Author Topic: TAR 29 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS** Read Post #1!  (Read 165602 times)

Offline HavaDrPepper

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 29 Bitch, Moan & Squeal Thread **SPOILERS** Read Post #1!
« Reply #525 on: April 30, 2017, 03:46:43 PM »
I haven't been able to access the Wiki for ages!

Please report that... we'll check!

This is what I see when I go to the Wiki at http://realityfanwiki.com/

The web service to this account has been limited temporarily!
There is a server resource over usage report open for this account in the User Area. To remove the limits, please log into your User Area and consider the options available to resolve the case.

Offline elthemagnifico

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Previously as rafael02
« Reply #526 on: May 04, 2017, 10:17:24 AM »
Tbh imho, the shopping RB task in leg 3 was the best rb task i ever watched in TAR franchise....
what might have been

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #527 on: May 04, 2017, 02:43:05 PM »
TAR Canada is running NOW and the premiere date is JULY 4!! WE could do that too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #528 on: May 04, 2017, 02:54:50 PM »
Was wondering what was going on with that. Usually the bandwidth resets at the start of the month. But it's still like that this time.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #529 on: May 04, 2017, 10:14:33 PM »
Becca & Floyd and Matt & Red are doing well these past 2 legs, and they even got 2nd and 3rd respectively. I seriously wonder what happened to them on the Asian legs. ???

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #530 on: May 04, 2017, 10:18:53 PM »
**checks the spoiler thread to see the final three**
 :whoop:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #531 on: May 06, 2017, 11:03:00 PM »
i've stopped watching already lol

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #532 on: May 07, 2017, 03:35:50 AM »
i've stopped watching already lol

Why? It's a really good season because of the cast dynamic. (Bar leg 6)

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #533 on: May 07, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »
This is definitely my favorite season since 25 and I generally love it so far. <3
The cast is really amazing.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #534 on: May 07, 2017, 09:59:18 AM »
I was bored by the team's dynamics and there seemed to be nobody to actively root for. I missed those days when I could depend my hopes on all-female teams or old couples surviving or bottom godding each leg....

I've been a Long time fan since I was ten and I gotta say... Survivor managed to intrigue and garner back my attention after Survivor Cambodia with Game Changers...

Now I need TAR to bring back the olden days TAR, where flight drama was constant, getting lost on taxis were frustrating and hilarious, tasks were lame but totally challenging/funny - eating caviar/meat/cheese rolling/hay bales etc. Nowadays, more of the tasks seemed to be extremely non-memorable (repetitive) and most part of the race seemed to be getting from one point to another, complete a task, get to another point, complete a task, pit stop. Especially with this season where the teams had no prior relationship, their drama with each other are always repetitive, similar, non-changing and got tiring after awhile.

When TAR was about to get cancelled on Season 4, they revamped the route, introduced the Yield, and reduced the FF etc.

I wish that they can look into the teams dynamics (stop casting just young and energetic teams or models or social media stars etc.) and most importantly, plan a route which allows for flight drama to occur. I know sometimes when one team is left behind the result becomes melodramatic, but that's just the last 5-10 mins?

And the tasks! Not some window cleaning! Include some local flavour. Especially those which requires the racers to dress up in hedious outfits to perform a task etc  :funny:

And the lack of luck based tasks... not too many of them!! But I love them! Fun luck based tasks!

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #535 on: May 07, 2017, 10:39:57 AM »
I really like seeing flight drama too, but I think it was reduced so that they wouldn't have a problem like TAR11, wherein some teams already started the next leg while other teams have not even finished the previous leg. ??? Letting Phil wait for 19 hours in the cold does not sound good (although from a viewers perspective, I wish he'd break the record in the future. :funny: )

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #536 on: May 07, 2017, 11:43:07 AM »

Now I need TAR to bring back the olden days TAR, where flight drama was constant, getting lost on taxis were frustrating and hilarious, tasks were lame but totally challenging/funny - eating caviar/meat/cheese rolling/hay bales etc. Nowadays, more of the tasks seemed to be extremely non-memorable (repetitive) and most part of the race seemed to be getting from one point to another, complete a task, get to another point, complete a task, pit stop. Especially with this season where the teams had no prior relationship, their drama with each other are always repetitive, similar, non-changing and got tiring after awhile.

When TAR was about to get cancelled on Season 4, they revamped the route, introduced the Yield, and reduced the FF etc.

I wish that they can look into the teams dynamics (stop casting just young and energetic teams or models or social media stars etc.) and most importantly, plan a route which allows for flight drama to occur. I know sometimes when one team is left behind the result becomes melodramatic, but that's just the last 5-10 mins?

And the tasks! Not some window cleaning! Include some local flavour. Especially those which requires the racers to dress up in hedious outfits to perform a task etc  :funny:

And the lack of luck based tasks... not too many of them!! But I love them! Fun luck based tasks!

Could you post exactly this on my FB thread that is talking about this very thing please?? Hoping it is being seen... :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #537 on: May 07, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »
sigh did it but let's hope it works.

i know this is totally off topic but i really think the only way to excite old viewers like me is to just do an all-stars season. the last one was three years ago? survivor has old teams coming back from time to time. maybe this could work?

idc, maybe pair a past racer with a fan, fans vs favourites etc. i don't care.. i know people always talk about how we should stop bringing back teams and just discover regular people but come on, you know for Survivor, the best seasons are usually those with full/partial cast of returning players.

tbh, TAR 11, 18 and 24 wasn't that bad. there were loads of drama etc.. just that i don't know who's in-charge of the casting, but they need to start asking the right teams to be back. sorry but, nobody wants to see Jessica and John as much as people who wants to see, let's say, Charla and Mirna? Or Sheri and Cole in the recent season? idk.

k bye.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #538 on: May 07, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »
Not crazy about the way episodes open now.

I miss Phil's "This is <location>, <something about the location>, in the centre of the city..." and starting times instead of this repeated scenes from the week before.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #539 on: May 07, 2017, 02:36:44 PM »

I miss Phil's "This is <location>, <something about the location>, in the centre of the city..." and starting times instead of this repeated scenes from the week before.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2017, 02:50:03 PM »

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2017, 05:39:15 PM »

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2017, 06:22:21 PM »

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2017, 06:28:28 PM »
Okay, guys, I appreciate the agreement, but is the chain of quotes and nothing else really necessary? Lol

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2017, 06:30:44 PM »
Okay, guys, I appreciate the agreement, but is the chain of quotes and nothing else really necessary? Lol

It means we all support your opinion :funny:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #545 on: May 07, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »
LoLo and Brooke and Scott were on the pit stop mat for 20 minutes according to London's leg 7 video on youtube. Why are they on it for so long in newer seasons? It makes the legs look easier when more teams are consistently with each other on the mat.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #546 on: May 07, 2017, 08:20:21 PM »
I get annoyed seeing more than 1 team on the mat when it wasn't THAT close between them (as we later see from the departure times).

But maybe it's just Phil wanting to get to know the racers better and ask them more questions?

Nonetheless, it doesn't bring anything positive to the show.

Offline claude_24hrs

• " I am Claude "
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Not interested with fantasy games
    • Facebook
« Reply #547 on: May 07, 2017, 11:45:02 PM »

That famous phrase retired after season 26.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #548 on: May 11, 2017, 09:06:01 PM »
What I dislike about this season is that since teams are strangers they're probably holding back and not being themselves with their partners, this could be good for competition purposes but in the end they won't experience the relationship growth most past teams had. I liked the best seeing teams grow, like Ron learning to respect Christina, Ken & Tina rekindling their relationship, and even the campy proposals at the mat
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #549 on: May 11, 2017, 10:05:38 PM »
What I dislike about this season is that since teams are strangers they're probably holding back and not being themselves with their partners, this could be good for competition purposes but in the end they won't experience the relationship growth most past teams had. I liked the best seeing teams grow, like Ron learning to respect Christina, Ken & Tina rekindling their relationship, and even the campy proposals at the mat

I think the not holding back lasted only 2-3 Legs. Since then it has been VERY real!
RFF's Golden Rule: