just say they’re leaving their options open.

“The sky is the limit! We’d like to travel, just enjoy and see the world.”
RITA AND YVETTE THANKFUL TO HAVE FOUGHT ANOTHER DAY ON 'THE AMAZING RACE CANADA'
Alyssa Ball
AUGUST 31, 2016

(PHOTO VIA BELL MEDIA)
Share:
Link: 
http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/news/rita-and-yvette-thankful-to-have-fought-another-da
Although it was a bitter-sweet goodbye for twin sisters Rita and Yvette on Wednesday’s episode of “The Amazing Race Canada,” the girls could not express how happy they were to have been able to fight another day in the race after landing a non-elimination round on the previous leg in Havana, Cuba.

“Getting a second chance like that, especially after it was such a rough day, that was the best feeling. That just gave us the boost and motivation that we needed,” says Yvette.

Unfortunately that luck ran out in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia where the girls were eliminated after facing a challenging final leg.

“It was so physical, everything we did that day took everything out of us. From beginning to end it was all just strength and endurance, and that was the hardest thing,” says Rita.

“From dragging what felt like a 200 lb. training dummy out of the water, to the dancing and the Highland Games – everything we did that day was just so exhausting!”

Not only did the team face a Speed Bump for coming in last in the previous leg, but they also had to endure a U-Turn by their fellow competitors Jillian and Emmett.

“We were bummed, shocked and in such disbelief. We didn’t see it coming and then when we got there it just deflated us, but we had to push through,” says Yvette.

Even when the going got tough, the girls were amazed to see how resilient and persevering they were throughout the race.

“I feel like this experience just taught us to go after your dreams, and to not be afraid to dream big. If you have something that you’re afraid of, just conquer it,” says Rita.

For Rita and Yvette their experience on the action packed show was truly an experience of a lifetime.

“To have had the chance to go on the show, travel around Canada and the world, and see all of the things that we saw it was an experience that we will cherish forever,” says Rita.

“Also, it opened our eyes to see just how fortunate we are to be Canadians and how beautiful our country is. Who knew, I had no idea that there are so many beautiful places here in this country,” adds Yvette.

As for what’s next for these two University grads, let’s just say they’re leaving their options open.

“The sky is the limit! We’d like to travel, just enjoy and see the world.”

“We’re really proud of ourselves, we ran a good race.”

Source:http://theamazingracecanada.ctv.ca/news/rita-and-yvette-thankful-to-have-fought-another-da