Author Topic: TAR 29 MEDIA  (Read 35946 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
TAR 29 MEDIA
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »
 :puter:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 29 MEDIA
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:39:43 AM »
Interesting. But unlikely to fit this season's quirks. And 29 is casted.

http://www.enstarz.com/articles/161728/20160601/the-amazing-race-season-29-update-casting-process-continues-with-price-is-right-model-video.htm

'The Amazing Race' Season 29 Update: Casting Process Continues With 'Price Is Right' Model? [VIDEO]

It may not have a premiere date, but season 29 of 'The Amazing Race' still seems to be on track

By Lauren DuBois, EnStars on Jun 01, 2016 02:47 PM EDT

It may not have a premiere date, but season 29 of 'The Amazing Race' still seems to be on track (

The 29th season has no clear premiere date on CBS's fall schedule, but that doesn't mean The Amazing Race isn't gearing up for it's new season and working on finding the perfect cast.

Following the recent The Price Is Right primetime special featuring host Phil Keoghan and fan-favorite teams, a Twitter exchange between Keoghan and Drew Carey seemed to suggest that one of the daytime game show's models, Rachel Reynolds, could be one of the racers in the newest season.

Things started when Reynolds herself tweeted to Keoghan and joked about possibly joining his show after he did such a great job while appearing on hers, which led to Keoghan responding by asking who she would want to race with.

"It was a blast! You were 'Amazing' on our show, how about I 'Race' on yours," she wrote. "Sounds like a great idea to me," Keoghan responded. "...Who's your pick for a teammate?" Carey then joined the conversation by responding to Keoghan, suggesting that Reynolds and her husband, former MLB player David Dellucci, would make a perfect pair, leading to Keoghan suggesting they bring the casting idea to CBS's CEO, Les Moonves.

"Sounds good to me, Drew can you have a word with #LesMoonves #AmazingRace," Keoghan tweeted.

Casting appears to still be going on for the upcoming season, though it seems as if the show is working towards another season featuring strangers who partner up and race together, similar to the season 26 Blind Dates setup, though the casting call website also states it is looking for teams of two who do have a pre-existing relationship of a non-romantic variety, meaning it likely isn't looking to set people up on Blind Dates again, after their matches all failed to connect romantically during the previous experiment.

Nothing has been announced in regards to the cast for the new season thus far, though the show is expected to still tape for 30 days, sometime before August.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »

:snicker:  If her Twitter pic can be believed, looks like these two were meant for the race.... wonder if he can "drive a stick"...  :funny:

Rachel Reynolds Twitter pic (with hubby)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 03:32:42 PM »
The WRAP:
We spoke with your fellow producer Jerry Bruckheimer earlier this week. He told us that you guys always have more good ideas up your sleeve. Can you project on the future of the “Race”? What do you have to do in the next season shooting this summer to make sure this becomes a multiple season pickup?

Elise Doganeiri:
 Jerry Bruckheimer is right, we do have more good ideas up our sleeve. Hmmm, what can I say … to be honest I have to keep it all under wraps but I will tell you, we have a fantastic cast lined up, exciting new places and challenges, and a new twist like you have never seen before.

http://www.thewrap.com/amazing-race-producer-dishes-on-season-finale-28-as-winner-is-crowned-exclusive/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Leafsfan.

• TAR Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 10:56:31 AM »
Interesting read: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazing-races-phil-keoghan-close-903045

'Amazing Race's' Phil Keoghan on Close Calls, Superfan Encounters and How the Show Stays Fresh

8:07 AM PDT 6/15/2016  by  Kimberly Nordyke   

"We've really been blessed that every season has been something unique and exciting, and what works about the show in general, and the format, is that it allows for something fresh every season."

Phil Keoghan has racked up countless frequent-flier miles as host of The Amazing Race.

"I've been to around 120 countries or so," he tells The Hollywood Reporter during a recent break in the action while filming season 29 of CBS' Emmy-winning series (it's been named best unscripted competition 10 times since the category's inception in 2003).

And yet he says that, after 16 years, every season is still a new adventure for both him and the contestants — as well as the viewers.

"There is an inherent freshness that comes from behind a show that isn't studio-based," he says. "I think it would be a lot more difficult to keep the format fresh when you're going back to the same place and same stage, whereas we've never had do [do that]. We're never in the same place, and the show is never repeating itself."

Speaking by phone from Brazil, just a few days into production, Keoghan was hesitant to spoil too many details about the upcoming season but he did open up about some of risks involved in filming a show like this, encounters with superfans all around the world and why the series has endured for so long.

What can you reveal about the upcoming season?

I can't say too much about it, other than to say we're already two legs in right now and it's extremely exciting. There's already been a lot of drama, and I haven't slept much since we started going only 48 hours ago. We finished two shows, and it's already mayhem.

How does it compare so far to seasons past?

Well, I think that we've really been blessed that every season has been something unique and exciting, and what works about the show in general, and the format, is that it allows for something fresh every season. It feels different from anything [else]. We're just two episodes in, but we're off to a good start. I'm feeling very confident we have something special. It's usually episode 6 where I start feeling a little calmer; the beginning is always panic and craziness.

How do you keep the show fresh season after season?

It comes from having an amazing group of people. Producers put so much work into new ideas and locations and all that. And on top of it all, there is an inherent freshness that comes from behind a show that isn't studio-based. I think it would be a lot more difficult to keep the format fresh when you're going back to the same place and same stage, whereas we've never had do [do that]. We're never in the same place, and the show is never repeating itself. The only time it repeats itself is if we do a challenge again from something in the past that fans loved, but even then it's new teams and a new setup. If you remember the cheese rolling down the hill, we repeated that but it was a different location and then we had new contestants, and new reactions, and a slightly different setup.

How do you keep your stamina up?

Mixed nuts are always good; I'm eating mixed nuts right now (laughs). Lots of water. And I have to admit I do rely a little bit on caffeine to keep my energy up. I just hosted The Price Is Right [in a primetime special featuring past Amazing Race contestants], and the energy there is so infectious. I jokingly said it would be fun to have an audience travel around the world with us and greet the teams at 3 in the morning when everybody is half dead from jet lag and exhaustion.

Why do you think the show has endured for so long?

It goes back to what said, that it never feels like it's repeating itself. We're 16 years into The Amazing Race, and we just never know what's going to happen next. The unpredictability comes from the fact that we are shooting the show on a global scale. It always feels big and bold and unpredictable, and there is a certain amount of risk involved in getting around the world. It's just so different from so many other shows, in terms of logistics. Already we've had delayed flights, and we were out on the road yesterday and they were using explosives on one side of the road. And we got caught in a massive storm yesterday, which basically stopped everything from moving. You can't drive in a tropical rainstorm. So it's just those things you never think about when you're shooting in a Hollywood studio. Or if our cameras get wet or a piece of equipment is damaged in the middle of the jungle. Or having to think about protecting people from mosquito bites, or malaria, or the zika virus. There are so many variables and logistical aspects to the show. If you're just shooting a show in a studio, that's one thing, but we're trying to do it in the real world, operating on other people's timetables and flight schedules.

Have you ever had any near close calls on the production side?

Just this morning, I was trying to get ahead of the teams. It was a very tight race, and I was trying to get ahead to the pit stop, and this bread company was handing out bread on the street. It was a big party celebration on the street. Meanwhile, I was getting texts [from producers] saying that the teams were actually likely to beat me to the pit stop. There is a whole other layer, which makes it extremely exciting, and the excitement and unpredictability come through on the screen.

Did you make it in time?

I did, by 10 minutes.

Any other instances?

I remember once, in India, we were trying to take a shortcut, so we drove one street over, and we got caught behind a huge elephant. We couldn't get away from some huge celebration [in the streets]. Some of these things you can deal with, but you can't do anything about that. I embrace it, and that's part of what I love about it.

How many countries have you visited?

I've been to around 120 or so. Before Amazing Race, I'd been to something like 60, and now I've been to about 120. I think China is our most-visited country now — we're up to about 16 times — and we could go back there many, many times, and still not be repeating ourselves.

What makes for a good contestant on the show?

It's hard to define what makes a perfect racer; it's different than what makes for an entertaining racing team. Sometimes teams can be very good but not as dynamic to watch as teams that have flaws. Most people have flaws, and the audience connects with ordinary people thrust into extraordinary situations, rather than extraordinary people in ordinary situations. The more ordinary the person and the more extraordinary the situation you put them in, in general, that's what makes the best show. One of the great things about the show is, being on for so long, there are these young people who, all their childhood, wanted to be on and have been waiting to apply. It's cool when I meet somebody who is a superfan and has wanted to be on the show since they were 10.

Do you encounter fans all over the world?

We had superfans turn up today in Brazil. There was about 12 of them, and they all turned out with T-shirts and knew everything about the show. They are such big fans, they wanted to be a part of it. And they also don't want to reveal spoilers. People do love to give away where we are [filming], and we embrace the fact that technology exists; you can't live in a vacuum, like when we started [16 years ago]. But these fans made a point of saying, "We don't want to ruin anything for other fans by divulging who came in where or what happened." I'm not sure a lot of peope know how big the show is around the world. I believe it's in 140 countries; [it's big in] Canada, Singapore, Australia. And the format has been made in many countries. So wherever we go in the world, people know us straightaway. And we embrace that.

What else would you like to add?

I think the key for us is just that we keep the show relevant. We were honored the other day at Realscreen with an award for the best reality show, and we don't take that lightly, after 16 years, that we can compete with best of reality shows out there and still be relevant and keep finding new audiences. The material is evergreen, and so fans of the show who weren't even born when it started are binge-watching season after season and becoming part of the Race culture. The fact that we get 16-year-olds coming up [to us] saying how much they love watching the show with their friends, the fact that we are still relevant to that young audience and to families in general, that's one of the things I like the most about the show. What I hear the most about the show is that it's one show that families can sit down and watch together, and it's true. There are lots of popular shows out there, but few that facilitate family viewing where people can sit down together – grandparents, parents and kids — everybody can enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 06:10:59 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 04:08:38 PM »
Interesting read: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amazing-races-phil-keoghan-close-903045

Very cool article! There were a few small tidbits from the current filming. Also, great to see Phil reference our Sao Paulo ground crew and say some very nice things about them. Group t-shirts? Wow. I'd be trying to be as inconspicuous as possible, but obviously having the shirts worked out well.

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »
I was definitely laying low, but you can actually see the guys with t-shirts, in one of the posted pics from the RB.

Offline fossil-racer

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »
http://www.enstarz.com/articles/164037/20160616/the-amazing-race-season-29-spoilers-phil-keoghan-dishes-on-new-teams-locations-video.htm

'The Amazing Race' Season 29 Spoilers: Phil Keoghan Dishes On New Teams, Locations [VIDEO]

Filming has only just begun on season 29 of 'The Amazing Race' but things are already getting chaotic

By Lauren DuBois, EnStars on Jun 16, 2016 04:46 PM EDT

Filming has only just begun on season 29 of 'The Amazing Race' but things are already getting chaotic (Photo : Trae Patton/CBS)

Fans still don't know when they'll see season 29 on TV, but The Amazing Race is still filming the episodes, and Phil Keoghan can promise that they're going to be good.

While taking a break during filming in Brazil, Keoghan spoke to The Hollywood Reporter about the current season by phone, and he already can confirm that there's a little bit of chaos when it comes to the new episodes.

"I can't say too much about it, other than to say we're already two legs in right now and it's extremely exciting," he said when asked about the new season. "There's already been a lot of drama, and I haven't slept much since we started going only 48 hours ago, We finished two shows, and it's already mayhem."

As for how it's already mayhem? Keoghan himself ran into trouble getting to a the pit stop for the second leg, admitting that a celebration on the street almost kept him from beating the teams themselves there.

"Just this morning, I was trying to get ahead of the teams. It was a very tight race, and I was trying to get ahead to the pit stop, and this bread company was handing out bread on the street. It was a big party celebration on the street. Meanwhile, I was getting texts [from producers] saying that the teams were actually likely to beat me to the pit stop. There is a whole other layer, which makes it extremely exciting, and the excitement and unpredictability come through on the screen," he said.

However, he did manage to make it to the location before the teams, but barely.

"I did, by 10 minutes," he said.

Keoghan also revealed that he thinks are going to remain hectic for a little while longer, thanks to his past experience over the 28 preceding seasons.

"It's usually episode 6 where I start feeling a little calmer," he admitted. "The beginning is always panic and craziness."

Season 29 has not been given a specific premiere date on CBS.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:20:06 PM by georgiapeach »
Unearthing Prehistoric Spoilers since TAR Canada 2
Detail Analyst - TAR Canada is my favorite!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 05:06:00 PM »
^^Carnival had just started in Sao Paulo.

And note PHOTO
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 05:20:46 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 06:16:16 PM »
I think that's a stock shot from Santa Barbara.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2016, 07:15:24 AM »

'The Amazing Race' films Season 29 in Chicago

You think after giving them a heads-up about the finale, the Chicago Tribune would at least give a shout-out to RFF for the TAR 29 spoilers.  Oh well, at least the finish line is confirmed.  :snicker:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chicagoinc/ct-the-amazing-race-filming-in-chicago-20160703-story.html

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 10:51:18 AM »
CBS continues the trend that started last year with references to TAR being interspersed to other shows.
Last night was "Bull"'s turn. At some point a character says " Are we on the Amazing race? Because I left my running shoes at home."

I'll take that as a good sign that they don't want TAR to be forgotten!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 07:57:20 AM »
TAR 29 quote from Phil Keoghan doing a Le Ride podcast. From the very end:

"I can tell you that We have a very different set up to the start and I will tell you that the season -in my professional opinion- takes a little bit uh to get going out of the gate. Just my opinion. I feel like by Episode 3 it really hits its stride... Episode 3, 4, and 5 are just killer! And then it just sort of halts. But this season does take a little bit to get going out of the gate. You gotta stay with it. If we haven't got you by episode 3 then we are never going to get you. But I think Episode 3 is really awesome. And then it just keeps going. It builds from there."

https://joy.org.au/brekkiebears/2017/02/06/phil-keoghan/
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 08:01:52 AM »
Can't say this is surprising. We know that we have
Show content
22 individuals to meet, not just 11 teams. It will take viewers awhile to get to know the teams created.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
TAR 29 quote from Phil Keoghan doing a Le Ride podcast. From the very end:

"I can tell you that We have a very different set up to the start and I will tell you that the season -in my professional opinion- takes a little bit uh to get going out of the gate. Just my opinion. I feel like by Episode 3 it really hits its stride... Episode 3, 4, and 5 are just killer! And then it just sort of halts. But this season does take a little bit to get going out of the gate. You gotta stay with it. If we haven't got you by episode 3 then we are never going to get you. But I think Episode 3 is really awesome. And then it just keeps going. It builds from there."

https://joy.org.au/brekkiebears/2017/02/06/phil-keoghan/

So TAR26 2.0? :lol: <3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 08:57:13 AM »

Let's hope. That one turned out okay...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 10:17:41 AM »
I do appreciate Phil's candor. Usually it's the canned response of how proud they are for making another great season.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 10:41:22 AM »
I'm scared for the fate of TAR.
Anyway, I'm kinda getting excited for this season now. :)

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 03:12:06 PM »
I do appreciate Phil's candor. Usually it's the canned response of how proud they are for making another great season.
Hmm... the fact that Phil isn't giving some canned response is actually kind of scary lol
It must be really... off? (Didn't want to say "bad" lol) for him to already try and warn everyone. hehe

But are we to assume Episodes 3-5 are the only good Legs and everything goes downhill from there?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 03:25:52 PM by dryedmangoez »

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »

Let's hope. That one turned out okay...

I would hope so. Loved that season and consider it to be VERY underrated.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:45:35 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 07:50:58 PM »
Hmm... the fact that Phil isn't giving some canned response is actually kind of scary lol
It must be really... off? (Didn't want to say "bad" lol) for him to already try and warn everyone. hehe

But are we to assume Episodes 3-5 are the only good Legs and everything goes downhill from there?

I think this refers to the fact that it WILL take us longer than usual this time to get to know everyone. I would think that would easily take a few episodes.

And no ,Phil clearly says that it builds from there. My guess is that by Ep 5/6 we know the teams well. SO the initial team drama is done...and perhaps that means that that Intro part is done and the focus switches more to the race itself?   ???
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TheRabbi

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »
Do we know if the 2 hour premiere is one long leg like seasons 6-9 premiere, or just airing the first 2 one hour episodes back to back like season 15? I'm guessing the latter.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 09:33:22 PM »
We don't know. My Guess is one hour for the start then one hour for the first out of country leg.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 10:48:14 PM »
I'm scared for the fate of TAR.
Anyway, I'm kinda getting excited for this season now. :)

Lol don't be. Just enjoy TAR 29

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 11:35:33 PM »
Do we know if the 2 hour premiere is one long leg like seasons 6-9 premiere, or just airing the first 2 one hour episodes back to back like season 15? I'm guessing the latter.

I cannot post the screenshot now, but we are currently listed for "2901 and 2902" on the premiere night, so it's definitely the latter.