Author Topic: TAR 29 MEDIA  (Read 35955 times)

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 29 MEDIA
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 07:55:52 AM »
I figured as much. I can't see CBS giving a real 2 hour premiere to a show on its last legs after putting it aside for 6 months.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 08:01:22 AM »
Hopefully they realize that this unique set up and the start itself needs extra time to introduce to the audience. That's why I think the whole first hour will be covering that.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 06:24:42 PM »
Well, Peach.....

"I feel like by Episode 3 it really hits its stride... Episode 3, 4, and 5 are just killer! And then it just sort of halts."

Halts sounds very negative and it's unusual to see Phil say that to say the least...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 01:05:09 AM »
Well, Peach.....

"I feel like by Episode 3 it really hits its stride... Episode 3, 4, and 5 are just killer! And then it just sort of halts."

Halts sounds very negative and it's unusual to see Phil say that to say the least...

I agree. But my hope is that the "it halts" refers to the initial cast/start drama (trying to be non-spoilery here) and then reverts to normal racing drama since he does say it builds from there.

But we really don't know. Could be that no one really loves this season and hence the late start and all. Particularly as there was a lovely available slot at 9PM on Wednesdays that we were not given. 
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »
Well, Peach.....

Unfortunately I totally agree. :groan:
I was slightly worried about the future of the show before this, but now I'm starting to panic.  Lets just hope the first few episodes aren't really slow, or ratings could be the lowest we've seen in a long time.:iok
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Online BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 02:00:04 PM »
We should really enjoy this season then...

Offline TC

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2017, 01:52:24 PM »
Listened to the Podcast...Phil says it "sort of HOLDS," not "HALTS."  That may make more sense to those who may have been confused by the printed version. You can hear for yourself at 25:44 in the podcast.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:56:55 PM by TC »

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »
Meet the 22 Complete Strangers That Will Team Up at the Starting Line on THE AMAZING RACE

HE AMAZING RACE returns this season with a race unlike any before. In a brand new twist, all 22 Racers are complete strangers who will meet on the starting line. Before 'GO,' Racers will immediately compete in a challenge that will determine the order for picking a Teammate, based on nothing but first impressions. These new pairs of Teammates will then have mere moments to learn their traveling companion's name before beginning a race around the world that will span 9 countries, 17 cities and 36,000 miles. The new season of the 10-time Emmy Award-winning series premieres on a new date and time, Thursday, March 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/T8VpR5sPVAw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/T8VpR5sPVAw</a>

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2017, 09:36:52 AM »
Can't view the video! Nooooooooooo!  :groan:

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2017, 09:54:58 AM »
Not restricted vid!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OiG1cdoCm2s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OiG1cdoCm2s</a>
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 10:06:21 AM »
Thanks Alen!  :<3

Was a bit concerned about the cast, but after watching that my concerns are no more.  CAN NOT WAIT now!  :conf:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 10:50:21 AM »
CBS press release:

FOR THE FIRST TIME, 22 COMPLETE STRANGERS TEAM UP AT THE STARTING LINE TO BEGIN A RACE AROUND THE WORLD WHEN “THE AMAZING RACE” RETURNS ON A NEW DATE AND TIME, THURSDAY, MARCH 30

THE AMAZING RACE returns this season with a race unlike any before. In a brand new twist, all 22 Racers are complete strangers who will meet on the starting line. Before “GO,” Racers will immediately compete in a challenge that will determine the order for picking a Teammate, based on nothing but first impressions. These new pairs of Teammates will then have mere moments to learn their traveling companion’s name before beginning a race around the world that will span 9 countries, 17 cities and 36,000 miles. The new season of the 10-time Emmy Award-winning series premieres on a new date and time, Thursday, March 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

“For years, THE AMAZING RACE fans have suggested we line up complete strangers and match them up at the starting line to see what would happen. These newbie racers begin with no pre-existing relationships or emotional baggage, and the excitement of traveling around the world to complete dozens of gut-busting, mind-blowing challenges quickly ignites tension,” said Phil Keoghan, host of THE AMAZING RACE.

“THE AMAZING RACE, in scope, is the biggest reality show ever created. It brings people from all walks of life together on a global scale, and traditionally sends teams with established relationships on an adrenaline-packed, exotic adventure. However, this season, we are excited to pair complete strangers and see how they handle the pressure of traveling the world with someone they just met,” said co-creator and executive producer Bertram van Munster.

Participants in the 29th Race around the world include an Army Drill Sergeant, a pro snowboarder, a Wall Street banker, an auctioneer and a college drum major, among others. They will begin their journey in Los Angeles and head to their first destination, Panama City. Along the route, Racers will be challenged with building and delivering desks and school supplies to children in Tanzania, skydiving in Norway and bungee jumping 240 feet into the Corinth Canal in Greece. The first team to cross the final finish line will win the one million dollar prize and be crowned the winners of THE AMAZING RACE.

Link: https://www.cbspres***press.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/the-amazing-race/releases/view?id=47306&shared

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2017, 02:58:50 PM »

:groan: How predictable.... CBS has front loaded the cast with Alpha Males/Females (aka Heroes) so as to pair them with the Beauty Pageant/Professional/Liberal Arts Major/Millennial/Social Misfit types (aka Normal People).  I suspect that infighting, frustration, melt-downs will ensue.  Still, could be worse, they could have done "Blind Dating 2.0".   :funny:   Meh!

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2017, 03:32:04 PM »
Not restricted vid!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OiG1cdoCm2s" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OiG1cdoCm2s</a>

I am just pumped for this season now! Thanks SO much Alen!

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2017, 06:20:45 PM »

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2017, 04:33:37 AM »
Titles for episode 2 are "Scared Spitless" and episode 3 "Bucket List Type Stuff", both to be aired on April 6 and 13.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/amazing-race/listings/

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2017, 06:48:13 PM »
An interview with Phil: http://www.harrisonline.com/audio/philkeoghan032417.mp3

Nice one!!
"What I love about Amazing Race Fans is that even with the technology that is available, and even though many fans know what is going on with us, as a courtesy to other Amazing Race viewers around the world they are very good at protecting us without trying to be the one that throws out a spoiler that ruins it for everybody. We have really fantastic fans."

We have an International network of fans. Even though they have the ability to give things away, I am trying to think of an occasion where a fan has deliberitely given away some spoiler. They respect the franchise,  they respect the Amazing Race....but I guess we may need to keep an eye out for little drones flying by!"

ALSO: RATINGS WILL MATTER FOR TAR 30!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2017, 06:51:30 PM »
Matter in what way I wonder? Being sarcastic :word: :word:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2017, 06:46:20 PM »
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-race-29-preview-phil-keoghan/

How many pairings defied your expectations during the race?

Keoghan: Oh, a lot. I'm always surprised. People I thought would do better didn't and people I thought would cope better didn't. ... It really wasn't until Episode 3, which is roughly 80 hours in -- we talk about episodes as if [what happens in them] is spaced out over three weeks but in reality it's maybe 80-to-90 hours -- it took about 80-to-90 hours for the honeymoon period of being paired with a stranger to dissipate. It was like, "You know what? I'm sorry. I don't like the way you're dealing with this. I've got a lot at stake here. You're not gonna jeopardize this for me. We're not going to do it like that. I need you to work with me as a team member and give me the respect that I deserve."

Keoghan: Look, the show really starts to kick into gear for me around Episode 3 and then by Episode 5, it just launches into the end. The beginning is really interesting because everybody is trying to tiptoe around each other trying to be nice. ... Then it gets to, "You're really annoying me with how we're checking in at the airport. I don't know how you normally operate, but we're a team." On any other season you don't see that because people have gone through that in their pre-existing relationships, not that they don't have disagreements, but they're not starting from scratch.

Sounds like a fiery season from episode three and up! :lol: <3

And a very good quote for these trying times:

Keoghan: A lot of fans have said, "Why Thursday? Why 10 o'clock? Why can't it be this? Why can't it be that?" I've just said the same thing to all of them: "Let's focus on what we do have and what we can do and not what we don't have and what we can't do." This is an opportunity for us to go on a new night -- a big night for CBS ... and let's focus on what's right about this.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2017, 07:30:17 PM »
Was just coming to post this!

^^http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-amazing-race-29-preview-phil-keoghan/?rss=breakingnews

Excellent Interview! Tons of cast info!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GMR 602

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2017, 11:52:41 PM »
I'm confused
Have they ever released a 7 minute clip?

This and the fact that they gave TAR the Thursday slot shows faith in this show

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2017, 03:28:30 AM »
There is faith. Definitely lots of it.
The 7-minute sneak peek surprised me as well - it's something they've been doing for Survivor several seasons now. So any kind of additional promotion they come up with is definitely a positive. :)

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2017, 04:02:27 AM »
CBS REALLY want this season to go well, don't they!  :hoot: :conf: :bunny

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster