Author Topic: TAR CANADA 4 CONTESTANTS - Anthony Limbombe & Brandon Campeau (Best Friends)  (Read 10523 times)

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
Anthony Limbombe & Brandon Campeau
(Best Friends)

Anthony Limbombe

Current City: Windsor, Ont.     
Hometown: Kinshasa, Congo   
Strengths: Determined, smart, and friendly
Fears/Phobia: Feet
Favourite Travel Destination: Barcelona
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “He thinks he’s always right, but he’s wrong...a lot.”

Twitter: @AnthonyaBrandon
Instagram: @Limbombe

Brandon Campeau

Current City: Windsor, Ont.
Hometown: LaSalle, Ont.     
Strengths: Knowledgeable, persistent, and determined
Fears/Phobia: Heights and spiders
Favourite Travel Destination: Guatemala
Pet Peeve about Teammate: “He is late, a lot.”

"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
ABOUT ANTHONY AND BRANDON

Anthony and Brandon are a creative duo who met just a year ago while working in a restaurant. They have grown extremely close and share a passion for music, working out, and family. Anthony is the ladies man – positive and charming, while Brandon is a quiet leader – strong and unwavering. They both play multiple sports and are a competitive pair who hate to lose. They also love to sing and rap, whether they’re in the car or the home studio owned by Brandon’s brother.

The two are well travelled in their own right. Brandon has been to Central America and Anthony all over Europe. Their youthful vibe is infectious and they are ready take on any challenge presented to them.

Anthony and Brandon are determined to win "The Amazing Race Canada" and would use the winnings to help their co-worker buy a specialized van for her niece Zoey, who suffers from several chronic illnesses. They would also use the prize money to follow their dream careers. Anthony would become a travel nurse, and Brandon would love to work on, or own, a resort in Australia.

FUN FACTS

Motto: “BumpnGrind”
If you and your teammate were a pop duo, what would your name be? White Chocolate 
Walk on song: “Feeling Good” – Michael Buble
Past team they most associate with: Mickey and Pete
If you could be an animal what would you be?
Anthony: Gorilla
Brandon: Wolf 
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
More team questions from their profile...

How did you train for the Race? Went to the gym and ran outside.

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? Winning ‘The Amazing Race Canada.’

What’s one thing you wish you could bring on the Race? My phone because you can use it for many different things, like translating or for directions.

How did you choose your team colour? Army green is a very strong colour and we are a very strong team. We’re fighting for something so this colour seemed very fitting.

What’s your must-have item of clothing? Tank tops. I love to show off my tattoos and I feel the less clothing the better! I also need a hat.

What's the next big thing in your life you'd like to accomplish? Winning ‘The Amazing Race Canada’ first off, then moving away and start setting up my life in the tourism industry, wherever that brings me.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Offline Joberio

• RFF Sr. Member
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO AMY & MAYA, WINNERS OF TAR25!
On first glance, if there's a weak point on this team, it'll likely be Brandon.  Just speculating.  Could be Anthony, but Brandon just seems and feels like he'll be the weak link.

Online Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
These two are racing for a child who has a debilitating disease.  :(

That combined with them being best friends of different colour, my first thought was they're like a younger version of Bopper & Mark :( (Remember in their first season, they were racing for Bopper's ill daughter)

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
I was just at our mall, and very tempted to go into Buffalo Wild Wings to check them out. LOL
Maybe next week.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Oh DO!! They would be thrilled, I know from racers how much they loved their first "fans"!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
I am really kicking myself right now for not having any foresight whatsoever.
Just watched the etalk vid with these guys. Their intro shots were filmed on the Detroit River.
I COULD HAVE WALKED THERE in 5 minutes from my home. UGH.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ANTHONY LIMBOMBE & BRANDON CAMPEAU: The two pals are both servers at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Windsor, Ont. And they’re in the race for the best intentions.

“Our primary motivation was a little girl named Zoey,” says Anthony. We want to raise awareness and raise money with our winnings.

“She’s our boss’s niece, she’s a six-year-old little girl with Down syndrome, and she also has brittle bones, which were diagnosed when she was two years old.”

To that end, Brandon and former college basketball player Anthony, have been hitting the gym hard.

And hey, slinging wings is sort of preparation. “Working in the restaurant industry, things get hectic,” Anthony says. “If you don’t slow your mind down you’ll go crazy.”

“Obviously The Amazing Race Canada is not the same as working at Buffalo Wild Wings, Brandon adds. “But if we apply the same mentality, I think we’ll be fine.”

Source:http://www.lfpress.com/2016/06/24/the-amazing-race-canada-big-brother-canada-exes-mrs-universe-and-more-on-season-4

Offline WindsorSue

• RFF Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Sue's Reality Canada
I am really kicking myself right now for not having any foresight whatsoever.
Just watched the etalk vid with these guys. Their intro shots were filmed on the Detroit River.
I COULD HAVE WALKED THERE in 5 minutes from my home. UGH.

Intro videos are always secretive   :spy:

Not on the Detroit River. I should have known they would film there because Windsor's definitive shot is from the river, with Detroit in the background. Go figure. Besides, no one would have suspected a little, innocent woman watching from a park bench.  :hides

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Windsor Team Out Of 'Amazing Race Canada'

It's all over for a pair of co-workers from Windsor.

In the season four premiere of 'The Amazing Race Canada',  Anthony Limbombe and Brandon Campeau were the very first to be eliminated.

They decided to skip a 'roadblock challenge' and took a four hour penalty as a result. That cost them as they watched the other nine teams cross the finish line ahead of them.

Limbombe admits he was disappointed to be the first eliminated. "I expected the race to be difficult but it totally surprised us. I've never travelled anywhere in Canada before but, to be here right now and see what's around us is unreal'.

The race started out from the Northwest Territories.

Both men work at Buffalo Wild Wings in Devonshire Mall.

Source:http://www.am800cklw.com/News/Headlines/Windsor-Team-Out-Of-Amazing-Race-Canada

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'The Amazing Race Canada' Season 4: Anthony and Brandon sound off on costly misplay
In The Amazing Race Canada, it’s called an “expert fail” – when someone craps out on a challenge in their wheelhouse.

Think Olympic gold medal hockey player Natalie Spooner repeatedly missing a net target in Season 2, or former pro soccer player Nic La Monaca stinking out the joint at “blind soccer” in Season 3.

The first episode of Season 4 Tuesday saw the two biggest and strongest players – Windsor Buffalo Wild Wings servers Anthony Limbombe and Brandon Campeau – back away from an upper-body-strength challenge involving monkey bars at the bottom of the Jasper SkyTram. Eventually they were eliminated.

They took a four-hour penalty and skipped the Roadblock after Campeau’s hands slipped on his first attempt and he fell hundreds of feet on a bungee.

The smallest team – fitness instructors Kelly Xu and Kate Pan – also opted for the penalty, reasoning that they didn’t have the strength for it.

“We WERE the most physical team in the race,” Campeau said in an interview Wednesday, the day after he and Limbombe watched their elimination at the home of fellow racers Kristen McKenzie and Steph LeClair.

“I really wanted to nail it on my first attempt, but I just didn’t have the upper body strength to do it. So after falling, we contemplated taking penalties and calculated that we would have had enough time to do the rest of the race based on how many teams were still left at the tram.

“We killed it the rest of the race, got to the Pit Stop and it was looking good for a couple of hours. But slowly and surely all the teams ended up showing up. I felt real guilty for watching us lose and then seeing how easy the second attempt was for all the teams.”

(On further attempts, contestants began to figure out that using their feet as well as their hands made it easier. Bad weather gave some teams a break as well, releasing them from having to finish the challenge with only a minor time penalty.)

Could Limbombe, a former college basketball player and the bigger of the two, have completed the SkyTram challenge?

“Obviously, after you get eliminated, you play with different possibilities,” Limbombe said. “Everyone would. Of course I thought, ‘What would have happened with me?’ But at the end of the day there’s nothing we could do about that.”

“I think Anthony could have done it on his first attempt,” Campeau said.

Discovering that they were effectively in a race with the diminutive “Kate and Kelly” (who at one point let their raft get away from them on the Athabasca River) Limbombe and Campeau liked their chances. Indeed, the episode was edited to make it sound like they were trash-talking the young women.

“All we were saying was if it came down to a footrace, we thought we’d beat them because we are the more physical team, we’re athletic guys,” Limbombe said.

“At that point,” Campeau added, “now that it’s two teams that have penalties, the rest of the race doesn’t matter as long as you get to the mat before them.

“We knew we would smash ‘em in the footrace, but we weren’t talking smack about them.”

Campeau did admit, though that when Xu and Pan lost their raft, “it sure did look like (they were going to lose).”

Watching the show with fellow players who were there and already knew the outcome was a relief for Limbombe and Campeau, whose other option was to watch it at their workplace.

“Apparently, everyone was cheering us on,” Campeau said. “We were told there was a large crowd at the dining room that clapped and cheered and drank shots every time they saw us on TV.

“But being there for the disappointment – that would have been awkward.”

Though they didn’t have a long time to assess the competition, Limbombe and Campeau figured early on two favourites. One of them – Big Brother Canada alumni and argumentative “exes” Jillian MacLaughlin and Emmett Blois – actually won the first leg of the race.

“We knew from first impressions that Jillian and Emmett would be a tough team to beat,” Limbombe said. “And (former U.S. softball collegians) Steph and Kristen would be tough to beat just because they looked physically dominant.”

But as we discovered, looks aren’t everything.

Source: http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/2016/06/29/the-amazing-race-canada-season-4-anthony-and-brandon-sound-off-on-costly-misplay

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
TBH I can't understand a quit on leg 1 even if it is a strategical quit! It's not the right way to start off your race experience.

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • RFF Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
No more skyscrapers for first team to leave ‘The Amazing Race Canada’

As far as premieres go, The Amazing Race Canada kicked off with a bang Tuesday night when it featured 10 new teams vying for a $250,000 grand prize, not to mention unlimited airfare for a year and a sweet new ride.

Sadly, best friends Brandon and Anthony are officially out of the running now that they’ve become the first team to be eliminated. In a tough Road Block challenge in Jasper, Alta., Brandon had to monkey bar across a sky tram in order to retrieve a clue. But after he fell the first time, the duo quickly decided not to line up again, and took a four-hour time penalty instead. It was a move that cost them the game when all the other teams wound up crossing the finish line before them.

We caught up with the racing duo to find out if they have any regrets, what exactly went wrong and to find out what host Jon Montgomery’s like in real life.

What went wrong?

Brandon: Right when I fell on my first attempt, I was automatically thinking we should take the penalty, just because the amount of teams that were still left to do their first and second attempts. Knowing we would have had to wait in the back of the line, we calculated that we would have had enough time to do the rest of the race and still be okay, even if we just barely got by. We knew we would be okay to get to the next leg because there would be other challenges after the gondola.

Did you know you would be harnessed if you tried again?

Brandon: I knew if I did the second attempt that I would have the harness on, but seeing it Tuesday night on TV and how easy it was, I didn’t expect it to be that easy. And also we didn’t expect that it was going to rain, so there were a lot of factors that went into taking that penalty and there were a lot of factors that led to us getting eliminated at the same time.

Anthony, what went through your head when Brandon suggested taking the penalty?

Anthony: For sure there was discussion to it. But like Brandon said, there were a lot of factors to it. Going in we didn’t want to take penalties at all – we didn’t want to pass through anything. For me it was that if he felt that he couldn’t do it, then we would keep it moving, and we had to get other challenges done.

Are either of you kicking yourselves now?

Anthony: Not really. At this point, everything is out of our control. We just have to let it go.

Say you had scraped by after the time penalty and kept racing – how far do you think you would have gotten now that you know what doing this thing is actually like?

Brandon: That’s hard to say because we’re out.

Anthony: Yeah. You want to say we would have won…

Brandon: You want to say we would have won if it didn’t rain, but we can’t say that. That’s not fair to say.

What was it like giving up your cell phones and technology to do this thing?

Anthony: It was actually easy because you’re constantly doing something and we’re good friends, we entertain each other.

Brandon: Yeah we’re pretty good entertainers, we kept everybody up with our laughs for sure.

If you had continued, was there anything you would have been too scared to do or that would have been a challenge?

Anthony: I know for Brandon it was eating something gross. For me… not really just because I can eat anything. Everyone knows heights will be on every season of the show. So we were welcoming everything else.

Brandon: We were taking everything head on.

What’s Jon Montgomery like when the cameras are off?

Brandon: Jon’s awesome.

Anthony: He’s actually very funny. He has a great sense of humour that they don’t portray enough on TV. He does a great job of keeping everything light and making a joke out of everything. He’s a very goofy guy. He was very understanding [when we were eliminated]. Being an athlete, he knows what it’s like. He kind of understood.

Now that you’ve had a taste of Canadian travel, would you do more of it?

Brandon: For sure – I’d never travelled anywhere else in Canada before. It was quite amazing. I want to go back to Jasper, Alta., for sure.

Anthony: I want to go to B.C. at some point in time in my life.

Would you travel together again?

Anthony: Yeah – as long as we stay away from skyscrapers!

What advice do you have for other teams going forward?

Brandon: Don’t take penalties!

Anthony: And just have fun with it. At the end of the day it’s an experience. Nothing on this show is meant to be taken heavily.

Brandon: It’s a race and a competition, but the main thing is the relationship that you have with your partner. So good or bad, you have to come out as a team because you went in as a team.

Anything to add?

Anthony: A lot of the reason we did the race was for our boss’s niece, Zoey [who was born with a hole in her heart and lungs that couldn’t properly form]. We do want to raise a little more awareness and help her cause. If people don’t mind, check out Angels for Zoey and read up a little bit about it. There’s a GoFundMe page on there as well if people would like to donate.

Source:http://www.theloop.ca/no-more-skyscrapers-for-first-team-to-leave-the-amazing-race-canada/

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yes but for your once in a lifetime opportunity so you really want to start off with a quit?

Offline stekay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Yes but for your once in a lifetime opportunity so you really want to start off with a quit?

If it is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you want it to last as long as possible. At that point they knew they were in last and took a calculated risk to get their journey to last longer.

They technically weren't last because they'd have to go up the mountain with 2 other teams and at that point afaik Anne & Tanya hadn't even attempted it. It ultimately didn't pay off and if it had I wouldn't be rooting for them because they quit so easily. It's also why Kelly & Kate fell way down my team list.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
TBH I can't understand a quit on leg 1 even if it is a strategical quit! It's not the right way to start off your race experience.

I mean it was smart IMO, considering the time it took to go up and down. The weather (something they had no control over) is what did them in.

I think it was the decision that did it and not the weather tbh. From my point of view, based on how easily Stephane did it the second time with the harness and how much he flopped on round 1, I think it would have been almost impossible to fail the second time because the harness supported them.